Lexx Education - Episode Index

Episode 1 - Biology - A Lego Brick Full of Meccano                          Introduction to cells. Episode 2 - Chemistry - Bob Marley and th...

Tuesday 21 November 2023

Stanky Bow Wow

 Laura: Hello and welcome to an unmuted episode of Lexx Education, the comedy science Podcast, where we record the audio rather than muting the microphone and hoping everything is good.

Laura: I'm your host, Laura Lexx, the host Slash pupil.

Laura: I suppose I'm not really the host.

Ron: No.

Ron: That's new, isn't it?

Laura: I'm a bit flustered.

Laura: It's been a really stressful weekend, and I'm here in the studio today with our other host.

Laura: Other host?

Laura: Brother Normal man Ron.

Ron: It's me, Ron.

Laura: Hey, Ron.

Laura: Ron.

Ron: Hello.

Laura: Do Ron.

Ron: Rom Ron.

Laura: Do Ron.

Laura: Ron.

Laura: Hey, we're louder when we're recording than we are in the microphone test.

Ron: That's good.

Laura: That's fun to know, isn't it?

Laura: I've had to turn the game down a little bit.

Ron: Wow.

Laura: How are you, Ron?

Ron: Having the same stressful weekend as you?

Laura: Same room episode.

Laura: We're here in our parents'kitchen with the dulcet tones of Antiques Roadshow floating in from the living room.

Ron: That's a blast from the past.

Ron: The house reeking of Gravy.

Ron: The sound of Antiques Roadshow.

Ron: Fiona Bruce's haggish face looming over some lawns, telling me it's time to go to bed soon.

Ron: F*** Fiona Bruce, man.

Laura: Yeah, I don't think she was the host, like, in my childhood.

Ron: No, you had that old pleasant man who wore the pinstripe suits.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: I don't remember, though.

Laura: I'd do anything to not be in the room while Antiques Roadshow was on.

Ron: Yeah.

Laura: If you hear howling in the background, that's child of the podcast.

Laura: Who has just refused to sleep for about 48 hours now.

Ron: Yeah, she's having the same stressful weekend.

Laura: Wheel, but she's a lot of the stress.

Ron: She's good crack, though.

Laura: She is.

Laura: She is fun.

Laura: So, Ron, we went to a Christmas.

Laura: No, let's save that for the recording we're doing in a minute.

Laura: You'll never know what we went to today.

Laura: We went to a crisp factory, Gary Crisps.

Laura: It was just very brittle.

Laura: Skid for me.

Laura: The notes, let's say.

Laura: Right.

Laura: So this episode, I just want to say sorry about my microphone in the quiz.

Laura: It's crackly here and there.

Laura: I don't know why this microphone keeps doing that.

Laura: I think it's the lead.

Laura: I don't really know.

Ron: Yeah.

Laura: Shouldn't be doing it today, though.

Laura: That's good.

Ron: That's good.

Laura: And shouldn't do in the main bulk of the episode.

Laura: It's just in the quiz.

Laura: Yeah, but drives me bonkers.

Laura: Want to listen back to it?

Ron: I didn't care on.

Laura: I mean, it's a balmy start to the episode.

Laura: This one.

Ron: A real end of term vibe.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: But it's got strong Lexx Education.

Ron: It's very pleasant.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: I loved this episode.

Laura: Really good time with it.

Ron: A good one.

Ron: We're in a spate of good episodes at the moment.

Laura: You make me want to peel my own eyelashes off my face.

Ron: I'm saying it's good you said that.

Laura: For like the last five episodes.

Ron: Yes, that's the spate.

Laura: We just make a good podcast, Ron.

Ron: Not always.

Ron: Do you know where we do make a good podcast all the time?

Ron: Over on the Patreon.

Laura: Hey, Ron, we do.

Laura: We're about to record a Patreon episode.

Ron: Yep.

Laura: It's going to be very good.

Laura: We're recording with Agony dad this week.

Laura: Just delivered Agony dad his very own microphone for more future.

Ron: Yeah, yeah.

Laura: So, I mean, if you want to send in any, ask agony dad.

Laura: Get some help with your problems.

Laura: Send them in now, guys, and we'll get them answered while we're here because we're going to be doing some recording with the old goat.

Laura: Right.

Laura: I guess we'll let you listen to the episode.

Laura: What are we doing?

Laura: We're doing Alkanes.

Ron: Cracking of Alcanes.

Laura: Yeah.

Ron: And a cracking microphone.

Ron: It's not nothing.

Ron: Don't say that.

Laura: What?

Ron: Why are you saying so many things that sound like slurs in this episode?

Laura: The old nognob Noggin.

Laura: That's your head.

Laura: Oh, you are on the lookout for them.

Laura: It's a different word, mate.

Laura: Anyway, there you go.

Laura: Did you want to discuss Nathan for you now I see you've just put that in the summary.

Laura: Like I need to put that in.

Ron: We discuss it in the episode.

Ron: That's part of the summary this weekend.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: You liked it, I think.

Laura: Yeah, I did.

Ron: We should watch it when other people aren't around.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: Dad did not get it.

Ron: No, the f****** security guard.

Laura: It was good watch Nathan for you, but not until you've listened to this lesson.

Ron: Next.

Ron: Education for you.

Laura: Hey, what is it about?

Ron: I assume not that.

Ron: 74 75 59 5 December 6980.

Laura: That's a different song Though, isn't it?

Laura: Those are two different songs.

Laura: That is prettiest eyes by the beautiful south and 74 75 by the Connells.

Laura: And you're mixing them up because Mum and Dad used to have a variety cassette that had them both on.

Ron: It was the variety cassette.

Ron: Now that's what I call numbers.

Laura: What's prettiest eyes got you?

Ron: 59 5 September 89.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: Is that about dating a really old woman.

Laura: Many good times.

Laura: Children, you can't have too many lies.

Laura: It's just about being old but still being beautiful.

Laura: I think it's like, hey, you being older hasn't made you less beautiful because let's take a look at these crows feet.

Laura: Just look.

Laura: Sitting on the prettiest eyes and then it's like, hey, those crows feet are.

Laura: Because you've seen 59, fourth of December's, 69, fifth of July's or whatever.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: I thought it was a love song to an old woman when I was a kid, like, you know that bit in the office where they watch that film with Jack Black?

Ron: Yeah.

Laura: I kind of thought it was about that.

Laura: No, I think it's just about, hey, we're both old and your face has aged.

Laura: But it just reminds me of everything we did together.

Ron: Oh, that's nice.

Laura: Yeah.

Ron: Should we record?

Laura: We are recording.

Ron: Oh, that's an incongruous start.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: I mean, we missed the beginning of the chat.

Laura: 74, 75.

Laura: I don't know.

Laura: How does that song go about.

Laura: How does that song go?

Laura: Giving me more and I'll define.

Laura: Because you're really only after 74, 75.

Laura: I was the one who let you know I was your son.

Laura: I don't know what that song's about.

Ron: Sap, is that the same tape that.

Laura: Had in the WA by Paul Weller?

Laura: Yes.

Laura: And it's got to be.

Ron: Craft heft dummies.

Laura: I live on the second floor.

Laura: I live upstairs from you.

Laura: Crash test dummies.

Ron: There was.

Laura: Anyway.

Ron: Yeah, I.

Ron: For a long time, I think.

Ron: Not because of X.

Ron: This was on a different CD.

Ron: But I really thought that the Moulin rouge cover of Roxanne was by the crash test, because it's also like a deep, scary voice.

Laura: I can see that.

Laura: Roxanne, what a great sequence.

Ron: You don't have to go to school because of the crash.

Laura: It's not that, Ron.

Ron: Hair is gone all white.

Laura: Yeah, good times for music.

Laura: Yeah, good bloody times.

Laura: What a mum and dad.

Laura: They used to have a lot of CDs that had come free with the Daily Mail.

Ron: Still do.

Ron: Yeah, she loves it.

Laura: She loves it.

Laura: It's Episode 75, Ron.

Ron: Bloody h***.

Laura: Five blooming episodes.

Ron: Who'd have thunk it?

Laura: Who'd have listened to episode one and thought we'd made two, eh?

Laura: But here we are.

Laura: 75, 74, 75.

Ron: Right.

Ron: Do you remember what we were doing last time on chemistry?

Laura: No, I don't.

Ron: Do you remember what we've been doing recently on chemistry?

Laura: No.

Ron: Okay.

Ron: Hydrocarbon.

Laura: Mike Connell says it is pretty much just another failed relationship song that took influence from older bands such as the Birds and Big Star to more contemporary artists, including Echoing the Bunnyman, REM, the Replacements and Teenage Fan Club.

Ron: Fair enough.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: So there you go.

Laura: That's what it's about.

Laura: Just a busted up relationship.

Laura: Maybe they were together in the years 74 to 75 or something.

Ron: When's that song from?

Laura: Early 90s.

Laura: Apparently he started writing it in 1991.

Ron: Wow.

Ron: So, yeah, we were doing Alkanes.

Laura: What was that song?

Laura: That was like something about, oh, how did that song.

Laura: Oh, it's tickling right around the edges of my brain and I can't remember it.

Laura: There was a place name somewhere cold.

Ron: Winnipeg.

Laura: Yeah, that was it.

Laura: Yeah, Winnipeg.

Laura: Winnipeg.

Laura: Why is your.

Ron: Alberta, Alberta, Alberta, Alberta.

Laura: You be so loud.

Laura: Alberta, Alberta.

Ron: Where you been so long.

Laura: Since you been gone?

Laura: What was it called?

Laura: Oh, that is driving me nuts.

Laura: This is like a sneeze that you can't.

Ron: Northwest Territory.

Laura: Google.

Laura: No, what was it?

Laura: How did it go?

Laura: It was something like sad here.

Laura: Don't want to be.

Laura: Might as well be in this.

Ron: Could be Rotterdam.

Laura: No, it wasn't.

Ron: Might as well be.

Ron: Oh no, now it's on the tip of my brain.

Ron: It might as well be stuck inside a mobile with the Memphis Blues again.

Laura: Don't think so.

Laura: I think it begins with a.

Laura: Oh God, this song is just.

Ron: Google's coming up with this must be the place by Talking heads, which it's not.

Ron: That is a great song, though.

Laura: I'm going to message the siblings and ask you talk about Arcane?

Ron: No, because we haven't yet recapped.

Laura: Oh, have we not?

Ron: Because you never engaged with me while I was trying to talk about it.

Ron: There's a guy works down the chip shops.

Laura: We're going to have to try and stop thinking about it, Ron.

Ron: But my brain's itchy.

Laura: Yeah, mine too.

Laura: It's like something about Alaska or.

Laura: Right.

Laura: We're going to just pause the recording because we're nine minutes in.

Laura: No, it's not.

Laura: Come yet, Rob.

Ron: No.

Laura: Oh, God.

Laura: This might be the most frustrated I've ever been in my life.

Ron: You're sick.

Laura: How can we think about Alkanes when this song is hanging over us?

Ron: Right.

Ron: Luckily we're not doing Alkanes today.

Laura: How am I going to live the rest of my life?

Ron: The sisters will know.

Laura: Okay.

Laura: Yeah, older sister will know.

Ron: Yeah.

Laura: We should ask them if we can just use their names.

Laura: It's really complicated trying to remember not.

Ron: To say, oh, I quite like having all these different people around.

Laura: Oh, I don't mind.

Laura: Most of them.

Laura: And I'd never say, like, nephews and.

Ron: Yeah, not Bill and George.

Laura: No, not Crod hype and Monglong.

Ron: Don't say Monglong.

Ron: That sounds bad, doesn't it?

Laura: It does sound bad, but it isn't.

Ron: All right.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: Let's start making up new.

Laura: Slur.

Laura: Is it.

Ron: Right?

Ron: Okay, so we're doing Alkanes previously.

Ron: Laura.

Laura: Albuquerque.

Laura: No, it's not Albuquerque.

Laura: Yes, we were doing Alkanes previously.

Ron: Give me a brief rundown of.

Laura: Oh, Ron, you know I can't, especially not now.

Laura: My eye twitch is back.

Laura: It's like that muscle knows what the song is.

Laura: It's going pick me, put me in coach.

Laura: Let me tell you.

Laura: I'll tell you.

Laura: I'm off me.

Ron: It's a happy turkey day.

Laura: Pick me, song problems will go away.

Laura: Alkanes are hydrated carbon.

Laura: Carbon.

Ron: F*** you.

Ron: Now you might be a monglong.

Laura: They're hydrated carbons and they come in different lengths.

Laura: And sometimes they go around corners and depending on how long the chain is, is a different thing.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: They have different names because they're different molecules if they're different lengths.

Ron: And do you remember we talked about the difference between saturated and unsaturated ones?

Ron: Run me through that.

Laura: Some of them have all of their bonds full of hydrogens and some of them have to have double bonds with other carbons.

Ron: Yes.

Laura: In order to be bond bonds, because.

Ron: All carbons have to make four bonds.

Ron: Now, Laura, the different lengths of alkane, are they all the same or are they different?

Laura: They're all different.

Ron: Okay, give me the trends.

Laura: Flare suede.

Ron: We gotta crack on.

Ron: Remember when Aztec patterns were big?

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: In Norway.

Laura: It was very neutral palette in all the shops at the moment.

Laura: So very pastels for the winter this year.

Ron: That's nice.

Ron: Though sometimes if you're, like, watching, come dine with me.

Ron: And then you see these very naughty, really bright feature walls and stuff.

Ron: It's quite intense.

Ron: So as the alkanes get longer, Laura, what happens?

Laura: They get heavier.

Ron: Yep.

Ron: Keep going.

Laura: Less flammable.

Ron: Yep.

Ron: So what's the lightest one?

Laura: Gas.

Ron: Yep.

Ron: Which gas?

Laura: Propane.

Ron: Me.

Laura: Ron.

Ron: Methane.

Laura: Methane.

Ron: No, not propane.

Ron: Methane.

Ron: Ethane, propane, butane, pentane.

Laura: I don't have to know what order.

Ron: They go in, but it's quite easy to know that.

Ron: And you should know.

Laura: Methane.

Laura: Methane.

Ron: Methane, skethane, methane, ethane, propane, butane, pentane, hexane, heptane, octane.

Laura: Octane.

Ron: Nona.

Ron: Decane.

Laura: Nona is a dumb a** name.

Laura: Nona, grow up.

Ron: Name some of the different uses of these things.

Laura: Why?

Ron: We've done good.

Ron: But again, Laura, I must remind you that we're building on previous knowledge, and I cannot rely on you to have remembered this from last time.

Laura: What did you ask?

Ron: Like, talk me through some of the uses as they get bigger.

Laura: Lubricants.

Ron: As they get bigger.

Ron: So they start off as gas, which is used for flammable.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: And then liquids, which are put in cars and stuff.

Ron: Yeah, like petrol and diesel.

Laura: But you said that they were gases when they were used.

Ron: Everything's a gas when it burns.

Ron: Why is that what you've held on to?

Ron: Why it's vaporized before it's burnt?

Ron: Yes.

Laura: Okay, you're being rude.

Ron: Really?

Laura: Can't believe you're mad at me for remembering.

Laura: Really?

Ron: Cross.

Ron: That's what you remembered.

Ron: It's like watching Qi and only remembering the clax when Alan Davis dies.

Ron: You'd be a good replacement for him on there.

Laura: Well, they could just put me on it bloody now, actually, if they were reasonable people.

Ron: But only one woman is allowed on QI at a time.

Ron: And Sandy, toxic is in every episode, so.

Laura: Yeah, it's really unfair.

Ron: Some of the regulars they have on there, and I'm sorry for saying this, but some of the regulars they have are duds.

Laura: I agree, Ron.

Ron: They could get better.

Laura: Yeah, they could be me.

Laura: God d*** it.

Laura: Google songs about places beginning with a.

Laura: See if it begins with a.

Ron: Who'S one.

Laura: I gotta remember what this song is, Ron, otherwise I'm gonna die.

Ron: Songs about places beginning with a.

Laura: Um.

Ron: No, this can't be the episode.

Laura: They're lubricants as well.

Laura: When they get heavier.

Ron: Now, which ones of these do you think we use the most of as a society?

Laura: Flammable petrol, diesel energy sources.

Ron: Which are the smaller ones, smallest ones.

Laura: Yeah.

Ron: So we have a process to break down the big ones into smaller ones.

Laura: Fractional distillation.

Ron: No, that's how you separate them.

Laura: Not how you separate them.

Ron: So this is called cracking.

Laura: Cracking.

Ron: Cracking alkanes.

Laura: Yeah, cracking alkane.

Ron: Two different ways we can crack an alkane.

Ron: Catalytic cracking, catalytic cracking and steam cracking.

Laura: Cracking and steam cracking.

Ron: Release the cracking.

Laura: Yeah.

Ron: All right.

Ron: Which one do you want to do first?

Laura: Steam cracking.

Ron: So, this is very simple.

Ron: You heat up the alkane to a very high temperature, over 850 degrees C.

Ron: Heat the alkane?

Laura: Yeah, 850 degrees C.

Laura: You have to get it, Harry.

Ron: Why do you have to get it so hot?

Laura: Give it lots of energy to break.

Ron: The bond, to turn the hydrocarbon into a gas and then you mix it with steam.

Laura: Stir it up.

Laura: Stir it up.

Ron: It also has to be done.

Laura: Hang on, hang on, hang on, hang on.

Ron: Under pressure.

Laura: I haven't finished the hydrocarbons into a gas.

Laura: Okay.

Laura: And then mix it with steam.

Laura: Let's add another color and mix and mix and mix with steam.

Laura: And do it David Bowie style.

Ron: Under pressure.

Ron: Yeah.

Laura: Did you like it?

Ron: It was good.

Ron: It was good.

Ron: You sounded like that song that went viral recently about sitting down.

Laura: I don't know what that was.

Ron: Ron, did you not see that?

Laura: No.

Ron: Sitting.

Ron: Sitting is the opposite of standing.

Ron: Sitting is the opposite of running around.

Ron: Sitting is a marvelous thing to do.

Ron: It was a nice song.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: So that's steam cracking.

Ron: Hot steam pressure.

Laura: Yes.

Ron: Okay.

Laura: Yes.

Laura: Hot steam pressure.

Ron: Catalytic cracking.

Ron: Uses aluminium oxide as a catalyst.

Ron: Again, hydrocarbons turned into a gas and then they put it over hot powdered aluminium oxide at a temperature of about 550 degrees C.

Ron: Much cooler.

Ron: Yes.

Laura: Oh, no.

Laura: The pastel orange gel pen is having a little strap.

Laura: Silly boy, silly boy, do your writing silly, silly, silly boy please do your writing.

Laura: Ron, I'm getting very excited about Christmas coming up.

Ron: Me too.

Laura: I've put my Advent calendar on my bedside table.

Laura: Ready?

Ron: Wow.

Laura: It's the most devastatingly luxurious thing I've ever bought myself.

Laura: That Advent calendar.

Ron: I don't believe that you like to lavish yourself with gifts.

Laura: Do you know how much I spent on my advent calendar?

Ron: 35 pounds?

Laura: More.

Ron: Jesus Christ.

Ron: Laura, how much did you spend on this Advent calendar?

Laura: 260.

Ron: F*** off.

Ron: Laura.

Ron: Laura, you have to cut this out of the podcast.

Ron: The fans can't know that.

Ron: There'll be walkouts.

Ron: What is in it?

Ron: I hope there's money in it.

Ron: What the f***, man?

Laura: I wanted it and I love it.

Ron: What's special about it?

Laura: It's from Harrods.

Ron: Laura, no, you can't do that, man.

Laura: Why?

Ron: That's insane.

Laura: We're not going to survive to pensionhood.

Laura: I might as well have nice things now.

Ron: That's insane.

Laura: Yeah, but I'm so happy.

Laura: Ron.

Ron: Does Tom know this?

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: He said, well done, baby.

Laura: I'm proud of you.

Laura: You should treat yourself.

Laura: You work hard.

Ron: No, he didn't.

Laura: Yeah, he did.

Laura: Ask him.

Laura: Tom loves it when I spend money.

Laura: I'm so naturally frugal.

Ron: Only because that justifies him spending money.

Laura: I'm going to get him a beer.

Laura: Advent calendar.

Ron: Wow.

Laura: I'm going to have so many face creams.

Laura: Run.

Ron: It's full of face cream.

Laura: Yeah.

Ron: F****** h***.

Laura: Yeah.

Ron: God, I thought I wasted my money.

Laura: Yeah, you spend yours on beer and music and I spend mine on face creams.

Ron: Seasonal face cream.

Laura: I love it.

Laura: You wake up every day and there's a present for you for a month.

Ron: Weird, eh?

Laura: It's great.

Ron: So there are slightly different products to these two ways of cracking.

Ron: Okay.

Laura: Yes.

Laura: There's so much other fun stuff to talk about today.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: I'm tired.

Laura: You look tired.

Ron: I am tired.

Laura: You're going to go back to work after this?

Ron: No, there's nothing I can really do to help, to be honest.

Ron: It's just gonna make me not finish burning down.

Laura: You shouldn't have become a fireman if you didn't want to put fires out.

Laura: Ron.

Laura: What are you going to do tonight, Ron?

Ron: Going mini golf thing.

Laura: You're going to mini golf?

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: Can't believe you're wasting your money on mini golf.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: It's 350 quid for the evening.

Ron: Have to go there.

Laura: Present every day.

Laura: That's pretty good value, mate.

Ron: This is f****** insane.

Ron: Lauren.

Laura: I told you, it's the most luxuriously decadent thing I've ever done.

Ron: Yeah, I believe you now.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: It's a wild decision to make just after you've had a child.

Laura: I might not be in my right mind.

Laura: You're right.

Laura: You just looked at your phone and now you look even sadder than before.

Ron: No, that was actually about the stag do.

Ron: No, someone just messaged and was like, one of the people coming doesn't drink.

Ron: Should we not go to a brewery as part of the activities?

Ron: Because we should do something more inclusive.

Ron: But I need to message back with, literally, so much of this is about drinking so stag, dude.

Ron: I'm not sure he'd probably enjoy that bit more than a lot of the other activities that we've got planned.

Laura: Ron, you're not being very.

Ron: No, no.

Laura: That's okay then.

Laura: As long as you know.

Ron: Yeah.

Laura: What if we don't remember what the song is and then there's no closure to the episode.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: Because our siblings are avoiding us.

Laura: I think the older sibling actually keeps that group on mute.

Ron: I wouldn't be surprised.

Ron: She's very unsociable.

Laura: Yeah.

Ron: She doesn't have that clawing need that we have.

Ron: Why do you look so confused again?

Ron: You think you better song.

Laura: You know when you're using your Mac and it knows if you've got, like, chrome open on your phone, it comes up on the bottom and says, chrome is open, but it's on your phone?

Ron: No.

Laura: Oh, well, it does.

Laura: And that just happened even though my phone was just in my pocket.

Laura: Being well behaved and child of the podcast is up to something on the iPod I charged for her this morning.

Ron: She's got an iPod.

Laura: I found it in my drawer and I've charged it so that she can listen to music.

Ron: Cute.

Laura: Anyway, yeah.

Ron: So there's different products to those two methods of cracking, but they fall.

Laura: Oh, yeah, cracking.

Ron: They fall into the same sort of pattern, though.

Ron: So could you, Laura, draw on your paper an alkane?

Ron: Let's say it's eight Carbons long.

Laura: 123456.

Laura: Anchored down in Anchorage.

Laura: Oh, Anchor.

Laura: That's the song.

Ron: How did you think of that?

Laura: I don't know.

Laura: It just popped up.

Laura: It just floated to the top suddenly.

Laura: Anchored down in Anchorage.

Ron: Oh, Anchorage by Michelle shocked.

Ron: Michelle shocked.

Ron: Get f*****.

Laura: That's the song.

Laura: Oh, I'm so happy.

Laura: Oh, Anchorage.

Laura: Anchor down in Anchorage.

Laura: Beautiful.

Ron: I can't find this song online.

Laura: Anchored down in Anchorage.

Laura: Yeah, I think it's called Anchorage.

Ron: Yeah, it's on Spotify.

Ron: There we go.

Laura: Alcanege.

Laura: Anchored down in Alcanage.

Ron: That's nothing.

Laura: Alkane down in Anchorage.

Ron: That's better.

Laura: Okay, thank you.

Laura: I've drawn it, by the way, Ron.

Laura: That is drawn.

Ron: All right, now split it in half.

Laura: Split it in half.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: As if we were cracking it.

Laura: 1234.

Laura: Okay, I'm going to get a big red line.

Laura: Yeah, I've drawn a crack down the middle.

Laura: D*** it.

Laura: Somebody's just said on the discord that they agree with you.

Laura: So Halloween episode one went out today, and the discord are now saying that they agree with you, that it's weird that I only care about the truth behind the myth and not the myth itself.

Ron: Yeah, they had to side with me once in 75 episodes.

Laura: Well, you needed to be right once in 75 episodes.

Laura: Oh, boy.

Laura: Guess who's in Anchorage now, b****.

Ron: Wow.

Laura: Okay, I've cracked my alkane.

Ron: Okay, what have you made?

Laura: Two new alkanes.

Ron: But are those correct?

Laura: No, because the last carbon on the end now doesn't have a bond.

Ron: Exactly.

Ron: So what happens is one of them forms what's called an Alkene, which is.

Laura: Where the car more eager to do the work.

Ron: Well, yes, it forms a double bond.

Ron: The two carbons form a double bond together.

Ron: So draw that out, please.

Laura: What?

Ron: Two of the carbons form a double bond with each other.

Laura: Oh, I understand.

Laura: So, HCC, my playmate.

Laura: I cannot play with you.

Laura: My sister's got the flu.

Laura: Chickenpox and measles too.

Laura: Okay, done it.

Ron: Cool.

Ron: So you see how one.

Ron: And you've moved one of the hydrogens over to the other one.

Ron: So it's a completed alkane.

Ron: So you get one Alkane and one Alkyne.

Ron: You should have one alkane and one Alkene.

Laura: Why wouldn't they both be the same?

Ron: Because then you've lost a well.

Laura: How?

Ron: Because that's just numbers.

Laura: Why wouldn't I just have nine hydrogens on each side?

Ron: I can't see what you've drawn.

Laura: That's the problem with you not living in Brighton.

Ron: Move it down and to the right.

Laura: Well, because you've done it in an orange pen that you can't see.

Ron: You've got a carbon there with five bonds coming out of it.

Laura: Oh, yeah, Ron.

Ron: So one of those hydrogens goes over to the other side, to the Alkane.

Laura: Oh, so one of the carbons in the middle doesn't have a hydrogen anymore.

Ron: It would have one hydrogen.

Laura: Yeah, but now it's a funny looking little beastie, isn't it?

Laura: I understand you now, Ron.

Laura: I didn't notice that.

Laura: I'm sorry.

Laura: A dereliction of duty on my part.

Laura: Won't happen again.

Ron: That's okay.

Ron: You've been surprisingly lucid, almost constantly.

Laura: I had Rocky Road after the swimming at the swimming pool, and it was full of marshmallows.

Ron: No, you've been very lucid this episode, so I forgive you that one.

Laura: Let me elucidate you for a while.

Laura: Alky Abraham delaced it.

Laura: I'm so happy I've remembered that song.

Ron: God, which one of those?

Ron: Actually.

Ron: So, like I was saying, the products of the cracking are different for each one.

Ron: Okay.

Laura: Okay.

Ron: So catalytic cracking, that will make hydrocarbons from C five to C eight, pentane to octane.

Ron: These are good fuels.

Laura: Okay, good fuel.

Ron: That's mainly what it makes the steam.

Ron: Cracking will make the smaller hydrocarbons like the smaller alkanes.

Ron: But then it will also make lots of small alkenes.

Laura: Okay.

Ron: Those are used to make polymers.

Laura: Hang on, hang on, hang on, hang on, hang on, hang on, hang on, hang on, hang on.

Laura: Lots of small alkene with the steam.

Laura: How are you spelling Alkene with a K or a C?

Ron: With a K, like Alkane.

Laura: I said spelling alkane with a C.

Ron: Oh, don't do that.

Ron: That's wrong.

Laura: Okay, maybe I didn't do it on other pages, though.

Ron: Alkane is A-L-K-A-N-E.

Ron: Alkane is A-L-K-E-N-E.

Laura: This isn't going to make you happy, Ron.

Laura: I've never written it down before.

Laura: Oh, no, I have.

Laura: I've always spelt it with a C.

Laura: Okay.

Laura: Smaller alkanes and lots of small alkenes.

Ron: Yes.

Laura: The small alkenes are Professor Al Keen Bean.

Laura: Do you remember him?

Ron: No.

Laura: Professor Keen Bean.

Laura: He's Professor Richie Rich.

Laura: He was the inventor in Richie Rich.

Ron: Oh, his name's keen Bean.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: Professor Keen Bean.

Ron: Wow.

Ron: Those are used to make polymers.

Laura: Suck in the cheeks.

Laura: Polymers.

Laura: They make polymers, yeah.

Ron: You remember what a polymer is?

Laura: Polymer.

Laura: What's happening?

Ron: I've turned around on my chair like a cool guy in a diner.

Laura: It's very noisy.

Ron: Shut up.

Laura: A polymer is a plastic.

Ron: Plastic is a polymer.

Ron: Often, yeah.

Laura: Plastic is a polymer.

Laura: Often.

Ron: A polymer is loud when I sit like this, isn't it?

Laura: Yeah, it is.

Laura: Oh, hang on.

Laura: Polymers and monomers.

Laura: Polymer and a monomer.

Laura: That was a thing.

Ron: I'm going to have to sit back round the other way.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: Can you just pretend that we're making an audio product that people can't listen to you clattering about?

Laura: Polymers are like big monomers, aren't they?

Laura: Multiple.

Ron: They're chains of things, aren't they?

Ron: We talked about them dozens of times.

Laura: I just don't think we've ever defined.

Ron: What they are, really.

Laura: Polymers are chains of things.

Ron: Chains of monomers, yeah.

Ron: Can you name some polymers that we've dealt with in the past?

Laura: Nylon.

Ron: Yeah.

Laura: Squid.

Ron: Why is that a joke?

Laura: It's not.

Laura: It's an answer to your question.

Ron: You think squids are polymers?

Laura: Yeah, probably.

Laura: They're made out of long things.

Laura: Yes.

Laura: Not all single celled organisms are.

Laura: They're ethane.

Laura: Methane.

Ron: Are those.

Laura: Yeah.

Ron: Why long?

Ron: They're not long, though, are they?

Laura: They're not just one.

Laura: Not molecules, though, are they?

Ron: They are molecules.

Ron: And also methane is only one carbon.

Ron: Long.

Laura: Okay.

Laura: Pentane.

Ron: Still not.

Ron: It's a hydrocarbon.

Ron: It's not really a polymer.

Laura: Why not?

Ron: Because it doesn't really have a repeating unit.

Laura: Has it got to have a repeating?

Ron: DNA is one.

Ron: Proteins are another.

Laura: DNA and proteins are examples.

Ron: They're polymers.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: Talked about them dozens of times.

Ron: Yeah.

Laura: Not today, though.

Ron: No, not today.

Laura: No, not today, though.

Ron: No.

Ron: Your object.

Ron: Permanence of concept, Anchorage.

Ron: So there's a few more things that we need to know, Laura, before we finish with the section here.

Ron: We're finished with 5.7.

Ron: We're currently doing 5.7.1 .4 cracking and alkenes.

Ron: And after this, we move on to 5.8.

Laura: Whoa.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: So we do need to bang through a bit of this.

Ron: So you might be wondering, Laura, if you had a bucket of hydrocarbons you might say to me, Ron, how would I know if there's any alkenes in these buckets?

Laura: Yeah.

Ron: Now, to work this out, we have to take advantage of a property difference between the Alkenes and the alkenes.

Laura: So the one with the double bond was an Alkene?

Ron: Yeah, because it's got two E's in it.

Ron: Like a double bond.

Ron: Because it's double E.

Ron: What?

Laura: Shut up.

Laura: Okay, so I've got a bucket of hydrocarbons.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: And you're probably thinking, how can I tell whether there's Alkanes in there if it's just alkanes?

Laura: That's all I want to know right now.

Laura: Am I going to get salmonella?

Ron: We take advantage of a property difference between the two.

Ron: Which one of those two do you think is going to be more reactive?

Laura: Alkane.

Ron: Why?

Laura: Because the double bond will be harder to break.

Laura: And everything in an alkane is a single bond.

Ron: It's actually completely wrong.

Ron: It's the Alkene because the sake.

Laura: Why?

Laura: That doesn't make any logical sense.

Ron: Well, the carbon doesn't really want to be forming the double bond.

Ron: So that double can split into a single, and then it has one free arm to grab something else.

Laura: Christ on a bike.

Laura: That's illogical of science.

Laura: No, it's not really, because this pen is broken.

Laura: It's the first death of a gel pen.

Ron: So much ink left in it.

Laura: No, but it's actually not.

Laura: Look, I'm going to show you.

Laura: Can you see?

Ron: Yeah.

Laura: It's not actually inky.

Laura: You can see the darker bit of ink right up the top, and then it's pale.

Laura: Okay, you're not even looking.

Ron: I don't care, Ron.

Laura: See, there's some ink there.

Laura: And then.

Laura: Look, that's all empty.

Ron: Okay.

Laura: That's a significant moment, the death of the first gel pen.

Ron: Is it?

Laura: Isn't it?

Ron: No, not to me.

Laura: Well, then we're in this podcast for very different reasons.

Ron: I never bonded with the gel pens.

Laura: You should have got your own gel pens, and then I think you'd feel a lot more chirpy about it.

Ron: But I don't write anything down on paper.

Laura: You should.

Laura: Well, you could use them to write down the answers that you're asking me to work out so that you can check them against my answer.

Ron: I don't have any paper on my desk.

Laura: Why?

Ron: Why would I have paper for making notes?

Ron: Why would I use paper for that?

Laura: Because it's rude to type when you're talking to someone.

Ron: Not if they can't tell.

Laura: We can always tell when you're typing.

Ron: That's not true.

Ron: That is so good at typing.

Laura: No, you're not.

Laura: You type all the time, and I just have to edit it out.

Ron: Bullshit.

Laura: Fine.

Laura: I'll start leaving it in.

Ron: You don't even.

Ron: And the listeners, you don't even know how much I'm typing.

Laura: You type all the f****** time.

Ron: I type more than that.

Ron: Don't even know, usually.

Ron: Actually, though, when I'm typing, I am signing back into my laptop.

Ron: Because we've had to drag you so long through a hedge of knowledge, my laptop has locked itself.

Laura: Well, I can't help that.

Ron: So, Laura, I never put the lock.

Laura: Thing back on my laptop after you took it off months ago.

Laura: If I lose it now, I'm f*****.

Ron: I can't change mine because it's a company laptop.

Ron: So for Infosec reasons, it's very short timer.

Ron: Now, Laura, as we were just discussing alkenes information security, alkenes are much more reactive than alkanes because that double bond splits, and one of them goes to grab something else.

Ron: So I know what you're thinking.

Ron: I want to know if there's double bonds or there's alkenes in this bucket of hydrocarbons.

Ron: And I also know the thing about you, Laura, is that you have an excess of bromine water hanging around in Your house.

Laura: Yeah.

Ron: Now, these two.

Laura: You want a guy that's masculine and nasty, come to my house.

Ron: Now, the lucky thing is I didn't get it.

Laura: Bromine.

Ron: I got the bro bit.

Ron: I did not get the name.

Laura: Look, have my bromine water.

Laura: That's what I call Carlsburg.

Ron: So bromine is obviously chlorine's big brother.

Laura: Oh, God.

Laura: This is like.

Laura: It was all going really well, and.

Ron: Now you should know what bromine is.

Ron: We've discussed it dozens of times.

Laura: Yeah, well, who cares, though?

Laura: Bromine water.

Laura: Yeah, got bromine.

Ron: Bromine is chlorine's big brother.

Ron: It forms water.

Ron: That is a stanky brown color.

Laura: Stanky brown.

Laura: Stanky, stanky brown.

Laura: Stanky brown.

Laura: Sounds like Rusty Sugar's best.

Ron: Got to write all of that.

Laura: I thought you were writing it last week.

Laura: No, you've only got two days, Ron.

Laura: Yeah, maybe midday on Thursday we record.

Laura: Maybe.

Ron: We won't do that as an episode.

Laura: We have to.

Ron: I don't promise.

Ron: Yeah, but Rusty Sugar was a one off bit in an episode.

Ron: That was ages ago.

Ron: I don't think any of the fans care for it.

Laura: I think the staleness of the promises, by the time they come to fruition is one of the qualities of the show.

Ron: But there was nothing stale about the eggathon.

Laura: The eggs.

Ron: I can't wait till Eggathon 2024.

Laura: I'm going to boil my eggs so much softer.

Ron: I might boil your eggs.

Ron: We should do it in person.

Ron: Yeah, and I'll do all the egg boiling.

Laura: Okay, I'm in.

Laura: Right.

Laura: Stanky bomb, bromine, water.

Ron: Stanky bomb.

Ron: Stanky bomb, bombing butter.

Ron: It's brown.

Ron: You mix it.

Ron: If there's Alkenes, the double bond breaks, and it grabs onto that bromine and it says, hey, buddy, come join our chain.

Laura: Keep us together.

Ron: Now that there's no bromine in the bromine water anymore, the brown goes away.

Ron: It goes clear.

Laura: Whoa.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: So how could you tell if there were Alkenes in a bucket of alkanes?

Laura: Laura put bromine water in.

Laura: Does it go clear?

Laura: There's Alkenes.

Ron: Great stuff.

Laura: My dinner's ready.

Ron: Says you should be able to balance chemical equations cracking.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: You'd be happy doing that.

Laura: Probs.

Ron: Let's find out in the quiz then.

Ron: If you're happy with that, then we're done.

Laura: Woohoo.

Laura: Mashed potato time.

Laura: I'm having mashed potatoes for my dinner.

Ron: I got that.

Laura: Okay.

Laura: Bye, Ron.

Ron: Bye.

Ron: What should we do for our 100 episode?

Laura: Let's record it on a trampoline.

Ron: Should we not try and get another high profile guest?

Laura: We could.

Laura: We did that for the year anniversary, though.

Laura: And you said that we weren't allowed to do numerical anniversaries and chronological anniversaries.

Ron: All right, so we'll do it for the two year anniversary then.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: We will get Professor Epidemius Einstein.

Ron: Right, so I'm not allowed to eat with my microphone off, but you're allowed to do Arts and crafts midair.

Laura: I got to send a parcel on vintage mate.

Ron: That's worse.

Ron: That's just admin.

Laura: Yeah, well, come on, quiz me, b******.

Laura: Let's crack some alkenes.

Laura: I'm keen to crack some cracking alkanes.

Ron: Next time we're just hanging out somewhere.

Ron: Lauren, want to watch TV?

Ron: Remind me that I need to get you to watch Nathan for you.

Laura: Okay.

Ron: It's a show I've been watching, and I think you'd absolutely love it.

Laura: Would I giggle?

Ron: I think it's that very, like, you know how Tom watched the Scott's Tots episode of the Office and couldn't handle it, but you and I think that's hilarious.

Ron: It's that kind of disgustingly uncomfortable of.

Ron: It's like Sasha Baron Cohen esque.

Ron: He interacts with real people, but he's only playing a character called Nathan Fielder, like the comedian that does it.

Ron: So it's not like he's.

Laura: What are you fiddling with?

Ron: PlayStation.

Laura: Can you stop?

Ron: Stop.

Laura: Now, don't you worry, because everything that you tap, a tapper on the table comes through your microphone.

Laura: That's better.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: He's not doing any sort of offensive characters, but he does speak to the members of public and it's so funny.

Ron: The main bulk of the series is him helping out small businesses, and he just pitches them crazy schemes and then does loads of legwork to make it work.

Ron: So there's one where he goes to a haunted house and then he's like, we're going to make this the scariest haunted house ever.

Ron: So someone comes in and then they convince them that they've contracted a deadly disease, and they get an ambulance to drive them to hospital and stuff.

Laura: Oh, God.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: Tom would hate that.

Ron: Well, there's another one where it's like a souvenir shop in LA.

Ron: So they trick people into coming in and buying stuff by pretending that it's a movie set and they're extras in a movie that are buying things.

Ron: Oh, it's so funny.

Ron: You'd really like it.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: I always really admire people that can do prank stuff like that.

Laura: My heart would be, like, beating in my teeth, like impractical jokers and stuff.

Laura: That's my nightmare, to have to interact with the public like that.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: It's honestly crazy how he does it.

Ron: He just has this knack for, A, finding really weird people, and B, just kind of letting them feel comfortable enough to show him how weird they are.

Ron: Yeah, it's really great television.

Laura: What's it on?

Ron: Amazon Prime.

Laura: All right, I can watch that.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: And then last year, he did a new series called the Rehearsal, which I'm just rewatching at this point.

Ron: And the premise of that is, like, he gets a guy who has a regret and then creates this simulation in real life where this guy can just practice undoing that regret over and over again until the social interaction goes perfectly.

Ron: So he hires actors and stuff to pretend to be the people that this guy's hanging around with, and then makes a huge flowchart of all of the outcomes.

Ron: And then they rehearse it.

Ron: It's honestly insane.

Ron: I think he might be a crazy person.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: Luckily there's TV, though, so he doesn't have to go to prison.

Ron: Yeah, lovely.

Ron: Right, Laura, what are the two types of cracking?

Laura: Steam and catalytic.

Ron: Yep.

Ron: That's tumox.

Ron: Ding, ding.

Laura: Ding.

Laura: Are you going to put the bings in?

Ron: No.

Ron: Props not.

Ron: Oh.

Ron: Surprise myself there did put the dings in.

Ron: You can if you want.

Laura: It's your episode.

Ron: Yeah, but I don't put sound effects in.

Laura: It's a shame.

Laura: I just edited one where I went very overboard.

Ron: Exactly.

Ron: So I need to counteract that nonsense.

Laura: But the dings, they're not like shock.

Ron: Sometimes I put them in.

Laura: We doing a Ron's thought this episode, or is that.

Ron: That happens in the Intros outro?

Laura: It doesn't, thOugh, does it?

Laura: Hasn't happened for months.

Ron: No, because I dropped it.

Laura: How's the official tweet for each episode going?

Ron: Dropped it?

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: Okay.

Ron: If I don't get the groundswell of support for something that I think it deserves, I'll drop it.

Laura: I think both things were popular.

Laura: In fact, one of them was asked for.

Laura: I don't know what more of a groundswell of support you can have than that.

Ron: Look, it's over.

Ron: Get over it.

Laura: Okay.

Laura: All right, moving on.

Laura: A wasp has come in.

Laura: It's gone again.

Ron: What are the products of catalytic cracking for?

Laura: I think your chair is getting noisier by the day.

Ron: That's not my chair.

Laura: Why is that, then?

Ron: I'm ticking around with a pen again.

Laura: Ah, catalytic cracking.

Laura: Oh, fuels.

Laura: Good fuels.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: And steam cracking.

Laura: Makes lots of smaller alkanes.

Ron: No, but what are they for?

Laura: Polymers.

Ron: Yes.

Ron: What's an Alkene?

Ron: Laura?

Laura: Alkene is where there's a double bond in what would have been an alkane, but it's broken a bit, and there's OD number of hydrogens, so you get a double carbon bond.

Ron: Very nice.

Ron: And finally, for 57 points, three marks.

Ron: Please describe how we test for Alkenes and why.

Ron: The test?

Laura: Yeah, you get the brown water, the skanky brown.

Laura: What was it called?

Laura: Stanky bucket.

Laura: Bromine water.

Ron: Brother mine.

Laura: Brother mine.

Ron: Holy water.

Laura: Holy water.

Laura: And then you put that on the Alkanes, and then if there's Alkenes, it'll go clear because they suck up the bromines.

Ron: How and why.

Laura: The bromine joins onto the Alkenes?

Laura: Maybe, I don't know.

Ron: Why.

Laura: Because the carbon doesn't want to have a double bond.

Laura: It would prefer to bond somewhere else.

Ron: Which makes it more reactive.

Ron: Yes.

Ron: There we go.

Ron: Three marks.

Laura: Laura absolutely smashed it.

Laura: Rockefeller.

Ron: Rockefeller.

Ron: That was weird.

Laura: Isn't it?

Ron: Smashing.

Ron: Well, that's the quiz, then, eh?

Laura: Oh, what a beautiful day.

Laura: Thanks, Ron.

Ron: No worries.

Ron: I'll see you in the outro.

Laura: Bye.

Laura: Well, there we go.

Laura: You had an episode.

Laura: We had a brief interlude of screaming from Childhood podcast.

Laura: I walked past the lounge and a woman was saying, we've never had it valued.

Laura: So I guess they've never had it.

Ron: No, no.

Ron: But thank God they can now in that stately lawn.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: I wonder where they are today.

Ron: There's someone that like hedges and February was all like Feebrew, Fiona Bruce.

Ron: She was like, these hedges are 14 meters tall.

Laura: 14 meters is high.

Ron: I'm not even exaggerating.

Ron: That's what she said today.

Ron: Yeah.

Laura: Where are they that's got 14 meters hedges?

Ron: Husk Vu.

Laura: Google this.

Laura: Google.

Ron: Where has Google Cloud Hedges?

Ron: U, as in like the U Tree.

Laura: Powis Castle.

Ron: I don't know.

Ron: You didn't Google what I told you.

Laura: Cloud hedges, you?

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: 14 meters.

Laura: Right.

Laura: This is worst results.

Laura: I think it's Powis Castle in Wales.

Ron: There you go.

Ron: It came right up.

Laura: Yeah, but it came up when I Googled what I wanted to Google.

Laura: No national Trust.

Laura: You can't have my Powers Castle.

Laura: I think there must be.

Laura: That is high.

Laura: Man, look at that guy just strimming a hedge.

Laura: Google Powers Castle.

Laura: The towering, you tomps and miles of box hedges are a famous site at Powis Castle.

Laura: From extreme gardening to a history of hedge trimming.

Laura: Learn more about our work keeping this beautiful landscape in shape.

Laura: Land shape.

Ron: Tumps.

Laura: Tumps is a good word, isn't it?

Laura: You tumped.

Laura: It takes one gardener about ten weeks on a hydraulic cherry picker to get it all done.

Ron: Get another f****** gardener.

Laura: Guys, we just cut them down.

Laura: What is the point?

Laura: Anyway, so there we go.

Laura: That's what's happening.

Laura: Antics road tonight.

Laura: Did you watch it?

Ron: Maybe?

Laura: You watched the tomps.

Ron: Maybe you did.

Laura: Did you?

Ron: Let us know, let us know, man.

Laura: Atlas education on socials.

Laura: Oh, my God, that episode.

Laura: I'm so happy I remembered Anchorage.

Laura: And just for the record, in case anyone's wondering, oldest sister of the podcast did text me later and did guess it right.

Ron: Oh, in one.

Laura: Yeah, no f**** from just the clues that I gave her at the point where I said I was texting.

Laura: So I think we can all applaud oldest sister of the podcast.

Laura: Did anybody listening?

Laura: Guess what it was.

Laura: You have lunch with her today.

Ron: Yeah, much to your chagrin.

Laura: I didn't say a f****** word about it today.

Ron: You did.

Laura: Mum did.

Ron: Yesterday you were sour.

Laura: I didn't say a word yesterday.

Laura: Mum was cross and Mum asked Sarah to tell her off about it.

Laura: I didn't say anything.

Ron: Your face said a thousand words, didn't and you didn't say?

Laura: I didn't say.

Laura: I said stuff last time you went for brunch with her.

Laura: I didn't say anything about this one.

Laura: If you're listening and if you're listening and you agree that I should be on QI, let the QI people know.

Laura: Don't let us know, because, f*** it, we already know.

Laura: Don't tag me and tell him I'll be great.

Laura: It.

Laura: Tell them loudly.

Laura: Also, please join the Patreon to help me fund my insane advent calendar habit roll.

Laura: Only two weeks until I can open it.

Ron: Less than that now.

Laura: Shall I text you every morning with a photo of what's in it?

Ron: Sure.

Laura: And the market value of what that is so we can see if I made my 260 pounds back.

Ron: You won't have that.

Laura: I will have one.

Ron: No, you won't.

Laura: Yeah, because I reckon half of what they put in there, they get given for free.

Ron: Why?

Laura: Because it's advertising for the people and their brands.

Ron: Oh, I thought it was one brand.

Laura: No.

Ron: Okay.

Ron: Bad.

Laura: If anyone wants to come to the funeral for a gel burn, let me know.

Laura: Ron wants to do the register.

Ron: I think Ron's time for the register.

Ron: Thank you, Andrew Blackburn, who is crothype, whatever or whoever that might be?

Ron: Perhaps some sort of German feeling of merriment at the weather.

Ron: Or perhaps it's the Old English word for the hair on the back of a horse's fetlock.

Ron: It's open to interpretation.

Laura: And thank you, Oregon.

Laura: That's a Q or a kin or a Quinn.

Laura: Cordal or Quinn.

Laura: Our mum pronounces quirdle cordal, and it makes my teeth vibrate with annoyance.

Laura: Oraquin.

Laura: Oraquin is monglong.

Laura: Sorry for saying this.

Laura: Probably would be able to get away with that these days with all these woke m************ around kicking free speech in the p****.

Laura: Can't say anything or do Christmas ever.

Laura: Now everyone has to be miserable and eat lentils.

Laura: Now, idiots, stop the boats.

Ron: And finally, thank you to Charles Perry, world's leading bayou geographer, chiefly in charge of knowing what they are.

Laura: I love that you said Bayou, but you've written Bayer, like the tapestry.

Ron: I thought that's how you wrote Bayou.

Laura: No, I think Bayou is like B-A-Y-O-U-I.

Ron: Know jack s*** about Bayou.

Laura: You know nothing.

Laura: Why would you set your story somewhere you don't even know what it is?

Laura: Next story you write needs to be on a prairie.

Ron: Yeah, but yours was all about science.

Ron: You don't know anything about that.

Laura: Mine was all about police detectives.

Ron: Yeah, and Seth Rogen.

Ron: Anyway, that's.

Ron: We're talking about the Rusty Sugar episode on the Patreon.

Laura: Listen to.

Laura: Because some people have described it as excellent and others as a fever dream.

Laura: What the h*** did I just listen to?

Ron: Mike listened to it twice in a day.

Laura: You.

Ron: Mike, Mike, Mike, Mike.

Ron: Yeah, lovely Mike.

Laura: Some people listened to it and then went and watched it so that they could watch Ron eat all of the sweet and sour.

Laura: I just think if you're still listening to this podcast at this bit, you're, like, rinsing every little bit of Lexx education off the spoon.

Laura: Just spend three pounds a month on the Patreon, you dweeb.

Laura: You'll get two extra episodes.

Ron: Yeah, and we only need, like, some more.

Ron: And then it'll be four extra episodes.

Laura: Yeah.

Ron: Probably, like another 144, something like that.

Laura: I don't even know.

Ron: I reckon that's probably where we'll shoot, right?

Laura: I don't know, Ron.

Laura: I want to be really rich.

Ron: Yeah, well, we should have f****** charged more for it, but we're basically giving it away.

Laura: Yeah, we are.

Laura: Because after Patreon's cut, I think we both get one pound 20 each off each person.

Ron: You can't buy jack s*** like, guys.

Ron: Honestly.

Ron: Our Patreon costs about as much as a bag of lime and coriander sensations.

Ron: Pop it on.

Laura: They are really.

Ron: They are really good.

Ron: If you can afford two of those a month, put one of them down, buy one, and then buy us.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: We're such nice people, and we're really down on our luck.

Ron: You can't pull that off in the same episode that you are talking about your advent calendar.

Laura: We're financially comfortable with self esteem low.

Laura: Okay?

Laura: And you can convert easy dollars into our self esteem.

Ron: We're financially comfortable.

Ron: We wouldn't expect you to sign up if you weren't.

Ron: And we spent a lot of f****** time on this.

Laura: Loads of time.

Ron: Why are we.

Ron: Let's end this episode.

Laura: Yeah.

Ron: This is cloring Becky.

Ron: Ad yet?

Ron: Class dismissed.

Laura: Test.

Laura: Can we test, test, test?

Laura: Can we test it, too?

Laura: On fro.

Ron: Can we test, test, test?

Ron: Can we test the microphone?

No comments:

Post a Comment