Lexx Education - Episode Index

Episode 1 - Biology - A Lego Brick Full of Meccano                          Introduction to cells. Episode 2 - Chemistry - Bob Marley and th...

Tuesday 27 August 2024

Walked At Dogspeed

 Walked At Dogspeed

Ron has spent two years trying to learn GCSE science with Laura Lex

Laura: Hello and welcome to another episode of Lex, the comedy science podcast, where comedian me, Laura Lex has spent the last two and a bit years trying to learn GCSE science with her. Huh? Non comedian, normal, nerdy brother.

Ron: Ronnie, it's me, Ron.

Laura: Do you remember when you were nerdy, Ron?

Ron: Yeah, I was never that nerdy.

Laura: And then you went normal.

Ron: Yeah.

Laura: And now you're just Ron, really?

Ron: Always brother. Um, like you say, Laura, it's been almost two years of learning.

Laura: It's been, it's been over two years. Over two years, yeah.

Ron: And, uh, it's an exciting week for you.

This is our group revision episode. So it's a group provision episode

Laura: Yes. So the episode you're about to listen to is our group revision episode. We commandeered younger sister of the podcast to come and do.

Ron: Hey, Meg.

Laura: Uh, hey, Meg.

Ron: She's a listener.

Laura: She just said she didn't want to listen to this one, though. She doesn't like her own voice.

Ron: Oh, it's a nice one, though. Meg, come back.

Laura: Meg.

Ron: Meg.

Laura: Meg.

Ron: Meg.

Laura: Meg. Everybody just gets on social media of choice.

Ron: Everyone, I'm gonna count to three. And then everyone shout, Meg. And then you'll be on the tube or walking in a field or something. And then someone near you say, Meg.

Laura: Imagine, though, if she's working in a little cafe in the highlands and somebody just with their headphones and pootling on their laptop suddenly shouts, Mega.

Ron: One, two, three. Meg.

Laura: And people will be listening to this in catch up. So what I hope is for the rest of forever now, there's just, you know, um, people wandering around saying, meg.

Ron: Meg around the world.

Laura: Yeah, um, Meg corns. Um. Go to sleep, child. Uh, um. What was I going to say? Yes. So it's a group provision episode. This time we did a mock combined science exam.

Ron: Outside.

Laura: Outside.

Ron: It was nice.

Laura: In the garden of parents of the podcast's house. It was a lovely week we had. You were only there for a day of it, really. But then me and younger sister of the podcast had a nice week. We had a lovely time. This is. What's the matter?

Ron: It still smells like yoghurt over here.

Laura: There's probably yoghurt everywhere on the house is festering bombsite.

Ron: Um, I wasn't commenting.

Laura: It might be the fruit bowl behind you. What's rotting in there?

Ron: No, it smells like yoghurt. Don't worry about it.

Laura: I mopped the floor and cleaned the table.

Ron: Don't worry about that.

Laura: Well, you can't just sit there publicly announcing to everybody in the world that my house smells like yoghurt.

Ron: I've not said it smells like a russian asshole. I just said it smells a bit like yoghurt.

Laura: Yeah. And I want to think why?

Ron: But not like a. Not like a natural yoghurt that does rot. Like. Like a fromage frais. Just smells sweet and strawberry ish, but with that yogurty taste.

Laura: Thing is, though, fromage frais. That's not yoghurt, is it? It's cheese. No, uh, fromage fresh cheese. Um, fromage frais. It's cheese. It's not yoghurt.

Ron: Oh, then, I mean putty for Lou. Yeah, I mean, what is fromage fr.

Laura: Yeah, that's. I means, I think it's cheese.

Ron: Ron, what is it?

Laura: Like a cheese.

Ron: But it is like a yoghurt, right?

Laura: Yeah, but it's like a cheese yoghurt.

Ron: But doesn't fray mean strawberry?

Laura: I thought it meant fresh. Frizz is strawberry with an e on the end. It's good.

Ron: What is franch? It's a cream.

Laura: It's cheese. Yeah.

Ron: So you're eating a tub of cheese?

Laura: Yeah, strawberry cheese.

Ron: Then why do people call it yoghurt?

Laura: Because I guess it's got a yoghurty consistency.

Ron: Wow.

Laura: But it's right there in the title. Fromage. They're not hiding it. It's the first word.

Ron: Yeah, but you know, like, cottage cheese isn't a cottage.

The next six episodes of Lex Education are exam season

Laura: True, but cheese fresh is a cheese. Anyway, um, what's Winnie the Pooh's favourite cheese? Um, camembert.

Ron: Yeah.

Laura: Yeah. Okay, cool. Um, anyway, so this is quite a nice episode. It's got lovely vibes. Enjoy it. Bathe in the warm waters of this loveliness. Because the next six episodes is exam season.

Ron: Maybe next 15.

Laura: Yes.

Ron: We've got decisions.

Laura: Certainly six. Then we're going to do the results of those six. We'll see how many episodes that takes and then probably higher tier papers. But Ron and I are on day three of recording these exams. Ron's staying here. Same room episode,

00:05:00

Laura: same room episode, same garden episode for the main bit. Same room episode for this bit. Um, and so we decided just every evening we would do one of the exams. So we've done biology and chemistry. Tonight it's physics.

Ron: The timeline of this podcast is about to become more insane, I think, than it's ever been. Because if I'm getting you right, what you want to do is like, first half of the biology one, then first half.

Laura: No, no, no. I think they have to go. Yeah, I think that would be. We can't plat the episodes.

Ron: Okay.

Laura: No, no. It'll be two biology, two chemistry, two physics results. One or two episodes. I think we can do it in an awana then. Higher tier. Yeah, yeah. Anyway, so enjoy some practising here. It's me versus younger sister of the podcast in a lovely garden setting. Always do that. Or is this a like, slight nerves about it, but weird, really. It's so hot. I don't know how you stand in front of a four. Geordie.

Meg: I don't want to play this game anymore, Meg. It's been less than 24 hours and I'm done with her.

Laura: I said one thing. Fran said you look like a small sleeping boy. Yeah.

Meg: Ah, but he's made that joke before, so it's lost his impact.

Laura: I also said I liked it.

Meg: And then I also with it, got a pair of socks, um, that are like a really similar colour and they've got little stegosauruses on them. So the first time I wore it, I had those on as well. Had matching socks.

Ron: Oh my God.

Meg: I write in the sun and it's warm.

Laura: Did you do your test leaning back or sitting forward?

Meg: I don't know.

Laura: I think you were sat further forward. Yeah. Can you try and stay forward? We've got to be perfect.

Meg: I'll just mimic your existential crisis pose.

Laura: Oh, uh, because I know I'm about to get shot shunted in the bunted and I don't want that to happen.

Ron: Shunted in the bunted.

Meg: So I don't, um, answer unless Laura gets it wrong. Is that what we're doing?

Ron: No, I think you're both gonna write down.

Laura: Are we recording? Is this.

Ron: Yeah, yeah, we've all been recording for a while.

Laura: Okay. Hello and welcome to another classic episode of Lex Education. I suppose we'll do an intro outro to this, will we?

Ron: Yeah. When's this going out? A couple of weeks time. This is going out post bean.

Laura: Yeah, yeah, I need to edit bean. Yeah, that needs quite a Friday.

Ron: No beans, a normal episode.

Laura: Oh, yeah. Um, we need to record for this Friday. We're doing that Wednesday.

Ron: Yeah, yeah, no, no, not Wednesday.

Laura: Yeah, Wednesday morning we've got a recording.

Ron: Okay. Yeah, Wednesday mornings.

Ron welcomes Meg, younger sister of the podcast Wee Meggy Winky

All right. Okay, guys, so. Mhm.

Laura: Well, we should introduce Meg, younger sister.

Ron: Of the podcast Wee Meggy Winky. Welcome to the pod. How are you, Ginny?

Meg: Is this just gonna be an hour? If you guys bullying me, yes. Excellent.

Laura: Meg, you're a huge fan of the podcast.

Meg: I'm a huge fan of the podcast. I listen to it when I'm homesick because it's just YouTube chatting shit.

Laura: Yeah, that's the vibe we want isn't it, Ron?

Ron: Yeah. Hopefully other people also feel better. Not just that is blood related to you.

Laura: Yeah. Otherwise we really need to be hitting up the cousins. Make sure they, um.

Ron: When you're a kid and sometimes you like, put on a play for the adults, it's the modern version of that. Like kids making podcasts for them.

Meg: Definitely. Sometimes Ollie walks in when I'm listening to it and I'm cooking or something, and he thinks I'm on the phone.

Laura: And I'm like, oh, sorry.

Meg: And I'm like, no, this is just them. Um, this is what they can't tell.

Laura: From all of the rad science content that it's the podcast.

Meg: Yes.

Laura: That is a loud aeroplane.

Ron: It is.

Laura: So we're outside.

Ron: Yeah. I saw something moving over there and I was like, what is that? And there's like two flies flying over a toad.

Laura: No, that's a good frog.

Ron: Again.

Laura: Um, where is that frog?

Meg: I am, uh, not acclimatised to Somerset anymore, guys.

Ron: So, yeah, a big, big, uh, Lex education. Welcome to younger sister of the podcast.

Meg: Are you going to tell me that throughout?

Ron: Yeah, um, Meg, uh, Meg runs a cafe.

Laura: Yeah, if you find yourself in the. I mean, I'd say Inverness, but man, it's wilder than Inverness.

Meg: 40 miles from Inverness.

Laura: You live so nowhere.

Meg: Uh, I live at a road end. There's nothing past my village but mountains.

Laura: It's choices then. Go to this cafe. Do you want to give the cafe a shout out, mate?

Meg: Yeah, it's called the coach house cafe in Tomich.

Laura: Maybe we should make it a Lex education themed cafe. Should we give you some signed Lex education merch, Meg?

Meg: Absolutely.

Ron: You could have a tea towel when those get made.

Meg: Yeah, yeah. And you bearing in mind that I close at the end of October, so.

Laura: But that would help you keep it open, I think, all

00:10:00

Laura: year round.

Meg: Yes.

Laura: All of it was a hotspot for Lex education fans to pilgrimage to.

Ron: And if you sign up ten pounds tier on the Patreon.

Laura: We don't have a ten pounds tier.

Ron: Yeah, but we'll make one, uh, tia on the Patreon. Free tea.

Laura: One cup of free tea at Meg's cafe.

Ron: Rev. Share with Meg. These are the cause.

Laura: Then if you went off and did, you could binge listen to us. You know, go to the cafe, get a hat. Off you go. Twelve days straight listening to this. Something just fell off my arm. What was that?

Ron: Is that chocolate?

Laura: No, I think it's rubble. It's rubble. Is that fall out of the sky? Was that stuck to me? I got a wash man.

Ron: So.

Laura: It's so hot. I've got so much under tits. Wet. I hate under tit sweat. The only good thing about bras.

Laura and Meg are doing group revision session on GCSEs

Ron: So, Laura, what are we doing today?

Laura: Uh, I don't know. You're the king.

Ron: It's a revision session.

Laura: It's a revision session.

Ron: Finished GC revision.

Laura: I think I need to my boobs on the table to stop them sweating.

Meg: Ah, there we go.

Laura: Okay, um, now my tummy's sticking out, but nobody look, come on, my tummy is wet.

Ron: Pull that up.

Laura: He's talking about a wrapper now. Not my tits anymore.

Ron: Yeah, we're doing a group revision session and, um, we thought, ah, as we were in sunny, ah, Summerset, we'd, um, we'd bring wee Maggie winky in as a kind of, as a kind of, uh, baseline as which we will compare Laura to.

Laura: Yeah, Meg's gonna.

Ron: What were you good at at school?

Meg: Uh, to be fair, I did get A's in science for my GCSE's.

Laura: Nice.

Meg: Yeah, but that was a long time ago.

Ron: Yeah, not as long ago as it was for Laura. She's pushing through.

Meg: That is true. I have for a long time been debating creating my own podcast that is like a goggle box for Lexin education and just record myself listening to you two and telling Laura she's an idiot and getting the answer five minutes before her.

Laura: So you could have a lot of the lab rats on as guests, mate.

Ron: Yeah, that would be fun for you.

Meg: It would be fun for me.

Everyone's going to write down their answer and then we compare

Ron: Okay, so what we're going to do a past paper and everyone's going to write down their answer and then we're going to compare answers and, uh, take.

Meg: In the hay fever.

Ron: Hopefully, um, hopefully there'll be some mirth to be had during that as a process. The first one, unfortunately. Um, um, figure one. So everyone take a look at this. Figure one shows part of the water cycle. Meg, talk us through the diagram.

Meg: Okay, so it's got boxes, it says cloud at the top, and then there's an arrow that points, my eyes are really itchy. Points around that says ocean. And then Ron's laptop has done its thing. Okay, so we've got cloud at the top and then it goes around to ocean. And then that goes round to water vapour. And then that goes round to cloud.

Ron: Yes. Name the processes in a, b and c so that a connects cloud and ocean, b connects ocean and water vapour, c connects water vapour and cloud. Let's go, people. Write down your answer.

Laura: A, b and c. Wait, wait, wait, I didn't listen.

Ron: A, b and, um, c. Yeah.

Laura: And what am m I doing?

Ron: A is between cloud and ocean, b.

Laura: Is between it's rain process. Or would that be like condensation?

Ron: You need to write this down and then we compare. I should probably get up the mark scheme.

Meg: Not right now, because I'm looking at the, um, figure. I'm looking at figure one.

Ron: A is between cloud and ocean, b is between ocean and water vapour, c is between water vapour and cloud. What more info do you need?

Meg: It's just my brain doesn't retain images.

Laura: Me neither.

Meg: Meg, I think I have that thing where you can plantations. Yeah, that one. Oh, it was my tussle.

Laura: That is dangerous. Mega. If that gets caught in the fire, you're gonna die.

Meg: I hate you.

Ron: This can't be the right mark scheme. And since the answer to this question.

Meg: Is nine, so it doesn't seem right.

Laura: Um, scribbles out answers. Right, nine. I wish you prepped this sort of stuff before the episode starts.

Meg: He sat, uh, there this morning while we were drinking tea. Prepping it.

Laura: Laura, he hasn't prepped it because we're going through this now.

Meg: You shut the fuck up.

Laura: I'm gonna go and do a wee pit medicine.

Ron: I found it, guys. Worst podcast guests. Get me Meg, get me some kind of snack.

Meg: Try again, please.

Ron: Hey, Mackie.

00:15:00

Ron: So the record's going really well, then they left. Do you want to come do this question, see if you can get it real quick? Yeah.

You have to name the processes. From ocean to water vaporisation

All right, so this is part of. This is the water cycle. You have to name the processes.

Laura: Tom's here.

Ron: B and C. Yeah, the processes. So, uh, a connects cloud and ocean. Yeah. B connects ocean and water vapour, c connects water vapour and cloud. Laura, have you written down all your answers?

Laura: Yeah.

Ron: Okay, Tom, you can answer them. Okay. Can I see? Can I see it? Yeah, it's here.

Laura: Mackie's here.

Ron: Oh, choose answers from the box. Oh, there's a multi choice. Well, I don't want to see the box. Yeah, they didn't see the box. Well, I'd say it is precipitation. I could see you changing there, but.

Laura: I didn't have the box.

Ron: I didn't have the box. Tom's not using the box.

Laura: Um, I was never gonna get that word. It's magnet and precipitation. I hope she's written a fine drizzle, that guy.

Ron: From ocean to water vaporisation. Uh, now. Thank you.

Laura: There's a bag.

Ron: Oh, is that condensation? Ding, ding, ding. Tom gets three months.

Laura: M. There's a bag of crisps there.

Ron: Just to be clear, everyone, three points for Tom.

Meg: Did Tom just look at my answers and then read them out and get points?

Ron: Nope. Tom said different things to you, Meg.

Meg: I heard him say condensation. I've got condensation written down.

Ron: Yes. Um, well, okay, so it turns out there was multiple choice on that one, Meg, but we didn't see it.

Laura: I'd have got three marks if I'd known that.

Meg: Yeah. What was it, then?

Ron: So, a is precipitation.

Laura: Okay, well, that's rain.

Meg: Rain. Yeah, that's the same thing.

Laura: Yeah, we get points.

Ron: Yeah. Um, give yourself half mark.

Laura: No.

Ron: Because it can fool us. Other things such as snow and sleet, hail.

Laura: Ow.

Ron: Rain does not cover it all.

Meg: Fine.

Ron: You get half marks each. And that's generous. It should have looked at the box.

Meg: You should have been a better quiz master.

Laura: You should prep. Sometimes. I love this. Because now Megan's m gonna listen to the podcast with a new energy. Such as being on my side.

Meg: Doubt it.

Why is producing drinking water from seawater expensive? Does the process requires energy

Ron: All right, what have you guys write down for beads?

Laura: Evaporation.

Ron: Ding, ding, mark each. And c, condensation. Ding, ding, mark each. Well done, guys.

Meg: Hang on, I need to.

Ron: I feel like you guys got the harder ones there.

Laura: Uh, yeah, but who's thinking about precipitation?

Meg: Precipitation is a stupid word.

Laura: What?

Ron: M okay, drinking water can be produced from seawater. Which process is used to produce drinking water from seawater? Is that a, desalination? Yes, b, digestion or c, screening?

Laura: Desalination. Because they're working on plants in California to make, um, it more, uh, money conscious. What's the word?

Ron: Affordable.

Laura: Affordable.

Ron: All right, well, I guess that's a point each, because.

Laura: Oh, sorry. Yeah.

Ron: Ah, what a Meg.

Meg: Thanks.

Laura: Meg knew.

Meg: Yeah, to be fair, you talked about that not that long ago on an episode.

Laura: You're such a fan, Meg.

Ron: Why is producing drinking water from seawater expensive? Does the process requires energy? The seawater must be filtered. The seawater temperature is too high.

Laura: I feel like it's two of those. All of them.

Meg: So warm.

Ron: Meg, what have you written down?

Meg: I've, uh, got energy.

Laura: Me, too.

Ron: Yeah, that'll be a mark each, probably. Let me cheque this. Yeah. All right. Okay.

Laura: Meg, we're so smart.

Ron: Which this is. I should have done the higher paper. We're doing foundation.

Laura: Yeah, but this is just a revage stash. Maybe I could do the higher paper for the exam.

Ron: Yeah, okay.

Laura: I'm so squinty.

Ron: Um, which tube processes are used to kill bacteria during the production of drinking water? Adding chlorine exposure to uv light, ultraviolet light, freezing, grit removal, sedimentation.

Meg: Say, which two?

Ron: Which two?

Meg: I don't like not being able to look at it.

Ron: You can look at it. Do not write outside the box.

Laura: What is it? To get rid of bacteria.

Ron: Kill bacteria. Oh, okay. Laura, what have you written down?

Laura: Well, I've gone with uv and, um, freezing because I feel like the other ones, while they might clean, it, would not kill bacteria.

Ron: Meg.

Meg: I put chlorine in uv. Cause I know our water sometimes tastes.

Ron: Like chlorine and meg screams

00:20:00

Ron: into the lead. Two mugs for Meg and one mug for Laura. Freezing would just freeze them and that would make ice.

Laura: Not drinking water, chef. Then you can freeze it.

Meg: The bacteria would still be there. It would stop the multiplication of the bacteria while it's frozen, but it wouldn't get rid of it.

Ron: Yeah, if you. If you like, if you had some rotten fish and you froze it and then thought it, this still be rotten.

Laura: This so explains why I shit myself so often.

Ron: Yeah.

Laura: Ah. Uh, do you remember that time Tom made a listeria cake?

Ron: Yeah. Uh, you know how stuff still, like, changes when it's in the freezer and you're a bit like, what the fuck? Like, I froze it. I thought it'd be the same. It's because, um, it stops the bacteria from, like, breaking it down. But enzymes still work while stuff is frozen, so, like, processes are still happening.

Meg: Stuff is only allowed to be frozen for a certain length of time, isn't it? Which we definitely listen to.

Why is it important to kill bacteria during the production of drinking water

Ron: All right, guys, our first sort of free form answer of the quiz so far. Why is it important to kill bacteria in water during the production of drinking water?

Laura: So you don't shit yourself to death for one mark. Okay, what are the options?

Ron: No, it's free form. I just said that.

Meg: Read it again.

Ron: Why is it important to kill bacteria and water during the production of drinking water?

Laura: How many words should we be?

Ron: Right, you've got two lines.

Laura: Two lines.

Meg: I feel like this is a very creaky chair.

Laura: Come on, I'm trying to write two lines.

Ron: You don't have to fill the tea lines.

Laura: Oh, surely that's a suggestion, though. Okay, Toby boy. Oh, no, he let some tew tins.

Meg: While recording a podcast.

Laura: Oh, that's a good point, yeah.

Ron: Um, what have you written, Laura?

Laura: I've put so people don't get sick from digesting bacteria that their immune systems can't cope with.

Ron: Okay. Yeah. Okay, Meg, what have you written?

Meg: I put to stop the spread of diseases and prevent illness.

Ron: Yeah, definitely. Meg gets, let's see, to stop so people don't get sick from digesting bacteria, their immune system.

Meg: Laura's tried to be too clever.

Laura: I just tried to fill too long. Yeah.

Meg: Why?

Laura: Because there were two lines.

Ron: Well, uh, it's quite bigger. Oh, no, it says ignore, prevent, stop people. Yeah, you get a mark as well. Okay. Yeah. Right. So I believe it's, um, seven and a half to six and a half so far to the person that M hasn't gone through this process. Okay, guys, that's us. Moving on.

Laura: I didn't think you could drink chlorine.

Ron: You should have. You've been told. Guys, we're recording.

Meg: Pockets, don't you put me on here.

Laura: He likes a nibble.

Okay, guys, um, we're moving on to plants. Stay focused, Laura. Feel it. I'm sick of drinking water. No

Ron: Okay, guys, um, we're moving on to plants.

Laura: Feel it. Open that starch.

Meg: Stay focused, Laura.

Laura: No, no.

Ron: Um. Right. We're moving on to a question about plants.

Laura: Good. I'm sick of drinking water.

What is the function of meristem tissue? Is it cell division

Ron: All right. Meristem is a specialised tissue found at the tips of.

Laura: Meg kind of has gone through this because she's listened to the podcast.

Meg: I've not listened to every episode, though.

Laura: Why?

Ron: Um, anyway, Mary's stem is a specialised tissue found at the tips of shoots and roots. What is the function of meristem tissue? Is it a, cell division, b, fertilisation or c, transpiration?

Meg: Say again without the stupid voice?

Laura: Transpiration.

Ron: Um, cell division, fertilisation, transpiration.

Meg: I don't even know what that last one is.

Ron: Meg.

Meg: I went with cell division.

Laura: Laura, M. Let's chance to cel division. I went with cell division, too.

Meg: You haven't written anything.

Laura: I haven't put a. In a circle.

Ron: It is cell division. Well done, guys.

Laura: The meristem can be anything. Be a meristem. That could be good merch. A t shirt for meristem. Be a meristem. Believe in yourself. Um.

Ron: Okay. Right. We're gonna, um. So xylem tissue and phloem tissue are found in plants. Cells and phloem tissue contain sugars. I'm gonna, um. We're gonna. There's a. There's a feature of the tissue, uh, something that it does. And then you have to say whether xylem. Do it, phloem do it, or both of them do it. Okay.

Laura: Okay. Look at the saddest tomato plant in the world.

Meg: Yeah. Needs water.

Ron: Still got that tomato, though.

00:25:00

Ron: Come on, pigeon, sort your shit out of, um.

Laura: Love how he didn't always find me.

Ron: Involved in the transport of substances in the plant. Is that xylem, phloem or both. Transports water and mineral ions from roots to leaves. Is that xylem, phloem or both?

Laura: I can't remember which way round they go.

Ron: Toby, don't bark at that pigeonhood.

Meg: He's just gonna climb the tree and get it.

Ron: Um, transports water and mineral ions from Megan's.

Laura: Looking at the screen. What's on the screen? Is there a dory? Is there a dory?

Meg: I just like to read the word.

Laura: Megan fell off the chair.

Ron: Um. Come on, guys. Ready to play?

Xylem, phloem or both. Both, uh, flow on xylem

Laura: Yeah. I'm trying to remember which ones which. Did. I have a clever way?

Meg: What is the nature of go up a bit? Because there was a bit that you said.

Ron: Phloem. Tissue contains sugars.

Meg: Phloems contains sugars.

Ron: Transports water and mineral ions from roots to leaves.

Meg: Okay.

Ron: Consists of hollow tubes of dead cells. Xylem, phloem or both. End walls of the cells have paws.

Laura: Oh, no, I'm just putting the same answer for all of them. I changed that last one.

Meg: Okay, how many are there?

Ron: Just two. Xylem or phloem?

Meg: No questions. Uh, in this section.

Ron: We're done now.

Meg: Okay.

Laura: Oh, crap.

Ron: You got a good mix.

Laura: Hang on. Uh, now I'm gonna change one. I can call that one. That one. Okay. Okay.

Ron: Alrighty. Rue. Uh, okay. Involved in transport of substances in the plant.

Laura: Both.

Ron: It is both transports water and mineral ions from roots to leaves.

Meg: Xylem.

Ron: It is xylem.

Laura: Yes.

Ron: Consists of hollow tubes of dead cells. Both, uh, flow on xylem.

Laura: Oh, I had xylem first, and then I changed it to both. And then I changed it to phloem.

Ron: End walls of the cells have pores.

Laura: Well, life at xylem, but that feels wrong.

Meg: Now flow them.

Ron: It is flowing. No, Megan pulls further ahead.

Laura: They were the ones. I was thinking they were, though, so that's bonus.

Meg: Why did you not just stick with your gut?

Laura: Uh, because my gut lies.

Meg: Why is my child still not dressed?

Laura: He's on holiday. It's only, like, 30.

Meg: Is it? Oh, my God.

Ron: Stomata are tiny holes in the surface of leaves. Guard cells surround the stomata. Figure two.

Meg: I remember this.

Ron: Figure two shows the shape of guard cells around stomata. At different times of the day, guard cells control water loss from the leaf.

Meg: There's a lorry.

Ron: Okay, explain what happens to the guard cells to increase water loss from the leaf use. Figure two.

Meg: Explain what happened to the guard cells.

Ron: This is the first one where I'm, um, not supremely confident I'd get full marks. I don't know exactly what they're asking for.

Laura: No, m. I don't think we talked about this.

Meg: I remember this diagram.

Laura: The butt holes. I don't feel like pigeons sing that song elsewhere. It's a very. This garden pigeon song to me.

Ron: I did see a TikTok of someone, like, rocking out to it, though, so. It does. Maybe they're from the southwest, though.

Laura: Is it like, a specific type of pidge?

Meg: Maybe.

Laura, you've got four lines for this exam. So you just might as well write loads

Ron: Okay, Laura, for this one, you've got four lines.

Meg: Oh, piss.

Laura: I've written way less.

Ron: So you've got two marks. You have to make sure that you've said two things.

Laura: You can't get marked down for writing something stupid, though, can you?

Meg: As long as you can't get minus marks.

Laura: No. So you just might as well write loads.

Ron: No,

00:30:00

Ron: you can. You can, like, there are things that you can say that would just make your answer wrong.

Laura: Uh uh. Yeah.

Ron: You can't write down, like, both sides of something and then they'll take it. Yeah. Okay. You haven't just outfoxed the entire exam system.

Laura: I, uh, like that cloud be in front of the sun. That is a nice, chilly bit.

You talked about some nonsense with the sun getting into the leaf

Ron: All right, we're out of time. Meg, what have you got?

Meg: So I have put they move slash expand so that they're further apart, meaning that the sun can reach the water and evaporate it.

Ron: Say it again.

Meg: So they move and expand so that there's a bigger gap between the guard cells so then the sun can get to the water and evaporate it.

Laura: You're explaining around what you've written. Read exactly what you've written, please.

Meg: They move, slash expands that they're further apart, meaning that the sun reaches the water and evaporates it.

Ron: I'm gonna think about this. What have you got?

Laura: They dilate to allow more water to leave the leaf. They inflate this to happen, you need to think about mine, too. I know.

Ron: So you get, ah, one mark for they change shape. Curve.

Meg: They move, slash, expand.

Laura: They dilate. They dilate. Yeah. Yeah.

Ron: Wait, no, I'll tell you when you have it. You said expand, which would be a change of shape, so I'm gonna give you a mark there. Dilation. I don't know if that's changed yet, but you'll get a mark because it says to open the stomata, which dilation implies that. So you're gonna mark for that, Meg. Mm hmm. M. You talked about some nonsense with the sun getting into the leaf.

Meg: I'm not getting into. But that's how the water is lost, because it evaporates.

Ron: Read it again.

Laura: I'm hungry.

Meg: No, you can have breakfast.

Laura: I'm um, recording.

Ron: Okay, guys, because you said something about the sun getting in.

Meg: That's not what I meant, though.

Laura: This is how it gets you.

Ron: Uh, there's actually not about evaporation. It's about transpiration. It's when they breathing water out the leaf.

Laura: Like my tips right now, I'm eating outside overnight fires in that.

Ron: Laura.

Laura: Hey, at least it's not the razor blades.

Ron: No, that's size. No, right? Come on. Come on now.

Laura: So did I only get one?

Ron: Yes, you both only got one.

Meg: Oh, look at tiny science book.

Laura: Yeah, that was in the pirate ship.

The words are active transport, filtration, mitosis and translocation

Ron: Okay, guys, um, so we have a paragraph that you have to fill in the blanks. You have words to choose from. The words are active transport, filtration, mitosis, osmosis and translocation.

Meg: This is why I need to read it.

Ron: You could write this down.

Laura: Active.

Ron: Active transport, filtration.

Laura: No, no.

Meg: Mitosis.

Ron: Uh, slow osmosis translates.

Laura: No, Ron, we can't write that fast. We're not bionic wrists. Filtration.

Meg: Active transport.

Laura: Filtration.

Ron: Mitosis.

Meg: No.

Laura: Yep.

Ron: Osmosis.

Laura: Yep.

Ron: And translocation.

Laura: Translocation.

Meg: I'm so hot.

Ron: Finish these sentences with options that you've got there.

Laura: Okay.

Ron: Water moves from the soil into the plant by blank.

Laura: From the plant into the soil. No, what was it?

Ron: Water moves m from the soil into the plant by blank.

Laura: Okay.

Ron: Mineral ions move m from a low concentration in the soil to a high concentration in the root by.

Laura: Oh, no.

Ron: It does not say that. You can't use answers more than once.

Laura: That's good.

Ron: Sugars are, ah, transported from the leaves to other plants of the plant. Parts of the plant by blank. And we're done. Okay, ready for marking, everybody.

Meg: Oh, God, no.

Laura: Can you just read the first two again?

Ron: Water moves from the soil into the plant by blank. Mineral ions move from a low concentration in the soil to a high concentration in the root by blanken.

Laura: Low concentration of sound to a high concentration in the womb.

Meg: I feel like I'm wrong on that one. And also, I can't remember the difference between osmosis and mitosis.

Laura: Mitosis is the process of cell division.

Ron: Okay, then.

Laura: Cool. Thank you. Sabrina the teenage witch. I don't think it can be right, but that's what I'm going with.

Osmosis is the process of water moving through a membrane

Ron: All right, what do we got for number one gang?

Laura: Osmosis.

Ron: That is correct. Osmosis is the process of water

00:35:00

Ron: moving through a membrane. Which means. Laura, you writing osmosis for mineral ions moving from a low concentration to a high. Oh, I got a wet back yeah. From a low concentration to a high concentration in the root is wrong. That is active transport. The key clue there being from low to high, because things usually flow from high to low. So to reverse that, it's got to be active. We've got to put energy in.

Laura: Yeah.

Ron: Sugars are transported from the leaves to the other parts of the plant by.

Meg: I put active transport for that again, but I don't think it's right.

Ron: No, it is translocation.

Laura: I also put active transport on dumbbens.

Ron: We're moving on to number three now.

Laura: Hey, now you're a three.

Now it's about carbon. Carbon is an element with several isotopes

Ron: Now it's about carbon.

Laura: Ugh. Okay.

Ron: Carbon is an element with several isotopes. Oh, my God. It's the moment everyone's been waiting for. Choose an answer from the box. The options are electrons, neutrons and protons.

Laura: Oh, no.

Ron: Each isotope of carbon has a different number of.

Meg: This has been recent episodes and my mind has gone completely blank.

Ron: Meg, what's an isotope?

Meg: Shut up. That wasn't the question.

Ron: Laura, what's an isotope?

Laura: It is a. It's different numbers of neutrons.

Ron: The answer is neutrons. Point for both of you. An isotope of carbon is carbon 14. Plants contain carbon 14. How does carbon 14 pass from plants to animals?

Meg: Say that again.

Ron: An isotope of carbon is carbon 14. Plants contain carbon 14. How does carbon 14 pass from plants to animals? Don't overcook this one, guys.

Laura: I'm so hungry. Can I go and get some snacks?

Ron: We're almost done.

Laura: I can't think. We're almost done. They're not very long exams, are they?

Ron: No, it's more than. I've got a job. Um, okay, Laura, what have you got?

Laura: The animals eat the plants and therefore the carbon 14.

Meg: I, uh, put. They eat plants or other animals.

Ron: There we go. That's it.

Laura: Plants are eaten tertiary consumers. Meg.

Meg: Right.

Ron: Alrighty roo.

One of these symbols represents a beta particle. Which one is it, Laura

Next question. Carbon 14 is radioactive. Carbon 14 nuclei emit beta particles. A beta particle is an electron. I. Ah. Gather it. One of these symbols represents a beta particle. Which one is it, Laura? Describe them to the listener.

Laura: Okay, so one is a zero and then an e, like the arrow if it was a bow and then a minus one. The middle one is a helium with a four above it and a two above it.

Ron: I mean, you could say that the one on the left is an e with a zero above it and a minus one.

Meg: That one is specifically no zero with.

Ron: An e. Like the arrow of a bow.

Meg: What's the arrow? You know what I mean?

Laura: Like, if this is the bow, then it's firing the e to the right.

Ron: It's fucking unhinged. That's weird. Right.

Laura: And then the other one is an h with a one above it and below it on the left.

Ron: What might that represent?

Laura: What do you mean?

Ron: What does that h represent?

Laura: Hydrogen.

Ron: Yeah.

Meg: What does the e represent? If that one's helium and that one's hydrogen, what's an e?

Laura: It might just be nothing. Meg. No electron. It's probably an electron. I think it's that way.

Ron: Is there any context in the question?

Meg: I think it's that way.

Laura: Says a beta particle is an electric, so stop mocking.

Ron: When a carbon 14 emits a beta particle, the atomic number changes from six to seven. Which element has the atomic number of seven? Now we are allowed to look at a periodic table.

Meg: Okay, have you got one for us?

Ron: I'm googling it now the other round. What are we looking at?

Laura: A periodic table?

Ron: Yep. Which one?

Laura: Which one what?

Ron: What has an atomic number of seven?

Laura: Nitrogen.

Ron: It is nitrogen. Yes. It's the one that says seven. The options were helium, lithium and nitrogen. So, well done for choosing nitrogen. Which of the two following substances would beta particles nothing be able to penetrate? One metre of concrete, ten centimetres of lead, one centimetre of air, one millimetre of aluminium, one 0.1 millimetre

00:40:00

Ron: sheet of paper. Which two could it not get through?

Laura: Two.

Ron: Which two could it not get through?

Laura: Okay, read them again.

Ron: One metre of concrete, ten centimetres of lead, one centimetre of air, one millimetre of aluminium, 0.1 millimetre sheet of paper. What have we written down?

Laura: I've gone with lead and concrete.

Meg: Same.

Ron: Yeah, you said that like that was a real thinker. But it's concrete and lead. Definitely that one.

Laura: I don't like the mockery, even when I get it right.

Ron: Yeah. Two marks for that one.

Percentage of carbon 14 in an organism decreases after death

In 1991, the frozen remains of a human body were found.

Laura: This is taking a curve.

Ron: Were found in a glacier. The body was 5400 years old.

Laura: Don't eat it.

Ron: The body tissues had not decayed completely. What causes the decay of human bodies? Is it carbon dioxide, microorganisms or mineral ions? Oh, yeah. Answers. It's microorganisms, guys.

Laura: Yeah. Did you get that, Meg? I really need you to stack it somewhere, please.

Meg: No.

Laura: Yes.

Meg: No. I'm too competitive for that. Don't you throw things at me.

Ron: The percentage of carbon 14 in an organism decreases after death. We have a graph here that shows how determine the percentage of carbon 14 nuclei remaining in an organism after 3000 years.

Laura: The percent. Why can't you move?

Meg: Says the woman who spilled her tea twice today, once on her father. Um, I need to read all the.

Laura: It's dropped 25%. Stop saying the answer before I've had.

Meg: A chance to think about it.

Laura: Think quicker then.

Meg: Well, all you're doing then is giving me the answer. I might have gotten it wrong. Now you've given me the point.

Laura: Yeah, but why would you copy off me? I'm doing worse than you.

Meg: It is true.

Ron: Write it down then.

Meg: Okay, and then what was the question?

Ron: How much? After 3000 years.

Laura: That dog barking is neither of our dogs, by the way, just so that you don't think we're unprofessional podcasters, what have you written down?

Meg: Um, 70%.

Ron: What have you written down?

Laura: 25%.

Ron: Okay, well, 70 percent's the answer. How? Well, because determine m the remaining in the organism, not by how much. It's gone down.

Laura: So then it's 75.

Ron: Ah, but it's still. You still stacked it there. Bloody hell, Laura.

Laura: I'm too silly. I don't know anything and I'm hungry.

Ron: You got it wrong in two ways.

Laura: Oh. Someone take my child away from me. She shouldn't have to be raised by this.

Meg: I'll take her. Uh, she looks like me anyway.

Ron: Slamming around on the table. Guys.

Meg: That's not me. Also, that's her.

Ron: Okay.

Laura: Performative slamming.

Ron: Guys, you're gonna have to come back and look at the car. The half life of carbon fibre, carbon 14 is the average time taken for the number of carbon 14 to half. Determine the half life of carbon 14.

Laura: No, I'm getting worried m now what's that question?

Ron: Determine the half life of carbon 14. I don't understand what determine the half life.

Laura: Just let me.

Meg: That's gonna be, um, unpleasant in headphones.

Laura: Laura made me angry then. Okay, so that's half there. So e that's there. So that's.

Meg: For the listener. Laura is squinting at the screen, pulling faces and squeaking.

Ron: How many years is that? Just look at the graph.

Laura: Dance to there. But that hits right in the middle of a thing.

Ron: So what would the middle of that thing be?

Laura: I haven't got glasses.

Meg: Why have you not got glasses on a sitting exam, Laura?

Laura: Because I don't know where they are.

Ron: Did you find your phone?

Laura: No.

Meg: Your phone was on the back of the software. Huh.

Laura: Okay, I can get it.

Ron: Megan, what have you written down?

Meg: 5500 years, Laura.

Laura: 5750 years, Laura.

Scientists studying body from glacier were not concerned about risk from beta radiation

Ron: Got this one right. You were filled with hubris and you went too quickly on the

00:45:00

Ron: graph.

Meg: I did?

Laura: Yes. Thank you. Squinty eyes.

Ron: Only a very toby, leave him alone.

Laura: He was really underneath.

Ron: Only a very small proportion of the carbon in an organism is carbon 14. Scientists studying the body from the glacier were not concerned about the risk from beta radiation emitted by the body. Why was the risk to the scientists low? A. The beta radiation emitted by the body was a type of ionising radiation. B. All the carbon 14 nuclei in the body had decayed. C. The radiation dose absorbed by the scientists was low.

Laura: So your Tommy?

Ron: Yeah.

Laura: You hungry, too?

Ron: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. I'm just not letting it affect me.

Laura: I. It makes me sad when I'm hungry.

Ron: What have we both written down? C. Yes, yes, of course it's that.

Laura: Yes.

Ron: Great.

Figure four shows dog drowning in pond. How does he get back in there

All right, we're on to a new section, guys.

Laura: I'm gonna turn, uh, the page over.

Ron: Uh, who's ready for mass?

Meg: No, I'm never ready for maths. I find it science. Okay, guys, can I use a calculator?

Laura: No. How does he get back in there? He's like a spare. Doors open so fast.

Meg: He's a dog.

Ron: Speed.

Meg: Your dog doesn't move, I think is the issue.

Laura: My dog, uh, drowning in the pond.

Ron: All right, guys.

Meg: Beaten up by the frog.

Laura: Tomato in the water.

Ron: Not that water. That water's cursed.

Meg: Yeah, to be fair. No, Laura, you'll kill it.

Ron: There's really horrible beasties in that water. There's water boatmen that are under the water. It's really freaky.

Meg: Yeah, it's probably radioactive. Full of razor blades and.

Ron: Laura. Bits of wire come back, it'll die.

Meg: And it won't be edible.

Laura: I don't think it will die. The dogs drink out that water.

Ron: Yeah, and your dog's got permanent stink mouth. The mouth of eternal stench.

Laura: Yeah, but so does Toby, and he doesn't smell.

Meg: Yeah, but he's made of stronger stuff. He's got snes in his veins.

Laura: My dog's got baby bob.

Ron: The eyepiece lens of this. Sorry. Figure four shows a, uh, microscope. It just looks like a microscope, guys. Okay, the eyepiece lens has a magnification of ten times ten. The high power objective lens has a magnification of times 40. Which calculation would give you the total magnification. Is it ten times 40? Is it 40 divided by ten or is it ten plus 40?

Laura: Mhm. How do I not instantly know?

Ron: Shut up. I think my tummy is about to rumble again.

Laura: Sorry.

Meg: The aeroplane on ask it.

Write down equation which links magnification, size of image and real object

Ron: All right, Laura, uh, what have you written down?

Laura: Ten plus 40?

Ron: Megan.

Meg: Ten times 40. Are we both wrong?

Ron: Megan's back in the.

Laura: No, she stayed in the lead.

Ron: Narrowed slightly with Megan snafu with her graph.

Laura: I understand that. Then one's multiplying the other one.

Meg: Yeah, yeah, because the ten times magnifier is magnifying everything by 10%. So if it's looking at something that's magnifying something, 40% is magnifying.

Laura: Oh, but I didn't see the graph. You know what?

Ron: A microscope is.

Laura: Cheated there.

Meg: We should have looked at the graph.

Laura: Someone said it just looked like a microscope.

Ron: It does just look like a microscope.

Laura: And I didn't know what a microscope looked like.

Ron: Right down the equator, which links magnification and size of a real object.

Meg: Equations. I don't do equations.

Ron: Write down the equation which links magnification, size of image, size of real object.

Meg: Swear on likes education.

Laura: Yeah, yeah.

Meg: Cool, cool, cool, cool. I don't know.

Laura: Is there any help with this?

Meg: No.

Laura: So, size of, um, object. Let's call that a. Okay, and then what is the rest of the question?

Ron: Magnification, size of the real object, size of image. Magnification, size of object, size of image.

Laura: I going to call b. So then we need to work out how a becomes b.

Meg: B. I've made up nonsense.

Laura: Okay, okay, Ron, I've gone for a equals object and b equals image. Okay, don't.

Ron: M. You don't have to do it in letters. Just tell me what. Multiply by what divided by what.

Laura: Okay, so image equals object multiplied brackets. Ten by 40.

Meg: I've gone for magnification times object equals image.

Ron: Yeah. Mega gets the answer, and I'll tell you for why I've done that.

Laura: You said that's what the. That's the magnification from the.

Ron: From that question.

Laura: I didn't know that they weren't connected. Come on. I forgot that then.

Ron: You would not.

Laura: Get that I did that because I didn't know that they weren't connected because that was the magnification.

Ron: Write down the equation which links magnification, size of image, and size of real object. It doesn't talk about that previous question at all. It doesn't say the magnification. Oh, but, uh, I'm gonna give you half a mark really generously. Bear in mind, half marks don't exist in this.

Laura: Uh.

Meg: Oh, uh, finger out your belly button, you weirdo.

Laura: Yeah, Ron. Hello, Chuck.

Meg: I mean, 20 questions feels like enough. Don't you start working a minute. Yes.

Laura: Yeah, I'm finding out quite how thick I am.

Ron: Yeah, magnification's no fun anyway. Let's stop there. Yeah, right, Meg, what was your score in the end?

Meg: 345678 910. 25 and a half.

Laura: 21. Really cross about that last one, though, because I was right. I was just applying extra information.

Meg: Yeah, that's why you got a half a point.

Ron: Exams are all about just learning how to do exams. And that's why we do practise papers. Laura.

Meg: You're welcome. I've helped you for your real exam.

Ron: And that's it for Lex education this week.

Meg: It's sad because I won't be able to listen to this episode. Cause I don't like listening to my own voice.

Ron: You have to get over that if you're a podcast guy.

Meg: I'm not a podcast guy, though. I'm a sister of a podcast guy.

Ron: Sister of a podcast guy.

M Meg is gonna tell us three true crime stories on Patreon

Laura: But, uh, hey, Ron, I came up with the format that we're gonna do with Meg on the Patreon. Yeah, you know, Meg loves true crime.

Ron: Yeah.

Laura: We're gonna do false crime.

Meg: Okay. Two crimes and a lie.

Laura: Yeah, M Meg is gonna tell us three true crime stories. One of them, she's entirely made up. And we are gonna guess which one she's made up.

Ron: I think I'm gonna be fantastic at this.

Laura: It's like, would I lie to you? Meets true crime.

Ron: I like it. Yeah. Yeah, I get it. It's a really succinct pitch.

Laura: Yeah.

Ron: Yeah.

Meg: Cause you don't really do true crime, do you?

Laura: Did you start listening to the opportunist?

Ron: All right, we're gonna, um. This is devolving into this conversation. Laura's hungry. I need a shower. We're sweaty out here. This was past papers. Maybe we'll do another one with someone else.

Laura: We'll just keep an outro, though, aren't we?

Ron: Yeah, we will. Yeah, but it's all right. Okay, fuck it, then. You've not listened to this episode, Laura.

Laura: No, but I know she beat me.

Ron: She did beat you, but what a lovely soundscape that is.

Laura: Was it nice?

Ron: It is really nice.

Laura: Yeah, yeah, yeah. I'm looking forward to hearing it. I would have listened to it. You didn't put it in the drive?

Ron: I did edit it, though, and do notes.

Laura: Yeah.

Ron: Yes.

Laura: Thanks for doing something for your job.

Ron: Um, would you have listened to it even if I had?

Laura: Yeah.

Ron: When?

Laura: Any time.

Ron: What do you mean? Anytime. You're stretched thin enough as it is.

Laura: Yeah, but sometimes I put it on just while I'm mulching around the house. I did all that housework the other day. I probably would have listened to it then. Yeah, but I often listen to them. Wrong, because I. I don't think you do enough alternate titles. So I often listen to it to add more alternate titles.

Ron: I think there's a lot you could criticise me for, but I don't think that's it.

Laura: You only ever do, like, two or three.

Ron: You only need one.

Laura: Yeah, but I use them for socials, Ron.

Meg: Then they can just have two, three and people.

Laura: No, because then the graphic looks all a bit loosey goosey and bare. I want it to look

00:55:00

Laura: busy. Like, the whole point of that is I put it on social media so that people are like, what are these insane quotes? This sounds greasy and brilliant. I want to listen to this. How are these lines from the same episode? And then it makes them want to give it a try, you see?

Ron: Yeah.

Ron and I are writing a science song for our first musical performance

Laura: So, um, exam season starts next week. Uh, get your tickets to cheerful Eiffel. Ron and I have decided it will be our first musical performance. Yeah, Ron had forgotten until I just reminded him just then, even though we had this conversation, like, two days ago. We are gonna perform a Lex education song live. So if you can make it. Hey, please come along.

Ron: Um, why are you announcing this before we.

Laura: Because now the pressure's on to do it, Ron.

Ron: Yeah.

Laura: For you. I don't have to do it. Whole thing.

Ron: You said you were gonna write the lyrics.

Laura: Yeah, but only after you. I'd already thought you probably wanted to.

Ron: But what's it gonna be about?

Laura: Science. We're gonna write a really catchy science song, um, about sad boys, sad boys, sad boys what you gonna do? What you gonna do when they come for you? Iron eyes, iron eyes. That's what you're gonna do.

Ron: I'm gonna leave the lyrics to you.

Laura: Um, anything else we got to talk about, Ron?

Meg wants to do a listening companion podcast so write in if you'd like

Register.

Ron: Uh, uh, what else is in? Oh, um, Meg wants to do a listening companion podcast.

Laura: Yes.

Ron: Um, so write in if you'd like that, and if you'd like to join her on it, because I'm not. I'm not doing it.

Laura: Maybe she'll have just have a different listener guest every time.

Ron: Yeah. So write in if, um. Goggle lex. On paper, it works. It looks a bit like goggle box. Not. It doesn't work so well out loud.

Laura: Goggle X. I like it.

Ron: Goggle x box. No, that's horrible to say.

Laura: Lexagoggle.

Ron: Um, and then, um, also write in if you have those pigeons near you, or if that is just southwest. Anyway.

Laura: They'Re not special southwest pigeons, though, are they?

Ron: We talk about this in the episode. Yeah.

Laura: So longy.

Ron: Um. Um, a big, special ex education.

Meg: Thank you.

Ron: To Josie.

Laura: Josie. Ah.

Ron: Josie. Is the secret fourth sister. She is older and younger than all of us and she is eternal and she appears on every.

Laura: I thought you were going to say eternal, then. Eternal.

Ron: And another very special thank you to Chris Bates, who hides in our, um. Mum, um, and dad's trees. Makes that noise.

Laura: Ah, Chris, what a wonderful pigeon noise you make.

Ron: Thank you, Chris.

Laura: Thank you, Chris. The episode just wouldn't have been what it was without you. And a little mini register. Thank you to Catherine Lennon for changing to an annual subscription. Thanks, Catherine, for giving us the impetus to keep this going forever and, uh. Ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever ever ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever. I made him laugh. Now I can stop.

Ron: Tweet the words. And ever and ever and ever. Hashtag lexeducation. If you made it to the end of that.

Laura: Uh, yeah, because I just did that live. That's not looped or anything. Yeah, yeah. You can tell by the fact that I couldn't keep the tune. All right, see you next week for exams cluster. Pest cluster.

Meg: Pesthouse is.

00:59:35

No comments:

Post a Comment