Lexx Education - Episode Index

Episode 1 - Biology - A Lego Brick Full of Meccano                          Introduction to cells. Episode 2 - Chemistry - Bob Marley and th...

Monday 15 May 2023

Billy Bags Are Equal to Scum Puckets

 Laura: Hello and welcome to another episode of Lexx Education, the comedy science podcast, where comedian me, Laura ALexx is very cross about Eurovision and so is a bit grumpy this morning, while doing an intro with her normal brother, Ron.

Ron: Hello, it's me normal brother, Ron.

Laura: Hello, Ron.

Ron: How's it going?

Laura: I'm just p***** off about Eurovision.

Laura: What happened was a really good night, right?

Laura: Some really good songs, some absolutely mad entries.

Laura: Like, you know, there's always one country that just puts a load of old men in pyjamas and they bounce around.

Laura: There were, like, six that did it last night.

Laura: It was fantastic.

Laura: It was everything you want, and then just like a normal pop song won.

Laura: And it was so annoying.

Laura: It was just like just some fit woman rolling around in an Earthworm costume and she won and it was just like, oh, f*** off.

Laura: Everything's just good for people that have actually got talent.

Laura: Why can't we just have fun?

Laura: People winning?

Laura: I'm really angry and I haven't had enough sleep because of watching Eurovision and I'm a little bit hungover, but I just really cross.

Laura: I was just really enjoying it and now it's ruined.

Ron: I'm sorry.

Laura: Thank you.

Laura: I guess this is how people feel if their team doesn't win a Premier League or something.

Ron: Yeah, their timing team doesn't win a sport.

Laura: Yeah, but I don't even mind that.

Laura: We shouldn't have won.

Laura: Our song was like it's a fine pop song, but it relies on understanding the lyrics, which, when you hear a song once and then vote on it bad entry, losers.

Laura: What were we thinking?

Laura: But she was great.

Laura: But good performance, fine song, but just come on.

Laura: Finland were really fun.

Laura: Germany came last.

Laura: It was excellent.

Laura: They had flames, they had, like, little wings on the back.

Laura: It was brilliant.

Laura: And now Eurovision is dead to me until I forget that it made me feel this way.

Laura: And I watch it again next year.

Ron: I mean, you're obviously going to just do exactly the same thing and be equally disappointed next year.

Laura: Yeah, but I liked it, like last year.

Laura: Great result.

Laura: It was well, Ukraine won, but Sam Ryder came second and he had a great song.

Laura: He just seems delightful.

Ron: But that, to me, is exactly what you've complained about today.

Ron: That just seemed like a very average pop song.

Laura: No, but it had charisma.

Laura: And this woman that won last night, she already won it before.

Laura: What are you even doing here?

Ron: That's bad.

Laura: That's like me going back to primary school and winning the egg and spoon.

Laura: Just go and do something else.

Ron: Why must everything come back to eggs?

Laura: All right.

Ron: Just edited a very eggy podcast and then I've had to listen to this one so that we can do the intros and outros and stuff.

Ron: And it's just eggs.

Ron: Can it be like conqueror and spoon or yeah, okay.

Laura: Not an egg.

Laura: A grape and a small spoon.

Ron: Grape and teaspoon race.

Laura: Yeah, that would be cute, actually.

Laura: I suppose the jeopardy is that a grape doesn't smash into little bits if it falls.

Ron: Yeah, but then that's less food waste.

Ron: So maybe in 2023 we shouldn't I'm cancelling egg and spoon.

Laura: Yeah.

Ron: It's also not vegan.

Laura: It's not.

Laura: Especially if the spoon is made of beef just carved out of a fillet.

Laura: How are you, Ron?

Ron: Yeah, I'm all right.

Laura: Hey, we got a present.

Laura: We've got little bunts and pin badges from lovely fabric hay.

Ron: I have not seen these.

Laura: No, I haven't seen it either, but husband of the podcast, Tom, came home very late last night and he told me that there was a gift and I haven't seen it yet either, but I quickly yelled at him, what was our present?

Laura: As I was running up the stairs and he told me, because I was quite late to this recording.

Ron: Okay, well, I guess next week update, and we'll see how much we like.

Laura: Next week, we'll actually have looked at them, so we'll be grateful for the actual product, rather than just grateful in theory.

Ron: But I think we are very grateful.

Laura: We're always grateful.

Ron: We're grateful.

Ron: We hope you love us.

Laura: But you know what?

Laura: We're not grateful, because Grape and Teeth been races haven't caught on yet.

Laura: We do hope you love us.

Laura: Hey, we've had loads of new patrons this week, though, Ron, so people do love us.

Ron: Yeah.

Laura: Cook along with Ron is on.

Laura: We put a date in, didn't we?

Laura: We're going to do it on the 29th holiday May.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: On the bank holiday.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: Probably about 738.

Laura: Probably, yeah.

Ron: So a poll will go up as to what we want to cook.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: Ronald will be staying at my house.

Laura: So we'll just do it at my house.

Laura: Yeah, same room.

Ron: Originally it was going to be scrambled eggs, but I'm not organising this event scrambled grapes.

Ron: I'm not organising this event to then cook for less than five minutes and then it's.

Laura: That'S a relevant point.

Laura: Could you a Spanish omelette?

Ron: You just combined the words relevant and valid and you said that's a valent point.

Laura: Did I?

Ron: Yeah.

Laura: Look at me making up words like Shakespeare.

Laura: Oh, wait a minute.

Laura: That's a whole new chrome page.

Laura: Where's my other bit of internet gone?

Laura: It's too much stuff open, right?

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: So Cook along with Ron, that's on if you want to watch that and catch up.

Laura: Sorry.

Ron: You'Re so old now.

Ron: That's a whole nother crampage.

Laura: I always have too many tabs open.

Laura: Tom hates it.

Laura: He always looks at my computer and asks if I'm okay, but I just think I'll just leave everything open and then I know where things are.

Laura: But then I start extra chrome pages.

Laura: So I've got, like, the video I can see you on.

Laura: I've got us recording, I've got my notes, and then I just found a whole new brochure.

Ron: I wasn't passionate, but it just very much had the air of the retirement homes open.

Laura: But, Grandma, I wish it was.

Laura: I wish I could I was going to live somewhere where somebody brings me my meals and puts me to bed one day.

Laura: One day.

Laura: One beautiful day.

Ron: One day you'll be there taking up an NHS hospital bed.

Laura: There won't be an NHS by the time I'm that old.

Laura: I don't think there'll be an NHS in five years, let alone when I need nursing home.

Laura: I probably won't qualify for it because I've got brown hair or something.

Laura: And they'll go, oh, actually, no.

Laura: Bye.

Laura: I'm really crossed today.

Ron: Rambling.

Ron: This is going on.

Laura: Yeah, well, shut up, then.

Laura: Let me finish the notes.

Laura: Thanks, Lucy.

Laura: You were really nice on Instagram.

Laura: Sorry that you're getting thanked while I'm so crossed.

Laura: It's nothing to do with you.

Laura: Lucy left us lovely comments, say they were bingeing and had just become a patron after bingeing lots of the episodes.

Laura: So thank you.

Laura: And thank you, Violet, who bought a toaster on my recommendation and called us influencers.

Laura: I was delighted about that being an influencer before.

Laura: No, well, you weren't this time.

Laura: You didn't recommend the toaster and you didn't buy the one I recommended either.

Ron: But, Violet, I helped launch you to fame.

Laura: Did you?

Ron: Yeah, with this podcast.

Laura: I hate you.

Laura: I was quite nervous that the toaster would work out bad, but Violet says it's good.

Laura: So, hey, everybody, let's try and get some duelet sponsorship for the podcast.

Laura: Any kind of income would be brilliant.

Laura: So it's episode 48 now.

Laura: What is it?

Laura: It's sort of coming off the back of down, but the pendulum is gone.

Laura: It's the Department for Work and Energy Transfers today.

Ron: It's just the podcast at the moment is so monotonous and boring.

Laura: Every episode don't say that.

Laura: What if everybody listening?

Laura: Just goes, oh, my God, he's right by.

Ron: But it's just every episode is the same and I just argue about physics.

Laura: What are you doing?

Laura: Do you not want to do it anymore?

Ron: I want to get out of.

Ron: Maybe we should start again.

Ron: But do, like, history, English.

Laura: No, we're too far in now.

Laura: I've learned so much.

Laura: Ron, a cathode is negative.

Laura: No.

Laura: Shut up.

Laura: Okay.

Laura: God, you're making me really panic now, ron, I just don't think we should tell the listeners that every episode is the same and that it's bad.

Laura: Okay?

Laura: It's not.

Laura: Hey, listeners, why don't you tell Ron what's different?

Laura: He's crying.

Laura: Ron.

Laura: Hey, Ron.

Laura: Hey.

Laura: It's okay.

Laura: I mean, it's one thing to have private doubts about what you're doing, it's another thing to just put it in the f****** intro, I guess.

Laura: Enjoy this boring, repetitive piece of s*** episode.

Laura: Here's a sting.

Laura: It feels like ages since we did physics.

Laura: I'm going to love it.

Ron: It has been a while.

Ron: It's been almost a month since we.

Laura: Did a physics well, because of Easter special and the double biology tricko and stuff.

Laura: Yeah, we've done a physics since the tricko, haven't we?

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: 48.

Laura: Yum.

Laura: Physics.

Ron: Yum.

Laura: David, physics.

Laura: Education.

Ron: Let's get physics.

Laura: Let's get my biology.

Laura: Physics.

Ron: Laura, do you remember what we were physicology do you remember what we were studying last time when we were doing physics?

Laura: No, but if I look at the book, it will drog my memory.

Laura: But am I going to get told off for that?

Ron: Well, no, that's fine.

Ron: You don't remember?

Ron: That's cool.

Ron: So we were doing resultant forces again.

Laura: Put a starling in my back garden.

Ron: And then we talked about toasties for a while.

Laura: Oh, yeah.

Ron: You weren't happy about it.

Laura: Well, you were in a weird phase around then, Ron.

Laura: Oh, God.

Laura: It was still doing that f****** pendulum and that f****** ball, wasn't it?

Ron: Yeah.

Laura: I do remember.

Laura: We've done that lesson, like, four times.

Ron: We have.

Ron: No, we've done it three times now.

Ron: But we're moving on to something slightly different now.

Ron: We're going to move on to something called work and something and energy transfer.

Laura: Pensions.

Laura: Work and what.

Ron: No.

Ron: What would you know about that?

Ron: You self employed liberally.

Laura: Yeah, so, Laura, there is a concept work and what?

Ron: And energy transfers we're doing today.

Ron: I believe I said transfers before transfer.

Ron: So there's a concept in physics called work.

Laura: Okay, I don't want to go to work.

Laura: Work.

Laura: Let my body doing a work.

Ron: So work is essentially a measure of kind of the amount of you're going.

Laura: To sneeze for a second, then?

Ron: No, I'm trying to think of the best way to describe it, because also, you remember how we did the first time and it was out of order, which is why we've ended up doing it again.

Laura: Down.

Laura: Yeah.

Ron: Stop typing.

Laura: All the time.

Laura: We did down.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: And it was crappy.

Ron: Are you focusing now?

Ron: Do you have something important?

Laura: I'm asking you a question.

Laura: You said you remember we did down.

Laura: I'm saying, yes, we did down.

Laura: It was crappy.

Ron: Go with I asked you something else after that which you've not responded to.

Laura: Well, that's why I'm saying to you.

Laura: What's the next bit?

Ron: So, you remember when we did down and then we had to do it again because it was out of order?

Laura: Yes, you're out of order.

Laura: This whole podcast out of order.

Ron: So when we initially did it out of order, I then prepared the next physics lesson and then realised, oh, no, this is out of order, we need to go back.

Ron: So the notes that we're running through now, I wrote basically, like, nine months ago.

Ron: Wait, when did we start recording this podcast?

Ron: Yeah, like a year ago, right?

Laura: Yeah, maybe even more than that.

Ron: Yeah, so I did these notes, like, a year ago.

Laura: Is this, like, a little disclaimer for yourself?

Ron: No.

Laura: Are they just way more in depth from back when you thought, we'd get through a load?

Ron: Yeah, there is a lot more than we'll get through.

Ron: Also, I did put in more effort back then.

Laura: Yeah, your efforts dwindling, mate.

Laura: Barely a year into this self employed podcasting life.

Ron: I guess that's probably why I've got quite a nice job to fall back on.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: You don't need this to succeed like I do.

Ron: No, I do, though, in an emotional sense, because every time I get bullied by the listeners, it does kill me a little bit inside.

Laura: I don't even know.

Laura: You have never once been bullied.

Laura: You have a real victim mentality.

Laura: They're so nice to you.

Ron: That's not true.

Laura: What's anyone done that's bullied you this week?

Laura: You were mad because you said you wanted to do an Eggathon.

Laura: And somebody else was like, yeah, Ron can eat some eggs.

Laura: And you were like, Why is he picking on me?

Laura: We'll talk about you're the one that wanted to eat f****** eggs in the f****** first place.

Ron: You agreed to it.

Laura: I don't think I did.

Laura: If you listen back to the tape, I think you'll hear and see me in text messages wriggling out of any sense of an Eggathon at every second.

Ron: Do you not want 60 patrons or something?

Laura: We've got 60 patrons.

Laura: I don't want Easter the eggthon.

Laura: No, they were signed up before the Eggathon promise was dangled.

Ron: We need to work out what we're doing for the Eggathon.

Laura: You need to work out what you're doing.

Ron: I'm not doing it on my own.

Ron: That's not an Eggathon.

Laura: What is an Eggathon?

Ron: It has to be both of us.

Ron: Has to be legs.

Ron: Legs has to be both of us.

Laura: Ron, this isn't even going out until, like, end of May, early June.

Laura: Easter is so far in the rear view mirror and here we are arguing about f****** eggs.

Ron: Laura, what about this?

Ron: Right?

Ron: I've got a great idea for the Eggathon.

Ron: Some kind of competition where maybe we bring multiple choice questions to each other, and if the other person gets it wrong, they have to eat an egg.

Ron: If they get it right, you have to eat an egg.

Ron: Whoever runs out of eggs first loses.

Laura: We'll have a think.

Laura: Listen, whatever the Eggathon turned into, it's available now on the patreon.

Laura: Go to Patreon.com Selecteducation.

Laura: Find out what we did with it months ago.

Ron: Previously on Good Stuff so, Laura, there's this concept called work done in physics.

Ron: Okay?

Ron: Yes.

Laura: Okay.

Ron: Work done when a force do you remember what a force is?

Laura: Push.

Ron: A force is something that acts upon an object.

Ron: There are different types of forces.

Ron: They could be contact, non contact.

Ron: It acts upon a force, acts upon an object.

Ron: When a force causes an object to move through a distance, work is done on that object.

Laura: Okay, so it's like it's the completion of the effect of energy.

Laura: That's called work.

Ron: No, because force is not energy.

Ron: Work is energy.

Laura: Just feeling the rumblings of fury, such a waste of time.

Laura: Physics is so jobs worth.

Laura: Who the f*** cares?

Laura: Physicians, please heal thyself and find something else to do with your life than giving really complicated labels to stuff that's just like wind and normal things.

Ron: Wind and normal.

Laura: Boring.

Ron: So a force does work on an object when the force causes displacement of the object.

Laura: Okay?

Ron: So, for example, if I push a ball and it moves, can you make.

Laura: It anything other than a ball?

Laura: I hate that.

Ron: I push a men here.

Laura: Let's do it like a men here.

Laura: Like an obelix.

Ron: A men here?

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: Those big stones that obelix carries around.

Ron: No.

Ron: So if I push an egg and the egg moves, I've done work to the egg, their energy has been used.

Ron: If I dangle that egg on a yoyo string, a force is being applied to the egg through the string tension force.

Ron: But the egg is not moving, it's dangling on the string.

Ron: So no work is being done.

Laura: Okay.

Ron: Savvy?

Laura: Not even from gravity?

Ron: Well, the gravity is acting against the tension force, but it's staying still, isn't it?

Ron: Because it's tied to a string.

Laura: Yeah.

Ron: Okay, so write this down.

Laura: I've got a really pleasing collection of gel pens right here.

Laura: That's a nice combo, isn't it?

Ron: Write this down.

Ron: Work is measured work measured in joules is equal to force measured in Newtons multiplied by the distance measured in metres.

Laura: I can hear a loud pigeon.

Laura: I hate physics so much.

Ron: Have you written that down?

Laura: I think so.

Laura: I can't really remember what you said, but I've written down something very similar.

Laura: I can't remember the details, but.

Ron: What have you written down, then?

Laura: Work joules equals force newtons times distance.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: What's distance measured in?

Laura: I do not know.

Laura: Was it times, though?

Ron: Yes.

Ron: What's different?

Laura: I'm happy with that.

Laura: Kilometres.

Ron: No.

Laura: Miles?

Ron: No.

Laura: It is centimetres.

Ron: No.

Laura: Inches.

Laura: No.

Ron: Think about it, Laura.

Ron: Do we ever measure anything?

Ron: Are we measuring kilojoules or kilo newtons when we're using a formula?

Laura: No.

Ron: No.

Ron: So why would we do that when we use it when we're measuring distance?

Laura: Miles.

Ron: No, you've said kilometres.

Ron: Centimetres and millimetres.

Laura: Metres.

Ron: Yes, you bag of plankton.

Laura: Yeah, but metres is the least useful one.

Laura: F****** it's.

Ron: The international standard unit national man of baccalaureate.

Ron: So, Laurie, if I push a trolley with a force of 150 newtons seven metres down an aisle, how much work is done?

Laura: Loads.

Laura: For whoever's cleaning up what you just crashed it into at the bottom.

Laura: Everybody on the fish.

Laura: Deli is just like no sakura blur.

Laura: Who is this mad English man?

Laura: He is pushing the trolley into the organic Belgian supermarket.

Ron: We can't no delay tactics.

Laura: What do you mean, no delay tactics?

Ron: Answer the question.

Laura: What was the question?

Laura: You said all the numbers too fast and I didn't want to listen.

Ron: If I had a force of 150 newtons seven metres down an aisle, how much work is done?

Laura: 1050 joules.

Ron: Okay.

Laura: 1050 joules.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: I haven't worked out the answer.

Ron: Hang on.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: Do you see how quick I did that math in my head?

Laura: F****** rain, man.

Laura: So I've put you in a skirt now.

Laura: You don't really wear skirts.

Ron: No, I don't tend to.

Ron: So one dual of work done, Laura yeah.

Ron: Is equal to when you have a force of one Newton that causes a displacement of one metre.

Laura: Okay, say that again.

Laura: Sorry, what?

Ron: One joule of work is done when a force of one Newton causes a displacement of one metre.

Laura: One joule equals one Newton making one metre.

Ron: No, one joule of work is done when a force of one Newton causes a displacement of one metre.

Laura: Right, well, that doesn't help anything, does it?

Ron: It does.

Laura: It doesn't.

Laura: Because in the last thing, 150 times seven made 1050.

Ron: What does one times one equal?

Laura: One.

Ron: Well, then, yeah, there you go.

Laura: What?

Ron: One joule of work is done when a force of one Newton causes a displacement of one metre.

Laura: I just don't care or understand.

Ron: Well, it's just the same as 1050 joules is done when a force of 150 Newtons causes a displacement of seven metres.

Ron: One.

Ron: Dual oh, my God.

Laura: F****** sad and boring.

Laura: All of this makes me really angry.

Ron: Do you want to stop bullying to.

Laura: Make children do this?

Ron: Do you know what, though?

Ron: Do you know what, Laura?

Ron: Last time we were doing physics and I said, should we sack this off and talk about toasties for 20 minutes?

Ron: You weren't happy either.

Laura: Because, Ron, my job is not to be the peppy teacher.

Laura: That's your job.

Ron: I didn't sign up for that.

Laura: What did you sign up for, then?

Ron: Just being the teacher and probably sometimes being a bit of a d*** about it.

Laura: Yeah, you can't be a d*** every lesson.

Laura: You know that.

Laura: Physics makes me feel like pooing everywhere.

Laura: So you have to come with extra pep.

Ron: But I don't give a s*** about this.

Laura: It's all in the performance.

Ron: One dual equals one Newton metre.

Laura: Okay.

Ron: Students should be able to transfer to describe the energy transfer involved when work is done.

Laura: Yes, I can.

Ron: So, when I'm pushing my trolley down the aisle, seven metres with a force of 150 Newtons, what energy transfers are happening, please, Laura.

Laura: Trolley is rolling forward.

Laura: Your little tum tum is turning all your lentil father beans into energy.

Laura: And then it's coming out your hands.

Laura: And push forward.

Laura: Kinetic, chemical to kinetic.

Laura: And that's it, really.

Ron: Yeah.

Laura: Probably friction energy on the floor, students.

Ron: And in the wind, students should be able to convert between Newton metres and joules.

Ron: Okay, so, Laurie, if I've got 3000 Newton metres, how much joules is that?

Laura: I don't know.

Laura: Oh, 3000.

Ron: Yeah.

Laura: It's just one for one, actually.

Laura: One for one, everybody.

Ron: Because as we all know, laura, finish this with me now.

Ron: Let's speak at the same time with me.

Laura: Let's speak at the same time.

Ron: One joule of work is done with a force of one Newton.

Ron: One causes a displacement of one metre.

Laura: One metre.

Ron: Work done against the frictional forces.

Ron: Acting on an object causes a rise in the temperature of the object.

Laura: Exciting.

Laura: This is just the same stuff under a different label.

Laura: This is them padding out science.

Laura: Massively.

Laura: It's just another friction.

Laura: Makes things hot.

Laura: We f****** know, mate.

Laura: We've done this.

Laura: Don't put jewels into it and pretend it's new science.

Laura: This is just everybody knows this.

Ron: I must clarify.

Ron: You know we've spoken about jewels a lot in the past, right?

Laura: Yeah.

Ron: Okay, cool.

Ron: But no, but the thing about this is laurie yes, it is referring back to stuff we've done.

Ron: But this is the next step.

Laura: Not really.

Ron: Yeah, really, actually, because before we were.

Laura: Talking about forces.

Ron: Before we were talking about forces acting on an object.

Ron: Now we're talking about the result of those forces.

Laura: But we know it's hot.

Ron: We know all of it.

Ron: It's GCSE.

Laura: I think that's why physics is boring, is because it's just being it's.

Laura: It's like a really boring way of explaining domestic tediosity.

Ron: You don't understand or know any of this.

Laura: I do.

Laura: I understand that if I rub something, it gets hot, but do you not.

Ron: Remember all of the arguments we had about the lady rolling the ball down the hill?

Laura: I know what happens to a f****** ball.

Ron: You don't know what happens to the forces that are acting upon it.

Laura: I don't need to know, Ron.

Ron: You do to pass a GCSE.

Ron: A chocolateyne.

Laura: You call me a chocolate dime.

Laura: He said chocolate.

Laura: I thought you a chocolate dime.

Laura: That's a cute little angry nickname for me.

Laura: Adorable.

Ron: No, didn't say that.

Laura: Jesus.

Laura: E your chocolate dime.

Laura: I'd love to be a chocolate dime.

Ron: We're going to move on from work done now.

Laura: Okay.

Ron: You confident you'll be able to pass a quiz all about work done.

Laura: Just probably not, Ron.

Laura: But I can't bear it.

Laura: I cannot bear it.

Ron: Okay.

Laura: We're going to move on every day.

Laura: And physics is so interminably slow and s*** and dry.

Ron: We're going to move on to the next thing, then, okay?

Laura: Okay.

Ron: 6.5.3 forces and elasticity.

Laura: Elasticity.

Laura: All right.

Ron: Elasticity is a fun word to say.

Laura: Yes.

Laura: Elasticity.

Laura: Elasticity.

Laura: Like Birmingham, but stretchy.

Ron: Students should be able to she's a great character.

Ron: Mom and dad maybe watch a bunch of Pixar movies at the weekend.

Laura: You don't sound happy about it.

Ron: No, they kept on saying to me, like, you must have seen that one.

Ron: No, I haven't seen any of these.

Ron: I don't have any kids.

Laura: Yeah, but you don't need kids to watch Pixel movies.

Ron: But I don't think it can be assumed that you've just seen them if you don't.

Laura: Have you met Mum and dad?

Ron: They love them.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: Tom, can you feed Mackie before you go?

Ron: Yeah, sure.

Ron: He didn't sound happy about that.

Laura: No.

Laura: If she doesn't eat now, then I'm going to have to feed her just as I'm going out the door and then she's going to need a poop.

Ron: Students should be able to give examples of the forces involved in stretching, bending or compressing an object.

Laura: Okay.

Ron: So if I stretch an object clora, what forces are involved?

Laura: Tension.

Ron: Yes.

Ron: And what's working against that tension?

Laura: Just wanting to go back to normal.

Ron: If I'm stretching something, the tension is going to be within the object, trying to bring it back to normal.

Laura: Oh, that is the going back to normal.

Laura: Okay, potential then.

Ron: That's a type of energy, not a force.

Laura: Oh, pulling.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: What's happening now?

Laura: What do you mean?

Ron: Sounds like Tom's feeding the dog, blending.

Laura: Her food, he's boiling some water to make her a little bit of gravy goodness.

Ron: What about bending?

Laura: Come on Ron.

Laura: Peppet, Peppet.

Laura: Do it, do it, do it, do it.

Ron: For some reason I feel really uncomfortable about doing it when he's in the room, even though he can't hear you.

Laura: You know that other people are listening to this though.

Laura: Is Tom the only audience member you really want?

Laura: Because he'll never listen to it.

Laura: He said he hates me.

Ron: No, I'd like but I want.

Ron: Tom knows the real you said it's worse.

Laura: What you said is you can't listen to it because it's too much like being around me.

Laura: That's not kind for a husband to say about a wife.

Ron: Laura, I got a new tattoo.

Laura: Oh cool.

Ron: It's a tiger.

Laura: What is it?

Laura: A tiger.

Laura: That's cool.

Ron: Yeah, but split up into four bits in a cool way.

Laura: Oh no.

Laura: A vivisection tiger.

Ron: Quadrasection.

Laura: Oh.

Laura: Ron.

Ron: Do you reckon you could do that with bending and compressing objects?

Laura: Compressing.

Laura: Well that's push, isn't it going against tension?

Laura: I guess.

Laura: Again, yes.

Ron: Where's the tension coming from?

Laura: It wants to go back out.

Laura: Maybe that's potential.

Laura: No, that's energy.

Laura: Again, potential is an energy, it's push and pull against each other.

Laura: What's pulling the outsides of the object, trying to get back.

Ron: Do you know the old number one hit by Sir Isaac Newton?

Ron: For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

Laura: Well that's why I said push and pull.

Ron: But no but, it's push and push, push against it.

Ron: Because if I'm pushing and you're pulling, then we're going to move in the same direction, aren't we?

Laura: Oh yeah.

Laura: Okay.

Laura: Push and push.

Laura: I don't know about bending if I bend a bit of cardboard.

Laura: Don't know.

Ron: No, I don't either.

Ron: It's not in the syllabus.

Laura: Why did you say it then?

Ron: Because it's in the syllabus.

Ron: But it says students should be able to give examples of the forces involved in stretching, bending or compressing an object.

Ron: It doesn't say what those forces are.

Laura: Oh, let's forget about bending then.

Laura: Who's bending in this day and age?

Laura: Not us, I'm 36 now, I'm not bending.

Ron: The lady is not for bending.

Ron: Explain why.

Ron: To change the shape of an object by stretching, bending or compressing more than one force has to be applied.

Ron: This is limited to stationary objects only.

Laura: What?

Ron: Explain.

Laura: Oh, I guess because, like, if I had some plasticine and I just pushed it, it would just move along the work top.

Laura: So I've got to put my other hand on the other side of it in order to squash it.

Ron: Yes.

Ron: Very nice.

Ron: Now, Laura, describe the difference between elastic deformation and inelastic deformation caused by stretching forces.

Laura: Well, I guess one returns back to its original shape, and the other one just sort of stays crumpled.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: Or maybe it doesn't even quite return to its original shape, but there is at least the elastic force schlupping it back in.

Laura: Yeah.

Ron: Well done, Laura.

Laura: I'm very flexible.

Laura: Did you know that I'm hypermobile?

Ron: No, I didn't know that, and I don't want to know that.

Ron: The extension of an elastic object such.

Laura: I have to be very careful when I work out because my muscles will overextend.

Laura: I can hurt myself very easily.

Ron: That sounds one of your friends.

Ron: I actually have to be really careful when I work out because sometimes my muscles are too strong and I hurt myself.

Laura: It's not too strong, Ron.

Laura: It's just that I can over bend, so I don't have, like, a stiff crunch.

Ron: These reps.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: The doctor said my pecs would be too sick if I kept doing it like this.

Laura: They're actually a danger to people's eyes because they're so hard.

Laura: If you brushed against me, you'd die.

Ron: The extension of an elastic object line, such as a spring is directly proportional to the force applied, provided that the limit of proportionality is not exceeded.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: Okay, so don't break this linky.

Ron: So what that's basically saying is that.

Laura: Springs have arranged remember I've got cold pizza in the fridge?

Ron: Noise.

Laura: We've done an episode where I've eaten cold pizza before.

Ron: I'm making dirty b**** pasta today.

Laura: Oh, God.

Laura: What's?

Laura: Dirty b****?

Laura: Full of ice cream and eggs.

Laura: What is in it?

Ron: No, well, there are eggs in it, actually, but in more of a carbonara kind of way than I don't really know what you're expecting.

Ron: It's like the mixture of two different sauces.

Ron: One that's kind of like tomatoey with sausage, and then the other one's basically just carbonara.

Ron: But it sounds delicious.

Laura: All right.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: What this is basically saying is that springs have a range of which they'll work.

Ron: If you stretch them too far, they break.

Ron: But if I it's how do I explain this?

Ron: If I doubled the distance I'd stretched the spring, I would have to double the force applied to it.

Ron: It's proportional.

Ron: If I stretched it four times as much, it would take four times the force.

Ron: Okay.

Laura: Yeah.

Ron: So we have a formula for this as well.

Laura: Oh, who cares?

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: What is it?

Laura: Force equals stretch times one to one.

Ron: So force equals the spring constant times extension.

Laura: Spring constant.

Laura: Not like that.

Laura: Summer ephemeral.

Ron: Force is obviously measured.

Ron: In Newtons.

Ron: We know this.

Ron: Newtons per capita, the spring constant, actually, the extension work out what the spring constant is measured in.

Ron: I'm not going to say anything until you've worked it out.

Ron: Why would it be juuls?

Laura: Because it's ping backedness, which is potential energy.

Ron: But that's not working anything out, is it?

Ron: That's having a little guess.

Laura: No, I worked that out.

Ron: How?

Laura: Well, it's the only one left out of the work equals force times distance.

Ron: But we're not doing work equals force times distance.

Laura: No.

Laura: Now, force equals spring constants, work times extension.

Laura: Yeah, but extension is kind of distance, isn't it?

Ron: Yeah.

Laura: So it feels mean if we just leave out jewels.

Ron: Different thing, though, in it?

Laura: Well, I don't think that that logic was unsound, so there you go.

Laura: Do you really want to eat my cold pizza now?

Ron: We'll be done soon.

Laura: So it's not Jules, then?

Ron: No, I've said no several times.

Ron: Those weren't trick nose.

Laura: Trick nose?

Laura: The spring constant.

Laura: Is it something I've already heard of?

Ron: No.

Ron: Work it out.

Laura: What do you mean, work it out?

Ron: Like we've done with basically every formula that we've ever had.

Ron: You can make the unit, for one thing out of the other things.

Ron: Do you remember when we said that joules is equal to Newton metres?

Ron: That wasn't just saying billy bags are equal to scum pockets.

Ron: That is something that you can work out from the formula.

Laura: But I thought we were working out the formula.

Laura: Force equals spring constant times extension.

Ron: I tickled myself.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: So what's force measured in Newtons?

Ron: What's extension measured in probably M's metres.

Ron: Yeah, so what's the last one measured in?

Laura: N's over ms.

Laura: Newtons per metre.

Ron: Newtons per metre.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: See.

Laura: What feels like a silly equation?

Laura: Newtons equals newtons per metre.

Laura: Times metre.

Ron: But no, those are just the units, aren't they?

Laura: I thought you said it was force equals spring constant times extension.

Ron: It is, but those are just the units that we use to work these things out.

Ron: Right, because both sides of the equation have to be the same.

Ron: So Newtons equals Newtons over m times m.

Ron: That's an equation.

Laura: Oh, yeah, that makes sense.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: How long have we been recording?

Laura: You just rubbing your b****?

Laura: Yeah, we've been recording for 35 minutes.

Ron: I think that's probably a good place to maybe yeah, it's a bit of an awkward nugget, but yeah, I think we should leave it there.

Laura: The awkward nugget.

Ron: Okay, well, thanks for listening to that.

Laura: Empty beans.

Ron: That was let's do a little bit of a sneak peek.

Ron: So next up, fortress motion.

Ron: So that's going to be more of the f****** same.

Ron: God, that's a long bit as well.

Ron: Forces and breaking momentum.

Laura: Science teacher.

Ron: Oh, then we go into waves.

Ron: That might be a bit better.

Laura: Oh, the sea.

Ron: Yeah, caused by the moon, obviously.

Laura: Moon.

Laura: Anyway, there was lightning there.

Laura: I just saw some lightning.

Laura: Okay, Ron, listen, I'm going to smash this quiz up the wazoo.

Ron: Enjoy your cold pizza, Laura.

Laura: Thank you, Ron.

Ron: Bye bye.

Laura: All right, it's a quiz.

Laura: It's a post Eggathon quiz.

Ron: A can you remember what we were studying last time, Laura?

Laura: Physics.

Ron: Yep.

Laura: And it was maths one, wasn't it?

Laura: It was f***.

Laura: It was literally two days ago.

Laura: What was it?

Ron: It was PE, though.

Laura: It was pushing and pulling forces, stretching and slinkies and stuff, wasn't it?

Ron: Sure.

Laura: That was what it was.

Laura: It's not resultant forces that's the ball, but like reactionary forces or something.

Laura: Reactant forces?

Ron: No, just saying things.

Ron: No, we did work done, energy transfers and then we talked a bit about elasticity.

Laura: Elasticity?

Laura: Yeah, work and energy transfers.

Laura: Work done.

Laura: Yeah, I remember.

Ron: God, I'm so full of egg.

Ron: Starting to get quite lethargic.

Ron: Maybe I need more water.

Laura: Yeah, I have some water.

Laura: I'm having a twirl horrible egg business.

Laura: Yeah, work done.

Laura: I remember.

Laura: That all now.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: Okay, so the quiz, you're going to think it's another one of those weeks where I phoned in the quiz, but it's actually not.

Ron: It's just we covered not a lot of content last time.

Laura: Oh, we did.

Ron: No, we didn't.

Ron: So, Laura, number one question.

Ron: What's the formula for work done?

Laura: Work done equals force measured in Newtons times distance measured in metres.

Ron: Well done.

Laura: Work done.

Laura: And what you work well done?

Ron: Force.

Ron: Sorry?

Ron: Is work measured in work is.

Laura: Pardon?

Laura: Jewels.

Ron: Yes, jewels.

Ron: Very well done.

Ron: Ding.

Ron: One mark to ye.

Laura: My dingling.

Ron: Question number two.

Ron: What unit is equal to a dual?

Ron: We talked about it last time.

Laura: A Newton metre.

Ron: Yes, well done.

Ron: Well done indeed.

Ron: Another ding for thee, Laura.

Ron: I'm going to do 4000 jewels of work pushing a ball.

Ron: 2.3.

Laura: Your fencing arm is going to be so tired.

Ron: Pushing a ball.

Laura: Jeweling makes me think of Richie Rich.

Laura: I love that film.

Laura: Yeah, it's a good film, Cadbury.

Ron: Very good film.

Laura: You get that snuffle thing for looking at presents in the plane.

Laura: Titanium nitrate trosphate.

Laura: It's a bomb.

Ron: I do 4000 joules of work pushing a ball 2.3 metres.

Ron: How much force was I applying?

Laura: Hang on, I think I need to do some work.

Laura: And out.

Laura: Right.

Laura: You did what now?

Laura: Ronnie?

Laura: You did 4000 joules of work?

Ron: Yes.

Laura: Yeah.

Ron: Yes.

Laura: Pushing a ball.

Laura: Two point watt metres.

Ron: Three.

Laura: What was the one, though?

Ron: How much force I was applying?

Laura: That's a good question.

Laura: It's a question for the ages.

Laura: It's a question that men will puzzle over.

Laura: It's a question I need a calculator for now.

Laura: Not only have I got an eggy throat, I've got a sticky chocolatey mouth, rotten, horrible girl, and the poo ID later is going to be so nasty.

Laura: Might even be tomorrow now, but it's going to be horrible.

Laura: Um, so to get the force out, you've got to divide both sides by the distance.

Laura: So I reckon it's 4000 divided by 2.3.

Laura: So 1739 newtons.

Ron: Yep.

Ron: Well, yes, very nice.

Ron: Very nice.

Laura: Why, she loved that chocolate orange.

Laura: Twelve.

Laura: I love chocolate orange.

Laura: Laura, did I tell you Steven, one of the fabrats bought me a chocolate orange to my gig the other day?

Ron: I saw it on Twitter.

Laura: Delicious.

Ron: Laura, why can't one force change the shape of an object?

Laura: Because you just push it around.

Laura: You have to have a resisting force to squash it or pull it.

Ron: Yes, you just move it.

Ron: Another ding for you, Laura?

Laura: Yes.

Ron: Last question.

Laura: Very low energy, given that I'm really doing well here.

Ron: Full of egg.

Laura: Yeah.

Ron: Feel a bit sick.

Laura: Me too.

Laura: My eggs are so dry.

Ron: Imagine if we tried to eat twelve.

Laura: Ron, everybody knew that eating twelve eggs was a horrific idea.

Ron: Think of the protein, though.

Laura: Yeah, that's true.

Ron: Laura, last question.

Ron: True or false?

Laura: Okay.

Ron: True or false?

Ron: The extension of an elastic object has a you okay?

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: There's quite a lot of lunch under the eggs and like a meringue.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: I've got like a sedimentary layer of eggs that's settling on the granite lunch and it's just messing with everything in there.

Ron: In thousands of years, geologists are going to wonder what happened in your stomach.

Laura: Yeah, imagine that though, you know, like they did that like they they like after pompeii and they did find the condensed people's stomachs and stuff.

Laura: Imagine if two idiots had just done an egg, a thumb.

Laura: That was so messy.

Laura: Science ever.

Laura: Just what were these two people doing?

Laura: Just they had eight eggs each.

Laura: Oh, they must have.

Laura: Maybe it was some kind of ritual.

Laura: Maybe they were about to go on a big hunt.

Laura: No, they were just trying me loads of heads together.

Ron: You are so giddy with heck.

Laura: Yeah, I am.

Ron: Don't drink while your hiccup being egg giddy.

Laura: Giddy eggs.

Laura: Oh my giddy eggs.

Ron: That's it.

Ron: No.

Ron: Goodness.

Ron: So, Laura, true or false?

Ron: True or false?

Ron: The extension of an elastic object, such as a spring, is directly exponential to the force applied.

Laura: What?

Ron: True or false?

Ron: The extension of an elastic object is directly exponential to the force applied.

Laura: Yeah, true.

Ron: No, it's not.

Laura: No, it's there's so much horrible body stuff happening.

Laura: You really looked down your arm then to see what had gone out.

Laura: Did the egg come out?

Laura: Little eggy sneezes.

Ron: Goodness.

Ron: The extension of an object is directly proportional, not exponential to the force apply.

Laura: What's the difference?

Ron: Oh, God.

Ron: Proportional would mean if I apply the.

Laura: Least.

Ron: Get through it so he can go vomit eggs.

Ron: The extent directly proportional would mean if I would mean that if I applied twice as much force, it would extend twice as much exponential be I think.

Laura: On professional podcasts they'd pause now and reset and then come back to recording.

Laura: But I do think it loses something.

Laura: Oh, if you just found a bit of egg are you rat mackie's?

Ron: Directly exponential would be if I did twice as much force and then it got four times as extended.

Laura: All right.

Laura: Okay.

Laura: We need to stop.

Ron: Yeah, that's.

Laura: You'Re right there, but.

Ron: Not.

Laura: Well.

Laura: Ron, how did you feel about that boring Robes crap episode?

Laura: I liked it.

Laura: I think it was really nice.

Ron: Episode 49 and texted you to say it was a good one.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: And then you just tanked it live.

Ron: I just think that the syllabus at the moment.

Laura: Well, say the f****** syllabus, then.

Laura: Don't say the podcast.

Laura: Slag the syllabus, by all means.

Laura: We've been doing it for a year.

Laura: You can't get from the inside now.

Laura: That'd be like Joe Rogan turning up to his and going, do you know, I just make s*** up to make you listen.

Laura: It's all bollocks.

Laura: Vaccines are fine.

Ron: I think we'll get away with it.

Ron: I don't think people will notice.

Laura: Good quiet sip there.

Ron: Thank you.

Ron: I'm in the quiet chair as well.

Laura: Wow.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: Appetite for dissidents is crushed.

Laura: Wow, you are bleak today.

Laura: Yeah, this is going to be a lot.

Laura: So, anyway, we chat a lot about the Eggathon in this episode.

Laura: That Eggathon has now happened.

Laura: We did a quiz and ate a lot of eggs.

Laura: Go to Patreon.com Lexxeducation to view or listen to it.

Laura: You can watch it cook along with Ron 29.

Laura: May we'll stick that up on the Patreon?

Laura: A little link.

Laura: We'll probably do it on YouTube, I think.

Laura: And we'll leave the video up so you can watch it even if you're not there.

Laura: Live.

Laura: Last week's possible titles.

Laura: Lots of people guessed that newsflash we're inept might have been one.

Laura: Apparently one of the ones from this week will be Newsflash We're Bullshit and Repetitive.

Laura: Other options were poke them somewhere.

Laura: A child puts their grubby mitts when the child comes up yank.

Laura: We didn't do that one.

Laura: Just in case we found some wrong ends in the googling Foodle.

Laura: Is my noodle.

Laura: The Electrolyte orchestra a joke so wrong.

Ron: That your boss that got guessed as well.

Laura: See, how can you think our podcast isn't very good?

Laura: And a banana in the dark like a sad man.

Ron: Nobody said that one.

Ron: But there were banana related guesses.

Laura: Yeah, the banana was particularly weird.

Laura: And I think now that that episode has run into this intro, you can see Ron slide back into depression.

Laura: So that's going to be fun for the second year of Lexx education, isn't it?

Laura: We watched Ron slowly realise that he's not okay.

Laura: Hey, but do you know some people that are okay?

Laura: It's the people that have signed up to the Patreon to help us finance the podcast.

Laura: Today we are thanking Graham.

Laura: Thanks, Graham.

Laura: Graham invented the billy bag converter that converts them perfectly into scum pockets.

Laura: On the surface, it seems like a nice above board business, but under the surface, he is using exchange rates to manipulate the billy bag market.

Ron: And a big thank you to mystic.

Ron: Over Dusky.

Ron: Over dusky.

Laura: Never known.

Ron: I always just never know.

Ron: Yeah, mystic.

Ron: Big up mystic, who works at the publishing house that Laura will use to publish the s*** books of science that she is going to put out.

Ron: Mystic is to try and sabotage Laura so that the books never actually get made.

Laura: We really just want to thank Squirrels for Short.

Laura: Squirrels for Short is five squirrels in a coat pretending that they understand English and the concept of podcasting.

Ron: And finally, a huge thank you to Erin Bartram.

Ron: The issuer of Lexx education, qualifications, s*** levels, they are worthless.

Laura: Lovely.

Laura: I should say the first Graham.

Laura: Graham.

Laura: That was Graham Smith.

Laura: Sorry, I don't know why I didn't say your surname, but just in case, there's, like, two Graham's listening, like, is that my job?

Laura: I don't know.

Laura: There you go.

Laura: You're the Billy bad converter.

Laura: So, hey, thanks, everyone.

Laura: Thanks for another tedious piece of crap episode that you wasted your life listening to.

Laura: And apparently I've diverted my career to make for no reason because Ron hates it.

Ron: Class dismissed.

No comments:

Post a Comment