Lexx Education - Episode Index

Episode 1 - Biology - A Lego Brick Full of Meccano                          Introduction to cells. Episode 2 - Chemistry - Bob Marley and th...

Monday 13 March 2023

Cheese Pipe of a Man

Laura: Hello and welcome to Lexx Education, the comedy science podcast, where comedian me, Laura Lexx tries to learn science from her Viennese brother, Ron.

Ron: Oh, gutentag. Ich bien Ron.

Laura: Ron's in Vienna today.

Ron: How are you doing, Laura?

Laura: I'm fine. Although I'd forgotten that we were videoing this and I feel a little bit like Andrew Tate wearing my dressing gown.

Laura: Like our little booze shelf in the background in the fireplace behind me.

Laura: I just feel like a bit of a creep.

Ron: Yeah, it's a vibe you're cultivating there.

Ron: How do you feel about subjugating women?

Laura: It's not my favourite, but if you've got to subjugate anyone, they're used to it, aren't they?

Ron: Yeah, they take it on the gym.

Ron: They love it.

Laura: How are you, Ron?

Ron: Yeah, I'm good, thanks.

Ron: I'm enjoying a chill weekend of board games, coffee.

Laura: I bought Framework the other day.

Ron: Yes, I think you revealed that on the last record.

Laura: Did I?

Ron: Yeah.

Laura: I haven't lost to Tom as much as I lost to you guys, but he is better than me.

Laura: Very early on.

Laura: Spatial awareness, man.

Laura: It's not my forte.

Ron: No, you're not good at planning or spatial stuff?

Laura: I am good at planning things, but just not spatial visual things.

Laura: No, I'm not good at visual imagination at all.

Laura: And that's 80% of being good at Framework.

Ron: That doesn't that much.

Ron: You just make big box of the same colour.

Laura: Yeah, but then I make impulsive bad decisions all the time.

Ron: Yeah, so that's your problem.

Laura: I'm very impulsive.

Ron: Just get eight green ones together and then any green dots you have if you score.

Laura: Yeah, but then what if one that wants to be with green?

Laura: That's yellow sneaks in.

Laura: I want to put it there.

Ron: That's dumb dun time.

Laura: Dumb dun time.

Laura: Anyway.

Laura: Hello.

Laura: Welcome to the episode.

Ron: Listen, it's an early record.

Laura: It is an early record.

Laura: It's first thing in the morning on a Saturday.

Laura: We should be watching cartoons, not doing our science homework.

Laura: This is bullshit.

Ron: Eating Cocoa Pops.

Laura: We don't have enough milk for cereal this morning, so I had crumpets.

Ron: I ate lots of eggs on bread.

Laura: I ate lots of eggs.

Laura: How do you say normal stuff and sale it's such a creep.

Ron: It's just the way my mouth works.

Laura: Now, listen, we're thinking of trying a new thing this week.

Laura: We don't know how this is going to work, but hopefully this will be a nice little thing.

Laura: We are somewhere around the 40 patrons mark, which is lovely.

Laura: Thank you to everybody that signed up, but obviously we're looking to grow that to make this podcast profitable.

Laura: So we thought, let's see if we can hit 50 patrons by Friday.

Laura: And if we can, we're going to drop an extra bonus episode this month.

Ron: What?

Laura: Yeah, so it's the perfect reason to test out seeing how great supporting us makes you feel and it's going to make you feel good.

Laura: We have an episode locked and loaded.

Laura: It was meant to be going out at the beginning of April, but if we can hit 50 patrons before Friday, you can have it two weeks early and you'll still get another one at the beginning of April.

Laura: We'll just throw this bonus one in there.

Laura: So it's a great episode.

Laura: I spend 45 minutes explaining laughter, theory and humour to Ron.

Laura: So looking at some studies into laughter and what that is and why humans do it, and we have a great argument and chat about it in a bit of a role reversal episode.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: And we've actually got quite a lot of content locked and loaded to go on the Patreon.

Ron: So the more of you sign up, we might just be doing two a month generally, if we get some more.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: So, look, we would love to release it early and we would love to have more patrons.

Laura: We would love this to be a little podcast that goes and goes and becomes a nice little community of happy people, and it's affordable for us to do.

Laura: So please join Patreon.

Laura: Patreon.Com/Lexxeducation.

Laura: And if we can hit that 50 mark by Friday, bam.

Laura: A little gift will appear in the stream.

Laura: Plus, you'll also, if you're not currently a member and you sign up now, you'll get the two previous bonus episodes as well.

Laura: So there you go.

Laura: Also, a quick note.

Laura: If you're in London and you like me, I've got a preview tomorrow night of my show, Pest, Formerly motherfigure, and that is at Camden Head tomorrow night, Tuesday, unless you're listening to this after the day of release, in which case you're not a real fan, f*** off.

Laura: And it's happened now, so don't go to the Camden Head tomorrow.

Ron: And, Laura, edit this back in two before, but Patreon's only £3 a month.

Ron: That's less than your average meal deal.

Laura: So I tell you what, one, I won't edit that in before I'll leave it there, but if people sign up to the patron, I'll have the time to start editing this properly.

Ron: All right, what's your dream meal deal, Laura?

Laura: Well, meal deal really makes me think boots.

Laura: And back in the day, when I used to get a lot of boots meal deals, when I worked at steamer trading, I'd have the smoothie, a chicken Caesar wrap and some sort of salt and mining or crisp.

Laura: Probably a hula hoops.

Ron: You do love a hulu.

Laura: I do.

Laura: I love a Hula Hoops.

Ron: You always used to get really angry at me feeding all the Hula Hoops in your house.

Laura: Did I?

Ron: Yeah, those are my lunch hoops.

Laura: I don't like to share things that I don't know I'm sharing.

Laura: Tom and I have been talking about that a lot lately.

Laura: I don't know what happened in my childhood, but I really like to hoard my own stuff and I need to know what I've got.

Laura: And if someone takes something, I wasn't expecting them to take it makes me furious.

Ron: Yes, because you're our mum.

Laura: Okay.

Ron: You never eaten some cheese out of the fridge at Mum and dad, and she's gotten in trouble for it, even though there's way more cheese, and cheese is readily available at most major retailers.

Laura: Yeah, but you won't go and get any more cheese.

Laura: No, but exactly.

Ron: I was a small boy.

Laura: Well, then do a podcast with her and talk to her about it.

Ron: But I'm not doing recorded release.

Laura: Therapy with mom could be agony.

Laura: Dad and therapy with mom.

Laura: Carl and I were also talking about cheese last night because I was saying that the idea of just biting into a block of Cheddar makes me feel physically sick.

Laura: I hate the idea of cheddar cheese being all over my teeth, and I'll only eat cheddar cheese if it's melted or very, very thin because I hate the sort of it being on my teeth.

Laura: And then this morning, he went to freak me out by just biting a block of cheddar out of the fridge.

Ron: That is Tom's dream, to freak you out.

Ron: And he just gets me a mouthful of Jet.

Ron: No, I'm with you on that.

Ron: The texture of cheese is not something you just want to bite into.

Laura: Yeah, no hateful.

Ron: Now, water segue.

Ron: There's lots of cheese talk in this episode.

Ron: Lots of poo talk.

Ron: And there's a weird energy in the episode as well.

Ron: We've been going far too long in this intro.

Ron: I think it's probably key.

Ron: Takeaways don't eat.

Ron: Laura's Hoops.

Ron: Camden Head, 14 march.

Ron: Sign up to the patreon.

Ron: Buy us a meal deal a month.

Laura: That's why you started talking about meal deals.

Ron: Actually less than a meal deal, because tragically meal deals are now three pound 50.

Ron: Not that you can get meal deals in the trash country I live in.

Laura: I saw a thing on Twitter the other day, though, that was claiming that public transport in Brussels was free, and I was like, I don't think it is.

Laura: I've been there.

Ron: It's free one day a year.

Laura: And do they have a mystery bus?

Ron: What's a mystery bus?

Laura: A bus that goes to Mystery.

Laura: That's what this tweet said.

Ron: No, they have a bus that goes to Wiener.

Ron: The wiener bus.

Ron: The Wiener bus always makes me laugh.

Ron: My dream me a deal.

Ron: Not that you asked.

Ron: Classic triple from Sainsbury's.

Ron: That comes with a pruner, a chicken salad and no, wait.

Ron: And a BLT.

Ron: Then I actually wouldn't when I worked in the office, I actually wouldn't get a meal do.

Ron: What I do is I just get that every day and then get a multi select pack for my points.

Ron: But that's not the question that we're asking.

Laura: Do you eat a whole multi select pack every day?

Ron: No, I take one packet out a day because I never wanted to drink.

Ron: I like just drinking water.

Laura: That's why I'd get a smoothie, because that's basically another food.

Ron: Yeah, yeah.

Ron: But I'm much younger and healthier.

Ron: So by the time I was doing meal deals and stuff at the office, the smoothies weren't a given.

Ron: They were only in tesco's and the sandwich section at Tesco was not so good.

Ron: Tesco's.

Laura: Brilliant.

Laura: Well, there you go, everyone.

Laura: All of the classic roundup of meal deals from about eight years ago.

Laura: Now, a science lesson.

Laura: Sure.

Laura: What is this?

Ron: Lovely.

Laura: Okay.

Laura: Recording.

Laura: Hi, Ron.

Ron: Hello.

Ron: You ready?

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: I'm just trying to decide whether to start my notes on the right hand page, because biology last week, I didn't make very many notes, as was reflected in coverage content.

Laura: So I think I will make my notes on the same page.

Laura: I don't want to waste a leaf.

Laura: How are you, Ron?

Ron: I'm very busy.

Ron: I had nine meetings today.

Laura: Meetings are so draining.

Laura: And then you haven't actually achieved anything at the end of them.

Ron: No, that's not true.

Ron: I'm very good at meetings.

Laura: Undermine me.

Laura: Undermine me, why don't you?

Ron: Well, I mean, my whole job is meetings.

Laura: Yeah.

Ron: I have meetings professionally.

Laura: Hey, professional meeting habit.

Ron: I professionally do meetings and email meetings.

Laura: Beatings, bleedings.

Laura: What's that from?

Laura: Sorry, Ms Jenny.

Ron: The same thing.

Ron: Well, that's a great yeah, outcasts are so good.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: That's why I signed them to my record label.

Ron: I was about to tell a story from a different podcast, but that's not content.

Laura: Why do you give the podcast a shout out and then people can cheque it out?

Ron: Because it's the complete guy.

Laura: They do that 100 shoutouts.

Ron: Yeah, we talk about them too much.

Laura: Like raining, how much?

Laura: I talk and tweet about them because I'm like, I don't want to be a weirdo, but I love them.

Laura: My dream would be that one day they start listening to this podcast.

Laura: What would you do if they showed up on our patreon?

Laura: Would you just poop your pants?

Laura: Because I wish I'll post you some pants so you can poop in.

Laura: This is a weird sign.

Ron: Weird energy.

Laura: It's a Friday afternoon lesson.

Ron: Yes.

Ron: Right.

Ron: We're doing chemistry.

Ron: Can you remember what we did in our last chemistry episode?

Laura: No, that's the last one I edited.

Laura: I can't run.

Laura: Let me cheque the notes.

Laura: What's in the book?

Laura: I've tried to write opposite upside down.

Laura: I tell you what, the notes for that episode basically look like a rundown of everything we've learned so far.

Laura: So hopefully it was just a recheck.

Ron: Yeah, I think that happens in Syllabuses.

Ron: No, we were doing Reactivity series and I mean, all of this plays into each other because that's just how the world works.

Ron: But I think Reactivity does.

Ron: Yeah, it factors into a lot of, like especially the early chemistry stuff we did.

Ron: So we're going to finish that off and then depending on how long that takes, we're going to move on to a bit of another thing.

Ron: But as I said, I've been very busy today, so it's research light.

Ron: But then I know a lot about what we're talking about.

Laura: He's just smart little boy, full of chemistry knowledge.

Ron: Nice.

Ron: It had a good, like, Naughty's indeed vibe to it.

Laura: Thank you.

Laura: Yeah, but one batty.

Ron: Me and a mate argue about whether we saw the warm bats at a festival, but we were so messed up.

Laura: Can you go back and search what festival was it and what year it was?

Ron: Reading Festival, maybe 2016, maybe 2015.

Laura: Right.

Ron: Saw the red Hot chilli peppers.

Laura: Did you, though?

Ron: Yeah, definitely saw them.

Ron: Because my mate wanted to go f****** see two door cinema club.

Ron: Who they?

Ron: You know, like, I don't mind a two Door Cinema Club song, but you're not going to leave the f****** Red Hot Chilli peppers to go see Two Door Cinema Club.

Ron: And then it was just the two of us at the festival because he won free tickets.

Ron: And then he was like, okay, we'll watch half of this and then we'll go see Two Door Cinema Club.

Ron: And then it got to halfway through and then and then it was like he was like, all right, come on, time to go.

Ron: And then you just hear from the front, daniel Neon bin Laden.

Ron: He's like, well, we can't leave as California Katie.

Ron: We got to stay here.

Ron: That happened for an hour and a half when it kept on playing banger after banger.

Ron: Yeah, it was awesome.

Ron: Anyway, so, yeah, we're going to finish with a bit of that.

Ron: We're going to do the extraction of metal and reduction.

Ron: I think we briefly covered oxidation and reduction last time.

Ron: Can you remember what those are?

Laura: Oxidation is where oxygen fuses with the metal.

Laura: I E.

Laura: Frigginous oxide rust.

Laura: It's something like that.

Ron: Iron oxide is.

Laura: Okay.

Laura: Similar.

Laura: And reduction is when oxygen leaves a metal.

Ron: Yes, exactly.

Laura: You look a very slim, Ron.

Laura: If you lost weight, your eyes look bigger.

Ron: Yeah, I've been going to the gym.

Laura: Yeah, your eyes look big.

Laura: You look like a Disney princess.

Ron: Thanks.

Ron: Also, I didn't eat a lot in Mexico.

Ron: It's the only holiday I've ever been on.

Ron: Lost weight.

Laura: Wow.

Laura: Is that because you were just pooping out all the cheese, though?

Laura: Because from the photos you sent me, everything you ate was cheese.

Ron: No, actually, I got a bit of travellers tummy, but that was very much like bacterial, the gust coming out of me.

Ron: It was awful.

Ron: And then some of the hotels we were staying in, there was no door in between the toilet and the bedroom.

Ron: That's sexy holiday.

Laura: Oh, my God.

Laura: The thing is, Judith is like a really successful, fit woman.

Laura: What is she doing with this cheese?

Laura: Bite of a man.

Ron: But anyway, no, it wasn't to do the cheese.

Ron: That was all fine.

Ron: No.

Laura: Why did you keep denying it's about the cheese?

Laura: Ron, you're allergic to cheese.

Ron: Oh, because I know I know the difference.

Laura: My heart knows the difference.

Ron: No, I think it was the jet lag, I think my body didn't know when to eat and then I just never got hungry.

Laura: Right.

Laura: When a meal I've never heard of jet lag.

Laura: Making someone s*** themselves inside out.

Ron: Like I say, I only s*** for two days because of this.

Ron: Like I said, I got travellers tummy once.

Ron: You don't listen.

Ron: Right, let's start getting sidetracked.

Ron: Extraction of metals is what we're going to be talking about today.

Laura: Mining.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: What can you think is the common theme of the metals that, like, early humans were aware of?

Ron: Your gods, your silvers, your ions, these things bit shiny.

Ron: Why are they shiny, though?

Laura: Because they don't oxidise much.

Laura: Because they are unreactive.

Ron: Exactly, yes.

Ron: All of the metals that you hear.

Laura: The cogs turning there.

Ron: Yeah.

Laura: Someone in my brain is calling up a WD 40 like it's creaking into life.

Ron: You've watched SpongeBob in the past, have you, Gary?

Laura: We're finally huge.

Ron: I love the internal brain stuff for SpongeBob because there's always loads of SpongeBobs running around an office, like, looking in filing cabinets and stuff.

Ron: That's why I imagine it's, like, in your brain.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: They're all super unreactive.

Ron: Why is that?

Ron: Two fold reasons.

Laura: Do you want me to give those two fold reasons?

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: Hazard, I guess.

Laura: Why they're super unreactive?

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: Not why the metals are unreactive.

Ron: Why those are the metals that they were aware of.

Laura: Well, I would reckon because they were useful, then you could turn them into something and know that they were going to stay.

Laura: Like, it like you could make a gold coin and it was going to look like a gold coin.

Laura: Or you could make a sword and it was going strong and you're not going to need to oil it constantly.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: So that's one reason.

Ron: Yeah, absolutely.

Ron: If they could get their hands on some sodium or something, it's going to explode as soon as it rains.

Ron: Not particularly useful.

Laura: That would be great in a battle, though, wouldn't it?

Laura: It's just like the army, like, lying ahead.

Laura: You're, like, banging their swords and stuff, and then it starts to rain and suddenly all this, like, fears and fireworks starts popping off.

Laura: You'd s*** your pants and run away.

Ron: Oh, but, like, what if you tricked the opposing army into buying a bunch of, like, sodium helmets from you and.

Laura: Then they all melted?

Laura: What is that?

Laura: Bloody h***.

Laura: Found a grain of rice on my tummy.

Laura: Matthew's not very well, and so I have to feed her just chicken and rice.

Laura: She's getting, like a whole chicken breast a day and rice, but she doesn't really like the rice, so she takes mouthfuls of it and then just gobs it all over the place.

Laura: I'm finding rice.

Ron: Dogs and rice.

Laura: Yeah, they do.

Ron: That'S hard.

Laura: It's really hard for them to eat.

Laura: They haven't really got the mouths to it.

Ron: Maybe make her a risotto will be a bit more sort of like a paste.

Laura: The death dish.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: So that's one reason.

Ron: Absolutely.

Ron: Kind of the step before that.

Ron: Can you why?

Ron: Yeah, there's something that comes before that that relies on them being unreactive.

Laura: They're still around in the ground.

Ron: Yeah, exactly.

Ron: There's no sodium in the ground because it reacts to form things like salt, sodium and metal.

Ron: Yes.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: Don't say it like that.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: So, yeah, they just kind of you could find a piece of gold lying in a river.

Ron: Exactly.

Laura: It hasn't been in the water.

Ron: Yeah, exactly.

Ron: And then yeah.

Ron: And then there's a third reason that you wouldn't have been able I wouldn't expect you to be able to deduce, but do you remember when we talked about the reactivity series, that there were a couple of nonmetals that we included and carbon was one of them?

Laura: No, Ron, I don't, but I'm happy to take your word for that.

Ron: No, that's fine.

Ron: So carbon we include in the reactivity series because it reacts to things as metals do.

Ron: Why it's interesting here is because early humans had ready access to carbon, coal, wood yeah.

Ron: Everything.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: Loads of s**** made out of carbon.

Ron: So what that means is that they had access to something that was more reactive than the metals that they were trying to extract from ores.

Ron: So when you dig a bunch of iron ore out of the ground, it's probably going to be in the form of iron oxide.

Ron: Carbon is more reactive than iron, so when you smelt it, the oxygen goes with the carbon and then you just left with lovely, pure iron and you can go, like, stab your neighbours with it and stuff.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: Necessary.

Ron: Yeah, that makes sense.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: It's sort of an accident, though.

Laura: Right.

Laura: So, like, you're saying they had access to carbon, which was more reactive, but they didn't know that.

Laura: They just knew that you burn stuff and then this happens.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: They knew that the process worked.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: So the fact that it's like wood is carbon and carbon super reactive, that's the science behind it.

Laura: But it's not like early man was going and then the carbon.

Ron: No, but I mean, human development until the enlightenment, I don't know if they well, let's not talk about the enlightenment for thousands of years.

Ron: I don't think they really knew what was going on.

Laura: Yeah, most of us still don't, to be fair.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: Extraction reactions are reduction reactions.

Laura: Can I ask some unrelated questions that have just occurred to me?

Laura: Sometimes when you, like, if you put a knife in a flame, sometimes it goes, like, all oil stained or gets like, a black mark on it.

Laura: What's that happening?

Ron: Well, the black mark is carbon forming on it.

Laura: Where's that coming from?

Ron: Wherever you're burning.

Laura: Like, if I put it in the hobbit, it's coming out of the gas.

Laura: Like the natural gas in the hobby.

Ron: Yes.

Ron: Because natural gas is methane, which is one carbon surrounded by hydrogens, and then.

Laura: So the hydrogens have gone off and the carbon stuck to my knife.

Ron: Yeah.

Laura: Okay.

Ron: That's extraction of metals, it is just a little nubbing on the end of reactivity.

Laura: Yeah, that all made sense, but it's one of those dangerous signs where I haven't made any notes about it.

Ron: Yeah, well, right.

Laura: The ground is full of stuff and we found it sucks to be you foxes.

Ron: Well, I mean, we had quite a nice chat about it.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: I've had a lovely time and I feel like it makes sense.

Ron: I feel like there was a lot of info there.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: I didn't write it down, though.

Ron: Yeah, that's okay.

Ron: So we're going to be talking about acids next, Laura.

Laura: Okay.

Laura: What's happening to your bum?

Ron: Just moving around.

Laura: I'm on the noisy chair we're on.

Ron: Do you know what you mean?

Laura: Of today?

Laura: A paper bag.

Ron: Right.

Ron: Orange bottle.

Laura: Oh, it's chili's bottle.

Ron: I've just not been putting the lid on.

Ron: So.

Laura: One of the more quiet ever done.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: I've got a little chili's travel mug.

Laura: I brought that up with me today because it's so cold up here and it did keep my tea warm a bit longer.

Ron: That's lovely.

Laura: Yeah.

Ron: So do you know what an acid is, Laura?

Laura: It's a seesaw.

Ron: Explain.

Laura: It's got the hydroxyl group on one end of the seesaw and an enzyme on the other end.

Laura: What is that a thing?

Ron: Did we talk about sea sores?

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: Acids were seesaws.

Laura: It was like a little and it had a tail that made it an acid of, like, hydrogen and oxygen and then something else on the other end.

Laura: Yeah.

Ron: I can disagree.

Laura: Somebody listening will know what I'm talking about.

Laura: And can you please let us know what I'm talking about?

Laura: Something about a seesaw has come up with regards to acids because I remember asking you no, actually, I remember shouting at you about is something about, oh, four makes it an acid?

Ron: No, it's not really such a thing as oh, I think it was actually.

Laura: What is happening in the moles, was it?

Laura: What's the next chemistry here?

Laura: It is ethanol.

Laura: Alcohol.

Laura: There's a man.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: No, I do remember.

Ron: We did it.

Ron: And there is a functional group that makes something an acid.

Laura: It's the sea amine acid.

Laura: 20 hats, c.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: And the acid is at the other end.

Laura: And then carbon has got 20 hats on in the middle of the seesaw.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: The R group.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: That's an amino acid.

Ron: Yeah, but what are you banging on about?

Ron: Seesaws?

Ron: Seesaws don't wear hats.

Laura: What's your analogy?

Laura: I don't know.

Laura: I was just learning.

Ron: I don't think it was well, there's.

Laura: No way of knowing now.

Ron: I don't even really think we've covered this.

Laura: Well, let's just strike that from the record then.

Laura: Do I know what an acid is?

Laura: It's something with a PH level that is greater or less than seven, I think.

Laura: Greater than something?

Laura: Is it higher than seven?

Laura: Is an acid no.

Laura: Lower than seven?

Laura: Yes, lower than seven.

Ron: I don't get a point for that after I said no.

Laura: But technically I was correct by saying it was a thing with a PH that was not seven.

Laura: That was not untrue about acids.

Ron: That is untrue because there are half of the things that have a PH level that's not seven aren't acids.

Laura: Yeah, but all acids don't have a PH level of seven.

Ron: Yeah.

Laura: So it is always true of an acid that its PH level won't be seven.

Laura: Not all things with a PH level of not seven are acids.

Laura: But all acids have a PH level of not seven.

Laura: What's?

Ron: Your original science teacher a genie?

Ron: Isn't that the kind of logic you should be using?

Laura: I just couldn't remember whether it was a big or small.

Laura: I know acids are red and alkalize a purple.

Ron: Or did you just spend too much time playing Dreamphone as a kid?

Ron: I know that its PH level is not seven, but I'm not telling.

Laura: I know where he hangs around.

Laura: It's at one end of the PH scale.

Ron: Now there's some merch that we need to put out.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: Oh, we could put ourselves on little dream phone cards, but we need loads more.

Laura: No, it's just 50 50 dream phone.

Laura: And if you're a Patreon, then dad can be involved.

Laura: We'll just get a little photo of dad looking angry, right?

Ron: No.

Ron: So an acid essentially is any substance that increases the number of hydrogen ions in solution.

Laura: Okay.

Laura: Recording break.

Laura: I just want to remember what an ion is without asking you again, because you're going to get so much have.

Ron: You actually stopped the recording?

Laura: No, but this is just an edit break.

Ron: No, this is going in.

Laura: No, it's not.

Laura: My edit increases the number what did you say?

Laura: Increases the number of ions.

Laura: Hydrogen ions.

Ron: In the solution?

Laura: Yeah, in the solution.

Laura: Now let me just remember what an ion is.

Laura: Yes.

Laura: Okay, so charged hydrogens and acid will H plus ions put more hydrogens into the solution.

Laura: Okay.

Ron: Hydrogen ions.

Laura: What?

Ron: Hydrogen ions?

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: Why are you saying that?

Laura: Because it doesn't am I not saying that?

Ron: She said to put more hydrogens in, but that's ambiguous.

Ron: It puts more hydrogen ions in H plus ions.

Laura: Okay, ions.

Ron: We're leaving that in.

Laura: No, because I didn't ask.

Laura: I didn't.

Laura: I needed a minute to re remind my in.

Ron: Yes.

Ron: So hydrogen ions, H plus essentially just a proton.

Ron: Actually, if you think about it.

Ron: So some famous acids do you know what acid is in your stomach?

Laura: Sulfuric acid.

Ron: You made me doubt myself, and I think it's hydrochloric.

Laura: I believe you.

Laura: I would never, ever doubt yourself.

Laura: Based on my answer to your question.

Ron: No.

Ron: But it's just after you said that was a bit like am I right?

Ron: It is.

Ron: It's hydrochloric acid.

Ron: So the formula for hydrochloric acid is just HCL, right.

Laura: What's happening now?

Ron: We're learning about acid.

Laura: I know, but I'm confused.

Laura: Hydrochloric acid, that's in my stomach.

Ron: HCL.

Laura: Hang on, I haven't finished writing hydrochloric acid yet.

Laura: HCL.

Ron: Okay, so when that dissolves in water HCL, you get H plus plus and CL minus.

Laura: Okay, why?

Ron: So then you've got lots more H pluses in there and that increases the acidity.

Laura: What, you put HCL in water and then the HS do they take the HS off the H 20?

Ron: No, from the HCL.

Laura: Yeah, they get in the water and then disband.

Laura: Do they?

Ron: Like table salt is NaCl?

Laura: Yeah.

Ron: And when you dissolve that, they separate as ions do in solution.

Ron: We did a lesson on this.

Ron: And then you've got N, A plus and you've got CL miners.

Ron: It's the same thing, but instead of sodium, it's hydrogen.

Laura: Okay, but I'd forgotten that that happened, so I didn't know that they were going to break up when they got in the water.

Laura: Oh, it's like the saddest pool party ever.

Laura: Imagine being a little hydrochloride, like Joanna's invited you to a pool party.

Laura: Well, I guess this is the end of our relationship.

Ron: It's more like a swinger.

Ron: It's more like a key party, because if they left, they'd take someone else with them.

Laura: Oh, all right, that's fine.

Laura: That's happy then.

Laura: Okay, so they get in the water, and water is a constantly forming and reforming band of hydrogen and oxygen.

Ron: Yeah h plus and oh, minus Very nice.

Laura: I know that.

Laura: So they get in the water and the H plus is ding about and the CL minus is ding about.

Laura: So the HS have nicked a no.

Laura: Given an electron to the chlorine.

Ron: Yeah, exactly.

Laura: Okay.

Ron: Yeah.

Laura: So that's an acid because of the way it breaks up in water.

Ron: It's an acid because there are now more H pluses than there are oh minuses in the solution.

Laura: Does that depend how much hydrochloride you put in the water?

Ron: Well, yeah, because every hydrochloride you put in there, you've got another H plus.

Laura: So if I just put, like, a teaspoon of hydrochloride into a swimming pool of water, that wouldn't be an acid because there wouldn't be more H pluses.

Ron: There'd be slightly more.

Laura: Yeah, but why would there be slightly more?

Ron: Because the swimming pool if we're imagining that the swimming pool is neutral when you start yeah.

Laura: It's water neutral.

Laura: Yeah.

Ron: As you said.

Ron: Very rightly.

Ron: Just then.

Ron: It is always breaking up into H plus and oh minus and reforming in a cycle.

Ron: So then if you put in some hydrochloric acid, there are slightly more H pluses in there.

Laura: Slightly more.

Laura: Okay.

Laura: So it would be a slight acid.

Laura: Okay.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: Very mild acid.

Ron: And that's it, really.

Ron: And then anything that's an alkali or a base is anything where there are more oh minuses than H pluses acid.

Laura: Equals more H pluses alkali.

Laura: What's the base again?

Ron: An alkali.

Ron: Same thing.

Laura: Okay.

Laura: That is more oh, minuses.

Laura: Why is the oh, not.

Laura: Ho.

Ron: I don't know.

Laura: That's annoying.

Laura: Because it's H 20.

Ron: Yeah, you get that.

Laura: Yeah.

Ron: So from that, can you see why acids and alkalis cancel each other out, neutralise each other?

Laura: Because they reform and then they're because.

Ron: It just balances it again.

Laura: The positives and negatives.

Laura: Yeah, yeah.

Ron: So when you've got when you've got, like, an acidity tummy, just that's because there's too many H pluses in there.

Ron: Oh, no, because as you can see, these are ions.

Ron: They're very reactive particles.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: Because they're charged, so they're attracted to stuff.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: Yeah, I remember that.

Laura: Putting a positive and a negative rod into solutions and then watching stuff, like, crystallise on them.

Ron: Them, yes.

Ron: That's more about electricity.

Ron: But it's also about ions.

Ron: Yes.

Ron: Knowing what you know now about how water is.

Laura: I knew what I know now.

Ron: David Crosby Dynasty.

Laura: Sad.

Laura: Mom loves them.

Ron: She does.

Laura: Did you text her?

Ron: No, it was late.

Laura: Text her today.

Laura: Well, she probably hasn't heard, actually, unless it's on the cross word page of the Daily Mail, who died yesterday.

Ron: Almost cut my hair by crosby, stills, nash and young.

Ron: One of the best tracks of the 70s, they claim.

Ron: It's such a good song.

Ron: Right.

Ron: So we're going to learn about some reactions of assets now that we understand what they are.

Ron: Okay.

Ron: Why do you seem so scared?

Laura: I'm not scared.

Ron: You seem very scared.

Laura: This is all quite like hypothetical stuff.

Laura: I feel like the chances of it staying in my head is slim, but.

Ron: None of this is hypothetical.

Ron: This is not true.

Laura: Yeah, but you know what I mean.

Ron: I can't see it why you like so basically, when acids react with metals, they produce salts and hydrogens acid plus.

Laura: Metal equals salt and hydrogens.

Ron: So do you remember what a salt is?

Laura: Yes.

Laura: Hitting someone bad.

Laura: No, I can't remember what I saw.

Laura: NaCl is the salt.

Ron: And what type of substance is NaCl?

Laura: A covalently bonded molecule.

Ron: Don't just say stuff because it's not covalently bonded, is it?

Ron: What's the NAC?

Laura: Ionic bond.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: It's an ionic compound.

Ron: That's what assault is.

Laura: Salt is an ionic compound.

Ron: Yeah.

Laura: Well, drink, good drink.

Laura: Good drink.

Laura: The lily, the pink, the pink, the pink, the saviour roll.

Ron: So let's imagine hydrochloric acid reacting with some sodium.

Ron: What are the products of?

Laura: That going to be hydrochloric acid meets up with a sodium meets sodium.

Laura: So that's going to make some H pluses.

Ron: Yes, but H plus doesn't really exist on its own.

Laura: Oh, for God's sake.

Laura: F*** me.

Laura: You just f****** leave it as it was at the beginning.

Laura: Just talk for 20 minutes about H pluses and then you're like, except they're an illusion.

Ron: Well, they're not an illusional group.

Ron: But when I was talking about it before, the H pluses were with a CL minus, weren't they?

Laura: No, they'd wandered off.

Ron: No.

Laura: Listen, I am your father.

Ron: The H plus is with a CL minus.

Ron: Now a reaction is happening here.

Ron: Something is changing, so it's not going to stay the same.

Ron: Try again.

Laura: What do you feel?

Laura: I don't know what you mean.

Laura: What is sodium made up of?

Ron: Sodium atoms.

Laura: Okay, that's good to know.

Laura: And it's a metal?

Ron: Yes.

Laura: Let me find that on my little chart.

Laura: What's that look like?

Laura: Oh, NA.

Laura: That's sodium.

Laura: So table salt is sodium.

Laura: You have to stop assuming that because we've talked about it.

Laura: It's in there.

Laura: All right.

Ron: I'm allowed.

Laura: No, you're not.

Laura: So we've got H plus and CLNA minus.

Ron: NaCl.

Laura: Yeah, who cares?

Ron: But no, it's not NaCl minus.

Laura: Why?

Ron: Because you know that.

Laura: Don't say you know if we're learning it.

Ron: No, we've done this so many times.

Ron: Because it's an N A plus being attracted to a CL minus, isn't it?

Laura: I don't know.

Laura: Is it?

Ron: Yes, because sodium has only got one in its outer ring.

Ron: Chlorine is only missing one in its outer ring, so it gives it sad boy from one to the other.

Laura: Do you just want me to know that sodium's got one in its outer ring at all times?

Laura: Like, how is that information?

Ron: It's the third element.

Ron: It's not hard to remember three things.

Laura: Oh, f*** off.

Laura: We've been learning for months.

Laura: I've got no way.

Ron: You'd have thought some of it would have stuck by now.

Ron: Either you have a slippery wall or you've got very slippery s*** because I've been throwing so much and none of it's clinged.

Laura: That isn't fair.

Laura: It has.

Laura: It's just I don't see the letters N A and immediately think about it having one element.

Ron: You should.

Laura: Well, I don't want to be that person.

Ron: Wrong podcast.

Laura: So it's H plus plus NaCl, but.

Ron: That'S not balanced, is it?

Laura: Me?

Laura: Why not?

Ron: Because you got to think about the electrons, where's this positive charge come from.

Laura: It gave electrons.

Ron: The things beforehand weren't positively charged.

Ron: Where's the positive charge come from?

Laura: So if we got to have two NAC hours, that's not going to change.

Ron: Anything because they're not charged.

Laura: It's positive because it gave away a sad boy.

Ron: It makes hydrogen gas is what we're getting at.

Ron: H two, they link up.

Laura: What hydrogen gas?

Laura: What do you mean?

Ron: When these things react, it makes hydrogen gas.

Laura: What does?

Ron: When these things react, they make hydrogen gas.

Laura: What is hydrogen gasy?

Laura: Little fox?

Ron: H two.

Laura: Why are there two h's?

Ron: Because when you atoms are always never alone.

Laura: Is it not h plus.

Ron: No.

Laura: I thought we just literally learned that acid is H plus.

Ron: Acid is h plus.

Ron: But we're talking about an acid reacting with something, so therefore something's changed.

Laura: So it's melted.

Ron: What's melted?

Laura: The hydrogen.

Ron: In what world does an ion melt to make a gas?

Laura: I thought that's how you got gases, was more energy, so it was hotter and now it's a gas.

Laura: No, we literally learn that, well, A.

Ron: Things don't melt to become a gas.

Ron: B, you don't know how hot it was before.

Laura: So some things become a gas just because they become a gas.

Ron: Well, because it's changed what it is.

Ron: It's not.

Ron: This is why there is a difference between an ion and an atom.

Ron: Because they're different things.

Ron: Right.

Ron: I'll talk you through it.

Ron: So we've got HCL and we've got sodium.

Ron: Sodium is existing as a metal.

Ron: It's metallically bonded to all of its friends.

Ron: They crowd share their electrons between each other.

Ron: Okay, now you've got the HCL.

Ron: This is going to be in solution.

Ron: It's dissolved in water.

Ron: So it doesn't actually Exist in the water as HCL exists.

Ron: There's H plus ions flying around and It exists as CL minus ions flying around.

Ron: Okay.

Ron: When this runs into the sodium, the sodium wants to react with the clminus.

Ron: They're both very reactive things.

Ron: But the Sodium's got an electron in its outer shell.

Laura: I'm trying to draw this.

Laura: There's some water with some H pluses and CL minuses.

Laura: Then here's some nas hanging up with a little bowl full of electrons.

Laura: Okay, so then they meet up and the CL minus what happens then?

Ron: So the CL minus.

Ron: That is the CL minus because it's taken the Hydrogen's Electron.

Ron: Yeah, when they reacted.

Ron: So the CL minus wants to react with the sodium.

Laura: They love to react together because the sodium is positive.

Ron: Well, the sodium's only got that one electron, and it's outer shell.

Ron: Very reactive.

Ron: It can lose that electron super easily.

Laura: But why would that electron go to chlore the CL minus when the CL minus is negative?

Ron: No, exactly.

Ron: It doesn't go to the CL minus.

Ron: It goes to the hydrogen, the H plus.

Ron: Because the H plus is attracted to the negative electron.

Laura: Okay.

Laura: So the little nah electrons go and hang out with the hydrogen.

Laura: And then now the nat is positive.

Laura: It reacts with the chlorine.

Ron: Now hydrogen doesn't exist on its own.

Ron: It exists as H Two.

Laura: Wait.

Laura: I'm still drawing this.

Laura: Hello.

Laura: Okay.

Ron: Yeah.

Laura: Hydrogen exists in an H Two format.

Ron: Yes.

Ron: So you get H Two, and then that's a gas.

Laura: Why wasn't a gas before any of this happened?

Ron: Because it was H plus in solution.

Ron: The h pluses were dissolved in water.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: And then we dropped some sodium in the water.

Ron: Yes.

Ron: And remember the farty bubbles.

Laura: So we put the sodium in the water and the electrons move to the hydrogen.

Laura: Move to the hydrogen.

Laura: And that made the hydrogens pair up.

Ron: Yeah.

Laura: Why?

Laura: Because some of them got an electron.

Laura: But not all of them.

Ron: No.

Ron: Remember we've talked about why some things go around in pairs?

Ron: It's because they like to share two electrons in between them, don't they?

Laura: What kind of a bond is the hydrogen doing?

Ron: Well, they're sharing electrons.

Ron: You tell me.

Laura: Metallic.

Ron: No, they're not crowdsourcing their electrons.

Ron: It's just two atoms sharing a pair of electrons.

Laura: Ionic?

Ron: No, because that's when you've got ions that are attracted to each other.

Ron: Why did I ever It's a covalent bond.

Ron: Cooperative have taken electrons from some sodiums and then they've gone.

Ron: We don't like being on our own.

Ron: We'll both share our electrons.

Laura: Now we're two.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: And now we're a gas.

Ron: Do you remember when we were talking about sodium reacting like the reactivity of group one metals?

Ron: Sodium, when you put it in water, it has, like, farty bubbles and it bibbles about.

Laura: Yeah.

Ron: That's hydrogen gas getting produced.

Laura: Yeah.

Ron: That is the farty bubbles.

Laura: I remember that.

Laura: That happens.

Laura: But this no, because we haven't learnt.

Ron: This before, so we wouldn't have remembered this.

Laura: Head around the logic of when they haven't got any electrons, they're happy on their own, but then as soon as they've got one, they're like, oh, I need to tell someone about this.

Ron: But if you think about it, when they haven't got any electrons, they're not on their own.

Ron: They're in the solution with the CL minus.

Ron: So the CL minus is negatively charged.

Ron: The H plus is a positively charged they're not bonding together, but they're flying around in the water.

Ron: They're like, oh, hey, every now and again.

Laura: Yeah, but that doesn't make any sense as to why they wouldn't bond if there's positive and negative charge.

Ron: Because this is the whole thing about a reactivity series, is that the sodium is more reactive than the hydrogen, so it kicks the hydrogen out of the equation.

Laura: Yeah, but at the point where they're in the water, why aren't they together?

Ron: Because, as you know, the water is constantly breaking up into H pluses and oh minuses.

Ron: It's all a very fluid movie aroundy thing.

Laura: But you would still consider that HCL in the water.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: You talk about it as if it is a thing.

Laura: Okay, right.

Laura: Okay.

Laura: Yeah.

Ron: Because, for example, if you were to evaporate all of the water, you'd be left with HCL.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: Okay.

Laura: That makes more sense now.

Laura: I thought they were suddenly separate things in the water.

Laura: But they are considered together.

Ron: No.

Ron: And especially at GCSE level, you do very much consider it kind of as a thing.

Ron: And I think the way that your brain works similar to mine, I think it's more helpful to understand, actually, what's going on.

Laura: Yeah.

Ron: I mean, we'll cheque the recording time, but I think let's leave it there.

Laura: Yeah, that sounds good.

Laura: All right.

Laura: What classic episode that felt like I.

Ron: Was so nice for a long time.

Laura: And then you got really mean.

Laura: You have high expectations of me, Ron.

Ron: I don't.

Laura: F*** you.

Laura: Let's do a quiz.

Laura: F*** you.

Laura: It's Friday.

Laura: Friday.

Ron: I can't believe it's Friday.

Laura: Okay.

Laura: It's quizzen time.

Ron: Yes.

Ron: It would be a bit to sing the Qi theme tune, but then I decided not to.

Laura: How does it go?

Ron: It's like and then the other bit comes in is like clang, clang, clang, clang, clang.

Laura: Sounds good.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: A nice theme song.

Ron: You ready for a quiz, Laura?

Laura: I'm more than ready.

Laura: Born ready.

Laura: I slightly need a Wii, which always puts me on the fuzzy awakeness.

Ron: We were texting each other earlier and neither of us can remember what we studied last week.

Laura: I was confused because I edited last week's episode last night, so I really knew what was going on with that one.

Laura: But this one's a you edit, so I'm always less revised on the you edit one.

Ron: Yes, but we were doing acids.

Laura: Acids.

Laura: All I remember from this is that I 100% thought acids were a seesaw.

Laura: And then you said, no, they're not see.

Ron: I recently listened to the episode where the seesaw thing came up that was specifically amino acids.

Ron: But I still don't know where the seesaw thing comes from, apart from the fact that they've got something on either end, but like yeah, like a seesaw.

Ron: That's not the defining thing of a seesaw.

Laura: Listen, it's not important.

Laura: What are we doing today?

Ron: Acids, I just said.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: All right, quizzes.

Laura: Throw those questions in the air like cheese puffs, and I'll grump them.

Ron: We also did a little bit of extraction of metals, so we're going to do that first.

Laura: Oh, yeah.

Laura: Smelting.

Ron: Laurie, why were early humans only aware of unreactive metals?

Laura: Two answers because they occur in the ground.

Laura: Because they haven't reacted with stuff and turned into something else.

Ron: So you can just dig up gold or platinum or something out of the ground.

Ron: Yeah.

Laura: And because they are unreactive or have low reactivity.

Laura: So they were useful.

Laura: Like your sword wasn't going to disappear into a puff of smoke.

Ron: That's kind of the same thing.

Ron: I need a different answer.

Laura: They are malleable.

Ron: That's not always true and irrelevant.

Laura: There were two reasons for that.

Laura: They're shiny.

Laura: Do you see them in the floor or in the water?

Ron: No.

Laura: Hang on.

Laura: So they're there.

Laura: That's funny.

Ron: Isn't really mad.

Ron: The Gold Rush in America.

Ron: There's gold in the rivers.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: And also that just like gold.

Laura: It's not that useful.

Laura: Why are we prioritising gold over other things?

Ron: Because it's rare.

Ron: Gold is very malleable, so you can work it into intricate designs.

Ron: It's rare.

Ron: And to be honest now, it is very useful.

Laura: All right.

Ron: Gold is a really good conductor.

Ron: And the fact that it's so valuable so you use it for circuitry.

Ron: Jay from the in between us was advertising that like, oh, we'll buy any Phone.com or wherever.

Ron: It was like a lot of these things where you get like two pound 50 for your old phone, that is because of the gold in them.

Laura: My phone is full of gold.

Laura: I don't know the second reason.

Laura: Ron I don't think we talked about it.

Ron: It's because they're lower down on the reactivity level than carbon.

Ron: So the oxides, you know, like if you have iron oxide and then you burn it with carbon, the oxygen then bonds with the carbon and you're left with some lovely, nice iron.

Laura: I said that you didn't pretty much.

Laura: I said they were low reactivity.

Ron: Yeah, but I told you they were unreactive in the question.

Ron: The question was, why were early humans only aware of unreactive metals?

Laura: Oh, okay.

Laura: One and a half out of two.

Laura: Pretty good.

Ron: One out of two.

Ron: Yes.

Ron: We'll round down to the nearest one.

Ron: Laura, what are the products if you react an acid with a metal?

Laura: Sodium and water.

Ron: So if I take some acid, let's say I've got some sulfuric acid and I want to react that with some magnesium.

Ron: Where's the sodium come from?

Laura: It didn't feel right as I was saying it.

Laura: Oh, no.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: Half written down, though.

Laura: Acid plus metal equals salts and hydrogens.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: So say that.

Laura: That's what I did.

Laura: Really?

Laura: Sodium and water, that is salt.

Laura: Sodium is salt.

Ron: Salt is sodium chloride.

Ron: But a salt is when you've got two ions that are together, an ionic compound.

Ron: That's a salt.

Laura: All right, then.

Laura: Salts and hydrogens.

Ron: You can have a mark for that.

Laura: Thank you, notebook.

Ron: But when you're saying hydrogens, could you.

Laura: Just clarify some hydrogens?

Laura: More than one hydrogen?

Ron: There's like, hydrogen atoms on their own.

Laura: It's h pluses.

Ron: No, it's not.

Ron: It's hydrogen gas.

Ron: So you get half a mark.

Laura: No, don't do that.

Laura: It's just I get more marks when you don't ask me to clarify.

Ron: Because you're not very clear.

Ron: What would the product specifically be if I mixed hydrochloric acid and sodium?

Laura: H pluses.

Ron: No.

Laura: Hydrochloric acid and sodium.

Ron: Yeah.

Laura: NaCl and water.

Ron: Where's the oxygen come from?

Laura: Look, 25 seconds ago, h is an NaCl.

Ron: How does hydrogen exist on its own?

Laura: H two.

Ron: Yeah.

Laura: Yeah, but that's still hydrogens, isn't it?

Ron: No, but you are saying H plus is or hydrogens.

Ron: Hydrogen gas is the answer.

Ron: H two.

Ron: It's a thing.

Ron: It's different.

Laura: Okay.

Laura: Like, if like I get the mark, though.

Ron: It's like if I was chatting to you and I was like, what are you having for lunch today, Laura?

Ron: And you said flour, then I'm like, Ugh.

Ron: Why are you eating flour?

Ron: And then you're like, Well, I'm having a sandwich.

Ron: It's the same thing.

Ron: It's made from that.

Ron: No, they're different.

Ron: They are made from that.

Laura: I don't the thing is, I don't think we talked about hydrogen gas, because I haven't written down the word gas anywhere.

Ron: The number of times we've talked about hydrogen gas, the gases that go round.

Laura: Into scope, then you need to start more clearly.

Laura: Saying what word of that is important?

Laura: If it's hydrogen or the gas, or if it's both, I need to know that information.

Ron: It's both.

Ron: It's almost all I know all of the information.

Laura: Good.

Laura: Okay.

Laura: Well, I did get that, though.

Ron: Can you balance that equation, please?

Laura: What equation?

Ron: The equation of hydrochloric acid plus sodium equals sodium chloride plus hydrogen gas.

Laura: Oh, really?

Ron: I mean, we don't have to you won't get the mark.

Laura: I will.

Laura: What did you say?

Laura: Hydrochloric acid.

Laura: Which is HCL.

Ron: The thing that we just did.

Laura: Can you just help me by repeating it, please?

Ron: CL plus sodium yes.

Ron: Plus NA equals you told me this.

Laura: So equals h two plus NaCl.

Laura: But in order to have an H two, I'm going to need to put two HCls on the other side.

Laura: So it would be two HCL plus two NA equals H two plus two NaCl.

Ron: Wonderful.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: Well done, Laura.

Laura: Thank you, Ron.

Ron: No worries, mate.

Laura: Clap, clap, clap for me.

Laura: I'm the queen of science.

Ron: And that's the quiz.

Laura: Oh, I did all right there.

Laura: Yeah, you got Ron's counting segment three.

Ron: And a half out of five.

Laura: Happy with that?

Laura: Very happy.

Ron: 70%.

Laura: Fine.

Laura: Fine.

Ron: 3.5 stars.

Laura: If there was a 70% chance of rain, I wouldn't leave the house.

Laura: It's a sure thing.

Laura: God, Ron, I just don't think I'm ever going to know properly what an eye on is.

Ron: It's embarrassing.

Laura: It's not embarrassing.

Laura: It's like one of those little black holes in my stellar knowledge.

Ron: No, it's really fundamental and it's quite embarrassing how often you can be told a piece of information and not retain it.

Ron: It's not being funny right now.

Laura: I don't care anyway.

Laura: Titles game.

Laura: We don't particularly ask you to guess, but we suggested a fun game and you guys played again last week's episodes was called Throw Him In The Scuffles.

Laura: And we said, hey, who can guess first what our other titles were is early bloody Matthew Collins again, straight in, absolute ripper guess.

Laura: Two out of three of our titles.

Laura: Very quickly, Matthew, you might need to join the podcast.

Ron: I can't remember who it was, but as well someone else guessed, like six or seven.

Ron: Not one of them was considered.

Ron: Then Matthew Collins commented on that, came in POW.

Laura: Yeah, I think I might have been mystic and some classic Great Quotes podcast is very quotable.

Laura: There were a few guests from Chip Chad on Instagram suggested that.

Laura: And then two people, not a space rack, and Tim on Twitter both guessed Angry Little Rain Cloud, so that could have been a good one.

Ron: But clarity, because we've not actually said the correct answers, were, I wish we had a playground.

Ron: Karma for what you f*** and a coffee with an awkward little boy karma.

Laura: For what you f*** is.

Laura: I listen to that back and it's embarrassing how much our own podcast makes me laugh when I listen back, but it's because I can feel every emotion I'm having and come for what you f*** so much, because I can hear how livid I am in that moment.

Ron: You really went to Eleven like that.

Laura: You forced me there.

Laura: You held the dial with both hands and twisted.

Laura: There's no patron roll call.

Ron: Oh, no, I didn't write one.

Ron: I was too busy doing the episode notes and preparing all the other content.

Laura: Yeah, all right, well, there's no patron roll call this week.

Ron: Next week we'll do a double.

Laura: Next week we'll do a Dubsy dubs and hopefully hey.

Ron: And we'll guarantee this new patrons will be done first.

Ron: Next.

Laura: Why are you upsetting?

Laura: The guard that are already in?

Ron: They're fine, they signed up.

Laura: You've got to appeal to the base run.

Laura: This is lost the election.

Ron: F*** them.

Ron: They're in.

Ron: Locked in for life.

Ron: No.

Ron: If you are one of the valiant people that get us over the 50 mark and get more Lexxed content in the people's ears, you will get better shout outs than any of the ones that have come before.

Ron: And they will happen next week.

Ron: And they'll make your parents proud because.

Laura: You sound like you're crying.

Laura: So there we go.

Laura: Have a lovely week, everyone.

Laura: And listen brilliant.

Ron: We hope you love us that don't.

Laura: Give away the Patreon sign off peak peak.

Ron: Clusters.

Ron: Missed you awkward little boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment