Lexx Education - Episode Index

Episode 1 - Biology - A Lego Brick Full of Meccano                          Introduction to cells. Episode 2 - Chemistry - Bob Marley and th...

Monday 17 April 2023

Parmahootical

 Laura: Hello and welcome to another episode of Lexx Education, the comedy science podcast, where comedian me, Laura Lexx, try to learn science from her normal brother Ron on hello.

Ron: Come, Ron.

Laura: Hi, Ron.

Laura: If you're a first time listener to the podcast, thinking, oh, this sounds right up my street, hey, we love that you're here.

Laura: We do recommend that this podcast is enjoyed from beginning to end.

Laura: So maybe take a dive back all the way to episode one.

Laura: Start there and we'll see you here in, what, three or four days?

Laura: You'll binge it.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: What was that?

Ron: Apropos of we got a lot of new listeners.

Laura: We have, actually.

Ron: Oh, that's nice, isn't it?

Ron: Hello, new listeners.

Laura: No, I just got a message from Tom.

Laura: He's gone to a gig and he's left all his clothes here.

Ron: Naked gig.

Laura: Oh, Tom.

Laura: Anyway, listen.

Laura: Yeah, see, this is why it's best enjoyed from the beginning, is because who's Tom?

Laura: We've got lax.

Laura: Yeah, you don't even know who Tom is.

Laura: He's husband of the podcast.

Laura: He's a recurring character.

Laura: He pops in and out every now and again.

Laura: Also, this is a weird one to start on if you are new, because we've just done the Eggathon.

Laura: Yeah, I'm trying to eat a chocolate orange twelve to get the taste and feel of very dry yolk out of my mouth.

Laura: The Eggathon will be released this Friday for patrons to view.

Laura: Hopefully we've done it as a video so you can watch us quiz each other with eggs.

Laura: If you're not on the patreon, go to patreon.com/Lexxeducation and hey, get all the content there.

Laura: Get our dad being an agony dad.

Laura: Get my comedy lesson, teaching Ron all about comedy theory.

Ron: Pop quiz.

Laura: What is glass?

Laura: Pop quiz isn't out yet, Ron.

Ron: Pop quiz coming soon.

Ron: Mexico.

Laura: Mexico One is out.

Laura: Mexico Two is coming soon.

Ron: Yeah.

Laura: And the quicker we boost those patreon numbers, the quicker you'll be getting two bonus episodes every week.

Laura: So there you go.

Laura: There's a quick plug for that.

Laura: But this week will be well, it's kind of a bonus bonus episode, actually, this Eggathon, isn't it?

Ron: Yeah, it really just did it for no reason.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: And I hate my mouth right now.

Laura: So, listen, quick note up the top.

Laura: We discuss in this episode that it's episode 43, and we talk about it being a Ron edit.

Laura: We'd somehow forgotten about the Easter special episode, so it is actually episode 44 and it's a Laura edit.

Ron: Yeah.

Laura: And we talk about in this episode, we're planning our annual our anniversary episode, and we sort of are making plans, but obviously we've said before, wizzo comedy science genius Dara O'Brien has agreed to come on for our anniversary episode.

Laura: So for some reason we don't know this at the time of recording, but that is still happening.

Ron: No, I think he roughly said yes, but not really confirmed at the time.

Ron: So we wanted to tease without saying anything.

Laura: Right.

Laura: That's what it was.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: Laura's muted herself to shout at Mackie.

Ron: For some reason, all of these new.

Laura: Listeners go through the dog flap without.

Ron: You putting on Heirs and Graces for.

Laura: It'S.

Ron: Fine.

Laura: They know her dog is garbage.

Laura: She's just eating all the bits of egg that has fallen on the floor.

Laura: So there you go.

Laura: That's the admin of why some things canonically don't make sense in this episode.

Ron: Sorry, wallowing egg remnants.

Laura: This is horrible.

Laura: Egg detritters everywhere.

Ron: Laura ate what was it?

Ron: Five eggs?

Laura: Four eggs.

Ron: Four eggs.

Laura: Ron made his questions really hard.

Laura: Should we have given that away?

Laura: I mean, they knew, didn't they?

Laura: They knew.

Laura: Listen, so that's all happening.

Laura: Thank you.

Laura: To H, who messaged us on the patreon.

Laura: They've just joined up and basically said they'd been working their way through the back catalogue and just hit the episode where we mentioned that we'd started a patreon and they said they couldn't have got there quick enough.

Laura: So we thank you very much for doing that.

Laura: That's really kind of you.

Laura: This is starting to maybe look like something that could be, like, long term in it.

Laura: Ron people like it.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: I mean, we've already been doing it bloody ages.

Laura: Yeah, I know you feel like that.

Ron: But I've been yeah, I don't have an elephant's graveyard of failed projects leaving behind.

Laura: I do.

Laura: Don't go to that shadowy place, ronald so that's happening.

Laura: You've been so lovely on the socials this week.

Ron: Everywhere that the light touches.

Ron: What light?

Laura: Somebody else gets an opportunity.

Laura: That should have been Laura's.

Laura: Anyway, listen, one day will be my day.

Laura: What's going to happen to me, I think, is one day I'll get my big break when I'm like, in my seventy s and people will go, yeah, why?

Laura: Why wasn't she huge before this?

Laura: It's weird, that, isn't it?

Laura: And I'll be like, yeah, you dickheads.

Laura: Anyway, Erin, enjoyed your community reference.

Laura: Ron, you're finding your fans one at a time.

Laura: Hello, Erin.

Laura: Thank you very much.

Laura: Thank you, Kevin, for showing us Canadian mini eggs.

Laura: Cook along with Ron is turning into a thing that people are excited about.

Ron: Ron well, they're running out of time.

Ron: As of time of record.

Laura: Why?

Ron: Need 70 patrons by the end of the week, otherwise no cook along with Ron.

Laura: Oh, was that 70 patrons?

Ron: 60 for Eggathon.

Ron: 70 for scrambled egg.

Ron: Cook along.

Laura: Right, I forget all of the things that you're declaring, right?

Laura: No, I don't.

Ron: 80 patrons by the end of the week.

Ron: Eggathon too.

Laura: No, I refuse point blank to eat another boiled egg for entertainment, at least in this calendar year.

Laura: My tommy feels horrible.

Laura: Ron and I thought this chocolate would squash it down, but it's horrible.

Laura: Earth.

Ron: Eat more.

Laura: Yeah, okay.

Laura: And thanks to Hannah, who showed us actual chickens and was able to show us chicken earlobes and the resultant eggshells from those earlobes, out of all of.

Ron: The weird s*** that we've gone through in this podcast.

Ron: Chicken Earlobes is the one that the small number of my friends that listen texted me about.

Laura: Yeah, I've got a headache from all the eggs.

Laura: An eggache.

Laura: So, listen, enjoy this episode.

Laura: What happens in this episode?

Laura: It's not bad, actually.

Laura: And then in the quiz, it falls apart.

Laura: Catastrophically.

Laura: But, hey, enjoy.

Laura: Hello, Ron.

Laura: Hello.

Laura: It's episode 43.

Laura: Do you know what?

Laura: If this is episode 43, that means we're like, ten episodes off having done a year's worth of content.

Laura: Ron, that swung roundabout, hasn't it?

Ron: Yeah, it has.

Ron: Should we do should we do something for it?

Laura: I've already put it in the spreadsheet.

Ron: Anniversary special for the year or for the 50?

Laura: For the 52.

Ron: Yeah.

Laura: Anniversary special.

Laura: I thought yeah.

Ron: We talked about this, didn't we?

Laura: Probably you're in a bad mood for unknown reasons.

Ron: Shut up.

Ron: But let's not do paper.

Laura: Dig and dig.

Ron: It because we're not married.

Laura: Dig and dig.

Ron: I think it's all of my life.

Laura: I have searched for a land like this one.

Ron: It should be what should it be?

Laura: Challenging country I couldn't design.

Ron: What should it?

Laura: Hundreds of dangers await and I don't plan to miss one.

Ron: What should it be?

Laura: Anyway, we can plan another time.

Laura: We've got a lesson to do right now.

Laura: 43.

Laura: And it must be biology again, isn't it?

Ron: No, it's chemistry today.

Laura: How is it never biology?

Laura: Because we're doing it all out of sync.

Ron: We did mess up the order a bit, but we did do two biologies in a row.

Laura: Shut up, Ron.

Ron: One of them wasn't can't wait for that to come out.

Ron: That's going to be so good.

Laura: It's already out now.

Laura: Shut up.

Ron: It's not out of date of record.

Laura: Yeah, but we this Inception style chat that we do in this podcast is just well, you're the one bringing up.

Ron: My grump so that people can trace it all back.

Laura: Why don't you just tell me what it is?

Ron: Friday 3 March.

Ron: Fine, we'll just say it.

Ron: Let's just start stating the date at the beginning of everything.

Laura: Why don't you just you just tell me what's going on and we'll pause the recording where you tell me and then I can leave it alone.

Ron: I don't want to talk about it.

Laura: Why do you get your d*** trapped.

Ron: In the door repeatedly?

Ron: We're doing chemistry.

Ron: Chemistry?

Laura: Austrian radiation.

Ron: That's physics, isn't it?

Ron: And also, that episode has already come out and you're just thinking that you posted the notes on the Friday the 3 March.

Ron: You posted the notes on Twitter today of that lesson.

Laura: Chemistry, then.

Laura: I don't think I have my notebook for that.

Laura: Chemistry.

Laura: Oh, no, wait a minute.

Laura: Is it that one?

Laura: Acids.

Ron: Twas twas acids.

Laura: Oh, yeah.

Laura: I don't really remember it.

Laura: That's the one that's going out next week.

Ron: They are close now, aren't we?

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: We're right in an absolute scum with chemistry, aren't we?

Laura: Yeah, none of it's good.

Ron: So we're doing a bit more acids.

Laura: Can you my DNA is an acid.

Ron: Can you laura, can you remember what you get when you react a acid?

Laura: Why are you talking like this?

Laura: Gone all mad?

Ron: Sorry.

Ron: Please don't bully me right now.

Laura: Why not?

Laura: You feeling a bit delicate.

Laura: Do you want to burn?

Ron: Because I'm so strong and I don't want you to ruin it.

Laura: Strength is not silence.

Laura: Ron Barry, be a hero.

Ron: Can you remember what happens when you react an acid with a metal?

Laura: No.

Ron: Remember what you get?

Laura: No.

Ron: What comes out?

Laura: Do you want me to look it up?

Laura: Let's have a look.

Laura: Let me see.

Ron: Hydrogen gas and a salt.

Laura: You get a hydrogen gas and a salt when you do, what makes.

Ron: Acid with a metal?

Laura: Acid plus metal equals hydrogen and salt.

Ron: Acid plus metal equals hydrogen gas.

Ron: Hydrogen gas.

Laura: Hydrogen gas.

Ron: How does hydrogen gas be.

Laura: Chilling?

Ron: How does it exist?

Ron: What is hydrogen as a gas?

Ron: A pair h two.

Laura: H two.

Ron: And then you get a salt.

Ron: Do you know what a salt is, Laura?

Laura: NA.

Ron: No.

Ron: That's sodium, isn't it, Laura?

Laura: I thought that was a salt.

Ron: Sodium chloride is a salt.

Laura: Oh, CL minus no, wait, let me read more of my notes.

Laura: I won't just shout them all at you.

Ron: Don't just say things.

Laura: Hey.

Laura: An ionic compound tears.

Ron: Well done.

Ron: You read out the right, so this section is just titled soluble salts.

Laura: Soluble salts.

Laura: Soluble salts.

Laura: Get soluble salts from the window.

Laura: Man.

Ron: It'S good.

Laura: Thank you.

Ron: Soluble quote soluble salts can be made from acids by reacting them with solid insoluble substances such as lead, metals, metal oxides, hydroxides or carbonates.

Laura: That was one of those sentences that I didn't really follow.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: Soluble salts.

Laura: What's a soluble salt?

Laura: What?

Ron: What do you think soluble is?

Laura: It goes in something.

Ron: No, biscuits aren't soluble and they go in your mouth.

Laura: Nah, but that's eating, that's not solubilizing.

Ron: Okay, so what's the difference between a biscuit and a soluble thing?

Ron: What does it do?

Laura: Biscuit would dissolve, though, wouldn't it?

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: There you go.

Laura: That's the way you explore it, are soluble.

Ron: They might be, but can you define something that's soluble then?

Laura: Yeah, it goes in dissolve.

Laura: Yeah, but dissolving is just being in something.

Laura: When a biscuit is in my mouth, technically, it's dissolved in my body because it's hiding in amongst my body.

Laura: Just like when you dissolve something.

Ron: No, that is wrong and thick.

Laura: No, because we talked about this.

Laura: When something dissolves, it's all broken down and it's like in amongst all the atoms of the thing it's in and a biscuit is doing that.

Laura: When it's in my mouth, it's broken.

Ron: Down and then it's like dissolving in your saliva.

Laura: Then it's dissolving in my mouth.

Laura: But on a macrocosm.

Ron: It's not dissolved in you.

Laura: It is.

Ron: It is not dissolved in laura, it's.

Laura: Gone down, broken up.

Laura: It's dispersed in and around me.

Ron: No.

Laura: Yes, no.

Laura: Yes.

Ron: No.

Laura: Yes.

Ron: No.

Laura: Yes.

Ron: Moving on.

Ron: Soluble salt.

Laura: Ron, I've not written down any of this and I feel like in a minute we're going to move on.

Laura: And this is the base layer and it's not going in.

Laura: It's all coming in crooked.

Ron: No, this is a nub, to be honest.

Laura: What's the soluble salt?

Ron: This is the end piece of bread from the last loaf.

Laura: The last loaf?

Laura: Soluble salt.

Ron: Salts.

Laura: And a salt is an ionic compound.

Laura: An ionic is sharing the electron, stealing the electron.

Ron: More stealing.

Laura: Yeah, more stealing.

Ron: I mean, you could define it just by it's the one made out of ions.

Ron: But.

Laura: A charge ion has a charge electricity like an ion.

Ron: It's either given away or it's received an electron.

Laura: An electron?

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: So a soluble salt gets in a metal and what happens?

Ron: A soluble salt can be made from acids, reacting them with solid insoluble substances.

Laura: Such as wait, wait, metals, metal oxides, hydroxide, or carbonate.

Laura: Wait, sometimes it's like you don't even want me to learn.

Ron: Sometimes I do want to annoy.

Laura: Ron, I wish we could just talk about your problem so that this episode would go better because you crying.

Laura: I might.

Laura: No, I'm not.

Laura: I just look a bit weird today.

Laura: Do you want me to cry?

Ron: Do you want me to read that list of things again?

Laura: No, I want you to just wait.

Laura: Soluble salts.

Ron: So why are you yeah, write it down there.

Laura: I'm trying to.

Ron: I'm waiting for you.

Ron: And then you said something about making the episode go better.

Laura: It was going fine, started screaming.

Laura: Soluble salts are made by acids and you put the acid on a metal, is that right?

Ron: Metals, metal, oxides, hydroxides and carbonates.

Laura: No, you said something before that soluble.

Ron: Salts can be made from acids by reacting them with solid insoluble substances.

Laura: Right, okay, so comma wait, put an acid on and solid insoluble what substances?

Ron: But I don't want you to get confused and think that everything that is solid and insoluble, if you react it with an acid, you will get a soluble salt.

Laura: Well, it feels like that's what you've just said to me.

Ron: Well, yes, because you keep on saying.

Laura: Right, okay, now continue and I will scribble out that full stop.

Ron: Such as?

Laura: Okay, such as I'll do that in caps.

Ron: Such as metals, metal, oxides, hydroxides, and carbonate.

Laura: Down.

Laura: God, metals.

Laura: What else?

Ron: Just do it to a song so you can remember it.

Laura: Well, I can't listen and write down at the same time.

Ron: Do it to the tuna.

Ron: Ron, we didn't start the fire.

Laura: Say it slower.

Ron: Metal, metal, oxides, hydroxides or carbonates.

Ron: Now you can remember it.

Ron: We made us for you, the soul.

Laura: It was made from acid and a cooked reaction.

Ron: To you.

Ron: It's good content.

Laura: I just don't know if this is how I want to make money.

Ron: Hydrochloric.

Laura: Right.

Laura: I've written that list down now.

Laura: So you get some acid, you put it on a metal or a metal oxide or a hydroxide or a carbonate.

Laura: And that's how I make soluble salts.

Ron: Yes.

Ron: So, for example.

Laura: This involves driving to Taunted from brightest example.

Ron: I'm going to kiss punch you in the throat if we ever have to talk about that again.

Ron: If we took some sodium, lovely sodium, and we erected that with our old friend hydrochloric acid.

Laura: Okay, so N A plus HCL.

Ron: Yes.

Ron: Then we'd get box standard normal table salt, sodium chloride that obviously dissolves in stuff because the C, the C is dissolved.

Laura: Hey, have I balanced that right?

Laura: Ron?

Laura: So if we were doing that, would it be N A plus two HCL equals NaCl two plus H two.

Ron: Sorry, say that again slower.

Laura: N a yeah.

Laura: Oh, hang on a minute.

Laura: Do you want me to do it to a tune so that you understand it?

Ron: Yes, please do it to the tune of Vienna by Billy Joel.

Laura: I only know the word Vienna in that.

Laura: How does the middle bit go?

Ron: Slow down, you grease it out.

Ron: Okay, just a wham b****.

Laura: Plus two HCL equals NaCl two plus h two.

Ron: No, I'm sorry, that wasn't right.

Laura: N A plus it will be two.

Ron: N A plus two HCL equals two NaCl rather than NaCl two, because the NA only has one sad boy that it gives to the chlorine atom.

Ron: So you have to do that twice.

Laura: Okay, well, never mind them.

Laura: So we've got some sodium, we've got some hydrochloric acid, and then we mix them together and we get table salt and hydrogen gas.

Ron: Yes.

Ron: The solid is added to the acid until no more reacts and the excess solid is filtered off to produce a solution of the salt.

Laura: Lovely.

Ron: What we're talking about here is how to make pure salt.

Laura: Yeah.

Ron: So you have your acid.

Laura: We don't want it cut with any chalk.

Ron: You have your acid, you add sodium, you keep adding sodium until the sodium stops reacting.

Ron: Then you philtre it, philtre out that sodium.

Ron: And then there's a practical activity required.

Ron: So here's what I want you to do.

Ron: I want you to get some acid, mix it with a metal.

Laura: All right?

Laura: I've got a Travel Lodge mug with a small amount of tea in the bottom.

Laura: Got some acid, I've got hyaluronic acid.

Ron: Show me.

Ron: What is that?

Laura: I don't know, I just put it on my face every day.

Laura: What is it?

Laura: Hyaluronic acid.

Laura: 2% plus B?

Laura: Five.

Laura: What is hyaluronic acid?

Laura: I've got another acid, too.

Laura: I've got niacinamide.

Ron: I don't know.

Ron: Let's not do that, though, that sounds expensive.

Ron: Basically, what you need to know is that you make a soluble salt, you evaporate all the water you left.

Laura: I want to do the practical bit.

Laura: This is possibly the most exciting thing that's happened.

Ron: Practical activity eight.

Laura: What do you mean eight?

Ron: Preparation of a pure dry sample of a soluble salt from an insoluble oxide or carbonate, using a Bunson burner to heat dilute acid or and a water bath or electric heater to evaporate the solution.

Laura: Have you conned me out of seven other practical?

Ron: Yes, it's a podcast, but we could have done this.

Laura: When I came to stay.

Ron: I didn't have a Bunson burner.

Laura: Why not?

Ron: Nor a water bath.

Laura: Why not?

Laura: That feels like exactly the sort of thing we should be spending the patron money on.

Ron: Can you see my mic stand?

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: I wish you would buy a proper one.

Ron: Yeah, but if I'm using this, I'm not going to buy a tank of gas and a Bunson burner.

Ron: Well, did we ever release either who won the love island or the name of the mole?

Laura: No.

Ron: Yeah, we signed some promises there.

Ron: Not going to now, either.

Ron: Moving on the PH scale and neutralisation.

Ron: What have you done?

Ron: Have you closed something?

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: Hang on, let me find it again.

Laura: Sorry, it wasn't the clean feed, so we're safe.

Laura: This is just such dull content.

Laura: I want to mix my acids together.

Laura: I looked up what Hyaluronic acid is and it's a substance that your body produces that is a lubricant in your skin and joints.

Laura: That's what it is.

Laura: I put it on my face to make me look youthful and delicious.

Ron: It's a nice looby face you've got.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: I'm going to be young forever.

Laura: I really like this stuff because it comes with a little dripper made of glass, so you feel like a scientist when you put it on.

Ron: That is quite nice.

Ron: Very essential oils.

Laura: Satisfying.

Laura: I've got another one, too, for my CBD oil.

Laura: Not like actual CBD oil, but it's a calming lavender scented one that I put on my pillow to go to sleep.

Ron: It's actually got CBD in it, I think.

Laura: It has, yeah.

Laura: And petchouli oil.

Laura: Jasmine and Frankincense.

Ron: I love jasmine.

Ron: Yeah, jasmine's my favourite.

Ron: Summer breeze makes me feel fine wheels.

Laura: Of my mind cannabidial boswellia Carter eye oil.

Ron: Allah, Allah, she's the greatest dancer but, Laura, how do we message how acid message.

Ron: Measure how acid messages.

Laura: So his grumpiness is something to do with messaging.

Ron: How do we measure how acidy something is?

Laura: Taste it.

Ron: How do we know?

Ron: But how do we record how acid it is?

Ron: Measure it that way.

Laura: Litmus paper.

Ron: Is there a unit for acidiness?

Laura: No.

Ron: So how do we measure it?

Laura: Litmus paper.

Ron: There's no, like, acid units.

Ron: They're not called rockins.

Ron: And, like, 50 Rogins for this.

Ron: It's on the.

Laura: Acid scale.

Ron: The PH scale.

Ron: You do that?

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: What does PH stand for?

Laura: Palmer houticle?

Ron: No, I think a little I will Google, but I think a small P like that is something to do with concentration.

Ron: And then the H literally means, like, hydrogen ions.

Ron: What does PH mean?

Ron: Please.

Ron: The letters PH stand for potential of hydrogen.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: Excited.

Laura: It's kind of like a school report for a poor old hydrogen.

Laura: Like, oh, what's your potential?

Laura: OOH.

Laura: That japan.

Laura: Smells strong.

Ron: Do they still smell of marmite?

Laura: No, that was my finger.

Ron: Yeah.

Laura: So we measure on the lunch today.

Ron: Oh, yeah.

Ron: Winds are not.

Laura: That'S good.

Laura: Well done.

Laura: No noodles.

Ron: Bolo.

Laura: Somebody seen dad recently?

Ron: What?

Laura: Just chatting.

Laura: Knots.

Ron: Dad used to wear a bolo tie.

Ron: Be excited if you did.

Laura: What's a bolo tie?

Ron: It's like one of those ones that you see, like cowboys or like, oil men wearing where it's just like, linked there, but it's just kind of like string.

Laura: Oh, that's a bolo tie, is it?

Ron: Yeah.

Laura: Exciting.

Ron: What makes an acid an acid?

Ron: Laura, rally off.

Laura: Come on.

Laura: Lots of hydrogen.

Ron: It's propensity to lose or produce hydrogen ions.

Ron: We said the same thing.

Ron: What makes an alkali?

Laura: Acid equals propensity to produce and lose hydrogens?

Ron: Hydrogen ions.

Laura: Hydrogen ions, which are different to hydrogen.

Laura: So an alkali would be the opposite of that propensity to destroy and gain hydrogen ions.

Ron: No, we've talked about this before.

Ron: That's not it at all.

Laura: Cool.

Laura: You are banned from saying, we've talked about this before as well.

Laura: Because I'm just sick of it.

Ron: A year in.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: So just accept that.

Laura: It doesn't matter if we've discussed it before.

Laura: Treat everything like throwing it in your face.

Ron: Increase in regularity.

Laura: No, let's just treat all information as if it's day one on Earth.

Laura: It's like 51st dates, but with science.

Ron: Do you remember how water is constantly breaking apart and having to pull itself back together again?

Laura: Remember it?

Laura: It's haunting my life.

Laura: I can't cope with the world anymore.

Laura: I was looking at a canal earlier and just like, careful, goose.

Laura: You don't even know what you're in.

Ron: I thought you were referring to yourself as goose.

Ron: Like, you just, come on, goose, you're late for the trip.

Laura: Is actual goose.

Ron: All right, goose.

Laura: Mackie serious about geese.

Laura: She always wants to talk to them, but they hiss at her, and I think they'd beat her in a fight.

Ron: Oh, they'd kill her to bits.

Laura: So what is an alkali?

Laura: A goose.

Ron: So you remember how water is breaking up all the time?

Ron: One of the things that breaks up to these oh, you could do a.

Laura: Really cute cartoon where water is like that couple that you've known since college where you're like, just break up and stay apart this time.

Ron: Is that cute?

Laura: Yeah.

Ron: Who have you hung out with this week?

Laura: Just you, my grumpy, secretive brother.

Ron: Shut up, goose.

Laura: Does that mean you're Maverick?

Ron: No, I'm the canal.

Laura: This isn't tearing yourself apart and putting yourself back together.

Ron: This isn't a cool planes thing.

Ron: This is a drab British countryside thing.

Ron: So water breaks apart all the time?

Laura: Water?

Laura: Yeah.

Ron: One of the things that makes is the hydrogen ion.

Ron: What was the other thing?

Laura: Remember oxygen?

Laura: Gas?

Ron: No.

Laura: Ox.

Laura: Yeah, it must be something to do with oxygen.

Ron: But it breaks apart into one hydrogen ion.

Laura: H plus just single ho.

Ron: Oh, hydroxide hydroxide ion.

Ron: Hydroxylus hydroxide ion.

Laura: Hydroxide ion.

Ron: Yeah.

Laura: Relate that back to Alkali's quickly.

Ron: So acids make more h pluses alkalize make more oh, minuses oh.

Laura: Cool.

Ron: The PH scale.

Ron: Lord.

Ron: Do you know where it goes to?

Laura: And from seven.

Laura: Seven to seven, I think you said this last time.

Ron: Seven to seven is zero.

Ron: That's nothing.

Ron: That's no change.

Laura: Seven to minus seven.

Ron: No.

Laura: Then, no.

Laura: I don't know.

Ron: Zero to 14.

Ron: Seven is the middle.

Laura: Oh, okay.

Ron: Goes from seven to seven.

Laura: Why is that weird?

Ron: Because that's not going anywhere.

Ron: That's just the number seven.

Ron: The PH scale can't just be seven.

Ron: Can't be 123456.

Ron: PH minus.

Laura: What?

Laura: I meant minus seven to seven.

Ron: Seven to seven a solution.

Laura: 53.

Ron: A solution with PH.

Laura: Which one is 14?

Laura: Acid or alkali?

Laura: Alkali.

Ron: 14 is alkali.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: Purple.

Ron: I don't really know why, though.

Laura: Why?

Ron: What if it stands for potential of hydrogen?

Ron: Why alkali would because you'd think there's.

Laura: All science is f*****.

Ron: It's all f*****.

Laura: To be fair, it's f***** up.

Laura: It's jumper.

Laura: Come on, Goose.

Laura: You can do it.

Ron: Goose.

Ron: What are you in?

Laura: Um you had to give yourself a nickname.

Laura: What would you call yourself?

Ron: I did.

Ron: I call myself Ron mum's.

Ron: Still not happy about it.

Laura: Cameron.

Laura: Do you think we've ever told the podcast you're called Cameron?

Ron: No, probably not.

Laura: Do you want me to delete that bit?

Laura: Yeah, that's your edit.

Laura: You won't do it.

Ron: No, I won't.

Laura: I don't even think you edit them, really.

Laura: I think you just put the sound effects on the beginning and the end.

Laura: I was relistening to one of yours the other day and you'd even left on the bit where I was like, okay, I'm recording.

Laura: And then we started and I was like, Why has he left this bit on?

Ron: I find those bits really charming.

Ron: I do that on purpose.

Ron: I do quite a lot of editing.

Ron: I edit out lots of arms and R's and stuff.

Laura: But then you leave on just okay, recording.

Ron: Yeah, I like those bits.

Laura: Why?

Ron: It's like a peak behind the curtain.

Laura: You'd say that.

Laura: Yeah, I cut them off.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: Nobody likes your episodes.

Laura: Everybody loves my episodes.

Laura: The best.

Ron: Five minutes long.

Ron: There's the quiz.

Ron: Goodbye.

Laura: Imagine that if we develop, like, two separate fan bases, somebody that's only listening to all the evens and someone that's only into the odds.

Ron: Well, I think eventually what we should do when we're up to once a week patreon, you do the patreon edits and you can make those really high effort.

Ron: And then I'll just do the normal content.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: All right, then sign up to the patreon, please, so we can make Ron's dream of a sound effect free podcast a reality.

Ron: You say that like all other podcasts are crammed with science sound effects.

Laura: That's not something that you SP that we have.

Ron: It's a up.

Ron: I don't know if it's got the s.

Laura: My head is so unhelpful.

Laura: It just went Universal Serial Puss.

Ron: What do you think USP stands for?

Laura: I know it's not that, but USB means Universal Cereal Bus.

Laura: So then my head supplied universal Serial Puss.

Laura: It's not helpful.

Laura: My brain.

Laura: I've made my gel pens do a dance.

Laura: You're in such a bad mood.

Laura: You're not driving the episode.

Laura: And one of us needs to be driving an episode at all times.

Ron: We're having a lovely time.

Laura: What's wrong with your voice today?

Laura: Ron, please tell me what's wrong.

Ron: I've just got gravitas.

Ron: If you could who's your favourite funny person?

Laura: You.

Laura: What are you typing?

Ron: I just opened in my laptop again because we're not doing much content.

Ron: There's a thing called Universal Indicator which helps you tell how acidy something is, right?

Ron: You may remember this from school.

Ron: You put some drops in and then it goes colours.

Laura: Iodine.

Ron: No, iodine is actually a stain for starch.

Laura: Stain for starch by the squeeze.

Ron: I've sent you something on the WhatsApp web.

Laura: I've actually got my WhatsApp web closed because I'm working.

Laura: Excuse me while I load it.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: I said alkalis were purple and acids were red, didn't I?

Ron: When?

Laura: Earlier on.

Ron: Listen, back when I'm doing this edit, I'll do one of Ron's interjections because.

Laura: Actually, I've drawn it on my notepad.

Laura: See?

Ron: I can see you're just showing me PH neutral, red, purple in the correct colour pen.

Ron: Right.

Ron: Green in the middle, next to neutral.

Laura: Bought my green pen.

Ron: I hope you've brought an orange or yellow and a blue.

Laura: Why is my phone ringing?

Laura: Not going to answer that.

Ron: Who is it?

Laura: I don't know.

Ron: My new phone has terrible fingerprint recognition and it's really annoying because I'd say a strong two thirds of the time I have to type in the code.

Ron: But before I'm allowed to do that, I have to mash my thumb on him three times.

Ron: Why?

Ron: Miss American Pine drove my Chevy to Levy but the Levy was dry and good old boys were drinking whiskey and rye singing this will be the Day.

Ron: You know what's nice?

Laura: Yeah.

Ron: We might get to hang out at Robin and Katie's wedding when that happens.

Laura: Yeah, that'll be nice.

Ron: That'll be a fun day.

Laura: Anyway.

Laura: Okay, back in I can't remember where we were.

Laura: Edit break.

Ron: There'll be a lot of me singing before that edit break, though, I hope.

Laura: Sure.

Laura: Edit.

Ron: I'm going to leave it all in your secrets.

Ron: Reveal.

Ron: So universal indicator.

Ron: You looking at your WhatsApp web.

Ron: No.

Ron: We already did that, didn't we?

Ron: I do need a way a solution with a PH of seven is neutral.

Laura: Yes.

Ron: Aqueous solutions of acids have values of less than seven.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: Okay.

Ron: Aqueous solutions of Alkali's have PH values of greater than seven.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: Logic.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: Squelchy in neutralisation reactions between an acid and an alkali.

Ron: Hydrogen ions react with hydroxide ions to.

Laura: Produce no, say that again.

Laura: I was distracted.

Laura: What did you say?

Ron: In neutralisation reactions?

Laura: Yes.

Ron: Hydrogen ions.

Ron: React with hydroxide ions to produce water.

Ron: Yes.

Ron: H plus plus oh, minus arrow.

Ron: H 20.

Laura: I believe you.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: Right.

Ron: Laura, rattle back to me what I told you is something that makes an.

Laura: Acid a propensity to produce and lose hydrogen ions.

Ron: Absolutely.

Ron: So can you, from that deduce, what would be the difference between a strong acid and a weak acid?

Laura: A weak acid produces and loses sort of proportionally fewer than a strong acid.

Ron: Absolutely.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: So some of them, because all of these things like your HCLS and your H two, so four S and all of these things, on some level, they can exist together as a thing.

Ron: Like if you got some solid hydrochloride, it would be hydrogens and chloride.

Ron: Chlorides bound together.

Ron: Yeah.

Laura: Right.

Ron: So in some of them, when they're in solutions, they will stay like that and then release them sometimes, if that makes sense.

Ron: This will probably make sense.

Ron: Right.

Ron: So a lot of strong acids will be the ionic ones because of what we've talked about, about how when they get dissolved, they just separate.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: Hydrochloric.

Laura: All the inks run out in my brain printer.

Laura: So the little things are going, like, across, but nothing is appearing on the paper.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: 404.

Ron: Error.

Laura: It's not even that it thinks it's doing it's doing it.

Laura: It thinks it's printing.

Laura: It's like, here you go, here's the information.

Laura: And then when I look at the paper, there's nothing there.

Ron: So hydrogen ion is a hydrogen that has lost its electron.

Ron: It's given its electron to the chlorine atom to become a chloride ion.

Ron: Yes.

Laura: Okay.

Ron: Then the hydrogen has a plus charge.

Ron: Chloride ion has a negative charge.

Ron: So when they are solid, they're buddies, they stick together, they form a giant ionic lattice.

Laura: Yeah.

Ron: We remember the lattices potatoes, when they dissolve, it breaks the lattice because the water gets all involved.

Ron: They fly apart and they're swimming around happily.

Ron: aqueously yeah.

Laura: Aqueous cream.

Ron: Understood.

Ron: So hydrochloric acid is a very strong acid because, you see, it's basically there got 100% propensity to lose that hydrogen, and that hydrogen to become free in solution and make the solution acidic.

Ron: That makes sense.

Laura: And the chlorine is just buzzing about on its own as well.

Ron: Chlorine is there.

Laura: Yeah.

Ron: It's not really part of the acidity thing.

Laura: Okay.

Ron: So you see how that because it's an ionic compound that makes a very strong acid.

Ron: Because they dissociate completely.

Laura: No.

Laura: Why does the ionicness of that matter?

Ron: Because the ionicness is the fact that they're both ions which make an ionic lattice when they're a solid, and then that gets broken apart.

Ron: So 100% of the hydrogens with the chlorides then are loose, becoming making acid.

Laura: Why wouldn't that happen with another type bond?

Ron: Because when you have especially so what's the strongest type of bond?

Laura: I thought it was an ionic bond.

Laura: No, it's not metallic.

Ron: No.

Laura: What's the other one?

Ron: The one that makes molecules?

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: Covalent.

Ron: Covalent.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: So when you have a covalent acid, a molecular acid, one of its hydrogens will be there attached by Covalent bond.

Laura: Right.

Ron: So only a certain percentage of those are going to dissociate at any one time.

Ron: Some of them, because it's a much stronger bond, so it holds on to the hydrogen a lot better.

Ron: Some of them still break free, but it holds onto them a lot better.

Ron: So you see that that's a weak acid because it has a lower propensity for releasing hydrogen ions into the water.

Laura: Right, okay.

Ron: Does that make sense?

Laura: Sure.

Ron: It's the same with alkaline.

Laura: So basically, anything involving a compound molecule thing makes a less strong acid because it's a stronger bond.

Ron: Just focus on the fact that higher propensity, some of them hold on to the hydrogens more.

Ron: That's a weak acid because the hydrogen is still associated with what it originally.

Laura: Hope you've got a strong super ego, because you've got a weak acid.

Ron: It's nice.

Laura: Thank you.

Laura: Fire runs.

Laura: Got a lighter?

Laura: Like the naughty boy at Detentron.

Ron: As the PH decreases by one unit, the hydrogen ion why is this in this bit?

Ron: Not in the PH bit?

Ron: Bollocks to it.

Ron: As the PH decreases by one unit, the hydrogen ion concentration of the solution increases by a factor of ten.

Laura: So for every one step on the PH scale, that pertains to ten hydrogens.

Ron: No, a factor of 1010 times.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: Ten times.

Ron: It's like the Richter scale.

Laura: Let's not confuse it.

Laura: Okay.

Ron: And that is acid.

Laura: Right.

Ron: Feel good about it.

Laura: There's a lot of words that in my head, are very similar, so I don't hold out high hopes for the quiz.

Ron: But I think it makes sense, though.

Ron: I think it's all logical.

Ron: So hopefully when we come back to the quiz, I think you'll be able.

Laura: To pull but I won't know the right words.

Ron: Yeah, but I'm usually quite generous with that.

Ron: As long as you don't say something outwardly wrong.

Laura: As long as you don't mind if I get ions, molecules, covalent and ionic confused everything.

Laura: Exactly.

Laura: But I know it.

Laura: I just might not use the right terminology.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: But that's probably fine.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: Okay.

Laura: Lovely.

Laura: Thanks, Ron.

Ron: No worries.

Ron: Quiz, quiz, quiz, quiz, quiz, quiz, quiz, quiz, quiz, quiz, quiz, quiz, quiz mr.

Laura: Quizman, read me a quiz.

Laura: Make it the nicest quiz.

Ron: Bad idea.

Laura: That's good, because all I could think of was the word cheers.

Ron: Laura, can you remember what we were doing in chemistry?

Laura: Chemistry?

Laura: Yes.

Laura: If you don't, that's acids and alkalize.

Laura: Hey, shut up.

Laura: Give me the benefit of the doubt, actually, what was happening.

Ron: But you don't remember.

Ron: You've read it out from your notes.

Ron: Ron, you can just say no, I don't.

Laura: I do remember because, one, I've already edited it.

Laura: Extra revision.

Laura: Two, we kind of have done this subject twice, and I was trying to remember which episode was which.

Ron: Well, if we've done it twice, what difference would it?

Ron: Also, we haven't done this twice.

Ron: Shut up, mackie.

Laura: Mouse.

Laura: Don't do that.

Laura: So downstairs record, we have done it twice.

Laura: We've covered, like first of all, we did h pluses coming out of Salty Solutions, and that if there's a propensity to more h pluses that's acid, what.

Ron: Do we do on the other one?

Laura: But that wasn't this episode.

Ron: That was this episode.

Laura: No, it wasn't.

Ron: Yes.

Laura: No, it wasn't.

Laura: That was episode yes, it was.

Laura: I promise you it wasn't.

Laura: That was episode 39 in in Chemistry.

Laura: And this is episode 44.

Laura: It was slightly different.

Ron: We were talking about how to make a soluble salt.

Laura: Yeah, we probably were, but I'm just saying we covered acids and stuff a couple of times.

Ron: Yes, but then different stuff to you.

Laura: Yeah, but that's like saying, oh, I'm a pig farmer.

Laura: Yes, but specifically what breed?

Laura: Most people don't give a s***.

Ron: Yeah, but then circle back to where you don't remember.

Laura: What do you think remembering is?

Laura: To remember is an active process.

Laura: I need a second to remember it.

Ron: To read your notes, which categorically it's just not remembering.

Laura: F****** ease that might jog my memory and then I will be in this.

Ron: World reminiscent my mind's.

Ron: A blank.

Ron: What did we do last time?

Laura: Read blank.

Ron: Soluble salts.

Ron: This is how they were made.

Ron: My memory's been jock.

Ron: Now.

Laura: I remember I was explaining to you that it's not a blank, it's full of stuff.

Laura: Just processing which bits I need right now.

Laura: If anything, I've remembered too much stuff.

Ron: Okay, laura, can you please, for five marks 58, 11, 12, 13, 14, 14 marks available across the quiz.

Laura: It's Ron's counting segment Doodoo for five.

Ron: Marks laura, how do you make a soluble salt?

Laura: Remember the song you put an acid on a solid insoluble substance such as a metal a metal oxide, hydroxide or a carbonite.

Laura: Pretty good answer.

Ron: What was that last one?

Laura: Carbonite.

Laura: I think that might be an order.

Ron: Of none out of five.

Laura: Why did I get five?

Ron: Because it's carbonate.

Laura: Are you sure?

Ron: Yeah.

Laura: Okay, let me just change that.

Laura: I.

Ron: Well done.

Ron: You've read that answer perfectly.

Laura: F*** me.

Laura: You are so picky about how you want me to know stuff, but you don't know this.

Ron: You've read it after writing it down.

Laura: Who wrote it down?

Ron: You.

Ron: That doesn't mean that you know it.

Laura: Well, that's on the way to knowing it, though, isn't it?

Ron: The book knows it.

Ron: I guess.

Ron: Anyway, for three marks, please describe the PH scale I e.

Ron: Where it goes to and from and what it means.

Laura: Right, I'll tell you what, it tell you what it doesn't.

Ron: Do you miss there?

Ron: Unless you're watching this, because we are recording.

Ron: This is Laura pretend that she wasn't looking at her notebook by kind of looking at it under her elbow, which actually just really drew attention to the fact that she was looking at a notebook.

Laura: I don't like you right.

Laura: It goes from naught to 14.

Laura: What else did you ask?

Ron: Just to describe it?

Laura: It's a line that goes from zero to 14.

Laura: Seven is PH neutral and naught is an acid.

Laura: And 14 is an alkali or base.

Laura: And each marker on the PH is the level changing by a factor of ten.

Ron: Three marks.

Ron: Well done.

Ron: That's very good.

Laura: I remember that factor ten thing that isn't written down.

Ron: Yeah, that's very good.

Ron: Actually, I was going to ask you how many more H plus ions are there in an acid at two on the PH scale versus three.

Ron: So you've already kind of answered that.

Ron: So four marks, and we'll skip that question for Brevity.

Ron: Yes, Laura?

Ron: Please describe the neutralisation reaction, including state symbols.

Laura: Who what?

Ron: Please describe the neutralisation reaction.

Ron: Like what happens when something gets neutralised, like when you mix an acid and a base.

Laura: We didn't talk about that.

Ron: Yes, we did.

Laura: No, we didn't.

Ron: Yes, we did.

Ron: What makes an acid an acid?

Laura: More h minuses.

Ron: Jesus f****** crush.

Ron: Have you ever heard me say the words H minus?

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: More h pluses.

Ron: Yeah.

Laura: More h pluses.

Ron: F*** about.

Ron: And what makes an alkaline alkali?

Laura: More oh minuses.

Ron: Yeah, there we go.

Ron: So what would there a neutralisation reaction be?

Ron: You're mixing those two things makes water.

Laura: They join up and make water.

Ron: And now the state symbols for these.

Laura: I don't know what a state symbol is like.

Ron: You'd put in brackets an L for liquid, an G for gas, an S for solid, or an AQ for aqueous I ae.

Ron: They've been dissolved.

Laura: We didn't do that.

Ron: Work it out.

Laura: No, I don't want to work things out.

Laura: I just want to parrot back what.

Ron: I've been told you want to read from your little book.

Laura: That's fine.

Ron: Work it out.

Ron: The options are solid, liquid, gas Aqueous solid, liquid, gas aqueous.

Ron: Solid, liquid, gas, aqueous you put the state symbols next to the things on the reaction.

Laura: What reaction?

Ron: The reaction that you just talked.

Laura: I can't do that.

Laura: I don't know what you're saying.

Ron: Do it.

Laura: I don't.

Ron: Do it.

Laura: I don't know what you're saying.

Ron: Ron, what was the reaction that you.

Laura: Just said makes water liquid?

Ron: Say it as a reaction.

Ron: Say it as a reaction.

Laura: Oh, water.

Ron: Shut up.

Ron: Say it as a chemical reaction.

Laura: Equals water.

Ron: What equals water?

Laura: The things that you said.

Laura: I don't know what they were.

Ron: You said them.

Laura: I hate this so much.

Ron: What makes an acid an acid?

Ron: Use smooth brained f***.

Ron: What makes an acid an acid?

Laura: What did we say?

Laura: H minuses.

Laura: H plus is?

Laura: H pluses.

Laura: H pluses.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: What makes an alkali an alkali?

Laura: I know.

Laura: Say jumpy mackie mackie.

Ron: Lorraine.

Laura: She's really stressed about me doing this.

Ron: What makes an alkaline alkaline?

Laura: Oh minus is okay, say it as a chemical equation.

Laura: H plus plus oh minus equals h 20 neutral.

Ron: Okay, now apply a state symbol to each of those three things.

Laura: Michigan, Ohio, pennsylvania.

Ron: You're not funny.

Laura: Yeah, I'm funny.

Laura: What are you shouting at?

Laura: Piggle?

Laura: Yeah, I'm cross, too.

Laura: Um, I think hydrogen is a gas.

Laura: So we'll go gas aqueous liquid.

Laura: Because I don't know what an oh minus is.

Laura: Is that solid?

Laura: I don't know, Laura.

Ron: Yeah, but it's not hydrogen, is it?

Ron: It's hydrogen ions.

Laura: Oh, you are so weird about that.

Laura: Yeah, all right.

Laura: Hydrogen ions.

Laura: What's that, then?

Laura: A solid?

Ron: Think think back to let's talk about something on your level.

Ron: Let's think about cartoons.

Ron: You like cartoons?

Ron: Disney in cartoons, when you have an acid, is it ever a solid?

Laura: Yeah, sometimes.

Ron: When?

Ron: Name one time when there's been a solid acid.

Laura: Rabbit.

Laura: It's quite goopy.

Ron: And you'd describe that as a solid, would you?

Laura: Yeah, like one of those goops that's halfway between a solid and a liquid.

Laura: Well, I said gas and you said it wasn't.

Ron: Yes, you're right.

Ron: Those are the two options.

Ron: It's like getting s*** from a stone.

Laura: So liquid.

Laura: Do you just want me to say liquid?

Ron: Well, this is the problem with you not remembering things.

Laura: We didn't talk about this.

Ron: Yeah, but work it out.

Ron: We talked about dissolving things in water, turning it into an acid, remember?

Laura: So what do you want?

Laura: Liquid.

Laura: Liquid?

Laura: Liquid.

Laura: What do you want?

Ron: No.

Ron: Right.

Ron: You're not getting the mark for this.

Ron: Aqueous.

Ron: Aqueous liquid.

Laura: What does aqueous mean?

Ron: Dissolved.

Laura: Yeah.

Ron: You've got a rotten head.

Laura: No, you didn't teach me that bit.

Ron: You should have been able to work that out.

Laura: No, I shouldn't, because I didn't know what aqueous was.

Ron: You're allowed to control a vehicle with other people in it.

Laura: Yeah, it's made of solids and it's burning liquid and turning it into gas.

Ron: Actually can't burn liquids.

Laura: What?

Laura: Say it louder, you f***.

Ron: You actually can't burn liquids.

Laura: Yes, you can.

Laura: You turn them into gas first.

Laura: That's completely yes, you burn gas.

Laura: Yeah, but it's a liquid when I put it in.

Ron: Laura, what makes a strong acid strong?

Ron: Weak acid.

Ron: Weak.

Laura: The propensity to release hydrogens.

Ron: Yes.

Ron: And for a bonus mark, hydrogen ions.

Ron: I'm sorry, it is different.

Ron: And actually you're not getting a bonus mark.

Ron: Now, can you give an example of a strong attitude?

Laura: What the f*** just happened there?

Laura: I clarified and was better.

Laura: And you go cross?

Ron: Yeah, it's about the attitude, really.

Laura: My attitude sucks every time I answer a question.

Laura: All right.

Laura: Whether I've masked it is irrelevant.

Laura: My head looks tiny.

Ron: You're a small woman.

Laura: Tiny head, good distressing gown.

Laura: I'm wearing silk pyjamas.

Laura: It's an absolute renegade.

Ron: Can you give an example of a strong acid?

Laura: Hydrochloric acid in my tummy.

Ron: Yes, that's a strong acid.

Ron: All right.

Ron: Endocris.

Laura: F****** hate you.

Laura: I think I've got another egg burp coming to do two gigs tonight.

Laura: Mainly burps.

Ron: Are you going to tell them about all the eggs that you've eaten?

Laura: Probably.

Laura: I don't have much philtre when I'm on stage.

Laura: Facts just come out.

Laura: Fact, I ate eggs.

Laura: Hey, Labrads, I want to know how do you feel about the peak behind the curtain bits?

Laura: Are you team Ron on this?

Laura: Do you want to hear all of our idiot chatting or do you like a sleekly edited podcast full of sound effects?

Ron: What do you be listening to?

Ron: This podcast?

Ron: If they wanted something sleekly edited.

Laura: I edit mine real sleekly.

Ron: I don't know, it's more just kind of an overtone of nonsense in your once.

Laura: Nah, it's just because I don't want any silence.

Laura: So anytime we have to think about anything, I just think, oh, let's put the noise in.

Ron: Yeah, all right.

Ron: Laura, do you know what we're covering today?

Laura: Honk?

Ron: Honk?

Ron: No, I'm not sure, actually.

Laura: Wrong.

Laura: Yeah, it's nice.

Laura: All right, well, let us know.

Laura: How do you feel about the sound?

Laura: Well, we know how you feel about the sound effects.

Laura: You love them.

Laura: And how do you feel about Ron's peak behind the curtain bits?

Laura: Abby mentioned, I think, on Instagram, that they would really like a lab rats meetup.

Laura: And hey, we think that we will be able to offer in June we will be announcing the very first live Lexx Education show.

Laura: What?

Laura: It's going to be on in the autumn, probably in Landon.

Laura: And if that's something you're interested in, we will be announcing it on Patreon first.

Laura: So if seeing the very first Lexx Education Live show is of interest, sign up to the patron to make sure you see the ticket link before they are all gone.

Laura: Because I do believe the venue we are playing, there are fewer tickets than we currently have patrons, so we kept it small.

Laura: We had to book it in quite a long time ago, not knowing where we'd be.

Laura: So if that's something you want to be at, make sure you are signed up to the Patreon so that you get first dibs on the tickets.

Laura: Any other business, Ronnie?

Ron: No.

Ron: Full of egg.

Laura: I'm very full of egg.

Ron: We can record a quiz and an episode this fall.

Laura: Yeah, but at least it's not physics.

Ron: No, it's not physics.

Laura: Egg inception.

Laura: All right.

Laura: And the lesson.

Laura: Hey, thanks for listening, you beautiful people.

Laura: We think you're simply marvellous.

Ron: Yes, we do.

Ron: Cluster Smith.

Laura: You're just staring straight at me.

Laura: How can you forget?

Ron: Every time.

Laura: Every time.

Laura: All right, Ron, see you later.

Laura: Bye.

Laura: Class dismissed again from me.

Laura: And Cluster Smith, from your dad too.

Laura: Bye.

Laura: Giddy from eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment