Lexx Education - Episode Index

Episode 1 - Biology - A Lego Brick Full of Meccano                          Introduction to cells. Episode 2 - Chemistry - Bob Marley and th...

Monday 19 June 2023

A Lot of Plants Are Outside

 Laura: Hello and welcome to another episode of Lexx Education, the comedy science podcast, where comedian Me Laura, the one and only Lexx, tries to learn science from her brother.

Laura: Hello, Ron.

Ron: Hello, I'm Ron.

Laura: Ron, while I was saying that, I noticed that my honeysuckle is in bloom.

Laura: That's the one climbing up the wall.

Ron: Oh, very nice.

Ron: It's outside.

Laura: Yeah, like most plants.

Ron: A lot of plants.

Laura: A lot of plants are outside.

Laura: How are you, Ron?

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: How are you, Laurie?

Laura: Do you know what, Ron?

Laura: Parenting is very difficult.

Laura: Yeah, I see you struggling.

Laura: Yeah, I am really struggling with it.

Laura: It's very harder than I could possibly have imagined, for reasons I don't fully understand.

Laura: Why they're hard.

Laura: Like, none of it's a surprise.

Laura: And it's not like parents haven't banged on since the dawn of time about how tiring and exhausting it is, but then somehow it's still sort of surprising.

Laura: It's weird.

Ron: I think it's because it's actually happening to you now, rather than you hearing about someone else.

Ron: Yeah, it feels a bit different, don't it?

Laura: I think it's that there is no respite from it.

Laura: So Tom's been away for ten days and so every waking moment of her day requires me, and she's at an age where she can't do anything well at all.

Ron: She's quite incompetent.

Laura: Oh, my God.

Laura: It's so annoying.

Laura: So I'm just required and it is what I want, but it's a lot.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: So that's where I am.

Ron: It's not what I want.

Laura: No.

Laura: You don't want kids, do you?

Ron: No.

Ron: Especially not now.

Laura: You're going to say especially not yours, you b******.

Laura: Anyway, you can't have her.

Laura: She's mine.

Laura: Hello, listeners.

Laura: Welcome to another episode.

Laura: It's Biology week.

Laura: Whoop.

Laura: Whoop.

Laura: Look, I know you don't want to talk about your personal life, but you have to talk about something.

Laura: You can't be monosyllabic biology.

Ron: We talk about bioenergetics and that's about it.

Ron: We cover very little content.

Laura: I'm confused with this episode because the next biology that we do is kind of the same, but worse.

Laura: And so I can't remember what's in this one now, because I can only remember the last one we did.

Ron: Not so different to any other episode.

Laura: No, that's true.

Ron: Very mean to you.

Ron: In the last record, you were horrible.

Laura: But thank God for the surprise breakout that we had three times.

Laura: Anyway, listen, exciting news.

Laura: There are now two Lexx Education live shows happening in 2023.

Laura: They both went on sale last week.

Laura: We released them to the fabulous Patrons First.

Laura: So the one in Balham on the 5 November only has two tickets remaining at the time.

Laura: We're recording this.

Laura: So if you're listening now, and this is news to you, if you don't follow us on social media, that's fine and dandy.

Laura: Stay off social media.

Laura: It's the worst.

Laura: But those tickets are 99% gone.

Laura: There are two left.

Laura: If you and one person want to come, go to Cheerfulearful Co UK and buy those last two tickets.

Laura: Unless they've already gone by the time we put this out.

Laura: It's currently Saturday.

Laura: What are you doing?

Ron: Seeing if they've gone.

Ron: How do I find it?

Laura: Oh, God, my honey suckle is so nice.

Laura: Dead, eh, De?

Laura: How do I find oh, my God.

Ron: Ron clicked by tickets.

Ron: Yeah.

Laura: Two remaining two tickets left.

Laura: Right.

Laura: But what I meant more was, like, will they still be there when this has gone out?

Laura: Because obviously this isn't going out for two days.

Ron: Yeah.

Laura: So if they have gone and you do still want to see a live show this year, don't worry, because there's another live show on the 16 September.

Laura: We're part of the London Podcast festival.

Ron: Yeah.

Laura: Which feels fancy.

Laura: It's at King's Place, which is a really fun venue.

Ron: We think it's fancy because the Complete Guide do it every year, so we.

Laura: Feel like we've made no, I've been there to do other things.

Laura: I did a London Podcast Festival show last year for someone else and it was just it's like a cool, like, artsy building.

Ron: Yeah.

Laura: It's less pubpy than a lot of stuff that I do.

Ron: We're artsy start.

Laura: Don't put crud on the microphone.

Laura: Absolute crap heap.

Laura: So 02:00 p.m on the 16 September Now, listen, it's an optimistically sized room.

Ron: No, it's not.

Laura: It is.

Ron: We filled 50 in, like, a second.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: So why did we book a 200 seater for the others?

Ron: We have months.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: So please buy tickets and bring eight friends and all come and see us live at the London Podcast Festival.

Laura: We've put it at 02:00 p.m.

Laura: Because we're really aware that both of our shows are London.

Laura: And I know that the whole world isn't in London.

Laura: H***, we don't live in London, but that's just where venues have been offered to us.

Laura: If these go well, we will think about trying to do them further around the country and stuff.

Laura: Maybe a Bristol show.

Laura: That would be nice.

Ron: Maybe a Brighton show.

Laura: Yeah, maybe a Brighton show.

Laura: That would make sense.

Laura: I live here.

Ron: Maybe we'll go as far north as.

Laura: Birmingham, I don't know.

Laura: Let us know if you're listening in Birmingham.

Laura: Have we got strong support in Birmingham?

Laura: I think Kay is in Birmingham.

Ron: One of the fab rats, Mabes.

Laura: It feels like if we know our listeners all on the first day basis, we probably don't have enough listeners to do a national tour to venues.

Ron: We'll come to your living room and do a show.

Laura: We should do that as a patreon level.

Ron: No.

Laura: If you give 100 pounds a month, we'll come to your living room anyway.

Laura: For tickets for the London Podcast Festival, go to Kingsplace Co UK and please buy tickets.

Laura: It will be so fun.

Laura: We don't know quite what we're going to do, but there'll be a big whiteboard for the notepad.

Laura: I was thinking I didn't tell you this actually wrong.

Laura: I think I'm going to buy a big whiteboard, and then I can make my notes on it.

Ron: Okay.

Ron: I was thinking about doing a PowerPoint.

Laura: Oh, can we do a practical?

Ron: No.

Laura: Even if it's just something like a banana.

Ron: You want to eat a banana?

Laura: I don't know.

Laura: I'll make a potato clock or something.

Laura: A potato clock?

Laura: A potato clock.

Laura: Oh, where can I find a potato clock?

Ron: Maybe, I don't know.

Ron: Haven't planned it.

Laura: You're very apathetic today.

Ron: No, I'm not.

Laura: You are.

Ron: I just like, oh, yeah, cool.

Ron: Make some vinegar and some pierce or something.

Ron: Make a fountain.

Laura: Have you p***** yourself again?

Laura: We could make you know, in American sitcoms, they're always trying to make volcano dioramas.

Laura: Should we make a volcano diorama?

Ron: I don't think so.

Laura: Okay.

Laura: All right, then.

Laura: Well, listen, enjoy this episode.

Laura: It's bioenergetics energy changes and plants having lunch.

Laura: Oh, dumb dumb.

Laura: It's not biology.

Laura: It's not any of those things we just said it was.

Laura: It's chemistry.

Laura: Ron doesn't make very good notes.

Ron: No, I don't.

Laura: I wish you would.

Laura: It would make my life so much easier if you just do it.

Ron: I don't want to.

Laura: So listen, what is it?

Laura: Energy changes.

Ron: Energy changes.

Laura: Chem energy changes.

Ron: Charles Bradley.

Ron: Very nice.

Laura: Thank you.

Laura: I was actually doing the Kelly and Ozzy Osborne version.

Ron: Okay.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: So it's chemistry, so have at it.

Laura: But we do still talk about Photosynthesis.

Ron: Yeah.

Laura: Your energy today is wildly off putting.

Laura: Oh, lo.

Laura: I should have eaten the snack before we started recording.

Laura: I went and got it, and it's twiglet, so that's not quiet.

Ron: No.

Ron: Good.

Laura: I've said it.

Laura: A lot of me out.

Laura: Can you do a lot of talking up top?

Laura: Also, look, I've got a massive bag of marshmallows.

Ron: Eat those.

Ron: Maybe they'll be soft.

Ron: At least in the mouth.

Laura: Yeah, that's true.

Laura: Mouth soft for your convenience.

Ron: Okay, Laura.

Ron: Jeez.

Laura: Whoa.

Laura: It's the wacky ballistic podcast.

Laura: Full of wacky new enterprises.

Ron: So different to the last episode.

Laura: Yum.

Laura: Oh, my God, these smell so sweet.

Laura: Hurt.

Ron: Listener.

Ron: Pretty good.

Ron: Now whack a twiglet into contra.

Laura: Hey, if you put a marshmallow on a twiglet, it looks like we're going camping and we're going to roast them.

Ron: You hear that twiglet crunch in there?

Ron: That's the difference.

Ron: The twiglet represents the podcast we used to be.

Ron: The marshmallow represents the podcast we are now.

Laura: Everybody except you was fine with how the podcast was, Ron, and it's the same.

Ron: We're entering a new stage.

Ron: No longer crunchy bitter sticks, now squashy high energy.

Ron: Niceness.

Laura: Yeah.

Ron: Okay.

Laura: How are you, Ron?

Ron: I'm still bad, but we're doing come on.

Ron: This is our fifth record of the morning, so Laura, do you remember the last time we were doing chemistry?

Ron: We kind of came to the end of a section.

Ron: We did a bit of a wrap up of the whole thing.

Laura: It's that difficult bit where I didn't make any notes.

Laura: I just wrote inert lead bromide.

Laura: So I have no idea what we did.

Ron: Wow.

Ron: Okay, but that's fine because that's Podcast 1.0.

Ron: We're in podcast 2.0 mode right now.

Laura: It's a new financial year for the podcast.

Ron: Exactly.

Ron: Yeah.

Laura: Look, we're taking the anniversary from the chronological time because of Galileo.

Laura: However, Copernicus, I don't like the pink ones of these marshmallows.

Laura: They're too sweet.

Laura: However, technically, this is a new year.

Laura: This is like the April new year.

Ron: This is our new podcast year.

Ron: It's like the tax year or the Chinese year.

Ron: It's different.

Laura: Yeah.

Ron: Not necessarily worse.

Laura: So it's a new thing.

Laura: I'll be teaching Ron science this year.

Ron: What if we just did the last year again?

Laura: I loved the beginning, all that biology.

Laura: We did start with cells and atoms and stuff.

Ron: So what we're going to be talking about today is we're moving on to kind of a new subject within whoever swiggle it crunching.

Laura: Hang on.

Laura: It twiglets one of those crisps that even before you've licked your fingers for the first time, the dust really sticks to them.

Ron: I think that's the OMEL on my fingers.

Laura: Or the twiglet whose grease makes it stick.

Laura: Okay.

Laura: Sorry, Ron.

Laura: Please continue with my best good wishes.

Ron: So, moving on to a new topic within chemistry, and we're going to be talking about energy changes.

Ron: Okay?

Laura: Oh, haven't we just done all this in physics?

Ron: No, that was talking about forces.

Laura: That was energy.

Ron: It's different.

Ron: Okay.

Laura: Okay.

Ron: Go with me.

Laura: Papa's got some brand new chemistry.

Ron: So fundamental part of hello, where have you gone?

Laura: I'm writing down, can you not see me?

Laura: Fundamental part of likes to be able to see me all the time.

Ron: Otherwise I'm worried that you just miss my sister stuck in a bearing under your desk, dying like a hedgehog in a ditch or something.

Ron: A fundamental part of science is fundamental.

Laura: Ronda.

Laura: Mental rhonda.

Laura: You just got rhonda.

Laura: You love new girl.

Laura: Winnie the Bish.

Laura: Come on, Ron.

Laura: Hey, I know what will cheer you up.

Laura: Marshmallow try.

Laura: Oh, goodness me.

Laura: So, take a picture, I guess you take one of your screen and I'll take one of my screen.

Laura: I can't see very well.

Laura: Did you take one?

Ron: Yes.

Laura: You didn't, did you?

Ron: I did.

Ron: I took a screenshot.

Laura: Sugar all over my glasses.

Laura: Mark trouble with me is I can never remember how to take a screenshot.

Laura: Snack.

Ron: You didn't mix me up.

Ron: Twiglets and marshmallows.

Laura: Horrible combination.

Laura: Sticks and billows silhouette.

Ron: Can I please, gloria, can I please get one sentence into this?

Laura: There's so much sugar on my glasses now, I can't see anything.

Ron: Very important part of science is that energy can't be created or destroyed unless you're the sun.

Ron: No.

Ron: Why would the sun be outside the realms of science?

Laura: Just thought it probably was just the beginning of everything, isn't it?

Ron: No, it's really not where's the sun.

Laura: Gets energy from, Laura.

Ron: This is the logic of, like, Neolithic tribes, people we don't they were right.

Laura: If I had to worship anything I'd worship the sun.

Ron: No, you worship the moon, and that's weird enough.

Laura: I don't worship the moon.

Laura: I'm just buddies.

Laura: It's healthier than worship.

Ron: Energy doesn't like the energy was around before it was in the sun, and then it just radiates from the sun to us.

Laura: Okay, what's happening in the big old plasma ball of fire then?

Ron: Is that you trying to say sun in a smart way?

Laura: Yeah, because it's not a planet, is it?

Laura: It's just a ball of fire.

Ron: So what's happening there is fusion.

Laura: Is that not energy creation?

Laura: I thought that's what, like, nuclear physics was.

Laura: Well, split up an atom and then get some more energy out of it.

Ron: But then you've kind of just answered your own question there, haven't you?

Ron: Because the energy was in the atom.

Laura: What was it doing in the atom?

Laura: It was holding it together.

Ron: No, it was being mass.

Ron: E equals MC squared.

Laura: Never heard of it.

Ron: E energy equals M mass times the speed of light squared.

Ron: The two are interchangeable.

Ron: So when something like yeah, a nuclear reactor goes off and one of these things changes it's that energy.

Ron: That was mass.

Ron: That then is energy.

Laura: It's weird, isn't it, that it's squared so fast anyway, and then you've got to times it by itself.

Laura: It should be just a speed of something else.

Laura: That is the speed of light squared.

Ron: No, because nothing's faster than light.

Laura: Well, how can you square it then?

Ron: Because it's a number.

Laura: But what is it then?

Ron: It's the speed of light squared, which isn't anything.

Ron: It's a number.

Laura: Yeah, but it's not a thing anymore.

Ron: Not all numbers have to represent things.

Ron: And that number does represent something.

Ron: It represents the speed of light squared.

Laura: What they should call it is the speed of light.

Laura: There and back again.

Ron: Very nice.

Laura: Dirty little thinkers.

Ron: So energy can't be created, can't be destroyed.

Ron: All it can do is it sounds.

Laura: Like the beginning of a Marvel film, doesn't it?

Laura: It can't be created and it can't be destroyed.

Laura: But then in the last four minutes, one of the little iron f*** will, like, work out how to do it.

Laura: Oh, there was a little pedal that you could push and then you could.

Ron: As long as swallow it then.

Laura: But we needed this innocent human to be involved.

Ron: Got a hate sex reason?

Laura: I liked a few of them, and then they just got a little there were just too many and I couldn't concentrate anymore.

Ron: Yeah, them and these Disney live action remakes.

Ron: Yeah, what's the point?

Laura: Money?

Laura: Well, actually, to be fair, children love these live action remakes.

Ron: Children are f****** idiots, though.

Laura: Yeah, but our parents thought that about us when we watched, like, new animation styles rather than all that Steamboat Willie stuff.

Ron: That is true.

Laura: Yeah, just what your eyes like adjusts generationally, I think.

Ron: Agony Dance.

Ron: Weird hatred of America.

Laura: Yeah, he does hate them.

Ron: Sorry.

Ron: America.

Ron: Anyway, so it can be changed.

Ron: We've talked about energy, America energy.

Ron: They're quite certain their ways still on sentence number one.

Ron: Can't be created, can't be destroyed.

Ron: It can be changed.

Ron: It can enter a system, or it can leave a system.

Ron: Okay.

Laura: All right.

Laura: Energy changes create no, destroy.

Laura: You'd better not believe it.

Laura: And then I'll draw a little system.

Laura: Hello.

Laura: The system energy can go in and it can come out.

Laura: Nailed it.

Laura: Sentence one in the book, energy changes.

Ron: Happen during chemical reactions.

Ron: Thank you.

Ron: If you're going to eat twiglets, eat them quickly.

Laura: Go at sucking it to see if it was quieter.

Ron: It was quieter, but then so were you.

Ron: Sometimes, maybe.

Ron: I think we need a third host that one of us that one of us could talk to.

Ron: The other one being a problem.

Laura: Why?

Laura: We needed a producer character.

Ron: Yeah.

Laura: Tom's downstairs.

Laura: You want me to go and get Tom?

Ron: I think we should do an episode with Tom, but I think he should be patreon content.

Laura: Yeah, all right.

Laura: Actually, he was listening to an episode with me the other day.

Laura: Yeah, I know, but we were doing something, and I had to listen to it at the time, and it's the only way I can come anymore.

Laura: We listen to the podcast.

Laura: Oh, we bang.

Laura: What a horrible idea.

Laura: That would be just upset me, actually.

Laura: That's rank.

Laura: Some of these marshmallows are coming back up.

Laura: No, what was I talking about?

Ron: You were listening to it with Tom.

Laura: Yes.

Laura: And you said in the episode, oh, we should do an episode where Tom does the quiz, having not done the lesson.

Laura: And Tom was like, we should do that and then listen to the quiz.

Laura: And to be fair, I wouldn't have got any of those.

Laura: Right.

Laura: So, bam, I'm smart.

Ron: That's good.

Ron: Energy changes during chemical reactions.

Ron: Okay.

Laura: Hang on.

Laura: Let me write that down.

Laura: Let me sobered on the notes today.

Laura: Energy changes during chemical reactions.

Laura: Okay.

Ron: Energy changes happen during a chemical reaction.

Laura: Adding the word happen.

Ron: So let's take the reaction that we were talking about in the last episode, photosynthesis.

Ron: As you said, CO2 plus water equals sugar and oxygen.

Ron: Where's the energy come from?

Laura: Um the light.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: So the light energy comes down, lands on the plant.

Ron: Where is the energy gone.

Laura: Into breaking up the molecules.

Ron: Has it?

Ron: Why?

Ron: Why?

Ron: That what it's an endothermic reaction, remember?

Ron: So it's taking energy in.

Laura: Yes.

Ron: So energy is not being spent to break something, because then but if you're using energy to break something, where's the energy gone?

Laura: Least hot now.

Laura: Least hot now.

Ron: No, because it's an endothermic reaction.

Ron: The reaction is taking in energy.

Laura: Yeah, it's getting hot.

Ron: What is the reaction?

Laura: The leaf.

Ron: But we're talking about the reaction.

Ron: CO2 plus water.

Ron: Light shines down, makes sugar and oxygen.

Laura: Yeah.

Ron: So we've taken light energy.

Ron: Some of that is going to make the leaf hot.

Laura: Plants are always sunbathing.

Ron: Not always.

Ron: Sometimes it's dark.

Ron: The leaf is going to get hot.

Laura: They're still there.

Laura: There's just no sun.

Ron: Yes, it's not sunbathing.

Ron: That's just being outside.

Ron: You're right.

Ron: A lot of plants are outside.

Ron: Well done.

Ron: Now the light comes down.

Ron: It lands on the leaf.

Ron: It does heat up the leaf.

Ron: But photosynthesis is not heating up the leaf.

Ron: Where is the energy going within that reaction?

Ron: Think about the different types of energy that there are.

Ron: So, yes, light is one of them.

Ron: Heat is another one.

Ron: It's not nuclear energy because plants aren't radioactive.

Ron: We know this.

Laura: Some are.

Ron: It's not sound energy.

Ron: Photosynthesis doesn't plant noises, though.

Ron: Yes.

Ron: Follow that thread.

Laura: Chemical energy.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: Because what is sugar, baby?

Laura: It don't hurt me no more.

Laura: It's carbon, hydrogen and oxygen.

Ron: But what is sugar for?

Ron: Why do plants make it food for themselves?

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: And what is food for?

Laura: Eating.

Ron: Why?

Ron: Why do you eat food?

Laura: It's delicious.

Laura: Would you like a marshmallow?

Ron: No.

Ron: Why do you eat food?

Ron: Why do plants make food?

Laura: Hey, these are made of carbon, hydrogen and oxygen.

Ron: Most things are.

Ron: Laura, focus up.

Ron: Stop violating that marshmallow with a glue spreader.

Laura: I love my glue spreaders.

Ron: Why do plants, though, stop eating them then?

Ron: Why do plants make sugar?

Laura: For food.

Ron: For energy storage.

Laura: That is food.

Ron: Yes, but I tried to f****** ask you why you eat food and you just went, well, because it's delicious.

Ron: Nibbling on a marshmallow.

Ron: You were given the opportunity and you didn't take it.

Laura: There's Twiglet dirt on my lips and it's coming off on the marshmallow.

Laura: Marshmallow.

Laura: At least I'm happy.

Ron: Where is the energy stored in the sugar?

Laura: In the roots.

Ron: I'm going to let you try again.

Ron: Listen.

Ron: This time, blow them.

Ron: I said listen.

Laura: I've eaten too many marshmallows.

Laura: Now you can't contain me.

Ron: Where is the energy stored in sugar?

Ron: Does sugar have roots?

Ron: Can you not Google this, please?

Laura: I'm not googling it.

Ron: And what are you doing?

Ron: I can hear you type.

Laura: No, I wasn't typing.

Laura: I was just rubbing the computer with the glue stick.

Ron: Answer the question.

Laura: I'm thinking now there's like three options or a mystery.

Laura: Fourth option, sugar.

Laura: It's carbon, hydrogen and oxygen.

Laura: So the obvious answer would be today.

Laura: It's in one of those.

Laura: That doesn't feel right.

Laura: I think it's probably in the bonds between them or something.

Laura: It's like the holding the mass.

Laura: It's in the mass.

Ron: Oh, you were so close.

Laura: No, it's in the bond.

Laura: It's in the bonds.

Laura: I pull my head.

Ron: Oh, think, because think about this.

Laura: It's in the bonds.

Ron: Think about this.

Ron: The bonds is what's different between the CO2 and the water when you then turn it into sugar and oxygen.

Ron: The atoms are all the same.

Laura: Atoms are always never the same.

Laura: Always are, though.

Ron: So energy is stored in chemical energy is stored in the chemical bonds.

Laura: Yeah, that's what I said.

Laura: He's so proud of me for almost.

Ron: Getting that when you break or create them, energy is either released or stored in them.

Ron: Okay, yes.

Laura: Like nuclear energy.

Ron: No, because that's in the nucleus, not in the bond break.

Laura: It.

Ron: Okay.

Ron: So, for example, the more bonds that you break or the more bonds that.

Laura: You have to bring, like dogs, a bounty hunter.

Ron: The more energy can be released during the chemical reaction.

Ron: You're so hyperactive right now.

Laura: Eaten so many marshmallows.

Ron: You shouldn't have had Twiglets and marshmallows for breakfast.

Laura: I needed a snack, though.

Laura: They were left over from my Eurovision party last night.

Ron: So a lot of explosives contain molecules that have a triple bond in them.

Ron: So TNT, trinitro, toluene it has a triple bond in it.

Ron: So there's three trivia, there's three covalent bonds between two atoms in there.

Ron: Why do you think that would make that a good explosive?

Laura: Because Covalent is an easier one to break up than Ionic.

Ron: That's untrue.

Ron: The opposite, actually.

Laura: I thought Ionic was the strongest.

Ron: No.

Laura: F***.

Laura: Okay.

Laura: Because it's difficult to break it up, which means it's holding on tighter, there's more energy and there's lots of bonds.

Ron: Yeah, there's three bonds.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: Simple as that.

Ron: So it's a very dense way.

Ron: Like, there's a lot of energy.

Ron: It's very dense.

Laura: Although I'm dynamite in the castle, I.

Ron: Hope you blow it up when you explode the dynamite.

Laura: Do I do my job now?

Ron: That is the energy of all of.

Laura: These fire coming towards me.

Ron: All of these bonds breaking.

Laura: Big bang me.

Laura: Rodden, just play, play.

Laura: Don't fight the playing.

Laura: Come on, let's do a bit where some soldiers are playing with dynamite.

Ron: Okay.

Ron: Hi.

Ron: Sorry.

Ron: The war is still going on.

Laura: Really?

Laura: When the war ends, I'm out of a job.

Laura: Even my dad didn't even like me.

Laura: That's a Nobel Peace Prize man joke.

Ron: Yes, and I hope you find some peace with that later on.

Laura: Oh, I'm in dynamite therapy.

Ron: Who is your dad, though?

Ron: That's ringing nobel for me.

Laura: Oh, that's very good.

Laura: Dodo.

Ron: Stop.

Ron: Michael SCARIN.

Laura: Do you think technically, then, dynamite's surname is Nobel?

Laura: No, that's not how any of dynamite Nobel.

Ron: You don't watch your television logi, Baird.

Laura: I do.

Laura: We should.

Laura: I'm on my telephone.

Laura: Graham Bell.

Ron: You know, at and t the company in America.

Laura: Yeah.

Ron: That's the company ALexxander Graham Bell founded.

Laura: Really?

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: Just still going.

Ron: Cracking on.

Ron: Right.

Ron: Next up, Laura.

Ron: Thanks for the improv.

Ron: That really did lift my spirit.

Laura: But you are cheerier now, look.

Ron: Yes.

Ron: And we've only got a couple of things left to go through, Ron.

Ron: What?

Laura: Be happy to be with me, but it's the main portion.

Laura: Maybe we need to do two records a week so that you're less despondent.

Laura: By the time we get to the main bit.

Ron: We'll just record the podcast more when my life's not falling apart.

Laura: I thought you'd glued it back together yesterday.

Ron: It's a tricky thing, Ron.

Laura: It's always going to be falling apart to some respect.

Laura: Okay.

Laura: And you just have to learn to podcast through it.

Ron: I am.

Ron: Look, the next bit endothermic and like.

Laura: Two weeks you'll be in my house.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: You could really help me right now by just letting me finish a sentence and then talking.

Laura: Okay.

Laura: I'm going to put on mute and finish my twiglets.

Laura: Just spat twiglets all over the pop shield.

Laura: Okay.

Laura: Have a good time, Ron.

Laura: I'll see you in a bit.

Ron: This shouldn't have happened now because this is an easy bit that we've talked about before, but she actually has muted and is just eating twiglets on her own.

Ron: She looks confused, though.

Ron: That's a lot of twiglets at once.

Ron: So it's just exothermic and endothermic reactions.

Ron: We've covered this before during the Photosynthesis stuff.

Ron: Do you know what the difference between them is?

Ron: I think that exothermic is when the energy comes out and endothermics.

Ron: When energy goes in.

Ron: Yeah, that's actually right.

Ron: What form of energy comes out and in during these things?

Ron: Thermic kind of sounds like thermometer one of those in my kitchen.

Ron: So I'm going to say heat.

Ron: Yeah, that's right, actually.

Ron: So exothermic energy is coming out of the molecules in the form of heat.

Ron: Endothermic energy is going in.

Ron: It makes the surroundings seem colder.

Ron: Can you lauren, now that you're actually back and about to a mute, can you think of any examples of exothermic reactions?

Laura: Fire.

Ron: Yeah, combustion is a really easy one.

Ron: You're burning it, the energy comes out, things get hotter.

Ron: Any others that you can think of?

Ron: Friction not a chemical reaction.

Laura: Oh, put magnesium in water.

Ron: I don't think wet magnesium.

Ron: Do you mean potassium?

Ron: Yeah, that's one as well.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: Then other one.

Ron: Have you ever had one of those little hand warmers that when you click the little metal bit, then they get hot?

Laura: Yes.

Ron: Now, Trickier, can you think of any endothermic reactions apart from Photosynthesis?

Laura: No.

Ron: The only one that they really give in the syllabus is like self chilling, like ice packs that you see in sports sometimes.

Laura: I don't know what you're talking about.

Ron: It's just a bag that gets colder, basically.

Laura: And where's the heat going?

Laura: How is that endothermic?

Ron: You tell me.

Ron: Where's the where's the energy going?

Laura: Feels where's?

Ron: Yeah, where's the energy going?

Ron: Where does it go in Photosynthesis?

Laura: What a time to do.

Laura: Maybe your word, you being so smart.

Laura: Goes into sugar.

Ron: So where do you think the energy goes in that reaction?

Laura: Into the bonds.

Ron: Into whatever the product of that reaction is.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: Into the bonds.

Ron: Yeah.

Laura: Stops being heat altogether.

Ron: Stops being heat.

Ron: The energy changes.

Laura: Smashing.

Ron: Yeah.

Laura: That's wild.

Ron: Back to the title of the section, energy Changes a Verb and Changes.

Laura: Ron, you're getting a little bit big for your science boots.

Laura: Just stop it.

Ron: No, I just wanted you to think it through because now you've worked it out for yourself and it'll stick better.

Laura: Yes.

Laura: And use a nicer tone.

Ron: I'm being calm.

Laura: Yes.

Laura: And I don't really enjoy calm people.

Laura: They're boring.

Ron: Okay, last thing that we're going to cover today laura yes.

Ron: And how long have we been recording?

Laura: 29 minutes.

Ron: Not long.

Ron: Last thing we'll cover today is reaction profiles.

Ron: So.

Laura: Why that's like a dating profile, but for when you're trying to book extras for your movie, what reactions can you do?

Laura: Well, I and F*** is coming in to save the day.

Laura: Can you look surprised?

Laura: WA.

Laura: You've got the job, kid.

Ron: Can you please, on your paper, draw axes of a little graph that we're going to do?

Ron: We're going to do something.

Laura: Um.

Ron: How'S it going?

Ron: It should just be two lines.

Ron: You know what a graph is?

Laura: Yeah, but look, I've drawn a graph holding an axe.

Laura: Yeah, cause you said axes of a little graph, so I drew a graph holding an axe.

Laura: I should have done two really, because of the plural, but I didn't have time.

Laura: You started to ask what's happening?

Ron: Very good, very good.

Ron: That's why they pay you the silly money.

Ron: Can you draw?

Laura: That why I've never shared any of our patreon winnings with you.

Ron: Can you draw the axes, please, of a graph?

Laura: Okay, done it.

Ron: Show me.

Ron: Nice.

Ron: Okay.

Laura: Did you like the glittery purple I chose?

Ron: Yes.

Ron: The y axis is going to be energy level of the things in a reaction.

Ron: Okay.

Laura: Okay.

Ron: And the x axis is just going to be time.

Ron: Time as the reaction happens.

Ron: Okay.

Laura: Okay.

Ron: So could you, on your graph, draw on the left hand side at the beginning of the reaction, while time is lower, a line that represents the energy level of an exothermic reaction at the start of the reaction.

Ron: And then on the right hand side of the graph, a line that represents the energy level of all of the stuff after the exothermic reaction has happened.

Laura: No.

Laura: What are you talking about?

Ron: So the y axis is energy level of the things that we're reacting.

Ron: Okay.

Laura: Yeah.

Ron: So could you mark on your graph the energy level of things before and after an exothermic reaction?

Ron: What happens?

Laura: I'm thinking exothermic gives away energy.

Laura: So it's going to start high and go low.

Ron: Yep.

Laura: So I've done up at the top of the y axis, down at the bottom of the time axis.

Ron: Cool.

Ron: Yeah, no, really good.

Ron: Could you, from both of those, from the one on the left going right, draw a bit of a line, just a horizontal line and then do the same from the other one going the other way, but don't meet them in the middle.

Ron: Leave a gap.

Laura: Too late.

Ron: Show me.

Ron: That's not a horizontal line, is it, Laura?

Laura: What do you mean?

Laura: You've connected the two crosses.

Ron: Okay, try again.

Ron: Draw horizontal lines coming out of each of them.

Laura: No, that's not how graphs work.

Laura: And where do you want them to stop?

Ron: I don't want them to meet in the middle, but they.

Ron: Don't have to be.

Laura: They're at the other ends of the graph.

Laura: How are they?

Laura: They're never going to meet.

Ron: I don't want both lines to go to the middle just so that there's a gap in between them.

Ron: Okay.

Laura: Like that.

Ron: Perfect.

Ron: Awesome.

Ron: Okay, so remember our classic example of an exothermic reaction was combustion.

Laura: I'm tired now.

Ron: That's because you're crashing off all of this marshmallows and twinklets.

Ron: Remember combustion?

Ron: How do you set fire to something?

Laura: Matches.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: So you need a bit of energy to get it started.

Laura: Right, let's get it started.

Laura: Hot.

Ron: Right, this is what we call the activation energy of a reaction.

Ron: So what I want you to do with your graph is draw a bump in between them that then connects the two lines.

Ron: Okay.

Laura: What?

Ron: Draw a line between them that goes up for a bit in the middle.

Laura: Like a bump together, or just another little trudge.

Ron: Connect the two, but like a bump, like it's a hill.

Ron: It goes up in the middle.

Ron: All right, show me.

Ron: You've not connected the two and there's no bump.

Laura: There is a bump.

Laura: It's going up.

Ron: You've not connected the two.

Laura: So you want that line to go all the way, but I want it.

Ron: To go up from the top one like a bump.

Laura: What do you mean up from the top one?

Laura: Off the graph?

Ron: Yes.

Ron: I didn't ask you to do it at the top of the graph.

Laura: Like that?

Ron: Yeah, like that.

Ron: So what this is telling us is that when these reactions happen, you basically let me send you this.

Ron: So if we're following it from left to right over the passage of time, our reactants for the reaction are just sitting there.

Ron: They're at their high energy point.

Ron: They're waiting.

Ron: Then we throw a match on our reactants that gives them the activation energy.

Ron: The energy of the whole system is higher for a bit, but then, because it's an exothermic reaction, they then release a bunch of energy and that's why the energy level is then lower on the right hand side.

Ron: You get it?

Laura: Yeah.

Ron: So can you do the same for me, please, but for an endothermic reaction.

Ron: Okay.

Ron: Why has it gone down?

Laura: Because it's the opposite of the other.

Ron: One, but it still has an activation energy.

Ron: So the the activation energy bump needs to still be higher than the end product to move to the left a little bit.

Ron: No, because you're done a bump that is higher than the do a bump.

Laura: On a thing that's just going up anyway.

Ron: Go too high and then come back down.

Ron: Your clown.

Laura: Why would it come back down?

Ron: Because there's an activation energy that you need to put in and then it falls back down to the end product.

Laura: Happy now?

Ron: I can't see it.

Ron: Where is it?

Laura: It's here.

Laura: In a really weird orange colour.

Ron: Well, no, because the bump that you trust me, the bump that you've done is not higher than the end product.

Laura: For f*** sake.

Ron: Don't get s***** with me because you have done it wrong.

Laura: I can't listen anymore because I'm tired.

Ron: Yes.

Laura: Okay, that's close enough.

Ron: F****** h***.

Laura: Which is the other one?

Laura: That's right.

Laura: I'm just going to circle the two that are right.

Ron: The other one, that was an exothermic reaction.

Laura: That's endo.

Laura: And that's EXO.

Laura: No, that's EXO.

Ron: Okay, so what this means I'm already.

Laura: Dreading writing the alt text for these notes.

Ron: So the Activation energy is often inputted into the system by heat.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: So if you think about cooking so, for example.

Laura: Flambe let's.

Ron: Okay, so here's one.

Ron: So dissolving something dissolving something is a chemical reaction, right?

Laura: Insolution.

Ron: So if you put sugar in cold water doesn't dissolve as quickly as it does in hot water, does it?

Laura: Say that again?

Ron: If you put sugar sugar in in.

Laura: A kicking cooking water in cold water.

Ron: It doesn't dissolve as quickly as it does in hot water, does it?

Laura: No, because of entropy, because of Activation.

Ron: Energy and all of the s*** that we're discussing right now.

Laura: Right now.

Laura: We were discussing it.

Laura: Yes, and I agree.

Ron: But it does eventually it does eventually dissolve, doesn't it?

Ron: You could get it to dissolve.

Laura: Yes.

Laura: Stir it una.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: So that's an example of where the Activation Energy is lower.

Laura: Stirring.

Ron: No, it's heat.

Ron: F***.

Ron: You have to stop chiming in when you have nothing to add.

Laura: Never say anything.

Ron: No jokes.

Ron: Jokes and fun things when I'm done with a sentence.

Ron: Okay.

Laura: Jokes and fun things when I'm done with a sentence.

Laura: The spit off podcast from Ron.

Ron: The Activation Energy is still lower than the energy in the system.

Ron: But if we then heat up the water, there is more energy.

Ron: So there's more likely that the sugar at any one point is going to be above that Activation Energy.

Ron: However, there are some things where the Activation Energy is just not high enough at, let's say, room temperature.

Ron: So if you had, like, a chicken breast that you wanted to eat, no matter how long you leave that out on the counter, it's not going to cook because the Activation Energy would take to cook that thing is just too high.

Ron: But if you then apply a bunch of heat, it cooks quickly because you've gone above the Activation Energy of the chemical reactions that need to take place.

Ron: Understand?

Ron: Where did I lose you?

Laura: This isn't science.

Laura: Just put chicken on a work top doesn't work.

Laura: That's a science.

Ron: But you understand that I have explained why.

Laura: Because you aren't cooking it.

Ron: Yes, but do you not understand the difference between the two examples that I gave where one happened?

Laura: I wasn't listening.

Ron: Yeah, the sugar dissolving in the water, stirring.

Ron: It's not about f****** stirring.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: Heat a chicken and it cooks activation heat.

Ron: But do you understand the difference between the two examples that I've explained?

Laura: No, they're very different.

Ron: Sugar will dissolve in cold water.

Ron: Okay.

Ron: Yeah, but it dissolves quicker at higher temperatures.

Ron: Yeah, because the activation energy taken to dissolve sugar is lower than water at room temperatures.

Ron: Energy levels.

Ron: Okay.

Laura: Okay.

Ron: The difference between that and cooking a chicken, please.

Laura: Can you use the chicken sound effect for I won't.

Ron: I'm going to play like Flight of the Valkyries or something in the background.

Ron: Just real doom and gloom music.

Ron: Why cooking a chicken?

Ron: The activation energy it won't just happen slowly because the activation energy is too high for room temperature.

Laura: Chickens got high standards.

Ron: You understand?

Laura: Yes.

Ron: Okay, cool.

Ron: That's everything we need to run through today.

Laura: Cool.

Laura: Should we do another episode?

Laura: We've got time.

Ron: No, I want to punch.

Ron: Just punch.

Ron: I need to punch.

Laura: When you come to my house we can do some boxing if you like.

Laura: 90 patrons will do box along with Ron and Laura.

Ron: Maybe we will.

Laura: All right.

Laura: Bye Ron.

Laura: Bye.

Laura: Hang on, let me get the notebook.

Laura: Yep.

Ron: Oh, we should post the notes from the cook along at some point.

Laura: Yeah, same room quiz.

Laura: Actually, I think the notes from the cook along are mainly unreadable.

Ron: Yeah, that's just my handwriting though.

Laura: But the note just says hummus satsiki flatbread.

Ron: Yeah, that was the order of which we cooked things.

Ron: You see these numbers?

Laura: Yeah.

Ron: So we did that first, then we did that, then we did that.

Laura: Ron and I have started playing a new video game where we cook together.

Laura: It's not overcooked, it's cooked.

Laura: Serve delicious three.

Laura: And I have complete screen illiteracy for being able to read what the game wants from me.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: You really just can't tell what's happening.

Laura: No.

Laura: Bad at it.

Laura: Anyway.

Laura: Episode.

Laura: Oh, the page is stuck together with a big watch of blue tack.

Laura: Wow.

Laura: Oh we did graphs.

Laura: Okay.

Laura: Energy changes.

Laura: Is it?

Ron: Yeah.

Laura: Create no, destroy no.

Ron: Five marks available.

Laura: Okay.

Laura: There's an axe here.

Laura: What is this?

Ron: It's been a long time since we record.

Laura: A long time?

Ron: Almost a month.

Ron: Right.

Laura: We've had some stuff going on.

Laura: Mainly child of the podcast.

Ron: You ready?

Laura: Yes.

Laura: Question mark.

Ron: In which type of reaction is energy destroyed?

Laura: None.

Laura: Energy can't be destroyed.

Ron: Well done.

Ron: Yes.

Ron: Create fundamental, destroy no.

Laura: Is that what that means?

Ron: I imagine.

Laura: Can't make it, can't live without it.

Ron: What?

Ron: Laura is an endothermic reaction.

Laura: Endothermic is like an enderman.

Laura: It takes you in, it kills you.

Laura: You take in heat.

Ron: Sure.

Ron: That is I guess correct.

Ron: Give me an example of an endothermic reaction.

Laura: Ice.

Ron: Ice is frozen water.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: Takes in heat, becomes water.

Laura: Changes state a reaction.

Ron: What's the reaction?

Ron: That's not a reaction, that's a state change.

Laura: State change.

Ron: You're close.

Laura: Close.

Ron: Good try.

Laura: Yay.

Laura: I don't know then you think of any reactions?

Ron: You've not said one.

Laura: I don't know what reaction is.

Ron: Multiple chemicals coming together.

Laura: Sugar.

Laura: Sugar.

Laura: Good.

Ron: Try again.

Ron: That's a chemical?

Laura: Yep.

Laura: Hydro.

Ron: What reaction makes sugar?

Laura: Glucose.

Ron: That's another word for sugar?

Laura: Electrolysis.

Ron: What's?

Ron: Electrolysis?

Laura: To sticks.

Ron: Is that a reaction?

Laura: Yes.

Laura: To electrons and positrons.

Laura: Positive.

Laura: What are they called?

Laura: Protons.

Ron: What reaction makes sugar?

Ron: Where does sugar come from?

Laura: Plants.

Ron: Yeah.

Laura: The sun hydromytosis.

Laura: What's it called?

Laura: Chronoclong.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: Crimo.

Laura: What's it called in the leaves?

Laura: Chloromo.

Laura: Chloro.

Ron: Chlomaclong.

Laura: Clim.

Laura: Chlorim.

Laura: Chloromom chloroform chlorophyll.

Laura: Chlorophyll?

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: What thinking of?

Ron: You're thinking of chlorophyll and chloroplast photosynthesis.

Laura: Is that endothermic well.

Ron: How does photosynthesis work?

Laura: Light goes in, sugar comes out.

Ron: And what is light?

Laura: Don't hurt me.

Laura: Energy.

Ron: Yeah.

Laura: Endothermic.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: You're getting no marks.

Laura: I am.

Ron: Blanket rule for the podcast.

Ron: Moving forwards.

Ron: If you say CLOM kong before you answer the question, you get nothing.

Laura: I'm very tired.

Laura: My eyes are so itchy because of pollen.

Ron: Stop.

Ron: Itching them.

Laura: No.

Laura: How is that going to help?

Laura: Just you just don't want me to itch them.

Ron: FLexx it out.

Laura: You're so stupid.

Ron: Laura, for the next one, what are the axes of a reaction profile?

Laura: X and y.

Ron: Roll my eyes.

Ron: Quite sassy.

Laura: Energy and time.

Ron: And just energy in general.

Laura: Energy level of stuff in a reaction.

Ron: Wouldn't you read the whole sentence?

Laura: Because it didn't feel sciency, what I've written, so I thought I'd maybe it's kind of clarified for myself.

Laura: But that that wasn't the science answer.

Laura: Energy level of stuff in a reaction.

Ron: That's basically it.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: I'll give you that.

Ron: Yes.

Laura: Also written time.

Laura: Like the herb.

Ron: Jesus.

Ron: Okay, now you have to close your book.

Ron: Nah, well, actually, no, you need the book on another page.

Laura: I don't want to draw any more graph.

Ron: You have to draw a graph, Ron.

Ron: I'll select this unbanterous black gel pen.

Ron: Ron, please, without looking, draw the reaction profile of an exothermic reaction.

Laura: Oh, I don't know or care.

Ron: Think it through.

Laura: I did.

Ron: Okay.

Laura: Summering along down here, having a party, being itself.

Laura: Then it takes in lots of energy, then it has its that, and then the energy goes away.

Ron: So when you burn something, do you think it takes in a lot of energy in the middle?

Ron: I'm just going to say zero marks.

Laura: Fine.

Laura: I don't care.

Laura: I just wanted to be home.

Ron: Okay.

Ron: End of the quiz, bunny.

Laura: Yeah, because that's what's happening.

Laura: You start a fire and then the fire gets to be too much for the wood and it can't hold anymore and it burns.

Laura: Isn't it covered?

Laura: What fire was there's lots of energy.

Ron: In the wood and that just gets released.

Ron: But you're getting no marks, and I don't want to teach you this again.

Ron: So this is the quiz.

Ron: You fail.

Laura: I don't fail because I tried hard.

Laura: And you can't fail if you try hard.

Laura: You've not seen Mighty Ducks.

Ron: Story of my life.

Ron: Trying hard and failing.

Laura: You haven't failed at anything ever.

Laura: Life's a pit that no one asked for.

Ron: That's a dated reference.

Laura: There you go.

Laura: Ron, that was a you edit.

Ron: I was 28 minutes in before I had to add a third track to put any extra noises.

Laura: It's so sad because I think the sound effects are what really make us stand apart.

Laura: Everybody's doing sibling GCSE science podcasts, but they're not doing them with sound effects.

Ron: Yeah, no, podcasts really use sound effects.

Ron: Yes, and the ones that used to stopped.

Laura: What ones used to?

Ron: Dan Carlin's.

Ron: Hardcore history.

Ron: They used to be sound effects all the way through them and then he stopped because it's quite annoying.

Laura: Well, it is on his because his has content.

Laura: Ours is lacking in content.

Ron: But we're not Radio Shock Jocks.

Laura: We could be.

Ron: Yeah, but then someone has to put us on the radio and pay us for the s***.

Laura: You could be Ronnie Big honks and I'll be the lump dumpster.

Laura: Yeah, right.

Laura: Last week the episode was called Music to My A***.

Ron: I can't remember why regret that title.

Ron: It's not good.

Ron: Listens, not compared to other episodes.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: Spangle on average.

Laura: It's fine if that doesn't reel you in.

Laura: I don't think any right, okay.

Laura: Well, let us know.

Laura: Would a different one of these titles have lured you in quicker than Music to My A***?

Laura: Other options were standing in the kitchen like an absolute creep my tongue was nowhere near it just a short, beautiful woman hanging out with her brother for.

Ron: Likes new pastures green electric chimp, the uncle of the lady leopards and stuff.

Ron: Jungle science, the bang bing bang done.

Laura: They don't even know that they're weird.

Ron: Pitch a new quiche.

Laura: To me, the Devil is the Salt.

Ron: Cool holiday oranges or Mark Pudding?

Laura: I liked Bing Bang Dun.

Ron: I like cool.

Ron: Holiday oranges and Mark pudding.

Laura: Mark Pudding was a good bit.

Ron: I don't remember it.

Laura: You didn't listen to last week's episode?

Laura: No, I was eating my marks.

Laura: I'm not well, anyway, have a lovely week, everyone.

Laura: Please don't forget to buy a paperback copy of Pivot that is available wherever you get your books.

Laura: That's my novel.

Laura: I wrote it.

Laura: It's really fun.

Laura: And actually, last night, driving home from my gig, I was thinking about a plot for the sequel.

Laura: So if you could buy the Skateball no, still netball.

Ron: But they know how to play netball now.

Ron: It ends when they win the national.

Laura: You haven't even read the book.

Ron: I read the first half.

Laura: Have you even read Clop?

Laura: Actually, yes.

Ron: No, I listened to the audiobook.

Laura: Okay.

Ron: You told me I didn't have to read it.

Laura: I think if you hadn't read any of it would be better than you having read half and then just not and then told me about.

Ron: It.

Ron: There's good, though.

Ron: Tell you why I didn't finish reading it.

Ron: Hate reading hardbacks without a paperback.

Laura: Now.

Laura: There's like 50 in this house.

Ron: That was a f****** segue, wasn't it?

Laura: To get back talking about it, I'm too angry.

Laura: So anyway, read that, get tickets to the live shows.

Laura: Don't ever read any book that Rom reads.

Laura: Read half and then just tear the back half of the book and throw it in the bin.

Ron: I'm never going to write a book.

Laura: You might write a book of musical song notes.

Laura: What are they called?

Laura: Librarians?

Laura: Librettos.

Laura: Librettos.

Laura: Don't just stare at me, say something.

Laura: F*** you, then.

Laura: Right, we've had loads of new patrons in the last month.

Laura: You've been insulting my book and my baby and you've been insulting my dog all week.

Ron: I love the dog.

Laura: Now, today, you were eating your lunch and you said, can all the small things in your house please get away from me, I'm being swarmed.

Ron: Actually, I said, can all the small things he has.

Ron: Please f*** off, I'm being swarmed?

Laura: Well, yeah, well, your little s*** mouth.

Ron: Daughter is coming over.

Laura: Can I eat some potatoes?

Ron: No, go eat your own lunch.

Ron: You're free, like in the b****.

Ron: And then the dog was coming over, rolling a ball into my feet and honking for scraps underneath me.

Laura: Actually, last night when she was rolling the ball at you, your complaint was, her wet little snout keeps touching my toes.

Ron: It did.

Laura: You are horrid.

Laura: Thank you for coming.

Laura: A patron, everyone.

Laura: We're really grateful.

Laura: We've just passed 80 patrons, so we're only about 20 patrons off doubling the extras that we put out every month.

Laura: So at the moment we're doing a monthly extra, plus all the weird stuff that Ron keeps promising, which no, shut up.

Laura: We're not doing it.

Laura: Such busy air.

Laura: Because you are alive.

Laura: Shut up.

Laura: Please.

Laura: Go to Patreon.com Lexxeducation.

Laura: Give us three pounds a month and when we hit 100, boom.

Laura: Two lecturecurricular activities every month and we've just hit 80.

Ron: Which means we're going to do an episode on books.

Laura: Books.

Ron: The episode.

Ron: The only episode we're going to do about books.

Laura: Is this an amage to Tim and Tom or just a total rip off?

Laura: What are we going for here?

Ron: It's a reference.

Laura: Okay?

Laura: Is anybody that's a patron of ours also a patron of Tim and Tom?

Laura: I'd be fascinated to know the crossover.

Laura: Let us know.

Ron: I don't understand why you're so against this as an idea.

Laura: I'm not.

Laura: I just wish you to promising things that I then I've already promised this.

Laura: Right, now stop.

Laura: Nothing for 90, okay?

Laura: There's a promise set in stone at 100.

Laura: Shut up.

Laura: Okay?

Laura: Don't promise anything for 90.

Laura: Remember that f****** cooking we did?

Laura: Yeah, for why cook?

Ron: Long?

Laura: God, I hate you.

Ron: And these things got us lots of sign ups.

Laura: The Dara episodes out in two weeks.

Laura: That's going to be good.

Laura: Don't do silent mugging.

Ron: Silent mugging?

Laura: Yeah, mugging pulling faces.

Laura: Not like beating up old ladies.

Ron: Real quietly, sack full of feathers.

Laura: Right, come on.

Laura: This is long.

Laura: Now.

Laura: Do the register.

Ron: Welcome to the Patron Register for this week, a first, massive thanks to Matt N.

Ron: What does the N stand for?

Ron: Laura?

Laura: North.

Ron: Matt north?

Laura: Is it north?

Ron: I don't know.

Ron: Who is that?

Laura: I don't know.

Laura: I'm trying not to know all of our fans intimately.

Ron: It's weird.

Ron: Matt right in.

Ron: Let us know.

Ron: Where do you live?

Ron: Where'd you come from?

Ron: Matt, weary director of Lauren, runs improv troop.

Ron: He has no idea how to deal with the mix of lack of attention span and lack of interest.

Laura: It's a problem.

Laura: Big thank you to Christian Chadwick.

Laura: The C stands for Chadwick.

Laura: Christian Chadwick.

Laura: And the first C stands for Christian.

Laura: Christian is Laura.

Laura: He's my hypnotist.

Laura: Puts me in a trance before and after every episode so that none of the information ever sinks in.

Ron: And finally, a lovely thank you to Eleanor Robson.

Ron: Chroma crawl.

Laura: Is that a role or a species?

Ron: Chroma crawl.

Laura: I couldn't remember the word.

Ron: Photosynthesis.

Laura: You need to do two class dismissed this week.

Laura: One for last week.

Ron: No, I think everyone needs to be okay with things not going exactly the way that they expect.

Laura: No, I think if you build your podcast around a formula, you need to do the formula.

Ron: I don't think so.

Laura: Say it.

Ron: I'll say it this way.

Ron: I'm not saying it twice.

Laura: I'll let you sit in twice so it'll sound like you did.

Ron: I'm going to say it weirdly so that people will know if it's the same one twice.

Ron: Missed.

Laura: Why did you say that twice, Ron?

Laura: I think it's going to have me squawking over the beginning.

Ron: I already said it because that's just you tricking me into saying it twice.

Laura: Tricko?

Ron: You're?

Ron: Not so tricko.

Laura: I'm not tricko at all.

Laura: I got my heart on my sleeve.

Laura: I'm wearing a vest so that's on my shoulders.

Laura: Is that sleeves?

Laura: Straps.

Laura: Straps?

Laura: No sleeves.

Laura: 90 Patrons fashion Episode what the f*** would we talk about fashion?

Ron: I don't know.

Ron: For fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment