Lexx Education - Episode Index

Episode 1 - Biology - A Lego Brick Full of Meccano                          Introduction to cells. Episode 2 - Chemistry - Bob Marley and th...

Sunday 13 August 2023

Humiliating Orange Pen

 Laura: Comedy Science podcast, where comedian me Laura Lexx tries to learn from her handsome oh, brother.

Laura: Ron.

Laura: Oh, Ron.

Laura: That was a nice surprise.

Laura: How long have you been planning that?

Ron: I always want to interrupt you when you're doing that, and that felt like a constructive way to interrupt you.

Laura: Yeah, all right.

Laura: That's the longest you've ever held eye contact with me.

Ron: I like sitting on the corner.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: We're in our parents'kitchen today, the home of Agony dad.

Ron: Agony dad and mum.

Laura: Agony dad and mum.

Laura: And not painful Mum.

Laura: How are you, Ron?

Ron: Tired, very tired.

Laura: Why are you so tired, Ron?

Ron: Husband of the podcast and I drank three bottles of wine last night.

Laura: That was insane.

Laura: We all had a nice dinner and then one by one, Mum went to bed.

Ron: I thought it was only two.

Laura: I went to bed.

Laura: No, there were two on the kitchen table and one on the dining room turntable when I came down this morning.

Laura: Plus your beers.

Ron: Yeah, it was a good time.

Laura: And then at 02:00 A.m., I had to bang on the floor of my bedroom because all I could hear was those two droning on.

Laura: And I was like, no, this has to just even if you just moved the conversation to a room that wasn't directly underneath, mine would have been so swell.

Ron: Yeah, no, we didn't do that, though.

Laura: Yeah, you just sat where you'd sat for dinner and talked for, like, 8 hours.

Laura: Yeah, you just love husband of the podcast.

Ron: He's a good mate.

Laura: He's a really nice boy.

Laura: Yeah.

Ron: Known him a long time now.

Laura: You've had a hungover day?

Ron: Yeah, I work from home.

Laura: I was not hungover today.

Laura: I went bowling today and I kind of won.

Ron: I think you won.

Ron: It's a different sport, really.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: Here's a question for the listeners.

Laura: If you're playing bowling and some people have the barriers up and some people don't, if you get the highest score amongst those without the barriers up, are you the winner?

Laura: Question mark.

Ron: I think it's shut and dry.

Laura: Shut and dry.

Ron: Shut open.

Laura: And I can still hear the dog s*******.

Ron: Yeah, the dog sex resonates through the house.

Laura: Agony Dad's dog Toby is lusty for mackie.

Ron: We've told the listeners about this before.

Laura: When he was in she has had it in every hole.

Ron: She can't sit down anymore.

Laura: It's mainly been in our mouth.

Laura: He just keeps getting on the wrong way.

Laura: Anyway, Ron, what have we got to discuss up top before we get into the lesson?

Laura: Oh, a new Patreon episode came out on Friday.

Laura: It took me absolutely f****** ages to edit it.

Ron: She's done a great job.

Laura: We haven't listened to it, Ron.

Ron: No, but you told me that you did.

Laura: I did do a really good job.

Laura: And all the patrons agree, actually, that I've done a great so where are.

Ron: You seeing this chat?

Laura: I haven't seen it on Patreon.

Laura: They're all commenting underneath why am I.

Ron: Not getting no, no, I see, it's because I've signed into my one.

Ron: I'll sign back into the education.

Laura: Look at the praise that we're getting.

Ron: Hang on.

Laura: And if you're listening to this, join the Patreon, because, listen, let me just sign back in.

Laura: Just do it silently while I talk.

Ron: Let me just sign back into hang on a second.

Laura: Silently while wait, if you're not a patron yet, join the Patreon.

Laura: We're only ten patrons away from doubling the free content that we give you at 100 patrons.

Laura: We're going to do two free episodes a month.

Laura: So why not join it's?

Laura: Just take ten of you and then you've doubled it for everyone else.

Laura: It's a little bit like doing your bit for climate change, but utterly ineffectual.

Laura: And on a much smaller scale.

Ron: It's three quid.

Ron: That is cheaper than most meal deals these days.

Laura: You love the meal deal analogy.

Ron: I love meal deals.

Ron: I text my friends about meal deals more than I text them about their hopes and dreams.

Laura: Yeah, I used to Boots meal deal used to be my go to meal deal.

Ron: Yeah, well, when I was working an office job, I used to go for the sainsbury's ones, because back in those heady days, you could get the taste of difference in.

Ron: But then they got an innocent smoothie at Boots, but then eventually, Tesco used to be able to get the innocent smoothie as well.

Ron: That's the hallmark of quality.

Laura: Yeah.

Ron: Between you and me, Laura, I actually didn't buy that many meal deals because I never wanted the crisps.

Laura: Oh.

Laura: What?

Laura: The crisps are the best bit.

Ron: They stick to my teeth in a way that I don't like.

Laura: Not all crisps.

Ron: All crisps?

Ron: No, all crisps flaps, as I do.

Laura: Hoops aren't tooth stickers all crisps.

Ron: So I never want that.

Ron: And I also never want the drink.

Ron: No, that's not true.

Ron: I'd never want a meal deal then, buddy.

Ron: Yeah, that's what I'm saying.

Ron: So I used to buy a sandwich.

Ron: Yeah, no, I did buy crisps, actually, because I used to get the sandwich and then I'd get a multi pack of McCoys and then I would put the McCoys in the sandwich and I'd sit on Queen Square.

Ron: I'd eat alone because I hated my coworkers.

Laura: What tragic life you led before you gave it all up to podcast.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: Now I make upwards of 30 pounds.

Laura: It's so much work.

Laura: Why do we do it anyway?

Laura: Hey.

Laura: Come and see us at the London Podcast festival.

Laura: You simply must.

Ron: Please do that.

Laura: You simply must, actually.

Ron: Your requirement.

Ron: We're going to need you.

Laura: You have to be there.

Laura: Surprise us, don't tell us you're coming and then just surprise us.

Ron: Did matey boy from that the nice woman that has been emailing us, did she tell us the numbers that we've sold?

Laura: No.

Laura: I hope it's double figures.

Ron: It's a big room.

Ron: It's a real big room.

Laura: Look, we just have fun in it.

Laura: We'll just use bits of the room for different things.

Laura: If there's any three audience members yeah.

Ron: Real good friends with them.

Ron: We should work out what we're doing on those that they're not as far.

Laura: Away as no, it's next month.

Ron: Yeah, that's bad.

Laura: You run the shows, mate.

Laura: I just turn up and be an idiot.

Ron: I could just play a set.

Ron: Just music.

Laura: Just do some music.

Laura: Yeah, that's what people want.

Laura: Should we do the titles for last week's episode?

Ron: Yep.

Ron: You want to do them at the same time?

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: All right.

Laura: The whole house smells of gravy.

Ron: Sand Living.

Laura: Sand Living was the one we went with, though, so you don't have to read that one.

Ron: Slippery Chicken.

Ron: We eat the plants monomer.

Ron: Trying to gargle a boost.

Ron: The opposite of a cow.

Laura: Eating the sun.

Laura: I still like eating the sun.

Ron: Eating the sun's good.

Ron: I think Sand Limning does take the biscuit, though.

Laura: Yeah, it posts the whole biscuit under the pat.

Ron: You wanted slippery chicken, I believe.

Laura: I did want slippery chicken, yeah, just after we've had that bad Chinese.

Ron: Yeah, that was bad.

Laura: Anyway, I like this week's episode.

Laura: There's actually quite a lot of science in it.

Laura: So if you're not in this podcast for the science, it's going to be a dud as far as you're concerned.

Laura: But I think it's delightful.

Ron: Stay tuned, though, for more nonsense after these messages.

Laura: All right, chalk me those pen.

Laura: Is it a Massey one?

Ron: Yarp.

Laura: I knew that there was a chain of carbons with H's on.

Ron: Yeah, that's.

Laura: A little throwback to last episode.

Laura: Ron, you seem distracted.

Laura: OOH.

Ron: Okay, Laura.

Laura: Chemist chemistry.

Ron: Yes.

Laura: It's the one that I always want to be more exciting than it ever turns out to be.

Ron: I think, as chemistry goes, you're going to be all right with this one.

Ron: Mo maths.

Laura: Yes.

Laura: I just said it at a mathsy one and you said yes.

Ron: Sorry, I wasn't listening.

Laura: You can see why I get despondent.

Ron: No, I can't.

Ron: Don't cheque the time already.

Ron: It's been 1 minute 20.

Laura: Like to have the timer on the record?

Ron: Yeah, but it's just tight.

Laura: Stops the podcast getting baggy.

Ron: Yeah, there's a lot of flab.

Ron: It's mainly flab.

Laura: It's all made of glucose.

Ron: It's made of fat?

Laura: Yeah, from glucose.

Ron: Not all fat's made of glucose.

Laura: Some is.

Laura: Just give me a f****** win occasionally win.

Laura: Some hate you.

Ron: A white gel penny.

Laura: Yeah.

Ron: Okay.

Ron: Can you remember what we were doing last time on chemistry?

Laura: Rate of photosynthesis.

Ron: Why would you say that?

Ron: That's what we did in biology last time.

Ron: When I asked you what when I asked you what you did in biology, you gave the answer for chemistry.

Laura: Just what you said.

Laura: What did I say?

Laura: You said rate of reactions.

Laura: Yeah, rate of reactions.

Ron: See, that's the problem, is I f****** tee you up for wins and you p*** on them.

Laura: I forgot I'd already given that answer, so that was gone.

Laura: Now, once I've said something is gone.

Ron: And once you've heard something this is.

Laura: Extraordinarily unsticky in my head.

Laura: I don't know if it's because I'm sort of semi performing as we do it, so I'm not focusing on the meat and bones, I'm thinking about fripperies.

Laura: I'm sure I wouldn't be this stupid if I was trying.

Ron: I think it's because there's no stakes.

Laura: Yeah.

Ron: Maybe if we both put a cool 1500 quid in escrow, then there was.

Laura: Some kind of like that's interesting.

Laura: I reckon if we had a producer, they'd have, like, done something like that at the beginning of the know, given it stake.

Ron: Yeah, like a mistrenrenchable type.

Laura: I don't think we'd respond well to a stern figure in the room, though.

Ron: Beating podcast.

Laura: Don't use your bedroom voice on the podcast, Tom.

Laura: He hated that.

Laura: Okay, so rate of no reaction times.

Ron: Rate of reaction.

Laura: Rate of reaction.

Laura: Because I oh, the factory.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: Not always, though.

Laura: Not always.

Laura: There's no pumps.

Ron: Not always.

Ron: Right.

Laura: That was so sneaky of you, that one.

Ron: I don't think it was.

Ron: Okay, so we're going to talk a bit more about that, but we're kind of going to go when you picture.

Laura: A factory, do you picture red bricks?

Ron: No, I picture corrugated iron next to AJ's laser diner.

Ron: What's?

Laura: AJ's laser diner.

Ron: It's like one of those soft play places for kids.

Laura: AJ's.

Laura: Was that in Taunton?

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: Oh.

Laura: What?

Laura: On Binden Road?

Ron: Bindon Road?

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: I think I've added the word diner.

Laura: Yeah, I remember mom talking about taking you to AJ's.

Ron: No, that was nephew of the podcast, not me.

Laura: Yeah, all right.

Ron: Yes.

Ron: We're going to have the last biology episode.

Ron: Last episode?

Ron: We just kind of had a chat through glucose.

Ron: Yeah, we're going to do that a bit, but for rate of reaction stuff.

Ron: Okay.

Ron: Is that not good for you?

Laura: Sort of.

Laura: Fine.

Laura: It means I won't do well in the quiz because whenever we have a chat, I do badly.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: You don't make notes when we have a chat.

Laura: No, I forget.

Ron: And your main quiz prowess is reading you've written down before.

Laura: Yeah.

Ron: Okay, so we got some reactants.

Ron: Let's say chemical A and chemical.

Laura: When I did Mastermind, I learned all my stuff really well.

Ron: Yeah.

Laura: I cared.

Ron: Yeah, different subject as well.

Ron: You didn't do Rate of reactions of Mastermind, did you?

Laura: No, I didn't.

Laura: Can you imagine?

Ron: Yikes.

Laura: If I do it again, I should do a science subject.

Ron: Well, yeah, if you're on this podcast to do well, you probably should start promoting it.

Laura: I promote it f****** everywhere, mate.

Laura: Where do you promote it?

Ron: I don't tell people that.

Laura: You haven't even got it on your new business card.

Ron: No, nobody knows that I do this.

Laura: No, except Noah, and he cancelled his patron.

Ron: Yeah.

Laura: F*** you, Noah.

Ron: Stop saying f*** you to the listeners.

Laura: It's only Noah and we're not getting another three pounds out of him anyway, so what do I care if he listens?

Ron: Yeah, he's gone top a******.

Laura: Yeah.

Ron: Right, so we've got chemical A and chemical B.

Laura: They are going to be reacting and they're going to have a little romance in a beaker.

Ron: No pipes in solution.

Laura: Okay, beaker.

Laura: The moppet or the glass dish?

Ron: Either way.

Ron: Or just a bird with more beaks than the last.

Laura: Oh no.

Ron: So you got chemical A and chemical B.

Ron: Let's say that, yeah.

Ron: They're in solution, so they're particles within solution.

Ron: Okay.

Ron: What needs to happen for sum of chemical A and sum of chemical B to react with each other in a physical sense?

Laura: Energy simpler than that.

Laura: N just they need to meet kissing.

Ron: They need to bash into each they need to run into each other because there's different concentrations of stuff going on out inside the beaker.

Ron: They need to physically run into each other for them to react.

Ron: Right.

Ron: What else do you think?

Ron: Well, you've already said it there, actually.

Ron: And they need to do that with sufficient energy.

Ron: What is that?

Ron: Sufficient energy called the amount that they need.

Ron: We've covered this before when we were doing those graphs.

Laura: Startup money.

Ron: So that could be a metaphor for it.

Ron: You see how you know what I mean?

Ron: Startup, which is a type of business, and money, which is yeah, but you.

Laura: Know what I mean.

Laura: Yeah, the startup money.

Ron: Yeah, but what's that called?

Laura: Catalyst money.

Laura: Catalyst energy.

Laura: No, front money.

Laura: Front running.

Laura: I know it's not money, but I don't know what it is.

Ron: It's energy.

Laura: Front energy.

Laura: Startup energy.

Laura: Go energy.

Laura: You know what I mean?

Ron: Yeah, but I'm asking you for the name of something, so I'm not really going to accept nonsense.

Laura: Action.

Laura: Action.

Ron: Acting.

Laura: Acting.

Laura: Activation money.

Ron: Not money.

Laura: Activation.

Laura: Energy.

Ron: Activation energy.

Ron: Yes.

Ron: So can you remember the things that we discussed in the last episode that affected the rate surface area?

Ron: Yep.

Laura: Quantity of chemicals.

Ron: Yep.

Laura: Temperature catalyst.

Ron: Yep.

Ron: Write those down.

Laura: What were they?

Ron: Those things that you just said?

Ron: Sorry, Mackie's.

Ron: Cage.

Laura: Not a cage.

Laura: It's her bed.

Ron: It is a cage.

Laura: It's not a cage.

Ron: Her bed is in a cage.

Laura: She can come and go as she pleases.

Ron: Doesn't mean it's not a cage.

Laura: It's not a cage, it's a crate.

Ron: The warden can come and go from the prison as much as they want, but he still lives at the prison.

Laura: We still need to get rid of that warden.

Ron: We did get rid of one of them.

Laura: No, but we haven't finished.

Laura: The warden's a house.

Ron: There's so much to do.

Laura: Yeah, but you've got really into just.

Ron: Landscaping and you've gotten really into suicidal walks like you're from a f****** Cormac McCarthy novel.

Laura: It's not been going well for me lately.

Laura: Santa Pinky.

Ron: It's really sad to play with you.

Laura: We're talking about minecraft again.

Laura: Just as a sub note, we have a little village called Santa Pinky because it's like Santorini, but it's pink.

Laura: I've been dying a lot lately.

Laura: I lost my really good diamond pickaxe.

Ron: You do keep doing the same thing and then the same thing happens and then you get cross.

Laura: No, because last time I was coming back and then I fell in that hole with the skeletons, remember?

Ron: You went in you had a furnace in there.

Laura: Laura, what was the fourth one?

Laura: No, that was the that no, the one before that.

Laura: I didn't have any stuff when I went into that one.

Ron: Oh, the one before that.

Laura: Yeah.

Ron: No, again, you were caving.

Laura: No, I wasn't.

Ron: You were.

Ron: I was there.

Laura: I wasn't, I wasn't.

Laura: What was the fourth one?

Laura: Service area energy catalyst.

Ron: You tell me.

Ron: You told me.

Laura: I can't remember now.

Laura: Ron, can we just move this along?

Ron: This is for you.

Ron: You're learning.

Laura: I'm not learning.

Ron: You told me before, I can't remember now think.

Ron: Cast your mind back.

Ron: Students should be able to remember things they said only moments ago.

Laura: Surface area energy.

Laura: Oh, an amount of chemicals.

Ron: Yes.

Ron: And there's another one as well.

Laura: What?

Laura: I thought there were four.

Ron: No.

Laura: Reactivity of chemicals.

Ron: What do you mean by energy?

Ron: Here.

Laura: Activation energy.

Ron: So that would be the reactivity, wouldn't it?

Laura: I don't know.

Ron: It would.

Ron: Okay, sometimes when I say stuff like that, it's very funny that you don't just go yeah, because why would I say that?

Laura: Because sometimes you're posing it as a question to make me question it.

Ron: Sometimes, yeah.

Ron: What was the other one?

Laura: I don't know, I'm getting flustered.

Ron: It's really real simple.

Laura: I love those bricks.

Ron: It's a nice hipster area.

Ron: That Mackie lives in her cage.

Ron: Great, it's a cage.

Laura: Surface area activation energy, catalyst, mounted chemicals.

Ron: Temperature that's the badger.

Laura: I should have had lunch before we did this.

Ron: Same.

Laura: I've got the sad hungers.

Ron: You want some metamusal?

Laura: No.

Laura: I did a lovely poo this morning.

Laura: If it any Lomia, we'd have all died.

Ron: Right?

Ron: Laura, what we're talking about today is called collision theory.

Laura: Theory.

Laura: I'll learn it when it's proved I'm not learning ideas people have had, otherwise I'll make it so that we have to learn my ideas about science.

Ron: All of this is theory.

Laura: F***.

Laura: What?

Ron: None of this is proved scientific method relies on the fact that we all just believe the current theory until a better one comes along.

Ron: We don't know anything.

Laura: Then let's stop.

Ron: We can stop.

Laura: We can't stop.

Ron: Ron, you've got to be stop saying that.

Laura: Then you've got to be the wind in our sails.

Ron: Well, why do you just get to be a p****** headwick?

Laura: Because I'm the student.

Ron: Well, you can't ask me to stop because I like stopping as well.

Laura: Then I don't think you should have become a teacher.

Ron: I'm not a teacher.

Laura: Then why are we doing this?

Ron: I don't know.

Laura: Okay, what are we doing now?

Laura: Theories?

Ron: Yeah, collision theory this collision theory, remember.

Laura: The real that would be a great name for an album like Lincoln Park.

Laura: Collision Theory.

Laura: Hybrid Theory.

Laura: That was theirs.

Laura: That's why it's made me think of them.

Ron: So it's chemical A, colliding into chemical B colliding.

Laura: No.

Laura: Kaleidoscope's.

Laura: Not because of colliding, is it?

Ron: No, no, it's spelled very differently.

Laura: Chemical A and they collide together.

Laura: Collide, collide, collide.

Laura: So, good notes this week.

Ron: So using your list of five.

Ron: So to pithily sum up Collision theory yes.

Ron: Chemical A needs to collide with chemical B with sufficient energy for the reaction to happen.

Ron: That's how a reaction happens in general.

Ron: Okay.

Ron: So with that in mind, how do each of those five things affect the rate of a reaction?

Laura: The higher the temperature, the more energy the atoms have.

Laura: They've got heat energy, so they're moving faster.

Laura: So they collide more.

Ron: Yeah, they have more energy.

Ron: So they're more likely to meet each other with enough energy for it to react.

Ron: And very astutely realise there they are moving around the solution quicker.

Ron: So they will collide more often.

Ron: Absolutely.

Laura: Mark chemicals, more chemicals, more bumping.

Ron: Exactly.

Laura: Catalyst.

Laura: That just speeds everything up.

Laura: Always.

Ron: Not going to let you get away with that.

Laura: Well, I don't really understand.

Laura: I picture a catalyst like one of those cuttlefish from a bird's cage.

Laura: You put that in and then it makes stuff happen.

Ron: Why do you picture that?

Laura: Don't know.

Laura: That's just what I think.

Laura: A catalyst probably looks like a cuttlefish.

Laura: There's a similar word, catalyst.

Ron: You can muscle this out because there's only two things that it can really affect them colliding and the energy part of it.

Laura: So which more collides?

Ron: Why, how?

Ron: You don't have to jump in before you've had a thing.

Laura: Side note, what is a catalyst?

Laura: Is it a physical object or could it just be another chemical in there?

Ron: Either a catalyst is quite a broad is quite a broad church, because all a catalyst is is something that speeds up a reaction without getting used up in the process.

Ron: Because if it got used up, then it's just another reactant, isn't it?

Laura: So therefore it makes me think it's the bumping one, not the energy one.

Ron: Why?

Laura: Because to provide more energy it would have to be changing in some way and if it's not getting used up or affected, then it can't be providing energy.

Ron: Okay, so let's go down the other path for a bit.

Ron: How could a catalyst increase the rate of bumps?

Laura: Takes up space in the solution.

Ron: No, it does no.

Laura: Provide a little platform for them to meet on.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: So do you remember when we were talking about enzymes, which are biological?

Ron: Not while we're talking.

Ron: Do you remember when we were talking about enzymes which are biological?

Ron: Catalysts?

Ron: The lock locking key.

Ron: So that a lot of the time that is basically just providing a space for the two things to react on because one of them goes into the active site and then it's locked there and then the other one comes along and bonk, they go together.

Ron: However, catalysts can decrease the activation energy as well.

Laura: Oh dear.

Ron: Why are you saying oh dear?

Laura: Is that not bad?

Ron: Why would that be bad?

Laura: We get less chemicals.

Laura: What if there's less activation energy?

Ron: No, you get more because it's easier because the activation energy is lower.

Ron: It's like if you had a chicken.

Laura: Kiev and then oh, is activation energy a requirement?

Laura: Not how much energy there is.

Ron: Yeah, you have to get it over.

Laura: The bump, call it requirement then.

Ron: No activation requirement.

Laura: Activation energy requirement.

Ron: No.

Laura: Can I write that in a different colour just to remind myself?

Ron: Sure, write it in brown because it's s*** idea.

Laura: It's glittery brown though.

Ron: Yeah, like my s**** will be up to this minimut because is what you can get.

Ron: So let's say that we've got our reaction, which is chemical A plus chemical.

Laura: You look really sad all of a sudden.

Ron: Chemical A plus eyes have gone all pink.

Ron: Chemical A plus chemical B equals chemical C.

Ron: Right, and then chemical D is our reactant.

Ron: Okay, okay, sorry.

Ron: Our catalyst.

Ron: Okay, so what can happen is that the catalyst can basically provide like a middle step.

Ron: So chemical A plus chemical D equals chemical E, and then chemical E plus chemical B equals chemical C and chemical D.

Ron: So the chemical D comes back but there's like a middle step so the activation energy across the whole thing is lower.

Laura: Could you follow that?

Ron: I'm not listening, I'm playing my game.

Ron: Let me write it down.

Laura: Yeah, can you do that while I go to the toilet?

Ron: All right.

Laura: I'm back.

Ron: Hello.

Ron: Okay, do you remember our activation energy graphs that we drew?

Ron: So this, so here's the, so here's the reaction that we were doing, just chemical A plus chemical B equals chemical C.

Ron: Yeah, simples.

Ron: Now we've added a catalyst to that, so chemical A plus our catalyst.

Laura: Man, your writing is like mums.

Ron: Chemical A plus catalyst equals chemical D.

Ron: Okay, we don't want chemical D.

Ron: No, getaway but chemical D plus sorry, I've written the wrong one there.

Ron: Chemical D plus chemical B, one of our original reactants equals chemical C, our midpoint, and then we get our catalyst back.

Ron: Right, so what it's done is it's provided this middle step, the chemical D.

Ron: So the blue line here is our original reaction, just the one reaction.

Ron: And you see it's got that big activation energy, whereas our new reaction has got two smaller activation energies in the two different reactions that it does.

Ron: Okay, do you see how the catalyst has helped?

Laura: Yeah, one is like the little Loch Ness monster and the other is the mountain in the background.

Ron: Sure, that's what they look like, but do you understand it?

Laura: Yeah.

Ron: Cool.

Laura: Catalyst.

Ron: So that's how a catalyst can reduce the activation energy of a reaction.

Ron: Have you done all of them?

Ron: I don't think you've done surface area.

Ron: Have you?

Laura: Yeah.

Ron: And then the other one is pressure that we haven't mentioned that also increases the rate of reaction because basically they're just forced into a smaller space together.

Ron: Okay.

Laura: Do you think you'll do in the quiz how surface area affects it?

Ron: Probably going to do all of it.

Laura: Then I lied and we didn't cover that.

Laura: How does the surface area affect it?

Ron: How do you think?

Laura: Bigger surface area, slower reaction.

Ron: Why?

Laura: Because they've got more space.

Laura: Stay away from each other.

Ron: Do they have more space or do they have more surface area?

Laura: It's the same.

Ron: Is it?

Laura: No.

Ron: Again, this is something that's coming out in the wash of the episode that I'm editing at the moment, is that when we're in the same room with.

Laura: Each other, you try and figure out same room episode.

Ron: You try and figure out the right answer based off my facial expressions rather than thinking it through.

Laura: I do that when you're on screen as well.

Ron: Okay, but don't think it through.

Laura: I don't know what the surface area difference makes unless the air is involved.

Ron: Why?

Ron: So I've got, let's say 100 grammes of chemical A and it's all in one nugget.

Ron: And I've got 100 grammes of chemical B also.

Ron: All in one nugget.

Laura: Okay.

Laura: I hadn't been thinking about it like that.

Ron: How had you been thinking about it?

Laura: Just a glass dish with, like, water in it.

Laura: And then the surface area open to the air.

Ron: Well, no, because the surface area of.

Laura: The reactants yeah, that makes more sense.

Laura: Okay, so the more surface area, the more reaction then.

Laura: Because there's more of it exposed to be reacting.

Ron: Exactly.

Ron: Yeah.

Laura: All right.

Laura: So it's basically just everything's, like more.

Ron: More yeah, because they all well, if you increase them.

Laura: Yeah, more of that.

Laura: More of this.

Ron: Yeah, more.

Ron: How do you react in chemical reactions?

Laura: I was going to go for a second page of notes.

Ron: It's been moments.

Ron: Right.

Laura: I'm really hungry, but I feel like we should have one episode lately where we haven't eaten.

Ron: I like it when we eat.

Laura: I just don't think it's for the mainstream.

Laura: We should try and get a gel pen sponsor.

Ron: Okay.

Ron: Right.

Ron: We're moving on to because I was going to do a section on catalyst.

Laura: But I actually don't think we need to cuttlefish.

Ron: Is that why you think of cuttlefish?

Ron: It just sounds a bit like it.

Laura: I said that.

Ron: I don't think you did say that.

Laura: I thought you did.

Laura: I said similar words.

Laura: Cottawist cattlefish.

Ron: 5.6.2.

Ron: Reversible reactions and dynamic equilibrium.

Ron: 5.6.2 Reversible Reactions and Dynamic Equilibrium 6.5.6 .2.1 reversible Reaction I'm trying to give you a f****** title for your page, but you're ignoring me.

Laura: One I'm carrying on.

Ron: Do you not think I'm announcing something?

Laura: No, because you're just twindling to yourself.

Ron: Reversible reactions and dynamic equilibrium.

Laura: Well, tell me to write it down.

Ron: No, be better.

Laura: Reversible reactions and dynamic equilibriums.

Laura: Well, it sounds exciting.

Laura: I'm sure it's going to be rubbish.

Ron: Great attitude.

Ron: Thanks.

Laura: Equilibrium is a hard word to write down.

Laura: Too many upsy downies equilibriums.

Laura: I love writing down this pen smells like grapes.

Ron: Okay, so A plus B.

Laura: Alpha blocks.

Ron: And then there's a symbol that my God.

Laura: Delta.

Ron: No change in no, it's like two halves of an arrow, each pointing in different directions.

Ron: That's two arrows.

Ron: It's like that, but just half of each one.

Ron: That's small.

Laura: Half the shaft or half the point looks like this.

Laura: Right.

Laura: That's not what you described.

Ron: How would you describe that?

Laura: An arrow going left with the downer and an arrow going right with the upper on the top.

Ron: Okay.

Ron: Then that okay.

Ron: And then C plus D on the other side.

Laura: I think I've seen that symbol before.

Laura: Scraped into an old tree in the dell in the woods.

Laura: Ron, stop making a house of cards and join in.

Ron: Can you be a bit more positive?

Laura: I have drawn it all, Ron.

Ron: I've got notes.

Ron: Can you stop doing that, please?

Laura: Tom?

Laura: Ron's building a house of cards instead of teaching me science.

Ron: Yeah.

Laura: Now all the pens are on the floor and I can't make any notes.

Ron: I've given you one pen.

Ron: So not leave you with your pen?

Laura: No, you took all the pens.

Ron: I'm pretty sure I left you with the pen.

Laura: There's no pens.

Laura: Not an orange one.

Laura: Yuck.

Ron: Have this humiliating orange.

Laura: I haven't been working in orange today.

Ron: So what this represents, Laura, that symbol is the symbol for a reversible of the definition of kind of a reversible reaction is a reaction where the product of the reaction can produce the original reactants.

Ron: Okay.

Ron: The direction vector, or sort of the equilibrium can be changed by changing the conditions.

Ron: Okay.

Laura: Okay.

Ron: So the example that they've given us here is ammonium chloride.

Laura: Ammonium chloride.

Laura: I apologise to everybody reading the notes that now can't see the next bit.

Laura: Ron's decision, not mine.

Ron: So do you know what an ammonium atom is?

Laura: Ammonia.

Ron: What's an ion version of ammonia?

Ron: Ammonia is NH three and ammonium is NH four plus.

Ron: And you already know what a chloride ion is?

Laura: NaCl three four two NaCl.

Laura: No, that's salt.

Laura: CL minus.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: Because you see how that's NH four plus.

Ron: So then the CL minus, they got to cancel each other out, don't they?

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: So that's ammonium chloride.

Ron: Do you want to hazard a guess as to what the product of that could be.

Laura: Nitrogen and hydrochloric acid.

Ron: Not nitrogen and not hydrochloric acid.

Ron: It.

Laura: Nitrochlorine and hydrogen.

Ron: Yes.

Ron: Try and work it out.

Laura: I did.

Laura: Ow.

Laura: Is that N nitrogen?

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: Nitrochloride.

Ron: So this is ammonia.

Laura: Yeah.

Ron: What has it gained to make it positively charged?

Laura: A hydrogen.

Ron: A hydrogen ion?

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: So what might that hydrogen ion have a tendency to do when in the presence of a chloride ion?

Laura: Oh, God.

Laura: Every fibre of my being wants to say dance.

Ron: But.

Laura: Just shows off, it just is glory and it's like but BA BA DA DA rumpa boom if someone can please animate a little hydrogen just dancing with a little chloride audience like yay no, maybe leave the ammonium chloride.

Laura: Leave?

Laura: Not leave, stay harder.

Laura: Stick on more, give away an electron.

Ron: Why didn't you think about I am.

Laura: Thinking out.

Ron: This can't be.

Laura: Well, I think that there's two options leave or stay.

Laura: That's what Tom tells me all the time.

Ron: Is ammonia charged?

Laura: No.

Ron: So what is the charged hydrogen ion going to be attracted to?

Ron: More ammonia or a chloride ion, which is negatively oppositely charged?

Laura: Yeah, I said leave, but you said leave the ammonium chloride yeah, to go to the chloride.

Ron: It can't leave the ammonium chloride, it can leave the ammonium oh, you pedantic.

Ron: It's science, it's professional pedantry.

Ron: Okay, and so what are the products going to be?

Laura: Ammonium chloride and ammonia.

Laura: Ammonium chloride?

Ron: No, that's the reactants hydrochloride, yeah.

Ron: Hydrogen chloride and.

Laura: Ammonium ammonia.

Ron: Ammonia, yeah.

Laura: Wee.

Ron: The hotter you get it, the more ammonia and hydrogen chloride you get, the cooler you have it, the more ammonium chloride you get it.

Laura: Right, can I have another pen, please?

Ron: No, because we're done.

Laura: No, but I can't write that bit down.

Ron: Ammonium chloride, I need a pen.

Ron: Why?

Laura: Give me that one right in the orange.

Laura: Stop putting stuff on the floor.

Ron: I'm not going to pick them up.

Laura: Well, you better have, otherwise I'm going to let Child of the podcast scribble all over your stuff.

Ron: Go on then.

Ron: I will, go on then.

Laura: I will.

Ron: Gone then.

Laura: Or maybe I'll do it and then I'll just blame it on her.

Laura: Right, so what do you say?

Ron: The hotter so draw it out with this symbol.

Ron: So, ammonium chloride, NH three, ammonium chloride, NH four plus, yeah, plus CL minus.

Laura: Where does the plus go on the four?

Ron: No, up.

Laura: Yeah, I don't like there being two pluses next to each other like that, there aren't.

Ron: Oh, right, I see what you mean.

Ron: Yeah, just ignore that.

Laura: Yeah, that thing that you don't like.

Laura: Shut up, ballot.

Laura: Goodbye, Ron's.

Ron: Therapy quite inconsequential.

Ron: All right, and then what does that equal?

Laura: NH three plus HCL.

Ron: Yeah.

Laura: And then hotter.

Ron: So what you can do is you can put heat there to say that heat influences it, that way you can put cool or cold or something underneath.

Laura: Okay, and that's where we stop.

Laura: Yeah, that's it, I've done really well today.

Ron: Well done, well done.

Laura: You as well, Ron.

Laura: Thanks.

Ron: Shake teamwork, lone team.

Laura: Okay?

Laura: I'm feeling sprightly.

Laura: Ron.

Ron: Yeah, I'm feeling good as well.

Ron: It's a classic record.

Ron: We're not in the same room.

Laura: We're not going to not in the same room.

Laura: You came to my house yesterday and I didn't see you.

Ron: Yes, I left the door open, but.

Laura: Apparently Child of the podcast was very happy to see you.

Ron: Yeah, I think she misses you.

Ron: Yeah, she came and sat in my lap, which is big news for her.

Ron: She doesn't do that that often.

Laura: No, she's fun.

Ron: She's a cutie.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: Anyway.

Laura: Right, let's get quizzing.

Ron: Yes.

Ron: Can you remember what subject we're doing?

Ron: What we did last time.

Ron: It feels like it's been ages, but.

Laura: The problem with this question is because I'm editing an episode and an episode has just gone out, so I'm doing all the socials for that one and it's a different to the last one we did.

Laura: So I want to say acceleration, but I think that's the one I just released.

Ron: Yeah, it's not that.

Ron: That's not what we were just doing.

Laura: D*** it.

Ron: Yeah, that's the one we just released.

Laura: What subject is it?

Laura: Chemistry.

Laura: What have we been doing in chemistry recently?

Ron: It was a nice chemistry episode.

Laura: Buckminster Fullerenes.

Ron: That maybe two and a half months ago, maybe longer, like.

Ron: That was a really long time ago.

Ron: Was it?

Laura: That came up recently, though, didn't it?

Ron: No.

Laura: I watched a show on CBB's today all about energy and it was genuinely, really helpful.

Laura: Thank you, Maddie Moat, for explaining to me energy.

Laura: What are we doing?

Laura: Hang on, let me write.

Laura: I'm going to consult the book, the Book of Dreams.

Laura: And thank you on the podcast.

Laura: A big shout out.

Laura: Thank you to Catherine for at Latitude, giving me a new notebook for when this one is full.

Laura: I can switch to a brand new notebook and all embossed with my name on it.

Laura: It was a very lovely gift and I'm super grateful.

Laura: Thank you.

Laura: Reversible reactions.

Laura: Ron and Dynamic Equilibriums.

Ron: Yes, we do.

Laura: Oh, yeah.

Laura: With that funky arrow.

Laura: Oh, I'd clean forgotten about this business.

Ron: So what do we do?

Ron: There was a bit before that as well, which it sounds like you haven't taken notes on.

Laura: No, I did.

Laura: It's on the other page.

Laura: What is happening in there?

Laura: I don't know.

Laura: Colliding chemicals.

Ron: So we were doing Particle Theory, were we?

Ron: Yeah.

Laura: I don't think those words came up.

Ron: They did.

Ron: Question number one.

Ron: Laura, please, can you tell me what the Particle Theory of Reactions is?

Laura: They must meet in order to react.

Ron: Ding.

Ron: That's one mark.

Ron: And what must they have when they meet?

Laura: Right, okay.

Laura: Sufficient energy.

Laura: Ron.

Ron: Two marks.

Ron: Well done, Laura.

Ron: Yes.

Laura: I just didn't know that that was called Particle Theory.

Laura: So I'm just going to write down that I love that.

Laura: Now I know about Particle Theory, I sound like a real boy.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: So the reason just to recap, it's called Particle Theory because obviously these things are not dots in space that wang around and hit each other.

Ron: They're compLexx things.

Ron: They're interacting with everything that they come into contact with.

Laura: But it sounds move again.

Laura: Move your head.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: When you move, something is okay, technical difficulties sorted.

Laura: Not sure where we were.

Laura: Something about p****** visibles in space.

Ron: Can't remember either.

Ron: Let's move on to question two.

Ron: Laura?

Laura: Yes.

Ron: How do the following affect particle theory.

Laura: Okay, I'm going to do this without the book.

Ron: Temperature.

Laura: The higher the temperature, the more accelerated the particle theory.

Laura: Because they have more temperature to bump into each other.

Ron: Do they have more temperature to bump into each other?

Laura: More energy sorry.

Laura: To bump into each other.

Ron: Yes.

Laura: And more energy to give away electrons and steal them.

Ron: That's the same.

Laura: And it's easier to want to share when you're warm.

Ron: No, they move around quicker.

Laura: That's what I said.

Ron: No, it's not.

Laura: What did I say then?

Ron: You said they had more temperature when they bumped into each other.

Laura: They had more energy to move around and bump into each other.

Ron: Okay, I'll give it to you.

Ron: I'm feeling kind today.

Ron: B, abundance of reactants.

Laura: The more reactants, the more particles there are to bump into each other.

Laura: Theoretically.

Ron: Exactly.

Ron: C, pressure.

Laura: The more pressure, the less they perform.

Laura: Because they have anxiety.

Laura: No, more pressure, more bumping.

Laura: Because they're like pressed together near each other.

Laura: Squishing.

Ron: Exactly.

Ron: And a catalyst.

Laura: Oh, catalyst always speeds everything up.

Laura: That's the whole point.

Laura: Oh.

Laura: Because it can make that in between a guy and like, oh, hello, we're going to make a B, uhoh, only wants C and D.

Laura: Get out.

Laura: Catalyst.

Ron: But sort of in the language of particle theory, what does a catalyst do?

Ron: If you had to summarise it like.

Laura: French bonjour jumabel particleist Zamor z boomfe bombay Zamor aptont.

Ron: So particle theory, as we know, says that the particles have to bash into each other and they have to have sufficient energy.

Ron: Which part of that does a catalyst affect?

Laura: Bashing into each other.

Laura: How?

Laura: Takes up space in the beaker.

Ron: Do you think that catalysts are just things that take up space in a beaker?

Laura: Could be.

Ron: Then why wouldn't literally everything be a catalyst?

Laura: Because some things might react and make all right, okay, Ron, I hear your tone.

Ron: Please don't call me Tonal.

Laura: Ron.

Laura: Look, well, you both use that tone with me a lot, so my hair's.

Ron: Goofy, don't pick up on cue because.

Laura: I'm doing a bit, I'm being fun, I'm being a cool dude, I'm being loose, improv city, I'm upright citizen in a brigade.

Laura: The catalyst makes it so that it.

Ron: Gets there's two parts they have to bash into each other and they have to have sufficient energy.

Ron: So which one of those, now that you've ruled out one of them sufficient energy, ron, what does a catalyst do?

Laura: It's like it makes a special byproduct that's an easier reactant or something, and then it just shimmies away.

Ron: Talk about the energy.

Ron: What does a catalyst do?

Laura: F****** spices it up, makes more energy.

Ron: Does it make more energy?

Laura: I don't know, Ron, I'm trying to read your clues, but the answer isn't there.

Laura: It makes the energy activation energy lower.

Ron: Yeah, it lowers the required activation energy.

Laura: God, I got that under pressure then like a chemical reaction.

Laura: Did you?

Laura: Yes, I was under so much pressure.

Ron: I'll give you half a mark for that one.

Laura: F***.

Ron: You had to be really led up.

Ron: I was already generous on one of the ones.

Laura: Mark.

Laura: Come on.

Ron: That's what we call my friend Mark, because he's not lost any limbs or anything nice.

Laura: That's how really posh people say whole milk.

Laura: Like milk.

Ron: Okay, question number three.

Laura: Why did you just shout into the microphone?

Ron: Shut up.

Ron: Oh, no, my laptop's locked itself.

Laura: Panic room.

Ron: How do catalysts how do catalysts lower the activation engine now we need that knowledge that you were saying before.

Laura: They make an in between guy.

Ron: That's one way.

Laura: Tricko.

Laura: That's the only way.

Ron: You're right.

Ron: Yes.

Ron: No, I'm joking.

Ron: There's another way.

Ron: So half a mark for that as well.

Laura: What was the other way?

Ron: They provide a place for the reaction tab.

Laura: We didn't talk about that.

Ron: We did.

Laura: We didn't.

Laura: What are you bashing?

Laura: Stop bashing everything.

Laura: It's an audio medium.

Laura: That's you oh, this is you.

Laura: Give me a bag of olives to chew.

Laura: I'm really like I'm talking out of here for a bit now.

Ron: Hey.

Ron: I wanted a snack, but I ate my snack before we started recording today.

Laura: Thank you.

Laura: And a big thank you from the listener I had.

Laura: And thanks for being sober.

Ron: Fruit pastels.

Laura: Oh, Ron.

Ron: What?

Laura: Twelve fruit pastels is too much.

Ron: That's a normal amount of fruit pastels.

Laura: What are you going to have for dinner?

Laura: There's no normal amount of fruit pastels for a man to have for dinner.

Ron: I said a snack.

Ron: I didn't say it was my dinner.

Laura: Snacking on fruit pastels, you creep.

Ron: Because I went to the cinema with my friends last week and I had some leftover fruit pastels because I didn't finish them during the film.

Laura: You never once went to the cinema when you were staying with me?

Laura: Yeah.

Ron: Because you don't like films.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: Thank you.

Laura: I like fruit pastels.

Laura: What did you go and that's the.

Ron: End of the quiz.

Ron: I went to see Asteroid City.

Laura: I've never heard of it.

Laura: Was it good?

Ron: It's the latest Wes Anderson film.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: It's the most I've enjoyed a film in ages.

Ron: I really, really liked it.

Ron: You've taken offence to that somehow, Laura.

Laura: You've never made a film to the cinema.

Ron: We didn't get to the cinema until 10:10.

Ron: I don't think you'd have wanted to come.

Ron: I did want also, it's 117 miles away from your house.

Laura: Well, I'd just like to be invited, even if I can't make it.

Ron: Do you want me to invite you to everything I do?

Laura: Yes.

Ron: Do you want to come camping at the weekend?

Laura: Yes, please.

Laura: Where are you going?

Ron: Near Longleat.

Laura: All right, I'll be there.

Ron: Okay.

Ron: Do you want to come to the Green Party launch tomorrow?

Laura: No, thank you.

Ron: Okay.

Ron: Do you want to play Dungeons and Dragons with me and my mates on Wednesday?

Laura: Yes, please.

Ron: Okay.

Ron: Do you want to come see a band called Toodles Play on Thursday.

Laura: Toodles?

Laura: No, thank you.

Ron: Okay.

Laura: Those are all your plans for the week?

Ron: For this week, yes.

Laura: Okay, lovely.

Laura: And I'm seeing you at Alton Towers next week?

Ron: Oh, that's a good point.

Ron: Let me book my holiday offer.

Laura: Okay, well, we'll let the listener go now.

Laura: Good quiz, Laura.

Ron: Well done, everyone.

Laura: My big question after that episode, Ron, is if the listeners could choose, what stakes would you like to see on the podcast?

Laura: And the first person to tweet me T Bone or Philip gets a flick in the gargle pipe.

Laura: Punch you in the but, you know, if there were steaks, if we were to introduce steaks at this late stage of concept, what steaks would you want?

Ron: I think maybe you should have to go on, like, a school trip with a bunch of teens.

Laura: Teens?

Ron: Yeah, like GCSE teens.

Ron: GCSE.

Laura: No, they'd all be taller than me.

Laura: We hung out with nephews of the podcast today and they are big.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: Strapping lads, they are.

Laura: No, too big.

Laura: Too big.

Ron: Too big about teens.

Laura: I don't know why they're feeding teens these days.

Laura: It's like cows.

Laura: You know how cows have got, like, too big to survive?

Laura: It's like that with teens.

Laura: They just need to get them smaller again.

Ron: Some Victorian ones need to get them smoking.

Ron: Yeah, smoking and drinking.

Laura: Smoke anymore.

Ron: They vape.

Ron: Vape only makes you bigger.

Laura: What?

Laura: Oh, my God.

Laura: So, yeah, I wanted to say also, there are quite a few visuals this week.

Ron: What episode is this?

Ron: What are we going to do in this one?

Laura: This one is rated Reactions in Chemicals.

Laura: So we were doing activation.

Ron: I remember that.

Laura: Yeah, it was fun.

Laura: It was nice.

Laura: But I just wanted to say, we always post the notes on Instagram.

Laura: So if you're a regular listener and you don't follow us on Instagram, give us a follow on Instagram.

Laura: Because we stick my notes from my notebook on there.

Laura: So you can see what we're chatting about in this episode.

Laura: Because there's a little bit of referencing, visual things that we are too distracted to explain.

Laura: Yeah, but it'll all be there on the Instagram.

Laura: One last thing.

Laura: The night that we're recording, this is the night before I do the last of my crazy big walks of the year.

Laura: I'm walking 42 kilometres tomorrow.

Ron: Have you done another one this year?

Laura: Yeah, I did one in April, didn't I?

Ron: Oh, yeah.

Laura: But I'm doing one tomorrow.

Laura: It's 42 kilometres.

Laura: My sponsor form is in the link in the profile of my Instagram and I'll put it in the show.

Laura: Notes for the show.

Laura: If you'd like to sponsor me, I'm raising money for a wonderful charity that helps hospitals in Bristol and the Southwest, where we're from.

Ron: That's where I live.

Ron: Where is worried, Ron?

Ron: You're worried?

Laura: I'm worried about what?

Laura: Me.

Ron: So you want to fund the hospitals near where I live?

Laura: Oh, yeah, that's what it is.

Laura: For when Ron dies of blood pressure.

Laura: They do all the stuff that if we had a functioning government and society and less capitalism I'm not saying no capitalism because join the patreon, but I'm just saying less.

Laura: We'd have just nice waiting rooms in our scandi dream, but we don't.

Laura: We subject children to months and months and months of cancer treatment and then just give them one beanbag.

Laura: And this charity sort of helps supply the things you need to be happy while you're trying to heal.

Laura: So I'm raising money for them.

Laura: So if you can donate, please do.

Ron: Please do.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: And that's it, really.

Laura: We'll be back next week, but first.

Ron: Time for the register?

Ron: It is in the notes.

Laura: Is it?

Laura: Yeah, I can't see it.

Ron: Hang on.

Laura: You'll have to read them all.

Ron: No, I want you to read the first.

Laura: Oh, yeah.

Laura: First up, we're thanking Noah Rod's friend Noah, lovely returning boy of wonder, who was so shamed last week that he has restarted his subscription despite the fact that he is a penniless student living in an expensive place, who is now the winner of the Golden Boomerang, an award that we give to all returning subscribers.

Laura: But please don't cancel and then rejoin.

Laura: But, hey, listen, Noah, I love you, man.

Laura: Thanks for coming back.

Laura: I texted Ron.

Laura: I was so excited when you came back.

Laura: You're a golden god of a boy and we're really grateful to have you.

Ron: I'm seeing Noah tomorrow.

Laura: Yeah, enjoy oppenheimer, dude.

Ron: Oppenheimer together.

Laura: Enjoy.

Laura: That biology.

Ron: A huge thank you to Catherine R.

Ron: The R stands for really and the Catherine stands for cool.

Ron: She's a cool lady and gives Ron lessons in how to be cool.

Ron: It's not as effortless as he makes it look.

Ron: Classes include wearing a leather jacket 101, leaning and staring the Catherine R method and smoking ROLIS and flicking them as someone walks over class.

Laura: And finally, this week, thank you to Helen Tyson.

Laura: Thanks, Helen.

Laura: Helen's the PE teacher at Lexxed HQ.

Laura: She's got a face tatoo and she bit Laura Zo off once.

Laura: Hope it was Tasty.

Laura: Helen.

Laura: You deserve it.

Ron: Lobe.

Ron: Class dismissed.

No comments:

Post a Comment