Lexx Education - Episode Index

Episode 1 - Biology - A Lego Brick Full of Meccano                          Introduction to cells. Episode 2 - Chemistry - Bob Marley and th...

Monday 21 August 2023

The Narcissism Snail

 Laura: Hello, and welcome to another episode of Lex Education, the comedy science podcast, where a comedian with a sore finger tries to learn science from her brother, Ron.

Laura: Hello, Ron.

Ron: Hello.

Ron: I'm Ron.

Ron: What has happened to your finger, mate?

Laura: Ron I've hurt it looks ouchy.

Laura: It is ouchy.

Laura: And it was real gross the way it happened, too.

Laura: I was trying to open a sachet of vinegar to put on my cheesy chips for lunch, and my thumb slipped.

Laura: And my thumbnail is so much stronger than my fingernail that it just went down and sliced off half my fingernail.

Ron: That must be the sign of some deficiency.

Ron: Right.

Laura: Why is all the strength in my thumbnail I don't know.

Laura: It cut through the other nail like butter, butter nails.

Laura: But why is all the strength in my thumbnails?

Ron: Maybe thumbnails are built from I mean, they're not, but maybe they're built from different stuff.

Laura: You can't say they are not and then maybe they are.

Ron: Well, they're thicker, aren't they?

Ron: Because thumbs are bigger.

Laura: Are they bigger?

Laura: I don't think thumbs are bigger.

Ron: My thumbs are way bigger.

Laura: I don't think mine are.

Ron: Yeah, you do have horrible little stumpy thumbs.

Laura: They're not stumpy.

Laura: They're not thicker like my big toes.

Laura: They are like the daddy toes compared to all my other toes.

Laura: They are about the width of two toes.

Ron: But my thumbs one of my thumbs is cricket.

Laura: Why?

Ron: I broke it.

Laura: When?

Ron: When I was 14.

Laura: What did you do?

Ron: I was playing hockey.

Ron: I fell on it and it just.

Laura: Went.

Ron: And I didn't go because I am my father's son.

Ron: I didn't go to the hospital for a week and then went in there, ran into Rasheen's mum.

Ron: She was the doctor.

Ron: And then she X rayed it and she was like, I can't believe you haven't come to the hospital for a week.

Ron: The bones are off of the plate.

Laura: Oh, Ron.

Ron: Yeah.

Laura: And now you've got a crooked thumb forever.

Ron: Got a crooked thumb forever.

Laura: Now there was a crooked man with a crooked thumb who lived on Crooked Lane.

Laura: Is that a thing?

Laura: It's really crooked and it's baggier than the other one skin's.

Laura: All baggy.

Laura: It looks like that thumb's had a.

Ron: It was bent a little bit.

Laura: Oh, okay.

Ron: Yeah, it is very crooked.

Laura: Now they're both baggy.

Ron: Yeah.

Laura: So that's what's going on with me.

Laura: I've hurt my finger.

Laura: Child of the podcast just banged her head.

Laura: I had two portions of cheesy chips today and no other food.

Laura: Living my best life, I suppose.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: Okay.

Laura: What are you up to?

Laura: You're busy tonight?

Ron: I'm busy all the time, mate.

Laura: What are you doing tonight, Ron?

Ron: Tonight's?

Ron: DDDD Monday, I went to a very good hip hop gig in Bristol.

Ron: Hip hop, rap, Ferreira.

Ron: It was very, very good.

Ron: Yesterday I got the band back together.

Ron: We were in the studio getting the Peach Boys.

Ron: No.

Ron: Not the Peach Boys.

Ron: What are you doing?

Laura: The wind is blowing on my microphone and making a noise I don't like, so I'm trying to block it.

Ron: It's hot today, then yesterday, yeah, I was rehearsing with the band.

Ron: Today's, D and D.

Ron: Tomorrow I'm playing guitar with a different friend.

Ron: And then Friday, I'm off to a festival.

Ron: It's a good week.

Laura: End of the road festival.

Ron: No, that's in a couple of to.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: This goes out afterwards.

Ron: I'm going to Inglefest.

Laura: Inglefest?

Ron: Inglefest.

Laura: It's in Bristol.

Ron: Near Bristol.

Laura: What do you mean this goes out afterwards?

Laura: Because you don't want to get mobbed by people.

Ron: Yeah, I don't want people to be like, oh, go to Inglefest so I can get my peepers on Ron.

Laura: No, if you want to get your peepers on Ron, go to the London Podcast Festival on the 16 September 1 month to the day that we are recording this.

Ron: Oh, please come.

Ron: It's going to be a really good time.

Ron: Tickets are less than 15 pounds.

Laura: I think tickets are as cheap as we were allowed to make them.

Ron: Bring your mum.

Ron: She'll really, really like it.

Laura: She'll love it.

Laura: Fall so in love with Ron.

Ron: Bring Aunt Janny.

Ron: She'll have a good time.

Ron: Cousin's.

Laura: Got an Aunt Janny.

Ron: Cousin brill.

Laura: I should stop playing with this recording.

Ron: It sounds bad.

Ron: Worse than the wind.

Ron: What?

Ron: This is what happens when we record and we haven't chatted in a while.

Laura: Yeah, well, I mean, I say a while.

Laura: It's been three days.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: Ron's Corner.

Ron: What's?

Ron: Ron his mind.

Ron: It's the segment I introduced last week.

Ron: You told me I wouldn't do it again, but here I am doing it again because neither of us have listened to this episode.

Laura: Not only that, we haven't listened to it, ron, it's not edited yet.

Laura: I haven't got the scoobiest idea what's in this week's episode.

Ron: All right, we can whisper for a bit why Mum and dad have just shown up at your house.

Laura: I think they're being kind because Tom's away.

Laura: And it's their wedding anniversary today.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: That's weird that they've come to you for their wedding.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: They're going out together, though, just the two of.

Laura: Okay.

Laura: Nice.

Laura: They've been very helpful.

Ron: Have they?

Laura: Yeah.

Ron: Oh, that's nice.

Laura: Yeah.

Ron: Okay.

Ron: Ron's Corner.

Ron: What's?

Ron: Ron his mind.

Ron: Do you know shark teeth are just modified scales?

Laura: I think I did know that.

Laura: Don't they have, like, over 300 teeth in their lifetime?

Ron: Yeah, because they just keep on growing.

Ron: I think they have, like, 300 teeth at any one given moment.

Laura: Hey, did that book of facts arrive at your house?

Laura: Is that where you got that shark fact from?

Ron: No, I've known this for years, mate.

Laura: Just been carrying it around.

Ron: Yeah, it was mentioned on a podcast I was listening to earlier.

Ron: So I've been thinking about it.

Laura: Don't cheat on this podcast.

Ron: I don't listen to this podcast.

Laura: Ron, you have to.

Laura: We need all the downloads we can.

Ron: Get I'm in this podcast.

Laura: Well, just download it and don't listen to it, but download it.

Ron: Why?

Laura: Just boosts our numbers.

Ron: What?

Ron: So that when we look at them, we go, oh, great.

Laura: Yeah.

Ron: But then I know to subtract two to all of those numbers.

Laura: I don't.

Ron: Have a nice episode, everyone.

Laura: That is it.

Laura: This was so pointless.

Laura: We could have just started with the Bell.

Laura: Hey, Ronnie.

Laura: One, one.

Laura: Hi.

Laura: Ron.

Laura: Ron.

Laura: Roncozoid.

Laura: Ron diddly ron.

Laura: Ronkin.

Laura: Ronzo Car.

Laura: Ronzo Beans.

Laura: Hi, Ron.

Ron: Hi.

Ron: Yeah.

Laura: How are you?

Ron: Yep.

Ron: Good, thanks.

Ron: I bought a guitar today.

Laura: Whoa.

Laura: I saw a really cool pedal in a shop yesterday and I was going to text it to you, but it was raining and I didn't want to stop walking.

Ron: That's fair.

Ron: Do text that to me.

Ron: I'd be interested in seeing it.

Laura: If you walk past it, get it was purple.

Ron: Do you know what it did?

Laura: No.

Ron: Okay.

Laura: End of conversation.

Laura: Next conversation.

Ron: Didn't you want to ask me about the guitar that I bought?

Ron: Wow.

Laura: Yes, I do.

Laura: Is it the Tremelo Blonzo one that you wanted to get?

Ron: No, cheque it out.

Ron: I think you're going to like it.

Ron: It's very nice to look at.

Laura: Are you showing it to me in real life, or are you sending me a link?

Ron: It arrives on Monday, so I will send you that's.

Laura: The good thing about online shopping is you get the day you bought it and the day it arrives.

Laura: It's like two shopping days.

Ron: Also, I got to bloody I bought it online, and then you can just pay in three instalments.

Ron: Otherwise I don't have to wait a couple of months to save up to buy it.

Laura: Did you do Klana?

Ron: I did do Klana.

Laura: How much is the interest on that?

Ron: None.

Laura: Wowzers.

Laura: Trousers.

Ron: Yeah, they like don't cheque at all.

Ron: It was well easy.

Ron: Look at that.

Ron: It's like autumnal, but 70.

Laura: Oh, it's very seventy s.

Laura: So we're looking at one of those electric guitars with, like, the little nubbing bit on the bottom.

Laura: And it's got, like, a Strum rest thing.

Laura: Six strings.

Laura: It's Fender.

Laura: It's got some knobs on it.

Laura: Very shiny bit down the bottom.

Laura: Oh, it's lovely.

Laura: Very 70s.

Laura: Orange.

Laura: Like a warm burnt orange.

Ron: It's a telecaster player plus Nashville edition, right?

Laura: Yeah.

Ron: The Nashville has a third strap pickup in it.

Ron: I'm going to replace one of the pickups, and then I'm going to have three different types of pickup for a lot of versatility on this guitar.

Laura: Laura what's a pickup?

Ron: Ron a pickup is what?

Laura: I'm assuming you don't mean a truck.

Laura: Wouldn't it be wild if your guitar was a truck and you were driving a musical instrument?

Laura: It's weak.

Laura: It's weak, but I've done it.

Ron: Do you know how an electrical current is generated?

Laura: No.

Laura: Don't do science with it.

Laura: Teachable moment, please.

Laura: This is the nice bit before it all goes down.

Ron: No.

Ron: You know how an electrical current is generated by a magnet moving near a coil of wires.

Laura: Yeah, absolutely.

Ron: Okay.

Ron: Basically, the pickups convert the movement of the strings into an electrical signal that then goes down the wire to the amplifier.

Laura: What did I ask?

Laura: What did you say?

Ron: You asked what pickups were.

Laura: Right.

Laura: What was it?

Ron: They convert the movement of the string into an electrical signal.

Laura: So what happens if you don't have a pickup?

Ron: It's an acoustic guitar.

Laura: Oh.

Laura: Why have you got free pickups?

Ron: Because.

Laura: Different pickups workers.

Laura: Nobody says because as much as you because what?

Ron: Because what?

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: Most people do say because.

Laura: You say because.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: When I'm, like, recording a podcast and.

Laura: I have to think a bit about.

Ron: What I'm saying, I'm really self conscious.

Ron: It's got three pickups because pickups work slightly differently.

Ron: So this one, I think it has I can't even remember what they're called off the top of my head now.

Laura: Stanley, Travago and Schlum.

Ron: No, it's got the single coil ones.

Laura: Oh, the morena coil.

Laura: Is that the one that's hormone free?

Laura: That's the one.

Laura: I've got the copper coil.

Ron: Gross.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: Reproduction is gross.

Ron: It is gross.

Laura: You're gross.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: And then different guitars are doing pickups.

Ron: It affects how they sound, the tone and stuff and what you can do with them.

Ron: Really?

Laura: Can you dig a hole with it?

Laura: No.

Ron: Nor would I.

Ron: I love this guitar more than I love you.

Laura: You don't even have that guitar yet.

Ron: Yeah, that's how much I love it.

Laura: F*** you, Ron.

Laura: You're a vindictive than when your parents say there's pudding, and what they mean is, there's yoghurt.

Ron: What's wrong with yoghurt?

Laura: It's not a good pudding.

Ron: You give it to yoghurt every day for pudding.

Laura: Yeah, because she doesn't know better.

Laura: She's so young.

Laura: Oh, my God.

Laura: I gave her a fairy cake today and she went, Ma.

Laura: She licked the icing and then I swear, just leant forward and went onto the cake to get more.

Laura: It was probably had to be there's.

Laura: Biology this week.

Ron: Yeah.

Laura: If you can tear your face away from your guitar.

Ron: I just want to look at it.

Ron: Can you remember where we were studying last time?

Laura: Oh, I hate it when you say that because it just sets me up for failure.

Ron: Failure.

Laura: Oh, shut up.

Laura: Failure.

Laura: Photosynthesis.

Laura: Feel like we've been doing that for a while.

Ron: No, this was a really nice episode.

Ron: It's the one that just went out you listened to earlier today.

Laura: That kind of was Photosynthesis and starch.

Ron: Glucose.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: The different uses of glucose.

Laura: Different uses of glucose.

Laura: Can you use it to build a house?

Laura: You could, but it's not advisable.

Laura: There would be wasps all over your house all the time.

Laura: And lots of leukocate salesmen coming round to see if they can use the bricks from your house to put in the drinks.

Laura: The Laura.

Laura: That wouldn't be the salesman's job.

Laura: They'd be out selling the leukocate.

Laura: How do you even sell leukocate in this day and age, surely everybody that's a drinks vendor has considered Lucas aid.

Laura: Yeah, that's the existential crisis of being a Lucasade salesman.

Ron: Yeah.

Laura: I don't think that song went anywhere.

Laura: Anybody?

Laura: You had a drink of water at the end.

Ron: I neither wanted to stop that nor join in.

Laura: You couldn't have joined in.

Ron: That needed to be left on its own.

Laura: I'm giddy.

Ron: What was the first use?

Ron: So, yeah, we were looking at glucose.

Ron: We were looking at uses of glucose last time.

Ron: What was the first one?

Laura: If a ball is in motion, then don't stop it and it'll keep going.

Laura: And if something is stopped, you have to overcome the stoppage to get it to go.

Ron: Was that a joke?

Laura: Yeah, it was good.

Ron: It was good, actually.

Laura: It was good.

Ron: Look at this nice plant.

Laura: Yeah, that was in my house for ages.

Ron: It's recovered now.

Laura: Oh, my God, you're so rude to me.

Ron: Why do you take everything as a jab?

Laura: Because I said it was in my house and you said, yeah, it's recovered now.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: So it wasn't looking its best at your house, but I've managed to get it back up and running.

Laura: Why didn't you just get it back up and running while it was at my house?

Ron: Because I wasn't looking at it all day and trying to procrastinate at my desk, was I?

Laura: Why not put it on your desk at my house?

Ron: I don't have no Laura.

Ron: That's a weird thing to complain about.

Laura: I don't like negativity about me.

Ron: Nobody said anything about you.

Ron: You've inserted yourself into it like a weird narcissistic snail.

Laura: Look at this.

Ron: Look at this other plant that I bought, though.

Laura: Oh, didn't buy it when you lived with me, did you?

Laura: No.

Laura: Didn't want to buy nice things.

Ron: No, because you'd have killed it with your horrible witch hands.

Ron: Anyway, so what was the first use of glucose?

Laura: Energy.

Laura: Yeah, from the sun.

Ron: How do we get the energy out of the glucose?

Laura: Photosynthesis.

Ron: No, that's how we make the glucose.

Ron: F*** me.

Ron: It's Groundhog Day.

Ron: Just over and over again.

Ron: Just the same input, nothing changes.

Ron: The same s*** comes out every time.

Laura: I was really happy with no respiration.

Ron: Thank you.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: So we're moving on to section 4.4.2, specifically 4.4.2 .1.

Laura: Why have you suddenly started doing these numbers so much?

Ron: I find it quite funny and they're fun to say.

Ron: 4.4.2 .1.

Laura: Respiration.

Laura: Oh, I put respirations.

Laura: Let's scribble that s out.

Laura: Goodbye, S.

Laura: Goodbye, S.

Ron: 4.4.2 .1.

Ron: Specifically under the 4.4.2 respiration.

Laura: 4.4.2 stop it.

Ron: Aerobic and anaerobic.

Ron: Respiration.

Laura: Aerobic and anaerobic.

Ron: Do you know what those two words mean?

Laura: One of them is about oxygen and one of them is without oxygen.

Laura: I think aerobic is with oxygenated and anaerobic is non oxygenated.

Ron: Yeah, that is correct.

Ron: If the first time you did say one of them is about oxygen, which.

Laura: Is, you know.

Ron: Absolutely.

Ron: Aerobic is respiration.

Ron: In the presence of oxygen and anaerobic is in the presence of no oxygen.

Ron: Your cells can do both.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: And if you do anaerobic, you get lactic acid buildup.

Laura: And that's what makes your muscles tired, is your body has to process it.

Laura: And that's why sometimes you feel sick after exercise, because there's too much acid in your tummy and you've got to process it another way.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: Well done, Laura.

Laura: Yes.

Ron: Maybe we're going to get through this quicker than we thought.

Ron: What do organisms need energy for?

Laura: Moving, repairing, growing.

Ron: It's written bucketed, those two.

Ron: In the syllabus.

Ron: It says chemical reactions to build larger molecules.

Ron: What burns a lot of energy in humans and penguins and dogs and horses and cats and ganoos and wildebeest, but not in lizards or fish or worms or spiders singing?

Ron: No.

Ron: Ganoos don't sing.

Laura: Yeah, they do.

Laura: I'm a ganu, I'm a ganu.

Ron: Do you know the ganu song Ganu Monday?

Ron: I see a ganu in the harbour.

Ron: If you were, you'd have loved that.

Ron: Nora.

Ron: You've ruined the punchline to that.

Laura: What was the punchline?

Laura: Sorry?

Ron: I said that the band was called Ganu Order.

Laura: I thought you'd already done that, though.

Ron: Wasn't that the song was called Ganu Monday?

Ron: Many layers.

Laura: I was singing.

Laura: It had to be new.

Ron: It's canoe new life for me and I'm feeling.

Laura: Well.

Laura: We're not going to top that.

Laura: It's.

Laura: Keeping warm, Ron?

Laura: Keeping warm is the answer you're looking for.

Ron: Yes, it is.

Ron: Well done.

Ron: And what are all of those things that I listed?

Ron: Apart from the penguin?

Laura: Primates, mammals.

Laura: Mammals.

Laura: Mammals?

Ron: Yeah, mammals.

Laura: Mammalian, David.

Laura: Mammalt.

Ron: So, are you taking notes?

Laura: Yeah.

Ron: You're having fun?

Laura: Both, actually, Ron.

Laura: If I'm honest with you, sir, that's.

Ron: The best place to be.

Ron: Okay.

Ron: Do you know what the equation for aerobic respiration is?

Laura: No.

Ron: How's?

Ron: It a guess.

Ron: Have a go.

Laura: What did you say?

Laura: Equation for?

Ron: What?

Laura: I heard the word equation and just.

Ron: Assumed I didn't know the equation for aerobic respiration.

Laura: Movement plus O two equals yes.

Ron: What gets used up in respiration?

Laura: Energy.

Laura: No.

Laura: Amino acids?

Ron: No.

Laura: Protein.

Ron: Think about it.

Ron: Stop just talking.

Ron: Stop for stop for a second.

Ron: Stop for a f****** second.

Laura: Stop.

Ron: You and just started I hate laura, laura.

Ron: Stop thinking for a second.

Ron: Just reset your brain.

Ron: Think it through.

Ron: Use context.

Ron: Use weeks of stop doing that.

Ron: How did we get onto the topic of respiratory oxygen?

Ron: That's one.

Ron: What's the other one?

Ron: We talked about it for a f****** hour in the last biology episode.

Laura: Starch.

Ron: What's?

Ron: Starch.

Ron: Made out of sugar.

Ron: What's the word for sugar that we've been using for hours now?

Laura: High.

Ron: It's glucose, you large dunce.

Laura: What did you call me?

Ron: I called you a large dunce.

Laura: I don't like that.

Laura: That isn't kind.

Laura: Glucose.

Ron: If you start being a smaller dunce I'll recognise that on podcast.

Laura: Why can't we just say sugar?

Ron: Because there are different types of sugar.

Ron: Fructose, galactose, lactose.

Laura: You're making up, to name but a few.

Laura: I'm not that's not real.

Laura: That sounds like something out of Avengers.

Laura: No, Galactose is galactose killed my father.

Laura: That kind of bullshit.

Ron: Yes, because in Sci-Fi they use sciency sounding words.

Ron: Actually, galactos that kills the father is named after the sugar because he's sweet.

Ron: That's some sweet daddy killer.

Laura: Yeah, he's like a cool sugar daddy.

Ron: That's his other name.

Ron: I'm Galactic.

Laura: Brown sugar.

Laura: How come you killed my dad?

Ron: Very nice.

Laura: Thank you.

Laura: Glucose plus oxygen equals CO2, maybe?

Ron: Absolutely, yes.

Laura: And heat.

Ron: No.

Ron: So it's a chemical equation.

Ron: So we're looking for a chemical.

Ron: Do you remember what glucose is made up of?

Laura: Sugar.

Laura: No.

Ron: It is a sugar.

Laura: Hey.

Laura: C six.

Laura: H twelve.

Laura: Holiday oranges.

Laura: That one.

Laura: H twelve six.

Ron: Okay, so if we're making carbon dioxide, that's got no H's in it, does it?

Ron: So the H's have to go somewhere.

Laura: HS have to go somewhere.

Laura: Hydrogen, I guess, then.

Ron: Do you think there's lots of hydrogen gas coming out of our bodies all the time?

Laura: Maybe.

Ron: I'd be asking this question if.

Laura: That was well, you said it has to come somewhere.

Laura: It doesn't have to be a gas.

Laura: Could be hydrogen.

Laura: Solid.

Ron: You think there's lots of laura, pick up on f****** social.

Ron: The intensity of your dunce hood is increasing.

Laura: Wait a minute.

Ron: It's probably not that.

Laura: Okay, you passive aggressive little w*****.

Laura: Hey.

Laura: Hey.

Laura: We like to go to Cambridge in the summer.

Laura: The weekends.

Ron: We don't go to school there.

Ron: We'd like to go there.

Laura: Yeah, you go punting from Oxford.

Laura: No, you don't live in Oxford.

Ron: I don't get the bit that you're doing, then.

Laura: I feel it's an impression of you and your stupid boy voice.

Laura: I'm picking up my gel pens using this pair of scissors.

Laura: Hydrochloric acid.

Ron: Where's the chlorine come from, Laura?

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: I thought it was carbon hydrocarbons.

Ron: That is possible, but that's not what it is.

Ron: At least with the available building blocks, that could be made.

Ron: But no.

Laura: Hey, is water hydrogen oxide?

Ron: That's one way that you could say it, yeah.

Laura: Is it water?

Ron: Yes.

Laura: It ron, don't sit sit there like that.

Laura: Because I got it.

Laura: Just because there was a pause while I thought you should be proud.

Laura: I got that.

Laura: Ron.

Laura: Ron, I got it.

Laura: Right.

Ron: Okay.

Ron: Righty.

Ron: Rubles, then.

Ron: That's aerobic respiration, isn't it?

Laura: Yes.

Laura: They're blown away by my impressive deduction skills.

Ron: Because you're f****** tiring.

Ron: The equation for anaerobic respiration is just a straight glucose to lactic acid.

Ron: No other bits needed, no other things taken out.

Laura: Glucose equals lactic acid.

Laura: All right.

Ron: Do you remember last time when we were talking about the difference between sugar and fats?

Laura: Yeah, I remember talking about the difference between starch and fat.

Ron: What's starch made of, Laura?

Laura: So is yeah.

Laura: Sames.

Laura: Okay, yeah.

Laura: Yes, then, yes, I do remember.

Ron: Can you remember where I said the energy in these molecules is stored like the bit that we get the energy from.

Laura: The DNA.

Ron: What?

Ron: The sugar's DNA.

Ron: Does that sound right?

Laura: The tail.

Laura: The little tail.

Ron: Tail of what?

Laura: Tail of polymonomers.

Ron: You think you make a polymer and you just nibble off the tail with a long chain?

Ron: Chain of what?

Laura: I don't know.

Laura: Do I monomers polymers?

Laura: I remember doing a tail.

Ron: You didn't do a tail.

Laura: We did.

Ron: You drew a fat molecule.

Laura: Yeah.

Ron: Is that it?

Laura: Amino.

Ron: Why are you saying amino?

Ron: Why are you saying DNA?

Laura: Remember talking why?

Ron: No, it's just a polymer.

Laura: It's a polymer.

Laura: I said that.

Ron: Yeah, but we don't get energy from DNA.

Laura: What do you want me to say?

Laura: Polymer?

Ron: No, I asked you to stop saying polymer.

Laura: Polymer.

Ron: We drew out a hydrocarbon, a lipid molecule that was the chain of C's with all of the hydrogens coming off.

Laura: Yeah, that's the tail I was talking about.

Ron: Why is that a tail?

Laura: Because it looks like a tail.

Ron: Do you think all things that are long and do you see, like, a cable and just say, that looks like a tail?

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: If I was asked to describe it, I'd say it looks like a tail.

Ron: Weird.

Ron: So we were talking about that.

Laura: Would you say a table does not look like a tail?

Ron: It's not in my mind all the time, all the hundreds of times I interact with cables during the day.

Laura: That's sad for you.

Laura: You could be imagining lots of puppies.

Ron: You are a little creep about tails, though.

Laura: I've got a tail.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: It's so weird.

Laura: I love it.

Ron: Anywho, it was the hydrogens, wasn't it was the hydrogens.

Ron: That what was the bond between the hydrogen and the carbon is where the energy is stored that we can take out.

Laura: Okay.

Ron: Do you remember talking about that last time?

Laura: No.

Ron: So that's why fat is more calorically dense than sugar.

Laura: I f****** love that sentence.

Ron: Because there's a lot more carbon to hydrogen bonds.

Laura: Are there any carbon calorically dense?

Ron: Dense, dense, dense calorically dunce.

Ron: There we go.

Laura: Episode Title Bang and that was me that came up with that.

Laura: And actually I came up with that way quicker than you would have done.

Laura: Just like you come up with the science quicker than me.

Laura: So we just have different brains.

Laura: Ah.

Ron: I don't know why you're taking calling yourself a dense dunce is the win you think it is?

Laura: Yeah, I'm pleased with it.

Laura: Calorically dunce.

Ron: Anyway.

Laura: That'S not going to be one of your SEO titles, though.

Ron: Are there any hydrogen to carbon bonds on the other side of an aerobic respiration?

Laura: No.

Ron: Why do you sound unsure?

Laura: I was trying to read your face so I can't say the word slowly.

Laura: See how you react.

Ron: Lloyd, don't do that because you're not good at reading people.

Laura: I'm trying to get better.

Ron: No.

Laura: Think about yes.

Ron: No.

Ron: Think about it and look at the molecules that are made.

Laura: How can I look at them?

Laura: They're tiny.

Ron: We might have to stop.

Laura: Totally 62.

Laura: We've just had new artwork made.

Laura: I'm not stopping now.

Laura: Not until that's paid for itself.

Ron: Then f****** buck up your ideas.

Laura: That was a good joke, Ron.

Laura: I got you with that $1.

Ron: Up your ideas, mate.

Ron: Come on.

Laura: How can I look at them?

Laura: Where are they?

Ron: You told me what the reaction was.

Laura: Yeah.

Ron: What's made in an aerobic respiration?

Laura: Glucose and lactic acid.

Ron: No, that's anaerobic, isn't it?

Laura: Aerobic is glucose, oxygen, carbon dioxide and water.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: What's made.

Laura: Carbon dioxide and water?

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: Are there any carbon to hydrogen bonds in that?

Ron: You know, both of these molecules, what's?

Laura: A molecule is water the molecule.

Laura: H 20 is the molecule.

Ron: They're all f****** molecules.

Laura: Carbon to hydrogen.

Laura: No, I was right.

Laura: I said no when I get it right.

Laura: Can we just move on instead of having to shuffle round the dance floor until I get it right in the way that you wanted it right?

Laura: If it's right, let's just take it as a f****** win.

Ron: No, because you guessed by picking a random one and then looking at my face, you didn't think about it at all.

Laura: Who cares, Ron?

Laura: A win's a win.

Laura: The examiner's not going to sit there staring at me like you didn't say it properly, right?

Ron: Who do you think the examiner's going to be?

Laura: It's me.

Ron: And I'm going to stare at you saying you didn't get that properly right.

Laura: Why?

Ron: Because I hate you.

Ron: Okay?

Laura: I thought things would calm down when we weren't in the same room anymore.

Ron: No, we're still running hot and if anything, I'm just better rested.

Laura: I guess the bed that I gave you wasn't good enough either.

Ron: It's too short for me.

Ron: I don't know how Tom used to sleep in that.

Ron: Actually, I asked him about this and this is one of the saddest things anyone has ever said to me.

Ron: I was like, Tom, I'm not a tall man and I have to poke my toes through the slats at the end of that bed.

Ron: How on earth did you survive?

Ron: And he said I had to learn to curl up, which is just so sad.

Laura: It's fine.

Laura: He regularly sleeps in the foetal position since he married me.

Laura: Don't worry.

Laura: Actually, a lot of the time he sleeps diagonally because I don't reach the end of the bed, so we kind of fit like that.

Ron: Yeah, but yeah.

Ron: Plus the curtains here are just a.

Laura: Bit darker, which is f****** send me a list of everything wrong with my house.

Laura: Why don't you s*** me?

Laura: I won't invite you again.

Ron: Yes, you will.

Laura: I won't.

Ron: You crave the company.

Ron: Okay, Laura, in the glucosetalactic acid equation, are there any carbon to hydrogen bonds in the product?

Ron: Now, before you panic, or just try and guess by looking at me, have a think about what you know about the way that carbons and hydrogens and oxygens and stuff bond together and see if you can work out whether see if you can work out the answer before taking an ill informed guess.

Ron: It treat.

Ron: It a bit like a game.

Ron: Carbons can make four bonds, oxygens can make two, hydrogens can make one.

Ron: Is there any way that you could arrange that, that there would be no hydrogen to carbon bonds?

Laura: You it.

Ron: No, because if all of the hydrogens have to bond to oxygens, that's going to use up all of the bonds on the oxygens because they can only make two.

Ron: You see.

Laura: There, though, Ron, I didn't think about what you asked me to think about at all.

Laura: I just paused for a while and then said no, slowly.

Ron: Then you've robbed yourself enough of an opportunity to learn and more for you.

Laura: But I have learned.

Ron: No, you haven't.

Laura: I have.

Ron: No, you haven't.

Laura: I got it right.

Ron: Won't stay in getting it's a 50 50 guess.

Ron: You've not learned.

Laura: I have.

Ron: You will remain a large dance.

Laura: Calorically dance.

Laura: Is lactic acid milk?

Ron: No.

Laura: Why is it lack?

Ron: Because lactic acid is the acid version of lactose, which is the sugar that's in milk.

Laura: Ah.

Ron: So what can we work out from that observation about the efficacy of that reaction?

Laura: I don't think I've ever heard anybody say efficacy in real life before.

Ron: It's a good word, isn't it?

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: I only knew it from Lily.

Ron: The pink calorically efficacy.

Ron: And full of good words.

Ron: Brimming.

Ron: Another good word.

Laura: What was the question?

Ron: Okay, we'll work it through again.

Ron: Where is the energy stored in these molecules that we harvest?

Laura: In the hydrogen to carbon link bonds?

Ron: Yes.

Ron: And in an aerobic reaction, there are no carbon to hydrogen bonds left at the end of it.

Ron: In an anaerobic respiration?

Ron: There are some.

Ron: So what can we infer about the efficacy of the anaerobic respiration?

Laura: It's less efficient.

Ron: It's less efficient?

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: We're not getting all of the energy out of the glucose that we're using.

Laura: Why?

Ron: Yeah, it's fun, isn't it?

Ron: Yeah, it anaerobic.

Ron: That's how anaerobic respiration goes in humans, animals, mammals, especially.

Ron: Anaerobic respiration in plants and yeast cells goes a little bit different.

Laura: Yeast cells?

Laura: Yeast aldi cells.

Ron: You probably are aware of the product of anaerobic respiration in plants, in yeast.

Ron: Do you happen to know what it is?

Laura: Hang on.

Laura: Playback.

Laura: The product of anaerobic respiration in plants and yeast.

Laura: And yeast.

Laura: Well, like, I'm thinking my starter, it's carbon dioxide that bubbles up, isn't it?

Laura: But then things that's one of them.

Laura: Oh, it's carbon dioxide and alcohol.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: Ethanol.

Ron: Really?

Ron: Well done.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: So another word for anaerobic restoration in yeast, ales, is fermentation.

Laura: I started thinking about that family that Megan used to be friends with then.

Ron: What family that Megan used to be friends with?

Laura: Furman.

Ron: Oh, right.

Ron: How long have we been recording?

Laura: 35 minutes.

Ron: Cool.

Ron: That's a good place to stop.

Laura: What?

Laura: Just me referencing a family.

Ron: Yes.

Laura: Okay, well, can you go back to the bit.

Laura: Where I got alcohol and ethanol, right.

Laura: Fermentation.

Laura: And then just end it in a more well rounded way.

Laura: Ron, we're not just ending it like this with a random reference to a family, and then you just going like, well, I've contractually fulfilled my obligations.

Laura: Goodbye.

Ron: No further questions, Your Honour.

Ron: Case dismissed.

Laura: We'll see how familiar it is.

Ron: Well, I mean, if we don't have a recording of it either way, then we have to do it, so it doesn't really matter.

Laura: But there might be a recording of it somewhere in my download.

Ron: I don't see why we'd have done a quiz and then not the next episode.

Laura: Maybe we prepared the quiz and then couldn't be bothered to record it.

Ron: That's probably the thing that feels like us.

Ron: Yeah.

Laura: Soluble salts from the window man.

Ron: The window man?

Laura: Yeah, that's where you get your soluble salts from.

Laura: Don't you remember?

Ron: No.

Laura: Your brain is a swamp.

Laura: What's the quiz about today, RonF?

Ron: Aerobic and anaerobic respiration.

Laura: I remember this.

Laura: Yes, because lactic acid.

Ron: We've potentially done it in a lesson and a quiz, but we are so disorganised, we actually just don't know.

Laura: I'm really organised.

Laura: I've got the spreadsheet.

Ron: Yeah, but you're organised to the point where if you get a fly in the ointment, it all goes out the window.

Laura: No, it's just we're organised in different ways because I've got the magical spreadsheet and you don't know numbers and I don't know what we studied and you don't write down what we studied next to the numbers and I only write down the numbers.

Ron: I never go in that sheet.

Laura: Well, that's where you're f****** us up then, mate.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: What's the formula for aerobic respiration, Laura?

Laura: I'm going to read out the only formula that's in the book.

Ron: Don't read it out from the book.

Laura: All right, then.

Laura: I don't know.

Ron: Okay, zero marks for that.

Laura: No, let me read it from my learning book.

Ron: Why?

Laura: Because that is a type of learning.

Ron: It's not.

Ron: That's a type of reading.

Laura: Who wrote it down?

Ron: The people that wrote the syllabus.

Ron: You've just copied it.

Ron: But you have not learnt this.

Laura: I listened.

Ron: No, but you've not learnt it.

Laura: Ron, when Abraham Lincoln gave his famous four score and seven years ago speech, did he or did he not write the speech?

Ron: I don't know.

Laura: He did.

Ron: Are you sure?

Laura: Just because he was reading it off a piece of paper doesn't mean he wasn't giving the speech.

Ron: Yes, but you did not discover aerobic respiration.

Ron: I would not fault the people that came up with this s*** for writing it down.

Ron: That's an important part of history and science.

Ron: You are not contributing.

Laura: I am.

Ron: You're not.

Laura: Anyway, you're right.

Laura: Oxygen equals CO2 and H.

Laura: 20 shattered.

Ron: Fragments of nuggets of science giants.

Laura: Causeway of learning.

Ron: Guessing which one applies to the question that's being asked.

Laura: That's just what my life is, Ron.

Ron: Like I say, you're not contributing.

Laura: I am emotionally when we discover emotional sciences, they'll be like, she was way ahead of her time.

Laura: I'm going to be like the Van.

Ron: Gogh of feelings they have that's social sciences.

Laura: Maybe that's me, then.

Laura: Maybe I'm one of those.

Ron: You're one of the social sciences?

Laura: Yeah.

Ron: Is there an empathy one and that one empathology?

Laura: Yeah.

Ron: No, in animals, Laura.

Ron: In animals.

Ron: What's the formula for anaerobic respiration?

Laura: Glucose equals carbon dioxide and water.

Ron: Write it out.

Ron: See if that would work.

Laura: No.

Laura: Okay.

Ron: Think about it.

Laura: No, I'm reading your tone.

Laura: You're saying no.

Laura: Glucose equals carbon monoxide and six H 20 and lactic acid.

Ron: You think that when we respire anaerobically, we make carbon monoxide, we'd all be dead.

Laura: Okay, I'm reading your that would be.

Ron: Such a horrible negative feedback loop because the more carbon monoxide you made, the less oxygen you'd be able to get, and then the more carbon dioxide monoxide you'd make.

Ron: And then you'd die.

Ron: You'd die.

Laura: Okay.

Ron: You don't know, and that's okay.

Ron: No, you have one more guess and you're going to get a third of a mark.

Ron: Even if you get this right, just.

Laura: Nod at the bits that are right.

Laura: Okay.

Laura: Glucose.

Laura: No.

Laura: Okay.

Ron: No, I'm not saying no to glucose.

Ron: I'm saying no, I'm not going to nod oh.

Ron: To help.

Laura: Why?

Ron: Because if you're going to just read it out of a book, and if you're going to claim that you're reading.

Laura: It out of a book, there's nothing written in the book.

Ron: Yeah.

Laura: That thing I read you last time is the only note I made.

Laura: So now I am using my brain and you're still not f****** happy.

Ron: So which one is it, Laura?

Ron: Are you using the book and are you contributing to science because you're the next footnote in the long tapestry of people writing this down or are you not?

Laura: Ron, I'm using the book when the book is available.

Laura: But write down this one.

Ron: If that's the method that you're going with, why didn't you write this down?

Laura: Because I was probably talking to you.

Ron: Right?

Ron: You don't know?

Laura: No.

Ron: Let me all right, you have one more guess.

Laura: Yeah, that is still the original one more guess.

Laura: Glucose.

Laura: And there's no oxygen.

Laura: So just glucose equals carbon dioxide and lactic acid.

Ron: No.

Laura: No water?

Ron: No.

Laura: It was anticlimactic, wasn't it?

Laura: Great.

Ron: If I what's?

Ron: What's the formula for carbon dioxide?

Laura: CO2.

Ron: Where's all that oxygen coming from?

Laura: The glucose.

Ron: But then do you think there are two oxygens for every carbon in a glucose molecule, plus all of the other s*** that you need to make lactic acid?

Laura: I don't know what lactic acid is.

Ron: But does that no, but you know what?

Ron: Glucose.

Laura: Yeah, but I don't know how many carbons there might be, like, six carbons or something.

Ron: Well, you know how many carbons are in glucose?

Laura: Six.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: How many oxygens?

Laura: Six.

Ron: So could you make CO2?

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: You just have to put the big numbers on the front to balance it.

Ron: But you're only having one input.

Laura: Is there more than one input?

Ron: No, there's just glucose.

Ron: Okay, so you don't see what I'm saying, do you?

Ron: All right, we're moving on.

Ron: Zero.

Laura: Well, what's the answer then, you f***.

Ron: It's just glucose into.

Ron: Lactic acid.

Laura: Oh, that's a tricko.

Laura: I don't even know what lactic acid is.

Laura: You still breathe it out, though.

Ron: Yeah, when you're running.

Laura: You're not spitting out lactic acid, are you?

Ron: When you're running and your muscles are anaerobically respiring, do you stop breathing?

Laura: I guess that is what I had assumed was happening.

Ron: No.

Ron: Your whole body does not flick from aerobic to anaerobic.

Laura: Oh, so your muscles are doing one, but your lungs are doing the other one?

Ron: Well, it's just well, no, every cell.

Laura: So hot up here.

Laura: I am like, flop, sweating, disgusting.

Ron: Every cell will be doing both.

Ron: Basically crikey.

Laura: No wonder I'm always tired.

Ron: Okay, Laura, what's the formula for anaerobic respiration in bacteria and yeast?

Laura: We didn't do that.

Ron: Yes, we did.

Laura: Run.

Laura: Glucose equals six CO2.

Ron: Does glucose equals six CO2?

Ron: Run those numbers again, Laura.

Ron: Where's all the f****** oxygen coming from?

Laura: That glucose.

Ron: No, because you just told me there's the same number of carbons and oxygens.

Ron: So where's the f****** glucose?

Ron: Where's the oxygen coming from?

Laura: And sucrose starch.

Laura: Starch?

Ron: Why are you saying starch at me?

Ron: Why are you saying starch at me?

Laura: We talked about starch, didn't we?

Ron: Yeah, but why are you saying starch at me right now?

Laura: Is there starch?

Ron: What's?

Ron: Starch?

Laura: Formal sugar.

Ron: Formal sugar?

Laura: Yeah.

Ron: It's not wearing a f****** tie.

Ron: What's it for?

Laura: Tidying the sugar up.

Ron: It's storage.

Ron: It's storage of glucose.

Ron: So why would that be relevant now?

Laura: I don't know.

Laura: I'm just trying to say words.

Ron: Yeah, I know, but I'm saying don't just f****** say things.

Laura: Corey.

Laura: I haven't said that in a while.

Laura: Is it glucose?

Ron: They're all glucose, right?

Ron: That's what glucose is for.

Ron: It's for respiring on and with an at.

Laura: Glucose plus.

Ron: Heat, anaerobic respiration.

Laura: Glucose equals lactic acid.

Ron: That's the same as the one you just did.

Ron: Why is it when we're doing things like this that you don't think.

Laura: I haven't got?

Laura: I know you want me to say something else, Laura, but no.

Ron: Laura, you're a baker.

Ron: Laura, Laura, Laura, Laura.

Laura: Shut up.

Ron: Laura, Laura, Laura, Laura, Laura, Laura, Laura.

Laura: Hey, shut laura.

Laura: Ron.

Laura: Ron.

Laura: Laura, shut up.

Laura: Shut up for a while.

Laura: Laura.

Laura: Hey, be quiet.

Laura: Try shutting up for 1 second while I talk to you.

Laura: Hey, listen, but I'm really worried.

Laura: You're not shutting up, are you?

Laura: Yes.

Laura: This is noisy, Ron.

Laura: Not quiet, little baby Ron.

Laura: Which is what we're looking for.

Laura: There we go.

Laura: Well done, Laura.

Laura: No, shut up.

Laura: You make it very hard for me to work things out because I don't have any more inputs for this.

Laura: And then when I try and think of an input, you go, don't just say things, don't flap your mealy, little gums, and just pull things out of your bum, when actually what I'm doing is trying to do what you're asking me to do.

Ron: Yeah, but here's the thing with that, Laura, is that your first port of call in every scenario when it comes to this podcast is trial and error.

Ron: And that's not always the quickest route to an answer.

Ron: So rather than going right, okay, so we're dealing with glucose.

Ron: What's something that I've heard about in the same context as glucose?

Ron: Oh, starch.

Ron: Maybe I'll say starch, which is what you did before.

Ron: Why don't you think?

Ron: Okay, the questions about bacteria and yeast, where do I know those from?

Ron: In my day to day life, I'm a baker.

Ron: What happens when I use yeast?

Laura: Bread.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: What's happening when the yeast happens?

Laura: Bubbles.

Ron: Or where else is yeast used?

Laura: Marmite.

Ron: That's yeast extract.

Ron: Where else is it used?

Ron: In industry?

Laura: Beer.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: What's in beer?

Laura: Bubbles.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: What's the bubbles made out of?

Laura: Yeast.

Ron: You think that's gaseous yeast?

Laura: Is he the one that Muhammad Ali beats?

Ron: You think that the formula is glucose equals gaseous yeast.

Ron: When they respire anaerobically, they just evaporate themselves.

Ron: Is that what you think?

Laura: Probably is.

Ron: No.

Ron: What's in f****** beer, you dunce?

Laura: Salt.

Ron: I mean, you know me, I love tucking into a crispy pint of salty beer, but they put that in separately.

Ron: What else is in beer?

Laura: Hops.

Ron: No, what's in it?

Ron: It's f****** alcoholic.

Ron: It's alcoholic.

Laura: Why is alcohol ethanol?

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: So glucose has turned into ethanol.

Ron: Alcohol and carbon dioxide.

Ron: The bubbles.

Laura: Bread alcoholic.

Ron: No, but they make CO2 in the bread, don't they?

Ron: That's what gives it the bubbles.

Laura: So what are you asking me to say?

Ron: Just think about yeast, ethanol and carbon dioxide.

Laura: Christ.

Ron: Rather than just being, like, so difficult.

Ron: Glucose is in fruit pastels.

Ron: So maybe it's fruit pastels and oxygen.

Laura: Are we done?

Laura: What's the f****** next one?

Ron: No, that's it.

Ron: That's the quiz.

Ron: Oh, no, there is one more.

Ron: There's another one.

Ron: This one's a biggie as well.

Ron: Why is anaerobic respiration less efficient than aerobic?

Laura: Because we can't process lactic acid.

Laura: We can't break it down.

Laura: It has to go in our tummies.

Laura: That makes us feel sick.

Ron: Why would that make it more or less efficient?

Ron: We can't process carbon dioxide either.

Laura: We just poof it out.

Laura: We can't.

Ron: Do you think from my tone right now that you've got the answer right, or do you want to have another bite of the cherry?

Laura: Probably not, because you're all shagged about because we don't know what to do with the alcohol.

Ron: We're not making alcohol, are we, in our bodies?

Ron: Because that was bacteria and yeast.

Ron: And I know you breathe in a lot of gaseous yeast, apparently, day to day, but no.

Laura: What was our one?

Ron: Glucose equals lactic acid.

Laura: Why is it less efficient?

Ron: Why is it less efficient?

Ron: Where's the energy stored in glucose?

Laura: Starch.

Ron: What?

Ron: Starch.

Laura: I feel like I'm f****** stuck in a box.

Laura: I can't get out because every way I try, you hate it again.

Ron: Don't.

Laura: Storage.

Ron: What is starch made out of?

Ron: Laura, Laura, Laura, Laura, Laura.

Laura: I feel like I'm going to get hit with a stick again.

Ron: Your little smooth brain toad.

Ron: What is starch made out of?

Laura: Glucose.

Ron: And what did I ask?

Ron: Where's the energy stored in glucose?

Laura: I don't know.

Ron: Where's the bonds?

Laura: The bonds?

Ron: Which bonds?

Ron: Which bonds?

Laura: The bonds.

Ron: Which bonds?

Laura: All of them.

Laura: I don't know.

Ron: Would I be asking which if it was all of them?

Laura: The carbon bonds?

Ron: Carbon to what?

Laura: The oxygen.

Laura: Hydrogen.

Ron: Hydrogen.

Ron: It's the ch bonds, isn't it?

Ron: Remember how fat is shut up.

Ron: Shut up.

Ron: Remember how fat is much more energy dense for us because there's so many more carbon to hydrogen bonds in it?

Laura: Yeah.

Ron: So in aerobic respiration, it makes CO2 and water, doesn't it?

Laura: Yeah.

Ron: Are there any carbon to hydrogen bonds in either of those two molecules?

Ron: No.

Ron: So we've broken all of those we've released all of the energy that we can from those molecules.

Ron: Are there any carbon to hydrogen bonds and lactic acid?

Ron: Yeah, there are.

Ron: So it's not as efficient because we've not broken all of those bonds and gotten all of the energy out of it.

Laura: Broken.

Ron: Oh, yeah.

Ron: F****** climb up on your little high pony because I misspoke once.

Ron: That's the end of the quiz.

Ron: I think out of all of that, I think you got a third of a mark.

Laura: Got sweat patches.

Ron: Good.

Ron: Work harder.

Laura: No, I can't look at all my lactic.

Laura: Sweat acid.

Ron: Not lactic acid.

Ron: That's not what sweat is.

Laura: I'll just end it now.

Laura: I'm not doing this anymore.

Laura: There we go.

Laura: That was an episode, wasn't it?

Ron: That was an episode.

Laura: By the end of tonight, I'll know what you've just listened to because I'll have edited it.

Laura: Think I did a fine job.

Laura: I also need to make a chocolate mousse tonight.

Ron: Why do you have to make a chocolate mousse?

Laura: I'm having the girls around for a dinner party tomorrow.

Ron: Why do they like chocolate?

Laura: What?

Laura: Why are you asking that question?

Ron: I was trying to make something out of the fact that moose is also.

Laura: An animal, but oh, I didn't get that.

Ron: No.

Ron: Kind of bailed on it before I'd even started.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: There's a premonition for your life.

Laura: Isn't it rude?

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: I like to be rude to you.

Laura: Oh, Megan wants to play minecraft tonight.

Laura: Ron can't.

Laura: He's playing d d ron.

Laura: People need to talk to us more.

Laura: The socials have been very quiet lately.

Ron: Discord's been popping off.

Laura: Has it?

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: Hang on, let me have a scroll.

Ron: Oh, we need to do titles from last week.

Laura: I'll put the titles there because Mystics.

Ron: Had a go at guessing.

Laura: What were mystics guesses.

Ron: Ichabod screw binin.

Ron: Which is one?

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: Ding.

Ron: MMM.

Ron: T******.

Ron: The study of under b***.

Ron: Westminster Cassabi.

Ron: I don't know what that means.

Laura: It was when I got Cathedral and Abbey squished into one word.

Ron: A creepy vegetable singing the log flume is open.

Laura: That's you talking about your methuselah juice.

Ron: Big fat ploppy rain.

Ron: General room lamp.

Ron: Will Duggan.

Ron: Wine, wine, wine.

Ron: Shut it, Laura.

Ron: B****.

Ron: Table dog intercourse.

Ron: Sick twisted p****.

Ron: Gobby, gobby, gob, gob, gob.

Ron: Bolga.

Laura: No, it was a science podcast from these titles.

Laura: Would you who.

Ron: Egg Millionaire.

Laura: You just never know it had anything.

Ron: To do with no, no, you wouldn't.

Ron: Mike had a go as well.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: What's Mike saying?

Ron: Mike said, I found food in my crotch.

Ron: It was a nut call your own s*** ichabod.

Laura: Which yes.

Laura: Ding.

Ron: The table f****** pushes back to and fro.

Ron: Stop and go.

Ron: The log flume is open.

Ron: You can just bung him in anything.

Ron: Hot hug in butter.

Laura: Ding.

Ron: Make it longer when it's raining.

Ron: A sick twisted p****.

Ron: Big fat garlic sausage.

Ron: It's her soppy lips you are enjoying.

Laura: It makes it sound like we make a really Pawny podcast.

Laura: Most of them have been guessed then.

Laura: The only ones that we put in the shortlist that didn't get guessed there were Isaacibod Newton and why would I know about a woman ichabod?

Laura: Scrubbing and call your own s*** ichabod and a hot hog in butter.

Laura: But we went with it came in three parts, like an ant.

Ron: There was chat about the lamp.

Ron: My lamp.

Laura: There was chat about the picture of your lamp.

Laura: Put a picture of your lamp on Instagram.

Ron: I'll send you a picture to post.

Laura: Just post it.

Laura: I don't ron, I do so much work for this podcast.

Ron: Look at me doing work right now.

Ron: I'm reading stuff out.

Laura: I know, because you're using your phone camera.

Laura: All I can see is you peering at me like an old man.

Ron: Jenny says you were wrong.

Ron: It wasn't me.

Ron: No, sorry.

Ron: There was Mystic First.

Ron: Actually, mystic said, you're wrong.

Ron: It wasn't mean girls.

Ron: It was ten things I hate about you.

Laura: Yes, and absolutely right.

Laura: Mystic is right.

Laura: 1000% right.

Laura: I know you can be whelmed and you can be underwhelmed, but can you ever just be whelmed?

Ron: People corrected me on when Isaac Newton was born, but I was honestly nonplussed.

Ron: And, yeah, that was about it.

Laura: Really.

Laura: Listen, guys, we think you're the best listeners in the world.

Laura: And hey, there isn't much to say in the intro and outro this week.

Laura: Join the bloody patreon.

Ron: Like these legends.

Laura: Sick of you not getting round to it.

Laura: Just sort your life out.

Laura: And that's the first thing you need to sort.

Laura: And then get tickets to the London Podcast Festival, even if you can't come.

Laura: Okay, do you know who has joined the patreon?

Laura: It's Chris.

Laura: Chris person.

Laura: Chris is an imposter into the family.

Laura: Perhaps they're a secret sibling or a spooky aunt uncle.

Laura: However, they are terrible at fraud, as they have spelt the second name wrong.

Laura: This joke doesn't really work for the listener, or Chris in particularly, but it's written down now.

Laura: Ron, what the f*** is that?

Ron: Well, because I read it as Chris Pearson.

Laura: Oh, we've never told people that.

Laura: That's our family name, though.

Ron: I told you it didn't really work.

Laura: Let's also give Chris a job of being the penguin keeper at the Lex Education Zoo.

Ron: All right.

Ron: And also a big thanks to Luann.

Ron: Luann is the Spanish teacher at Lex Education School producing the Sister podcast.

Ron: Lexo Educational where Lucy Porter's Spanish brother, Diego Porto teaches her espanol.

Laura: And also thank you to Tom Sargent, who invented the antiolive pop shield, which silences all chewing noises.

Laura: Ron has eaten 128 olives over the last three episodes and nobody knew.

Laura: Thank you, Tom.

Ron: Claust dismissed.

Laura: Snow.

Laura: Ron, say goodbye or something.

Ron: Goodbye, Tom.

Ron: claust dismissed.

Laura: Cluster Smith.

Laura: My turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment