Lexx Education - Episode Index

Episode 1 - Biology - A Lego Brick Full of Meccano                          Introduction to cells. Episode 2 - Chemistry - Bob Marley and th...

Monday 11 September 2023

Legs Longer Than the M5

Ron: Hello and welcome to the Comedy Science podcast, where me Ron teaches comedians relax science from the GCSE science syllabus with my normal me Ron and Laura.

Laura: Hello.

Laura: That's me.

Laura: Comedian sister Laura.

Ron: How's it going, Laura?

Laura: Oh, mate, it's very hot.

Laura: Are you sweaty or have you showered?

Ron: I have showered because I hadn't showered for three days before this.

Laura: Oh, because you've been on a boat with Agony dad.

Ron: I've been at sea for three days.

Laura: How was it?

Laura: Did you drink rum?

Ron: We didn't drink rum.

Ron: We were drinking gin.

Ron: That's my Achilles heel.

Laura: Gin.

Ron: Yeah.

Laura: Dad doesn't drink gin.

Ron: He does when he's hanging out with the boys.

Laura: Oh, yeah.

Laura: So it was you and the gentle twins?

Ron: Me and the gentle twins.

Ron: Agony dad.

Ron: One gentle twin really impressed him.

Ron: The other gentle twin, he was ruthlessly, mean to the whole oh, was it.

Laura: The one I'm mean to?

Speaker C: Yes.

Laura: Me and Agony dad have so much.

Ron: In common, such classic Agony dad quotes as, do you enjoy making things look that difficult?

Laura: Nice.

Ron: Yeah, there was lots of that sort of chat.

Laura: Oh, agony, dad.

Laura: Well, I'm glad you had a nice time.

Laura: You were sailing off the West Country over between in the Bristol Channel.

Ron: Yeah, we wanted to make it to Lundy Island, but sorry, I got hair.

Laura: Dad said you didn't get up early enough in the morning to do that.

Ron: No, that's not well, we'd have had to get up at, like, 05:00 a.m.

Ron: Or something.

Ron: So while technically true, not reasonably possible.

Ron: Yeah, we wanted to get to Lundy Island, but then that wasn't possible.

Ron: So then we went as far as Linmouth on the North Somerset coast, and then we went up and we stayed in Oxwich Bay on the Gower Peninsula in Wales, which was one of the most surreal experiences of my life, because dad, our dad, he's f****** been everywhere.

Ron: And he was like, oh, I've never been to the Gower Peninsula, like on the boat, so let's go there.

Ron: Me and the twins, we were like, oh, yeah, cool.

Ron: Basically.

Ron: Whatever you say, Howard.

Ron: You're sailing us around for the weekend.

Ron: And then we got to this bay that know, famously very nice.

Ron: And then we sailed in, we were.

Speaker C: Like, this looks familiar.

Ron: Oh, we've been here before.

Ron: It just happened to have gone camping in the area and been to that specific beach that we parked up at.

Laura: Oh, weird.

Ron: Yeah, it was very oh, fun.

Ron: How's your week been?

Laura: It was good.

Laura: I was also down in the West Country.

Ron: Yeah.

Laura: You were in Brighton.

Ron: I was in Brighton.

Ron: While you were in the West Country.

Ron: I stayed at a dog s*** hotel.

Ron: It was awful.

Laura: I told you I'd leave you a key and you could stay ours.

Ron: Yeah, but then I have to drag my a** out to the sticks.

Ron: Where you live?

Laura: What hotel did you stay at?

Ron: All right, whatever the opposite of here's a shout in a whisper in for Block 74 in Brighton.

Ron: It sucks.

Ron: Don't go.

Laura: I've never even heard of that.

Ron: Where is it?

Ron: I thought the event that I was going to was supposed to be in London, so I booked a hotel in London and then had to change last minute to Brighton.

Ron: So it was very hard to get a hotel within the policy amounts.

Ron: So it was like one of these self service jobs and you know when you stay in one of these places and they've spent far too much on interior design and not enough on the basics?

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: I think the Penta Hotel is like that.

Ron: I don't know that one.

Ron: But I walked in, I knew it'd be s*** because there were earplugs on the bedside table.

Ron: And then it wasn't a double bed, it was two single beds pushed up together.

Laura: Ate that.

Speaker C: Yeah.

Ron: So it kept rolling into the crack in the middle, black mould all over the ceiling of the bathroom.

Ron: And the reason for the earplugs?

Ron: Not even just like, guest noise, which, to be honest, because I sleep with headphones in anyway, listening to Complete Guide to Earphones.

Laura: How did you fit the earphones in with the headphones?

Ron: Well, here's the thing.

Ron: I didn't put the earplugs in, so I don't really mind guest noise, but it was because I was right next to the front door, so people were slamming the door, which, even with earplugs.

Laura: You can still feel the bed vibrations.

Ron: Oh, yeah.

Ron: And so it's like, okay, how about instead of spending probably a couple of hundred quid on a fancy fake plant wall, why don't you get one of those things that closes a door slowly that cost you 25 quid and you wouldn't have to buy earplugs for every person that stays in the place?

Speaker C: Baffling baffling.

Laura: Well, when the people in charge of that hotel hear this podcast and find out how miserable it is to stay there, they might make those changes.

Speaker C: Ron yeah, f****** hang your heads in.

Ron: Shame, you stupid idiots.

Laura: Wow.

Laura: Vicious.

Laura: Well, I hope you slept better on the boat.

Laura: Are you looking forward to a night in your own bed now?

Ron: I am.

Ron: I have one night in my own bed and then I have to go to Leeds and then I have to go to Manchester.

Laura: Goodness me.

Laura: You're jet setting international traveller.

Ron: Yeah, I'm very important man.

Laura: And then where are you going this weekend, Ron?

Ron: I'm going to London for the London Podcast festival.

Laura: Don't sound sad about it, sound happy about it.

Ron: I'm going to London for the London Podcast festival.

Laura: That's better, mate.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: Get your tickets, guys.

Laura: Is this thing on?

Laura: Get your f****** tickets.

Laura: Anyway, Ron, we should do an episode now.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: This always happens when we've not spoken in a little while.

Ron: We just have a catch up.

Laura: Yeah, I had pizza for dinner.

Laura: It was really nice.

Ron: This is a chicken donner and chips that I was snacking at the beginning because I've not eaten since about I had a pot noodle at about 01:00 p.m.

Ron: And I'm f****** starving.

Laura: CSD three update.

Laura: Ron.

Speaker C: Oh, yeah.

Laura: Yum.

Laura: Rank, 98.

Ron: I've got a screen now, so as.

Speaker C: Soon as my light isn't s***.

Speaker C: Yes.

Speaker C: Yum.

Ron: Rank 68.

Ron: One off.

Laura: 69 is 98.

Ron: 98.

Laura: F***, yeah.

Ron: Wow.

Laura: I'm on the last segment.

Laura: I've only got 30 levels to go.

Ron: Should I put you on some kind of watch for when you're done?

Laura: Oh, I thought for a second then you meant like a Mickey Mouse watch.

Laura: You know, his hands go round.

Laura: You're going to make a watch of me on the face?

Ron: No, I was making a joke about you ending it all because you finished this game.

Laura: No, when I finish this, I'm going to make you play minecraft again.

Ron: Yeah, I mean, I've got the screen now.

Laura: After the London Podcast Festival at 02:00 P.m next Saturday.

Ron: Get your tickets, please buy tickets.

Ron: No, after I go to watch the rugby in France at the end of this month, I actually have no plans to go away for a while, so I plan to spend a lot of time playing video games.

Laura: Wicked.

Laura: I'll be there.

Laura: But for now, listeners, here's your favourite hobby, science.

Ron: Cy.

Laura: Okay.

Laura: I've got so much toothpaste on my T shirt.

Speaker C: Oh, yeah.

Laura: I'm determined to have a cheerful episode because I'm currently editing an episode that is just I think it's last week's episode.

Laura: It's just the bleakest thing I've listened to in ages.

Laura: I'm just sad.

Speaker C: We just scrapping the whole time.

Laura: No, it's just the momentum.

Laura: Maths.

Laura: Maths momentum.

Laura: And it's just sad and sad and you're cranky and I can't do it and you're not kind about that.

Laura: It's just not fun.

Speaker C: To be fair, sometimes it's just like, Come on, man, just do it.

Laura: I was trying, though, but it was like anyway, I don't want to talk about it again because I'm still editing it.

Laura: I've just been through it.

Laura: It's horrible.

Laura: So let's talk about something exciting.

Speaker C: Well, they were recording this right after we've just recorded the Patreon Books episode.

Laura: Yeah, that was nice.

Laura: That was lovely.

Laura: Like sitting in a delicious meadow eating brownies.

Speaker C: I should explain to the listeners that aren't Patreon listeners, then I've just gone back from a festival, which is why my voice is like this.

Laura: Yeah, he's not sick, so don't give him sympathy.

Laura: He's just been shouting in a field.

Speaker C: Why are you so cross about it?

Laura: Because you're not very professional for our podcast.

Speaker C: Neither are you.

Laura: No, I don't have to be.

Laura: I'm not the teacher.

Laura: Sound like a stuck elephant.

Speaker C: What are you typing?

Laura: Deleting.

Speaker C: So it's biology today?

Laura: Laura yes.

Laura: That's our best chance of it being nice.

Speaker C: Can you remember what we've been covering in biology recently?

Laura: What?

Speaker C: Can you remember what we've been covering in biology recently?

Laura: Aerobic and anaerobic respiration.

Speaker C: Indeed.

Speaker C: Yeah.

Speaker C: So there's two sections to get through they're kind of finishing off that.

Speaker C: And then we're starting a new section, which you're either going to find really fiddly and annoying or you're going to love.

Laura: I'm going to choose to love it.

Laura: I choose love on everything today.

Speaker C: Cool.

Laura: Choose love.

Laura: Now that you choose love, what are we gonna podcast about?

Laura: Still science, but loving.

Speaker C: So we're gonna do 4.4.2 .12.

Speaker C: I don't know why that makes you so.

Laura: Tedious.

Laura: It's just like, who do you think's out there wishing that there was a podcast where a little boy with no voice reads numbers?

Laura: Nobody's looking for that niche.

Speaker C: There's the section that we're in.

Speaker C: I'm not.

Laura: Just doesn't matter, though.

Laura: Nobody's reading along with the syllabus at home.

Speaker C: What if they were?

Laura: They aren't.

Speaker C: Ron 4.4.2 .2.

Speaker C: Response to exercise.

Laura: Response to exercise?

Speaker C: Yeah.

Laura: Sadness.

Speaker C: So what happens when you exercise, Laura?

Laura: You get sweaty.

Laura: You get skinny, you get tired.

Laura: Your knees hurt, people stare at you.

Speaker C: Sweaty.

Speaker C: I'll take right down.

Speaker C: Sweaty.

Laura: Okay.

Laura: Sweaty, sweaty boy.

Laura: Sweaty, sweaty boy.

Speaker C: Okay, what else happens?

Laura: I listed f****** loads of them, Ron.

Speaker C: Yeah, but think about it from, like, a 4.4.2 .2 biology kind of way.

Laura: I did.

Laura: Stop punching your microphone.

Laura: Aye.

Speaker C: No, you didn't.

Laura: Think some more burn energy.

Laura: Told you.

Laura: Get skinny.

Speaker C: Yeah.

Speaker C: What else happens?

Laura: Let's just deal with the ones I've already listed.

Speaker C: No, because it's not part of it.

Laura: Okay, will you say some, then?

Speaker C: No.

Speaker C: You're the student.

Laura: Yeah, and I said loads of options.

Laura: If you don't want to discuss them, come up with your own.

Speaker C: I'm not coming up with any of it.

Speaker C: I've got the f****** syllabus.

Speaker C: Your baggage.

Laura: Okay.

Laura: Guide me, then, as a teacher.

Laura: What do you want me to say?

Speaker C: You're on a treadmill.

Speaker C: What's happening to your body?

Speaker C: You're running.

Speaker C: You're sweating.

Speaker C: Yes.

Speaker C: That's one reaction that your body's having.

Laura: Yeah.

Speaker C: What else is happening?

Laura: Getting tired.

Laura: Said that?

Speaker C: Yes.

Speaker C: Probably not looking for that.

Speaker C: Then get up and do a bunch of star chops.

Laura: B**** are juggling.

Laura: Your b**** are everywhere and you're wishing you'd bought a better sports bra, but every time you look at them, they're expensive and you think, I don't really want to spend 18 pounds on a gross bit of foam.

Laura: But then when you start doing your star jumps, you think, I should have, I should have.

Speaker C: That's okay, that's something.

Speaker C: What else happens?

Laura: Your muscles hurt.

Speaker C: Can you think of what happens to your heart?

Laura: It beats faster.

Speaker C: Yeah.

Speaker C: Your heartbeat is going to increase.

Laura: Okay.

Laura: Heart beats faster.

Laura: Oh, you breathe faster.

Speaker C: Yes.

Speaker C: Breathing rate increases.

Speaker C: What else happens with your breathing?

Laura: Gets shallower.

Speaker C: Does it?

Laura: Yes.

Speaker C: Does it?

Laura: Yeah.

Speaker C: Panting that's not what happens when you exercise.

Laura: Yes, it is.

Laura: You're like, F*** are you talking about?

Speaker C: I know you're not.

Laura: Yes, you are.

Laura: That's what people running do.

Speaker C: They don't hyperventilate.

Laura: Didn't say hyperventilate.

Laura: I said you breathe shallower when you've been exercising.

Speaker C: That's f****** ludicrous.

Laura: No, it isn't.

Laura: What are you talking about?

Laura: You're not doing deep yogic breathing, not when you're running.

Speaker C: Yes, you are.

Laura: No, you're not.

Laura: That is a bad, wild idea.

Laura: Just who's running like that?

Laura: Nobody.

Laura: Everyone action film where the guy turns up like, hey, listen, over on I've got some news.

Laura: They're out of breath because they've been panting.

Laura: Look at a dog once in a while.

Laura: Ron.

Speaker C: They'Re panting dog because dogs don't sweat.

Speaker C: So they pan.

Laura: Yeah, so do people.

Speaker C: They don't pan.

Laura: They don't breathe deeply when they're running.

Laura: That is the psychoan thing you've ever said.

Speaker C: It literally says in the syllabus.

Laura: Well, then they are fantasists.

Laura: Go and watch a treadmill for a while.

Laura: Maybe one person like sting is there doing tantric breathing while he's running.

Laura: The rest of us are like, bleeding away.

Speaker C: Hyperventilating.

Laura: Not hyperventilating.

Laura: Stop changing it to hyperventilating.

Laura: I said shallower breathing.

Speaker C: But that's not the case.

Laura: It is the case.

Laura: It is the case.

Laura: This is so stupid.

Speaker C: Of course you breathe deeper.

Speaker C: Why would you dream shallower?

Laura: Because you're out of breath, Ron.

Laura: Because you're running.

Speaker C: This might be why you're not like a long distance runner.

Speaker C: Because you viewed apparently doing it quite severely rock.

Laura: You can't breathe deeply while running.

Speaker C: I do when I'm on the treadmill.

Laura: You physically can't.

Laura: You can't.

Speaker C: Yes, I can.

Laura: Everyone can.

Speaker C: This is fundamental.

Speaker C: This isn't the GCs.

Laura: No, that's nonsense.

Laura: You go knock.

Speaker C: Look at what you're just doing.

Speaker C: Slow breaths.

Laura: There that's deep breaths.

Speaker C: You can do deep breaths quickly.

Laura: No, you can't, because you can't fill deeply quickly.

Laura: You can only go halfway.

Speaker C: What's wrong with your lungs, mate?

Laura: They're busy when I'm running.

Speaker C: Can you just accept that your breath volume increases, though?

Laura: I don't know what that means, but I will not say that it's not shallower breathing.

Speaker C: What do you mean you don't know what that means?

Laura: Breath volume increases.

Laura: Maybe your lungs get bigger or something.

Laura: Fine.

Laura: Whatever the science says.

Laura: Blood vessels expand.

Speaker C: You're sucking in more air and breathing out more air.

Laura: Maybe because you're taking more breaths.

Speaker C: No, your breath volume the breaths get bigger.

Laura: No, I won't have that.

Laura: I reckon maybe you take in more air because you're breathing quicker, but each breath is not bigger.

Speaker C: This is one of the most psychotic things you've ever said.

Laura: I feel like you are gaslighting me right now.

Laura: Because the idea that everybody else is just yogic breathing when running no, explain.

Speaker C: Change it.

Speaker C: Nobody said yogic breathing.

Laura: This is a mad discussion.

Laura: I won't have it.

Laura: We can do all the other stuff.

Laura: I'm just I'll lose the mark on that.

Laura: I will not accept that.

Speaker C: So what was so heart rate, breathing rate and breath volume all increasing.

Speaker C: What is your body reacting to?

Speaker C: Why is it doing those things?

Laura: Because otherwise you fall off the treadmill, Ron.

Laura: Be happy.

Speaker C: What's your body reacting to?

Laura: The running.

Speaker C: You're being quite cantankerous.

Laura: What's the question?

Laura: What's your body reacting to?

Laura: Phrase the question better, mate.

Laura: I don't know what you're asking.

Speaker C: You're being quite cantankerous and you are.

Laura: Being a really weird little guy.

Speaker C: Why don't you pull the thread a little bit more?

Speaker C: What does exercising do to your body?

Speaker C: Why?

Speaker C: Let's take it one at a time.

Speaker C: Why is your heart beating more?

Laura: Oh, because you got to pump more blood round.

Speaker C: Why?

Speaker C: What's in the blood?

Laura: Oxygen.

Speaker C: Yeah, absolutely.

Speaker C: Why are we breathing more?

Laura: To get more oxygen in.

Speaker C: Yeah.

Speaker C: Why are we taking bigger breaths?

Laura: We're not tricko.

Speaker C: We are.

Laura: We're not.

Laura: We're taking more smaller breaths.

Laura: Where's the oxygen gone into respiration.

Speaker C: Yeah, because our muscles are working overtime.

Speaker C: Because we're running on the treadmill.

Speaker C: We're taking big, deep, luxurious winding me.

Laura: Up if you want me to listen, because this is bollocks.

Laura: We're taking in more oxygen.

Laura: I will take that.

Speaker C: What happens if we run out of oxygen?

Laura: We die.

Speaker C: Immediately.

Laura: Some people, yeah.

Laura: That's why you have to put that little clip on you on the treadmill, so that if you fall and it pulls the clip out and then the treadmill stops, your corpse doesn't get splattered.

Speaker C: Across the I never put those on.

Laura: Well, I don't want you to die, but if you do, I hope it's on a treadmill.

Laura: So it's funny for everyone around you.

Laura: What's the question?

Laura: I'm sorry, Rod.

Speaker C: What happens if we run out of oxygen?

Laura: Anaerobic respiration.

Speaker C: Absolutely.

Speaker C: And what's the product of anaerobic respiration?

Laura: Lactic acid.

Speaker C: Absolutely.

Speaker C: So respiration is essentially an oxidation reaction of glucose.

Laura: Like rust.

Speaker C: Yeah.

Speaker C: Lactic acid or oh, my God, it's muscle rust.

Speaker C: Well, it's rusty sugar.

Laura: Rusty Sugar.

Laura: Oh, that sounds like a character, doesn't it?

Laura: Rusty Sugar came into my office.

Laura: She had legs longer than the M Five.

Speaker C: Hello there, kids.

Speaker C: Oh, I would thought he was more of a kind of like a guy with a twinkle in his eye who sits on a sits by a crick on the bayou.

Speaker C: My name's Rusty Sugar.

Laura: Let's both write Rusty Sugar books.

Laura: And mine.

Speaker C: She's a 100 patrons Rusty Sugar Book Off.

Laura: I thought we already had 100 patron thing.

Laura: We're doing two episodes at 100 patrons.

Laura: 101 patrons.

Laura: We'll do a rusty sugar book off.

Speaker C: Yeah, but no, we'll still have to do, like, an episode.

Laura: No.

Laura: Why not?

Laura: Why not?

Laura: We've already promised them something.

Laura: King of promises.

Speaker C: Yeah, we're too rotten.

Speaker C: Rusty Sugar.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: Mine's going to be a femme fatal.

Laura: She sings at the cabaret bar, but she's an indentured servant and so she has to mop the floors at night and then she sees a murder.

Speaker C: Mine's going to be about Rusty sitting on the porch next to the crick.

Speaker C: Every day someone walks past and talks to him, but something's not quite right.

Speaker C: I think maybe like a judge in the town has been accused of something.

Laura: Like Frollo in Quasimodo.

Laura: I'm picturing you happening in The Rescuers by you, by the way.

Speaker C: The stories told through conversations with Rusty sugar as you're walking in.

Laura: Don't write it like Cormac McCarthy, though.

Laura: Put punctuation in.

Speaker C: No.

Laura: Yes, I can already see where you're going.

Speaker C: Respiration is effectively an oxidation reaction of glucose.

Laura: Okay.

Laura: Okay.

Speaker C: So you can think of lactic acid production as being incomplete oxidation.

Speaker C: So to get rid of it, we then need to fully oxidise it.

Speaker C: This creates what's called an oxygen debt.

Speaker C: So when you're still breathing in loads, after you've done some running and stuff, that's because you're catching up on the oxygen that you've foregone.

Laura: Gosh.

Laura: And that has an effect on inflation, doesn't it?

Laura: The debt?

Speaker C: You're not writing anything down.

Laura: No.

Laura: We've been talking about the bayou.

Laura: What was I supposed to write down there?

Speaker C: Yeah.

Speaker C: Probably nothing.

Laura: Conservation debt.

Laura: Was that it?

Laura: I'll write that down.

Speaker C: Do you happen to know where I.

Laura: Feel sorry for the word debt because the T is so out on its own, deb it's all nice and like a parallelogram thing, but then the T is just there.

Laura: Don't like it.

Speaker C: One of the people I was with at this festival, they were just like, linguistics expert.

Speaker C: Had some really fascinating conversations with them about it.

Speaker C: And there being a b in the word debt is apparently because of when the Enlightenment happened and they all got obsessed with Greek and Rome and s*** from back in the day.

Speaker C: They just inserted these random letters in because it's something to do with the Latin or the Greek or something, and they brought it back to the root word or something because they'd have a beat, and before that, it doesn't have didn't have a b.

Speaker C: Same with the s instead of a z.

Speaker C: For a lot of stuff we think of as an Americanism, but it's actually we, the English language, decided to put those in rather than Americans changing it.

Laura: I think I knew that from the Etymologicon.

Laura: That's a good book.

Laura: Let's get your linguistics friend on the podcast.

Speaker C: I actually don't know them very well.

Speaker C: I don't know how they were part of the group, but they were, and they were very, very nice.

Laura: Track them down.

Speaker C: It shouldn't be too hard.

Speaker C: They have quite a unique name.

Laura: Well, I look forward to hearing back next week or maybe even in the outro.

Laura: Ron made a little hammer out of the lid of my flask and a pen.

Laura: It's very nice.

Speaker C: Do you know where lactic acid is dealt with?

Laura: In your stomach?

Speaker C: No.

Speaker C: Why would that be the case?

Laura: Just thought it was.

Speaker C: No, that's not where it is.

Laura: In your gallbladder?

Speaker C: No, that's not what the gallbladder is for.

Laura: Do you know what the gallbladder is for, Weing?

Speaker C: No, it's not.

Laura: Well, bravery.

Speaker C: It's not dealt within the kidneys.

Speaker C: Do you know what your kidneys are for?

Laura: No.

Laura: Blood.

Speaker C: Do you really not know what your kidneys are for?

Laura: Weing.

Speaker C: They do make p***.

Speaker C: You must remember the nephron.

Laura: The nephron.

Laura: Is that in the kidneys?

Speaker C: Yeah.

Laura: I love the nephron.

Laura: Yeah, nephron and the moon.

Laura: Top two things about this podcast.

Speaker C: Kidneys do make p***.

Speaker C: But p*** is a byproduct of cleaning the blood.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: Nothing quite like it for cleaning the blood.

Laura: So follow me.

Laura: Follow it's just kind of occurred to me nephron.

Speaker C: It's just kind of occurred to me that that means that there's just quite a lot of p*** in your blood.

Laura: Well, not p***.

Laura: It's undiluted p***, isn't it?

Speaker C: Well, there's p*** in the blood that this thing ain't filtered out.

Laura: No, I think whatever's in the blood gets taken up mixed with water to make p***.

Speaker C: No.

Laura: Yeah.

Speaker C: It's not what happens.

Laura: It is.

Laura: Because of a solution gradient.

Laura: Remember, it goes into the water in the nephron because of the concentration gradient.

Speaker C: Yeah, but the water comes out of your blood.

Laura: No, it doesn't come out of your blood.

Laura: The growth comes out of your blood.

Speaker C: Yes.

Speaker C: Water comes out of your blood as well.

Laura: No.

Speaker C: Yes, it does.

Laura: Nephron.

Speaker C: Where does it come from in the.

Laura: Nephron it's pumped around from.

Laura: That's why you have to drink water all the time.

Speaker C: Why are you arguing?

Speaker C: You don't know anything.

Laura: I do.

Laura: That's why if you don't drink very.

Speaker C: Much, it's laura, I am telling you.

Laura: I'm telling you.

Laura: You have been wrong about loads this episode.

Speaker C: No, I haven't.

Laura: Yes, you have.

Speaker C: Like what?

Laura: You deep breathing nephron just because you.

Speaker C: Like whenever you exercise, you're like a f****** kid running around in the sun.

Speaker C: Can't drink water out of a bottle.

Speaker C: Breathe in a weird.

Speaker C: Other people actually just exercise, right?

Speaker C: No, it's still within the liver.

Laura: What is?

Speaker C: Lactic acid.

Laura: Oh.

Speaker C: Your liver is a wonderful thing.

Laura: Many wonderful things.

Speaker C: Do you know what the liver does with lactic acid?

Laura: Processes it back into glucose.

Speaker C: It does what?

Laura: Yeah, cereal.

Speaker C: 100%.

Speaker C: No tricker.

Speaker C: Yeah, that's what it does.

Laura: End the episode.

Laura: Now, I'm the smartest kid in class that way.

Laura: Some people think liver is delicious, don't they?

Laura: I don't.

Speaker C: I like awful in things like haggis and stuff, but I'm not a big fan of just biting into a bit of kidney.

Laura: Yeah, so that's getting hungry.

Laura: Are you hungry?

Laura: Kind of hungry.

Speaker C: I ate a whole loaf of bread yesterday.

Laura: You're just cuddling it and pulling the middle out.

Laura: Used to like doing that in the supermarket.

Laura: You'd break the end off a baguette and then just hollow it out.

Speaker C: Yeah, I just ate it dry.

Speaker C: Ripped off hunks.

Laura: Ripped off Hunks is a chippendale tribute by Hunks.

Speaker C: Although me and my friend Che, the other gentle twin, he and I, I think, have nailed festy food because you want it to be tasty.

Speaker C: I like it to be savoury, but I can never be faffing eating stuff up.

Speaker C: A lot of tin food is really quite bleak when you just eat it cold out of a tin, but not tapas.

Speaker C: So we add small plates.

Laura: Why don't you just go to one of the trucks and get food just.

Speaker C: To save a bit of money.

Speaker C: You don't want to do that every meal.

Laura: Oh, okay.

Laura: I've never stayed at a festival for more than about 24 hours.

Speaker C: Yeah.

Speaker C: So we had, like, stuffed fine leaves out of the tin because you want to eat those at, like, room temperature.

Speaker C: So it was perfect.

Laura: Ron, you're the smartest boy I've ever heard about.

Speaker C: Yeah, all right, so that was 4.4.2 .2.

Speaker C: Now we're moving on to 4.4.2 .3, which is metabolism.

Speaker C: Uhoh what didn't you tell me about metabolism?

Laura: It is about how fast you process sugar, isn't it?

Speaker C: Kind of.

Speaker C: That's kind of like how it's talked about, but that's not what it is.

Speaker C: People say fast metabolism or slow metabolism.

Laura: If I was on Qi, it'd be like, if you've got a fast metabolism, you're skinny f*** you, Alan Davis.

Speaker C: Yeah.

Speaker C: So your metabolism is just the summation of all of the reactions happening in a cell or in a body.

Speaker C: It refers to everything.

Laura: What do you mean, everything?

Laura: What?

Speaker C: It's the sum of all of the reactions in a cell or body.

Laura: What reaction?

Speaker C: What do you mean, what reactions?

Speaker C: All of the reactions that are going on.

Laura: Like what?

Laura: Apart from lactic acid.

Laura: Like what?

Speaker C: Name a thing that happens in a cell.

Laura: Respiration?

Speaker C: Yeah.

Speaker C: That's a reaction?

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: What other ones?

Speaker C: Name something else that happens in a cell.

Laura: Cell wall.

Speaker C: Is that a thing that happens or is that a cell wall?

Laura: I don't think anything else happens in them.

Laura: Flagellum again.

Speaker C: That's a thing.

Speaker C: Mitochondria, you're listing things, not reactions.

Laura: Photosynthesis.

Speaker C: That's a reaction.

Laura: What else happens in a human cell?

Speaker C: Can I ask you something?

Laura: Not if it's rude.

Speaker C: Okay, I won't, then.

Laura: What else happens in a human cell apart from respiration?

Speaker C: You tell me.

Laura: I don't know, Ron.

Laura: That's why I'm asking you.

Speaker C: Think back to something that's in a cell.

Laura: I just f****** listed loads of them, and you stared at me like I'd just come out from under a rock with my t*** in a clamp.

Speaker C: What's in the nucleus.

Laura: In a cell is the brain.

Laura: I don't know what's in there, but it's like the brain, isn't it?

Laura: Wait, no, I do know what's in there.

Laura: It's an envelope and it's got the DNA in it.

Speaker C: Very good.

Speaker C: What's DNA for.

Laura: Who you are.

Laura: I don't actually know what DNA is for.

Speaker C: Simba.

Speaker C: Oh, my God.

Speaker C: You don't know what DNA is for?

Laura: No.

Laura: You never wanted juicing?

Laura: No.

Speaker C: It codes for proteins.

Speaker C: Proteins are in cells.

Laura: Oh, yeah.

Laura: ATP?

Speaker C: Yeah.

Laura: Okay.

Laura: How efficient your cells are is your metabolism?

Speaker C: No, it's got nothing to do with efficiency.

Laura: How fast they are?

Speaker C: No, it's nothing to do with how fast it is.

Laura: What is it?

Speaker C: When we started talking about this, that's kind of how it's modernly spoken about, but it's not that.

Speaker C: It's the sum of all of the reactions happening in a cellular body.

Speaker C: But let me finish my point with the DNA.

Speaker C: So DNA codes for proteins.

Speaker C: What do you think?

Speaker C: Like, protein synthesis, that's a reaction.

Speaker C: DNA synthesis, that's a reaction.

Speaker C: Breaking all of these things down.

Speaker C: Reactions making of a cell wall, reaction making of a fluid mosaic.

Speaker C: A reaction.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: I've just forgotten that all those things are happening, that's all.

Speaker C: What goes on in a cell apart from the lactic acid, is one of the daftest things that you've said on this podcast.

Speaker C: They're just empty buckets of lactic acid.

Laura: I think they were empty buckets.

Laura: I just couldn't remember.

Laura: Where are you going?

Speaker C: I need to charge my phone.

Laura: Not now, you don't.

Speaker C: I do.

Laura: Why?

Speaker C: Because I'm using my phone.

Laura: What does the sentence, the sum of all the reactions happening in your body mean?

Speaker C: I don't understand.

Speaker C: It's just the metabolism is all of the reactions that go on.

Laura: So it isn't really anything?

Laura: No, it's everything, but it doesn't mean anything.

Speaker C: What are you talking about?

Laura: But if it's not, like, how efficient it is or how fast it is, it's just that they're happening.

Laura: Why do you call all the reactions a metabolism?

Laura: Why does it need a name for all of them happening?

Laura: What does that mean?

Laura: Do you know what I mean?

Speaker C: Why does anything need a name?

Laura: Because why would you be referring to all of your reactions happening at once?

Speaker C: You're not often talking about all of them at once, but the metabolism just describes all of the reactions in a body.

Speaker C: For example, you could describe metabolic processes, and then those metabolic processes are different to other processes.

Laura: I don't really like that as much as what I thought it was before.

Laura: Like saying someone's an Olympic athlete and you're, like, f****** tells me nothing about them, mate.

Laura: Are you running or throwing a shot put?

Laura: No idea.

Laura: You know, it's very vague.

Speaker C: No, this is such a departure from normal thinking.

Laura: Sure, I find that's what your metabolism is.

Laura: It's just your body cracking on, but I don't really I don't know.

Speaker C: You're really embodying Jez from Peep Show quite a lot today.

Laura: That's not kind.

Laura: He's the thick one.

Speaker C: Yeah, you are the thick one.

Laura: I can't believe you don't know what I mean.

Laura: It just doesn't this is so broad.

Speaker C: Do you know what an ecosystem is?

Laura: Yeah.

Speaker C: That just describes all the things that live in a place.

Speaker C: Why would we want to name that?

Speaker C: Or, like, a population that's just all the people that are in a place.

Speaker C: Why?

Speaker C: Why would we ever be talking about all of them?

Laura: That makes sense.

Laura: Because you can say a population is 90 or population's 20,000, and then you can go, oh, that's bigger, or smaller.

Laura: But metabolism just is just them happening.

Laura: Metabolism isn't like the word population.

Laura: It's like the word people.

Speaker C: Why?

Laura: Because it's not a measure of anything.

Speaker C: Why isn't it?

Laura: Because it isn't.

Laura: You just said it wasn't.

Laura: I said it's how efficient they are or how fast they.

Laura: Are or whatnot?

Laura: And you said, no, it's just but.

Speaker C: You can have a fast metabolism or an efficient metabolism, but the metabolism just it's not a description of that.

Laura: Sure, all right.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: I just sad about it.

Laura: I liked it better before.

Laura: I'm hungry.

Laura: My gel pens smell all fruity and Tom's been to Sainsbury's while we've been recording this and I know there's going to be delicious treats in the fridge when I go downstairs.

Speaker C: I'm hungry, too.

Laura: I really like your ceiling rose, Ron.

Laura: It's a lovely period feature.

Speaker C: Thank you very much.

Speaker C: Energy transferred by respiration in cells is used by the organism for the continual enzyme controlled processes of metabolism that synthesise new molecules.

Laura: I wasn't listening because I was thinking about the lawn mower in the background.

Laura: Can you say that again so that I can understand it?

Laura: The sun keeps going in and out in your room and you are flicking in and out in lightness.

Laura: It's weird.

Laura: What did you say?

Laura: Sun processes the flowers molecules.

Laura: Hmm?

Speaker C: No, I didn't say that.

Speaker C: The energy so the energy that we get from respiration, essentially what it's saying is that this is used for continual enzyme controlled processes of metabolism.

Speaker C: That synthesise new molecules.

Laura: Wait, slow down there.

Laura: Is used for enzyme metabolisms.

Laura: What?

Speaker C: Not enzyme metabolisms?

Speaker C: Enzyme controlled processes of the metabolism.

Laura: Enzyme controlled processes of metabolism that synthesise new molecules.

Laura: Oh, my God.

Laura: What is this jargon?

Laura: Enzyme controlled processes of metabolism.

Speaker C: Yeah.

Laura: Jebus.

Laura: That synthesise new processes synthesise what?

Laura: Why are you new molecules.

Speaker C: New molecules.

Speaker C: Yeah.

Speaker C: Why are you reacting to this?

Speaker C: Like, I've just shown you a new book of the Bible and your face is melting off because these are all words, you know.

Speaker C: These are all words, you know, but.

Laura: You just spun them out super quickly and I just needed to process what they meant.

Speaker C: Yeah, because I'm a top f****** lad.

Laura: You're not.

Laura: You're just reading out of a book doesn't mean you know it according to you.

Speaker C: I do know it.

Speaker C: That's the difference between you and I, my fine feathered friend.

Speaker C: So break that down for me.

Speaker C: What does that mean?

Laura: No idea, Ronnie.

Speaker C: That's why I'm saying break it down.

Laura: What's food for if you get your energy from respiration?

Speaker C: What's food for what do you need for respiration, mate?

Laura: Oxygen and glucose.

Laura: Yeah, got you.

Laura: Okay, so you have to breathe and eat.

Laura: Okay?

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: The energy from respiration is used to.

Speaker C: Think that that was cruel to Jez from Beep show to be I've always.

Laura: Felt more of a superhuns.

Laura: Is used for enzyme controlled processes that synthesise new molecules.

Laura: So you use enzymes to do stuff and make new molecules.

Laura: Like, maybe you need hydrogen for stuff, so you break it down with enzymes.

Speaker C: So very rarely yeah, I mean, yeah, you wouldn't you very wouldn't necessarily be hydrogen for that sort of thing, so yeah, you're always breaking stuff down.

Speaker C: Can you remember what the building blocks of different things are called.

Laura: Monomers.

Speaker C: So usually you're working with small building blocks like that, rather than tiny little atoms like a hydrogen atom.

Speaker C: Because if you cast your mind back, hydrogen atoms are just a proton on their own, so they are infinitesimally small on the scale of a cell.

Speaker C: So you tend to deal with bigger stuff.

Speaker C: But yeah, effectively.

Speaker C: Any other part of that tripping you up at all?

Laura: No.

Speaker C: So.

Laura: Some glucose, when we finish doing this, I hope, comes Bolt boosts.

Speaker C: It lists off a couple of reactions that are part of the metabolism.

Speaker C: Some of them that we've covered before, some of them that we have not covered before.

Laura: OOH.

Speaker C: New ground conversion of glucose to starch, glycogen and cellulose.

Speaker C: Okay, write that down.

Laura: Beep boop.

Laura: Beep beep beep beep.

Laura: Glucose to what?

Speaker C: Starch glycogen and cellulose glycogen.

Speaker C: Glycogen.

Laura: That sounds like a sort of spa that they'd go to in Real Housewives of Salt Lake City.

Speaker C: I'm just going to double cheque this, but I'm pretty sure glycogen is basically like our version, like animals version of starch.

Speaker C: So it's another polymer made out of sugars.

Speaker C: I think it's just not quite as dense as starch.

Speaker C: So it's more of a kind of medium term storage.

Speaker C: Rather.

Speaker C: We're not saving it for winter, we're saving it for the next time that we exercise effectively, if you know what I mean.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: Okay.

Speaker C: And then you know what cellulose is, obviously.

Laura: Yes.

Laura: It's plant sugar.

Speaker C: What does that mean?

Laura: Like the sugar that plants need to make cells.

Laura: Cell wall cellulose.

Speaker C: You're saying a lot of things.

Speaker C: What do you think it is?

Laura: That is it.

Laura: That's what I think it is.

Speaker C: But Deborah, just say it in a sentence, not a high comment.

Laura: That was a sentence.

Speaker C: No, it wasn't.

Laura: Yes, it was.

Speaker C: No, you said it's the sugar that plants need cell wall cellulose.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: It's the sugar that plants need to make cell walls.

Speaker C: Yeah.

Speaker C: So it's not a sugar, it's a polymer made up of glucose.

Laura: But yes, that is a sugar.

Speaker C: Not when it's a starch isn't a sugar.

Speaker C: Starch is made of sugar.

Laura: Same thing.

Speaker C: F****** almighty.

Speaker C: The formation of lipid molecules from a molecule of glycerol and three molecules he.

Laura: Was absolutely lipid of fatty acids.

Laura: I wrote down lipid molecules.

Laura: What else did you say there?

Speaker C: From a molecule of glycerol and three molecules of fatty acids.

Laura: Fatty acids.

Laura: Fatty be fatty acid.

Speaker C: The use of glucose and nitrate ions to form amino acids, which in turn are used to synthesise proteins.

Laura: You love amino acid.

Speaker C: Somewhat.

Laura: Glucose and nitrates.

Laura: Did you say that was nitrate ions?

Laura: Yes, nitrates ions.

Laura: They have a charge to make amino acids, which in turn makes everyone's favourite chicken sound effect proteins.

Laura: It's a you edit, so I thought I'd just do that for you, Ron.

Speaker C: Yeah.

Speaker C: I won't do it respiration.

Laura: No, that one.

Laura: Don't we, buddy?

Speaker C: Yeah.

Speaker C: What's that one?

Speaker C: Tell us about it.

Speaker C: Rattle it off.

Laura: Oxygen in equals glucose and carbon dioxide.

Laura: Please.

Laura: I did think hard.

Speaker C: Does that make any sense?

Laura: Yes.

Speaker C: We breathe in oxygen and we make sugar and carbon dioxide out of it.

Laura: Yes.

Laura: No, we take in sugar and oxygen and then we breathe out carbon dioxide and water.

Laura: Yeah, sorry, I just misspoke.

Speaker C: But you did think.

Laura: We could make glucose inside ourselves.

Speaker C: How?

Laura: Drinking water and eating carbon and breathing in.

Laura: And those are the constituent parts of glucose.

Laura: We could put those together and make glucose.

Speaker C: Well, we don't really have the processes for that.

Laura: We don't have how's glucose made.

Speaker C: Ron how's glucose made.

Laura: We don't have the processes, but from a formulaic point.

Speaker C: Of view, we could but what are we missing?

Speaker C: How's glucose made.

Laura: Fermentation, is it?

Laura: No, it's what's the one photosynthesis.

Ron: Yeah.

Speaker C: So you need that energy from the sun, because obviously glucose is a high energy molecule.

Laura: Sugar.

Laura: But agree with me for a second that from a formulaic perspective, we could.

Speaker C: You'Re saying formulaic like it kind of.

Laura: Written down, like when you say, look at the constituent parts and work it out.

Laura: That could balance.

Speaker C: Yes, thank you.

Speaker C: We intake hydrogen, oxygen and carbon.

Laura: Thank you.

Speaker C: And then the last one, breakdown of excess proteins to form urea for excretion.

Speaker C: How do we get rid of urea?

Speaker C: P*** it in urine.

Laura: Break down crumpets.

Speaker C: Got no oles in it.

Laura: Well, turn it over.

Laura: Break down proteins to make urea.

Speaker C: Excess proteins.

Speaker C: Yeah.

Laura: Okay.

Laura: And that metabolism had a lovely day.

Laura: I'm so glad I was a beacon of positivity for the entire lesson.

Speaker C: Yeah, that was a nice one.

Speaker C: I suppose we probably don't want to get we'll save Homeostasis for the next episode, I reckon.

Speaker C: Then we can dive into a fresh 4.5.

Laura: Was that the precursor to Neanderthal homeostasis?

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: No, weren't they didn't they go up against directors?

Laura: Homeostasis just stayed still.

Speaker C: No, they're a band from Manchester that went up against Homeo.

Speaker C: Blur.

Laura: I don't get that one.

Speaker C: Don't worry about it.

Laura: Okay.

Laura: I hope everybody I am laughed.

Laura: I couldn't provide the Inch studio laugh.

Laura: Ha.

Laura: Wicked.

Laura: See you for the quiz.

Laura: I can hear music.

Laura: Is it coming from my house or your house?

Speaker C: Oh, there's people playing music in my house.

Laura: Oh, fancy musical coin.

Laura: Jazzy, jazzy, jazzy.

Laura: Jeff and the science sets.

Ron: Laura, can you remember what we were covering?

Laura: Metabolism.

Ron: Indeed.

Ron: Yeah.

Laura: We've got to find Eagle earned listeners will have heard the page turning in my notebook.

Ron: Eagle listeners as well will hear how much better my voice is only days later.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: No, don't say only days later.

Laura: Say, like, three weeks later.

Laura: And then you'd be really impressed with how much of metabolism I remember.

Ron: We'll see.

Ron: So it's a five question quiz.

Laura: It's a fiver.

Laura: It's a big five out of five points.

Laura: Three, four, five.

Laura: Once I caught official life 6910, then I let it go again.

Laura: Laura, which finger did it bite?

Laura: No.

Laura: Why did you let it go?

Laura: Because it bit my finger.

Laura: So then you say, which finger did it bite?

Laura: Oh, this little finger on my right.

Laura: Do you remember that song, Rob?

Laura: So, Laura, first question.

Laura: Party with me.

Laura: Party with the fishes.

Laura: Fish party.

Laura: Fish piety.

Laura: Fish piety.

Laura: Monk fish.

Laura: Oh, that is a fish.

Speaker C: You don't need me.

Ron: I'm going to go.

Ron: Laura, question number one.

Laura: Yes.

Ron: Do your breaths get bigger or smaller when you exercise?

Laura: Smaller.

Ron: Wrong.

Laura: No.

Laura: Correct.

Laura: Ding.

Ron: Question number two.

Ron: Do your breaths get bigger or smaller when you exercise?

Laura: Smaller.

Laura: But more of them.

Laura: Ding.

Ron: Zero marks again for that one.

Ron: Okay, question number three.

Laura: Ding.

Ron: Do your breaths get bigger or smaller when you exercise?

Laura: Ding.

Laura: I'll take smaller, please, Alex.

Ron: Then that is wrong again.

Ron: All right, question number four.

Laura: Smaller.

Ron: Do your breaths get bigger or smaller when you exercise?

Laura: Mine personally.

Laura: Smaller.

Laura: Ron much smaller.

Laura: Smaller.

Laura: Shallower.

Laura: Shorter.

Laura: Smaller.

Laura: Shallower.

Ron: Bigger.

Laura: Shorter.

Laura: Sharper.

Speaker C: Question number five.

Ron: What is metabolism?

Laura: It is the sum of all the reactions happening in your body.

Ron: It is one out of five marks.

Laura: Nah, I got them all, mate.

Ron: No, you're dumbins.

Laura: You're dumb.

Laura: You're stupid, dumb bins.

Laura: You're stupid.

Ron: You're dumb ins.

Laura: You're dumb ins.

Ron: You're dumb bins.

Laura: You're a stupid piece of mouldy.

Speaker C: Dumb ins.

Laura: You're a f***** up sandwich made of broccoli.

Laura: Two bits.

Ron: You apparently get on a treadmill and then just hyperventilate yourself off.

Laura: Everybody does.

Ron: No, they don't.

Laura: Nobody's going to.

Ron: You think Mo Farah is.

Speaker C: No, they're going.

Laura: Yes.

Laura: That's what you do when you finished running, when you're trying to get your breath back.

Laura: That's not what you can do while you're running.

Ron: Yes, I can.

Ron: Everyone can.

Laura: You think Mo Farah going in there is going yeah.

Speaker C: When he's learning to run, then you're a f****** dumb.

Laura: You're a dumb ins.

Laura: You're silly.

Laura: You're very silly.

Laura: Is that it?

Laura: Is that the end of the quiz?

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: One out of five marks.

Ron: One out of five marks.

Laura: Full f****** marks.

Ron: One out of five marks full.

Laura: One out of full.

Laura: Five out of five.

Laura: I still agree with myself on everything I said in that episode.

Ron: Ron insane.

Laura: You're insane.

Ron: No, you're a broken person.

Laura: I want to know everybody's thoughts about running.

Speaker C: Yeah.

Laura: When you're exercising, who is taking deeper breaths?

Laura: Hands up.

Laura: It's no one.

Ron: Deeper, faster breaths.

Laura: No.

Laura: Ron shallower, faster breaths.

Ron: No.

Ron: You're stupid.

Laura: You're stupid.

Laura: And your lungs are backwards and you are about to get showered with s***.

Laura: Everybody agreed with me last week about that.

Laura: You should do the maths to find out the answers to things.

Ron: And you know what, though?

Ron: Everyone can eat my a**.

Ron: I'm going to do as much prep as I've done before, and the more discord messages you send me about it, the less likely I am to do it.

Laura: Yeah, well, you will become a hated little boy of the podcast while I am the glorious queen princess.

Laura: And guess what this week everybody's going to be like, ron is a f****** dumps mud baby because he can't stop talking s*** about breathing.

Ron: No.

Ron: If anything, people are going to be like, well I can't take deeper breaths when I'm running but Ron can.

Ron: He must be an evolved human being.

Laura: Why is science syllabus based on no Ron.

Ron: No.

Ron: Because they wrote it based on everyone.

Ron: I'm really sorry.

Ron: Not even in a mean way.

Ron: You are just wrong on this one.

Laura: Not even in a mean way.

Laura: I'm not in a mean way.

Laura: What's shallow breathing for then?

Laura: When do you shallow breathe?

Laura: When you're calm.

Ron: Nobody shallow breathes.

Ron: That's not a thing.

Laura: It is a thing.

Laura: Shallow breathing, that's a thing.

Ron: Yeah, but when you're just relaxed, when you're not exercising, when you don't need that much oxygen.

Laura: Deepest breath.

Speaker C: No.

Laura: Yes.

Speaker C: Stupid.

Laura: You're so stupid.

Laura: You're so stupid, man.

Speaker C: Yoga is a type of exercise.

Ron: You dumbass.

Laura: What are you talking about?

Laura: Yoga, exercise.

Laura: It's just posing about.

Speaker C: You'Re so wrong.

Laura: You're wrong Ron.

Ron: So there you f****** bone to pick with you.

Ron: Why have you been having chats with mum about the fact that my name is Ron?

Ron: And why is she messaging me about ah, okay.

Laura: Because she was showing child of the podcast photos and referring to you as Uncle Cameron and then Tom said Uncle Ron.

Laura: Because obviously she doesn't know what Uncle Cameron means.

Laura: She knows you as Uncle Ron.

Laura: So Tom said Uncle Ron.

Laura: Mum then corrected this to Uncle Cameron and Tom went, she doesn't know him as Cameron, she knows him as Ron.

Laura: Well he's called Cameron, said Mum and Tom and I said, well he asks to go by Ron, he goes by Ron.

Laura: And then mum said no, Cameron is the name I gave him.

Laura: That is his name.

Laura: And I said, I just think it is the basic level of respect you can pay a person to call them by what they've asked to be called.

Laura: And then she said, he doesn't have a problem with me calling him Cameron.

Laura: And I said nothing back to that.

Laura: But clearly it's got under her skin.

Laura: Why?

Laura: What she said to you?

Ron: She was just messaging me about it's like, you don't mind, do you?

Speaker C: And then I had to be like.

Ron: Well you know what, Mum?

Ron: A lot of people do still call me Cameron, but it's not the name I've chosen for myself.

Ron: I do prefer Ron, but it's not causing me two D, six psychic damage.

Ron: Everyone calls me Cameron.

Ron: It's not like I'm getting dead named or something.

Speaker C: It's fine.

Ron: And then she was a bit like oh.

Ron: And then she played it off in the next message where she was like, oh well sorry you hate your name.

Ron: And I was just like and then I was talking to dad about it earlier and it's just like but she doesn't even go by the name she.

Speaker C: Was given when she was christened it.

Ron: Makes no f****** sense.

Laura: Yeah, but anyway, that was all I said, and it literally came from just making sure child of the podcast knew what the h*** she was being shown, because she was just, like, confused.

Ron: Anywho rusty sugar?

Ron: Rusty Sugar have been living on to.

Laura: Buy you that's one of my favourite bits we've done in a while.

Ron: Yeah, I really enjoyed Rusted Sugar, so.

Laura: Hey, look, 101 patrons.

Laura: We only need, like, five more for that.

Laura: I think we're very close to the 100.

Ron: Can I raise something that we discussed briefly in the episode on that?

Ron: Because at 100, we're going to start doing two episodes a month.

Ron: Good for everybody.

Ron: Why do we then have to get to 101 to do Rusty Sugar?

Ron: Why can't that just be one of the two a month?

Laura: I just want everything to have its own platform.

Ron: Right, okay, that's fine.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: Oh, fireworks.

Ron: Next order of business.

Laura: Did you hear those fireworks, Ron?

Ron: Yeah, it didn't sound particularly exciting over the microphone, to be honest.

Laura: Oh, okay, that's fair.

Laura: Next order of business is the register.

Laura: I'm overruling you on the register today, Ron.

Ron: Why?

Ron: I've spent so much time and energy preparing a lovely register.

Laura: Well, suck it up your kissed b***, because I would like to do a single thank you to Rebecca.

Ron: Thank you, Rebecca.

Laura: Don't eat during Rebecca's.

Laura: Thank you.

Laura: Please, Rebecca.

Ron: It's a chicken donner with chips.

Laura: You shouldn't be eating meat.

Laura: Rebecca is getting her own special thank you for being the person who has brought the most people to Lex education.

Laura: Rebecca is basically our recruitment department and.

Ron: We are she's brought one person.

Laura: Two people, Ron.

Laura: Two.

Laura: She brought her sister and another guy.

Ron: You're a f****** legend, Rebecca.

Laura: How many other people have recruited?

Laura: Two.

Laura: Not just listeners, Ron, but patrons.

Laura: How many other people?

Ron: If I hang around afterwards, I'll buy you not the guests.

Ron: I'm not made of money.

Ron: It's only three quid a month from.

Laura: The patreon, of which we get two pound 40.

Ron: Thanks.

Ron: I've not seen a bloody cent of.

Laura: Well, you won't give me your bank details, you creep.

Ron: Can I have some money?

Ron: Can I give you my bank details?

Laura: I have been asking you for your bank details.

Laura: I'm like skin.

Ron: I'd love some money.

Laura: Then give me your friggin bank details.

Ron: I'm going to do it now.

Laura: Can you at least wait till we stop recording?

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: Anywho Becca.

Ron: Not your mates.

Ron: Don't know them.

Ron: They didn't bring anyone but you.

Ron: I will buy you a drink up to and including double shot mixer at.

Laura: The London Podcast Festival on the 16 September at 02:00 P.m.

Laura: With the Caveat.

Ron: If I stick around afterwards what do you mean if?

Laura: Where are you going?

Ron: I just want to be at home for a bit.

Laura: What, you're just going to say the last word and then run off the stage and go home?

Ron: Potentially.

Ron: My life is quite fragile at the moment.

Laura: It's fine.

Laura: Grow up.

Laura: Okay, listeners, thank you very much for listening.

Laura: You're wonderful and looking forward to some breathing chat.

Ron: Long intro and outro this week.

Ron: That's good.

Laura: Say class dismissed.

Ron: Class dismissed.

Speaker C: You dam.

Laura: Are you eating, though?

Speaker C: Yes.

Laura: So, not ready, then?

Laura: No.

Laura: Are?

Speaker C: It all right.

Ron: I swallowed.

No comments:

Post a Comment