Lexx Education - Episode Index

Episode 1 - Biology - A Lego Brick Full of Meccano                          Introduction to cells. Episode 2 - Chemistry - Bob Marley and th...

Tuesday 17 October 2023

Milk In Glass Jars

 Laura: Hi, Ron.

Ron: Hey, Laura.

Laura: Oh, no, that's not how this goes.

Laura: Hello and welcome to another episode of Lex Education, the comedy science podcast, where comedian and me Laura Lex tries to learn science from her previously introduced brother Ron.

Ron: Hello?

Ron: It's me, Ron.

Laura: Hi, Ron.

Ron: Hi, Laura.

Laura: How are you doing, buddy?

Ron: Yeah, very well, thanks.

Ron: Very well.

Ron: I've been with family of the podcast today.

Laura: Beautiful.

Ron: Big board games.

Ron: Big board games.

Ron: Felt like a bit of a Christmas dry run.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: You played a bit of Scrabble with younger sister of the podcast.

Ron: Well, older to me.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: Okay.

Laura: Your youngest older sister.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: Which nephew of the youngest nephew of the podcast thinks I'm older than her?

Ron: Yeah, I'm a bit more grizzled.

Ron: I think that's kind of fair, maybe.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: What are you reading?

Laura: The notes that we've made for the intros outros here.

Laura: So I wanted to start off by just saying sending a lot of love to all the listeners.

Laura: The news this week has been horrendous with the terrorist attack in Israel and then the retaliation I'm not sure what the right word is of Gaza.

Laura: And just it's been harrowing week and a lot of love to everybody listening.

Laura: Also, a special happy birthday to Rebecca.

Laura: Sorry it's late, Rebecca.

Laura: We put the special episode out last week because we wanted to send love to the LGBTQ community, and it meant that we screwed the Rebecca community and by not saying happy birthday.

Laura: So happy birthday, Rebecca.

Laura: And if the government could please stop f****** with people, then it would stop f****** with our happy birthday system.

Ron: Yes.

Ron: But we promise 100% stick a needle in Laura's eye that this will never happen again.

Laura: Oh, hang on a minute.

Laura: I didn't see why I'm losing an eye.

Laura: I hate these promises that you make.

Laura: They really get us into trouble a lot.

Ron: 200 patrons and we'll never forget anything ever again.

Laura: But anyway, yeah, a lot of love to the world today.

Laura: I don't know about you, Ron, but I'm finding it very hard to know what to do or say other than just, oh, my God, so much love to.

Ron: Just I don't think it's really our place to do or say anything.

Ron: So I think just put positivity out there, which is what you're doing.

Ron: So that in between the horribleness they're nice little nuggets.

Laura: I was thinking that I just listened to the episode today while I made dinner, and not to compare the two tragedies, but I made a dinner that I did not like at all to the tune that I couldn't even finish it because it was too spicy.

Laura: Husband of the podcast had to eat it for me.

Laura: And the nice thing about us having pre recorded the lessons is that they truly are a little time capsule of joy that has nothing to do with topical stuff, which is lovely.

Laura: There's some notes, though, what with that being the way we make the podcast.

Laura: We talk a lot about this being a sexy episode.

Laura: Episode 69 is not.

Laura: It's episode 70.

Laura: Last week's episode was episode 69.

Ron: We and Rebecca sacrificed so much to put in that special episode.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: And hey, it was worth it.

Laura: The government changed their minds about being turfy wankers.

Laura: Also, a huge apology to Noah, who is already a patron.

Laura: Again, didn't know that.

Laura: At the time of recording this, Noah, you were in a gone phase then.

Laura: You're back now, so I apologize for everything you're about to hear about yourself in this.

Laura: Sorry.

Laura: Sorry, Noah.

Laura: Please stay.

Laura: Please stay.

Laura: You got anything to add, Ron?

Ron: I talk to Noah all the time.

Ron: How's it going, mate?

Laura: Him every day, don't you?

Ron: I would say we average probably every 0.8 days we'll have some kind of conversation.

Laura: You're just BFFs.

Laura: Is he going to move to Bristol and be friends with you there?

Ron: Yeah, I think we will be friends here, yes.

Laura: I'm so happy.

Laura: Yeah.

Ron: Noah and I haven't lived in the same place for, like, seven years now.

Laura: Come on, Noah.

Laura: Man he's fleeting poked something into my eye, and I'm really sad about it now.

Laura: No dinner and a sore eye.

Laura: Oh, mate.

Ron: Is this the episode where I rub a bunch of chili in my eye?

Laura: No, that one's been and gone.

Laura: That one's released.

Laura: I went up to Devil's D*** today and we showed child of the podcast hang gliders because she's very obsessed with aeroplanes.

Laura: It was really fun.

Laura: Mackie hated it.

Laura: She barked a lot at some hang glider people.

Ron: Yeah, she's a dumb dumb.

Laura: She is a dumb dumb.

Laura: Oh, I do love her, though.

Laura: Blocked up the rat holes this week.

Ron: That's good.

Laura: Yeah.

Laura: I'm worried now, though, that I can smell dead rat in the hole and what I've done is just imprison it and kill it.

Laura: And I feel horrendous.

Laura: Went to B and Q, though.

Laura: They didn't sell any humane rat traps.

Laura: Come on, B and Q, sort your life out.

Ron: Is there such a thing as a humane rat trap?

Laura: Yeah, you can, like, trap them and then just take them somewhere else and release them, can't you?

Ron: Yeah, I don't know.

Ron: I've never had rats.

Laura: Me neither.

Laura: Anyway, enjoy the episode.

Laura: I enjoyed it.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: Bye.

Ron: Well, episode whoa.

Laura: Okay, Ron, we're recording episode 69, the sexiest episode.

Laura: Hello, sex episode.

Ron: How's it going?

Laura: Oh, it's magical, Ron.

Laura: How's your life?

Ron: Yes, all right.

Ron: Having a coffee.

Laura: I've got a cold.

Laura: Still bit sad this morning because my cold meant I couldn't go and see my friend's baby.

Laura: Shout out newest baby.

Laura: Newest baby of the newest baby of the podcast.

Laura: And child of the podcast has gone to meet newest baby of the podcast.

Ron: Cuties.

Laura: Yeah, very cuties.

Laura: Mike couldn't be there because I got cold, and this is like a pre Jabbed baby.

Ron: You're talking about the half Italian baby that we've discussed?

Laura: Yep, yep, yep, yep, yep.

Laura: Real cutie.

Laura: Absolute cutie.

Ron: Nice.

Laura: Oh, God, I love babies.

Laura: Someone sent me a picture of a pink pigeon this morning, Ron.

Laura: I think it was Catherine.

Laura: I think it was Labrac.

Laura: Catherine.

Ron: Hi, Catherine.

Ron: How's it going?

Ron: Hope you're well.

Laura: I hope you're all well.

Laura: Quite frankly, there's one of you that.

Ron: I don't hope is well, is there?

Laura: What?

Laura: Still signed up member.

Laura: I'm being cheeky.

Laura: I was going to be cheeky and then I'm not sure whether to be cheeky or not, or whether the joke's going to go too far if I'm cheeky again.

Ron: I spent a lot of the last Patreon episode telling swathe of listeners to go f*** themselves.

Ron: Well, I'm not going to do that in this one, is what I'm saying.

Laura: This isn't a Patreon episode, though.

Ron: No, but I'm just saying maybe I'll dial it back, Natty.

Ron: Nah, go f*** yourself.

Laura: Well, I'll dial it up.

Laura: Do you know who's not a patron anymore?

Laura: It's.

Laura: That Wiley Fox.

Laura: Noah.

Laura: Noah.

Laura: You can't just come in and out treating this place like a hotel, man.

Laura: Just stay gone now.

Laura: Don't keep coming back and tugging my heartstrings.

Laura: Only saw you last week at the live episode.

Laura: Well, you saw the live episode and went bye, then.

Laura: What's wrong with you?

Laura: I miss you.

Laura: Come back.

Laura: Don't come back.

Laura: I'll only be on the edge of my seat waiting for you to leave again.

Laura: What's his excuse this time, Ron?

Ron: According to Patreon, the VAT was too high.

Laura: Oh.

Laura: Bloody h***, Patreon.

Laura: Stop taking VAT off our people.

Laura: This isn't a luxury.

Laura: You can't charge that on this.

Laura: This is a necessity.

Ron: You don't just charge VAT on luxuries.

Laura: Yes, you do.

Ron: No, you don't.

Laura: Yes, you do.

Laura: No, you don't.

Laura: Yes, you do.

Ron: What about food?

Laura: Yeah, it depends if it's a luxury food, like vegetables and stuff.

Laura: Don't have VAT.

Ron: Don't they?

Laura: No.

Laura: That's why, like, children's clothes that doesn't have VAT.

Laura: That's why there's quite a big fight about the fact that women's sanitary products have VAT on them.

Laura: VAT is for luxury items.

Laura: Value added tax.

Ron: I had no idea.

Laura: Well, it's because you're a mere slip of a boy and I am a worldly wise woman of the earth.

Ron: You are old.

Laura: I run free.

Laura: Keep my teeth nice and clean.

Ron: Don't see friends sit at home.

Ron: Feel okay?

Laura: Yeah, pretty good.

Laura: Life.

Laura: Oh, mate.

Laura: I've only got five more levels to do on.

Ron: You must stop updating me.

Ron: I do not care.

Ron: Ever since you got past 50, it's just I don't care.

Laura: Ron the three.

Ron: Tell me when you're done.

Ron: Yeah, tell me when you're done.

Ron: No, tell me when you're done.

Laura: I like telling you about my life.

Laura: I listen about your work.

Ron: No, you don't.

Laura: Yes, I do.

Ron: What's going on with my work at the moment?

Laura: You don't like.

Ron: When does this go out?

Ron: Because we might not be able to say all of this.

Laura: Oh, well, you can cut it's your episode.

Laura: It's your edit.

Laura: Yeah, just do an imp if you need to cut it.

Laura: Just do an impression of me saying things over the top of this.

Ron: You love your job and you love working for the company that you work.

Laura: At, and you're always saying how workers are and that you're willing to have a pay cut if it'll help the business.

Laura: Yes, all true facts about Ron's feelings.

Laura: And there's an edit point there just a little silence in case we need to just cut that whole segment altogether.

Ron: But I listen to you talk about your work all the time as well.

Laura: You just told me I had to stop updating you about it.

Ron: CSD three is not work.

Ron: Yeah, that's a game that you play.

Ron: I listen to you talk about work.

Ron: Oh, I don't feel safe in the industry.

Laura: Ron, you problematic.

Laura: Man In Podcasting you just ended a perfect run.

Laura: 69 sexy episodes of Ron being an absolute non problem.

Laura: And there he is, boom.

Laura: Feet first in the deep end of the problem.

Laura: Oh, it was funny, though.

Laura: It's very funny.

Ron: Ron thank you.

Ron: It's worth it if it's funny enough and if we've learnt nothing else.

Ron: If you're funny enough, you can get away with anything.

Laura: Do what you like.

Laura: No need to ask me.

Ron: Right.

Ron: Laura unfortunately, the news cycle goes on and by the time that this comes out, everyone will be like, what are they talking about?

Laura: Or it can just apply to the next problem that's been unearthed.

Laura: Wouldn't that be lovely?

Ron: Let's do a patreon episode where we name and shame.

Laura: We'd have to up the tears, though, to pay my defamation bill.

Ron: Think about the guests we could get on.

Laura: Oh, yeah.

Laura: Not tell them what it was until they got there.

Laura: And then say, this is your intervention.

Ron: To catch a predator.

Laura: Yes.

Ron: Oh, that would be amazing.

Ron: We'll start planning.

Ron: Laura so, we're doing chemistry today.

Ron: Can you remember what we were covering in the last chemistry episode?

Laura: Metabolism.

Ron: No, that was the last episode.

Ron: That was biology.

Laura: No, that was homeostasis we did there.

Ron: Okay.

Ron: It was still biology.

Laura: Oh, organic chemistry.

Laura: Ron yeah.

Laura: They're all just becoming one and the same now.

Laura: Except for physics, which is out in its own horrible wing.

Laura: Like, chemistry and biology have been very samey.

Laura: Samey ground for a little while.

Laura: Organic chemistry, that was basically biology.

Laura: I did one episode on that homeostatic and we only talked about petrol kind of chemicals.

Ron: Yeah, I did some scrolling.

Ron: And unfortunately, we're not staying in organic chemistry for very long.

Ron: And we actually never really talk about the bits that make the fun stuff.

Laura: Oh, man.

Ron: We're only talking about fuel.

Laura: No wonder there are no women in Stem.

Ron: Yeah, so, 5.7.1 .2.

Laura: Lauren oh, we're deep in the weeds.

Laura: Big baggage business.

Ron: Fractional, distillation and petrochemicals.

Laura: Oh, Ron, it's lovely.

Laura: Fractional, distillation and petrochemicals.

Laura: Please welcome to the stage, it's fractional, distillation and the petrochemicals.

Laura: Zhang, zhang.

Laura: Zhang.

Laura: Zhi zhang.

Laura: Zhang zhang zhi zhang zhi zhang zhang.

Laura: OOH, he was a handsome boy.

Laura: Only 25.

Laura: Lovely eyes.

Ron: What instrument are they playing?

Ron: The Zhangophone?

Laura: The washboard.

Laura: But they're rolling some jingle bells down it.

Ron: Very nice.

Ron: That was a lovely bit of business.

Ron: Right, so, fractional distillation.

Ron: Do you happen to know what that is?

Ron: When you break up something into small pieces via a water process, liquid.

Laura: Distillation, I know, is liquids, because you get triple distilled vodka and you get distilleries, and that is all about alcohol.

Ron: Okay.

Ron: What's the process of distillation, though?

Laura: Glass jars.

Ron: But what is distillation?

Laura: I don't know.

Ron: You've just said glass jars.

Laura: Yeah, it happens in glass jars.

Ron: So distillation is when something is evaporated and then comes back down to just be the thing.

Laura: Got you.

Ron: Is then condensed again.

Laura: That would be distilled, like evaporated and condensed milk.

Laura: Imagine putting milk in glass jars.

Laura: Oh, they kind of do.

Laura: Milk bottles.

Laura: Whenever I get the milk in in the morning, there's always slugs and snails on the outside of the bottle trying to get to the milk, roll it.

Ron: On back a second.

Ron: Laura, even if they didn't put milk in glass bottles, why on earth would that be a thing to imagine?

Ron: Putting milk in glass jars?

Ron: What the f*** are you on about?

Laura: I just pictured it and I liked it.

Laura: Like a big walking into a big whiskey distillery.

Laura: But there's milk in everything.

Laura: Milk everywhere.

Laura: Milk for days.

Laura: Milk.

Ron: You're an insane lady.

Ron: What the f*** are you talking about?

Laura: Lots of businessmen going to a whiskey distillery, and then they tell them milk.

Laura: This is 16 year old milk.

Laura: It's been in this barrel for 16 years.

Laura: Drink it.

Ron: That's cheese, mate.

Laura: That's what cheese is.

Ron: Okay, so we're talking about fractional distillation.

Ron: So distillation is basically the process of heating something up until it's a gas and then condensing it back down into the liquid.

Ron: The reason for doing this is because during that process, you leave behind impurities and other bits.

Ron: Okay, got you.

Ron: Fractional refers to the fact that different.

Ron: Well, a fraction I e.

Ron: Kind of a proportion of something.

Ron: Okay, so when we're talking about fractional distillation, what we're talking about is the separation of crude oil in this context.

Ron: Okay?

Ron: So give us a quick recap of what crude oil is.

Laura: Oil that calls your mum fat.

Ron: Laura'S just muted there so she can blow her nose.

Ron: She must have really thought, I'd have a lot of material off that.

Laura: Well, I can't be the only one.

Laura: Crude oil is oil, isn't it?

Laura: Before you've refined it into something useful.

Laura: I've always pictured it thicker and stinkier and blacker.

Ron: Yes.

Ron: I don't know about stinkier.

Ron: I won't hang my hat on stinkier.

Ron: But thicker and black.

Laura: Hang my hat on stinkier.

Laura: Hey, girls, listen to me.

Laura: Don't ever hang your hat on stinky.

Laura: I won't hang my hat on Stinkier.

Laura: I'm going to have some self respect boom.

Laura: Feminist anthem.

Laura: I won't hang my hat on Stinkier.

Laura: Woo.

Laura: Coming to you from fractional distillation of the petrochemicals.

Laura: That was a really good, like, woods noise there.

Laura: God, the Lights Education Musical is going to be so good.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: Now that we've got the house band.

Ron: So what was I saying?

Ron: So, crude oil.

Ron: Yes, all of those things are true, but chemically.

Ron: Laura what is it?

Laura: I don't know.

Ron: What were we covering last time?

Laura: Carbon.

Laura: Oh, is it carbon and hydrogen?

Ron: Yeah, it's hydrocarbons, but hydrocarbons.

Ron: What were we covering last?

Laura: Organic chemistry.

Ron: Yes.

Ron: What inside it?

Ron: Give me some specifics.

Laura: Carbon.

Ron: Look at your notes.

Laura: Okay.

Laura: I never know if I'm allowed to look at the notes.

Ron: You're always allowed, but sometimes it's just better than others.

Laura: Alkanes.

Ron: Yes.

Ron: What are alkanes?

Laura: Carbons making?

Laura: Single bonds.

Ron: Yes.

Ron: And crucially, they come in.

Laura: Recyclable packaging.

Ron: Come on.

Ron: Are all alkanes the same?

Ron: Laura.

Laura: No.

Laura: Yes.

Laura: No.

Laura: Yes.

Laura: Similar properties, but not the same.

Ron: They come in different lengths, don't they?

Laura: Okay, so crude oil is an alkane.

Ron: Crude oil is a mix of different hydrocarbons because do you remember how crude oil is made?

Laura: No.

Laura: Oh, plankton.

Ron: Ancient plant matter, largely plankton, buried millions of years ago and compressed until it becomes an oily soup.

Laura: Yuck.

Laura: It.

Ron: When this process happens, it's not going to just smush all of that stuff into billions and trillions of uniform molecules, is it?

Ron: It's going to be a slushy mess.

Laura: Yeah.

Ron: Okay, so then what we do is we fractionally distill that.

Ron: So if we simplify things and we just think about alkanes, what you've got is a whole mix of different alkanes, all at different lengths.

Ron: Now, we know that the shortest of these, they're gases.

Ron: Okay?

Ron: So that's where natural gas comes from and why you get gas pockets under the earth.

Ron: Then we have the rest in there, which makes crude oil, which if you would please turn your attention to the WhatsApp web I've just sent you figure A.

Laura: Figure A.

Ron: Well, hang on, I'm trying to send you figure A.

Laura: Wait a minute.

Laura: I've just tried to join the meeting.

Laura: I'm already in.

Ron: Send.

Ron: I won't send.

Ron: Hang on, hang on.

Laura: I said I am hung.

Ron: There you go.

Ron: Figure A.

Laura: Finally.

Ron: Describe to the listener what you can see there.

Laura: Laura oh, there's a thermometer.

Laura: Nope, it's a fractionating tower.

Laura: And what's happening?

Laura: It starts over there.

Laura: Crude oil goes in through a heater wiggly little pipe, heating it all up, goes into a big old tank.

Laura: I don't really know what happens in there, but there's lots of pipes that come off it and all different things come out of different pipes.

Ron: Jesus, that was the shittiest description of something I've ever heard.

Ron: So the crude oil goes in and gets heated up.

Ron: Okay.

Laura: Yep.

Ron: What do you know about the different alkanes and the different lengths about their properties and how they react to heat?

Laura: The shorter the alkane, the quicker it breaks up.

Ron: Breaks up into what?

Laura: Hydrogens and carbons.

Ron: Why would we want that to happen?

Ron: And do you think that happens?

Ron: Do we just put hydrogens and carbons in our cars?

Laura: Kind of.

Ron: In what form do we put them in our cars?

Laura: Petrol and diesel.

Ron: Which are hydrocarbons.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: So just breaking it up into carbon and hydrogen, probably not that useful, is it?

Laura: That's what happened when you heated stuff up.

Laura: The bubbles broke up.

Ron: What, you thought things just distill down to their pure elements?

Laura: Probably.

Laura: Now I feel like they don't.

Ron: Are you thick, Laura?

Ron: Laura?

Ron: I'm sorry.

Ron: I think you might be thick.

Laura: So what does happen then?

Laura: They just turn into other things?

Ron: They don't turn into anything.

Laura: What happens then?

Laura: You fook.

Ron: They evaporate.

Ron: Well, they become gases.

Ron: We talked about this last time.

Laura: I don't care about last time.

Laura: Just talk about now.

Ron: Yeah, but it's really difficult when I have to start from minus one every single time.

Laura: Give a s***.

Laura: That's your job.

Ron: Wow.

Ron: You've turned sour.

Laura: Yeah, because you're being horrible.

Ron: Is it because I called you thick?

Laura: Yes.

Ron: I'm trying to help.

Ron: I thought you might not know.

Laura: I don't know?

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: No, you might not know that you're thick.

Laura: Oh, no, I know that.

Ron: Okay.

Ron: I was just checking.

Laura: Why do you think I'm not doing anything useful in society?

Laura: Because I'm thick and I don't want to screw it up for anybody.

Laura: I just dance about going, what do you do for a living?

Ron: Yeah, that's fair.

Ron: That's good.

Ron: Anyway.

Ron: So the lighter the fraction, the less hot it has to be to turn that into a gas.

Ron: So you can see that it will rise up the column.

Laura: Okay?

Ron: So what you can see at the top is, in degrees, how hot things need to be for it to reach that to reach that rather for them to get distilled to that level.

Ron: And then you've got the different fractions.

Ron: So right at the top we've got refinery gas.

Ron: So that's the lightest stuff.

Ron: At 20 degrees.

Ron: I e.

Ron: Room temperature.

Ron: That's a gas that's going to shoot straight up to the top, 70 degrees.

Ron: We've got petrol that's used in cars.

Ron: That's the next fraction down.

Ron: Then you've got something called naphtha, 120 degrees, that's used to make chemicals below that, 180 degrees.

Ron: Kerosene, jet fuel paraffin for heating and lighting.

Ron: Beneath that, diesel.

Ron: That's a heavier fraction.

Ron: That needs 260 degrees.

Ron: That's for diesel engines.

Ron: And then below that, you've got the really heavy stuff.

Ron: So you got lubricating oil, 300 degrees.

Ron: Fuel oil for ships and factories, 350 degrees.

Ron: And at the bottom, you've got whatever's left, the residue.

Ron: So that never becomes a gas.

Ron: That's used to make bitumen asphalt.

Ron: It's like tar, tari stuff.

Laura: It's mad that asphalt is a natural product, isn't it?

Ron: Yeah.

Laura: Everything's a natural product, though, really, isn't it?

Laura: Plastic is just natural elements.

Ron: Depends what you mean by natural, really?

Laura: Well, a molecular level.

Laura: Everything's natural.

Ron: It depends what you mean by natural, really.

Laura: Okay, then.

Laura: Move on.

Ron: Do you get that?

Laura: Yeah.

Ron: Explain it back to me, just very briefly.

Laura: I don't want to do, though.

Ron: Yeah, that's your job.

Laura: Let's go back now.

Laura: You've ruined it.

Ron: All I did was call you thick and be horrible.

Laura: Now everything's miserable.

Laura: So you put it all in the heating tank and then things go up when they're a gas and everything goes to a gas at a different temperature, and then they have a little pipe so that their gases come out.

Ron: Why do they need a different temperature?

Laura: There's a shorter or smaller or lighter.

Ron: One of those which describe it to me.

Laura: Lighter.

Ron: Lighter ones.

Ron: Need what?

Laura: Less temperature to be a gas.

Ron: Why?

Laura: I don't know, Ron.

Ron: Think it through.

Laura: I can't.

Ron: Why not?

Laura: Because you're using that tone that makes me angry.

Ron: Think it.

Ron: What's the deal with the lighter fractions?

Ron: Think it through.

Ron: Does seinfeld help?

Laura: Easier.

Laura: Why are they vibrating?

Laura: Vibrating more.

Ron: Why are they vibrating more?

Laura: Because they've got more energy.

Ron: Why does it take less energy to make something a gas?

Ron: Something's a gas?

Laura: I don't know.

Ron: Think it through.

Laura: I don't know.

Ron: You're not thinking it through.

Laura: I've thought it through to the end of where I can think it and I don't know now.

Ron: I don't think you're thinking it through.

Laura: Think.

Laura: Think.

Ron: You're not thinking.

Ron: You're saying the word.

Ron: Think.

Ron: You're being petulant.

Laura: Gosh.

Laura: I don't know, Ron.

Ron: You're not trying.

Laura: Silent.

Laura: Think.

Ron: You're not trying.

Laura: I am trying.

Laura: I don't know.

Laura: I don't know.

Ron: All right, we'll move on to the next bit then.

Laura: No, tell me.

Ron: Well, because they're lighter.

Ron: Oh, this is why.

Laura: Yeah, because you get sulky and won't teach.

Ron: No, it's because you don't retain information and you don't think things through in a logical way.

Ron: You just tell yourself that you don't know them and then you give up before trying.

Laura: I did think you said they didn't break up, and I thought that was how you made a gas.

Laura: Was it broke up?

Ron: No.

Laura: Well, then that would be insane.

Laura: Right, well, then don't tell me to think it through when I do think it through.

Laura: And I tell you what I think.

Laura: You go, you're so thick.

Laura: You're so thick, you should be in a prison.

Ron: No, it's because they're smaller molecules, so it takes less energy to heat them up and have them flying around.

Laura: Okay.

Ron: All right.

Ron: Now explain it all back to me.

Laura: No, I've just done that.

Laura: I'm not doing it again.

Laura: I have just move on.

Ron: All right, we'll move on to the next bit.

Ron: Do the next bit.

Ron: We're going to cover 5.7.1 .3 properties of hydrocarbons.

Ron: Now, in this one, Laurie, we're going to be talking about the properties of hydrocarbons.

Ron: Okay?

Laura: Insert joke about villas and flats and apartments and estate agents.

Ron: I think we can probably just copy and paste the bit that you did on the properties of waves.

Ron: We're going to look at how the size of the molecule no, wait, I've.

Laura: Got a different one.

Laura: Do it again.

Ron: 5.7.1 .3 properties of hydrocarbons, a perfectly.

Laura: Brewed green with just the amount of milk.

Laura: English breakfast.

Laura: An Earl Grey with a little lemon juice.

Laura: A Roy Bosch.

Laura: There you go.

Ron: Very nice.

Ron: Okay, thank you.

Ron: So some properties of hydrocarbon slurry depending on the size of the molecule.

Ron: Can you think of any that change as the size of the molecule changes?

Laura: An alkane, any properties, weight?

Ron: Yeah.

Laura: Any others reactivity?

Ron: Flammability?

Ron: Yes.

Ron: Any that we might have been discussing less than five minutes ago?

Ron: I just want to double check.

Ron: You remember this?

Ron: Do you remember when I called you Thick?

Ron: So I call you thick again?

Laura: Gaseousness boiling point.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: The point at which it becomes a gas and conversely, the viscosity of it when it is a liquid.

Ron: All of these things depend on the length of the molecule.

Ron: These properties influenced how that hydrocarbon can be used.

Ron: Can you give some examples of that?

Laura: Um, if it is thick with a high boiling point, it's a safer fuel to have in a ship.

Laura: What do you think about that, Rob?

Ron: Talk me through it, mate.

Ron: Wouldn't want to jump in and jump down your throat, so I think I'll let you talk me through that one before I comment.

Laura: No, that's okay.

Laura: You go, you critique and I'll refine.

Laura: Why on a boat, ships on this diagram.

Ron: What does something need to be to combust flammable?

Ron: Yeah, but in this sense, like when we talk about hydrocarbons and stuff or like organic molecules, needs to have needs to be a gas.

Laura: But petrol is not a gas.

Ron: It is when it's injected into the combustion chamber.

Ron: Yeah, gas spark crikey.

Ron: Do you not know that?

Laura: No.

Ron: Same with alcohol.

Ron: Like liquid alcohol won't burn, it's only the stuff on the top that burns the gaseous stuff.

Laura: Well, we all know our own things, don't we?

Ron: Okay, so, like, using an example that you understand, do you want to tell us how these properties influence how hydrocarbons are used?

Laura: I'd love to.

Laura: Ron, do you want to?

Laura: More than anything, I want to more than anything.

Laura: I'd have to burst into a little monologue now all about I no, I.

Ron: Just I don't want to give up on you, Laura, because I hate the idea that you don't understand that something that is less flammable and a sticky sort of viscous fluid is good for use as a lubricant and something that is a liquid and flammable is good to put in cars as a fuel.

Ron: I need to know that you understand that.

Laura: What did you say?

Ron: Something that is viscous and not very flammable is good as a lubricant.

Laura: I-E-I understand that, but like most of those things in that fractionating tower there, and Ron will put this image on the instagram, most of those are flammable, mate.

Ron: Yes, but I just asked for one example.

Ron: You can see that, right?

Laura: Well, I didn't know that that was the example.

Ron: Well, you could have chosen any of them.

Ron: I gave you free rein.

Ron: But you must also understand that something that's light and is a gas is better for using in a hob.

Ron: And you wouldn't put it in your car because it would just flow out again.

Ron: Equally.

Ron: You wouldn't have petrol p****** out of your hob, but it goes well in a car.

Ron: You must understand this.

Laura: Yeah, but that's one of those tricko questions where that's too simple an answer.

Laura: And I was trying to be smart.

Ron: For you, my dear, there is no such thing as too simple an answer.

Laura: Hey, Ron.

Laura: F*** yourself.

Ron: Next thing that we need to understand.

Laura: Is really thought you were going to ask me how long we'd been recording then, and I was going to say 9 hours.

Laura: And we were going to stop.

Laura: We're not?

Ron: No.

Ron: Well, how long have we been recording?

Laura: Not long enough.

Ron: Ron, how long have we been recording?

Laura: 32 minutes of gold.

Ron: Okay, because there's just, like, one bit left, but it's probably too much now.

Ron: I didn't think this I didn't realize I was going to have to recap the whole of the last Air Mystery lesson.

Laura: Well, why not?

Laura: 68 episodes you've had to do that.

Laura: Why would you think the 69th would be any different?

Ron: I am an optimist.

Laura: Just finish the bit, Ron.

Ron: I never stop believing that you might.

Laura: Change I never stop believing that you might change zhang, Zhang, Zhang, Zhang, Zhang.

Ron: Zhang, Zhang, Zhang, Zhang, Zhang but there's.

Laura: Gonna be no more hanging my hat on stinkier I'm gonna stop believing you will change feminist anthem hi, it's me, Lauren Laverne playing feminist anthems.

Laura: Scissors.

Laura: They're big, aren't they?

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: We're going to talk briefly about the combustion of hydrocarbons, okay?

Laura: Okay.

Ron: What type of reaction is combustion?

Laura: Fire.

Laura: What types of combustion are there, Ron?

Laura: Burning combustion.

Ron: What do you need to combust something?

Laura: Fuel.

Laura: Oxygen.

Ron: And stop there.

Ron: Go back to the second one.

Laura: Oxygen.

Ron: Okay.

Ron: What type of reaction do you think combustion is?

Laura: Oxidization.

Ron: There we go.

Ron: So the carbon and the hydrogen are oxidized.

Ron: What do you think the products of combustion are?

Laura: Carbon dioxide and hydrogen.

Ron: Try again.

Ron: Now, remember that I said the carbon and the hydrogen are oxidized.

Laura: Carbon dioxide and hydrogen.

Laura: Carbon monoxide.

Laura: Carbon oxide and hydroxide.

Laura: Carbon monoxide and hydrogen oxide.

Ron: Well, we know that it's carbon dioxide, don't we?

Laura: Carbon dioxide and hydroxide.

Laura: Hydrogen oxide.

Ron: What's another word for hydrogen oxide?

Ron: You f****** dunce.

Laura: Hydroxide.

Laura: Hydroxyl group.

Ron: Water.

Ron: F****** dunce.

Ron: Oh, my God.

Laura: That's too much science in my head now.

Laura: I can't remember normal things.

Laura: God, you try and be so clever, like remembering the hydroxyl group, and then the answer is f****** water.

Ron: We're just going to do one example of that, okay?

Ron: Please, could you give me the balanced.

Ron: Equation for the combustion of propane.

Laura: F****** no.

Laura: What is propane then?

Ron: Go back to last week.

Laura: This trouble that.

Laura: It's not last week.

Laura: It's three weeks ago.

Ron: It's about nine years ago for me.

Ron: But I remember all of this.

Laura: I haven't written down what propane is.

Ron: Big mistake.

Ron: It's the third one.

Ron: Methane ethane propane butane pentane.

Laura: What does that mean, though?

Ron: Methane, ethane, propane butane pentane.

Ron: Ron, what's methane?

Laura: I don't know.

Laura: Gas.

Ron: What's the chemical composition of methane?

Laura: I don't know.

Ron: It's one carbon long.

Laura: Thank you.

Ron: It's the first one.

Laura: It's a carbon surrounded by hydrogen.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: Propane is the third one.

Laura: So three carbons.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: You've got a formula there for it.

Ron: You just need to insert N into the formula.

Laura: I don't want to do it with formulas.

Ron: All right, have a guess.

Laura: I'm drawing.

Ron: When calculators fail, Laura reaches for the crayons.

Laura: C.

Laura: Three h eight.

Ron: Yes.

Laura: Okay, great.

Ron: Please do the balanced equation for that burning.

Laura: So C three h eight equals CO2 plus h 20.

Laura: Now then I need at least four hydrogens, so least four.

Laura: And then but I've got three, so I've got three carbon.

Laura: So I need three CO2 s.

Laura: So that gives me six oxygens, seven oxygens.

Laura: So seven.

Laura: But does oxygen always come as a pair?

Ron: An oxygen molecule is two.

Ron: Yeah.

Laura: Okay, so it's two.

Laura: So to do that like that so I must have to have at least two H 20 to make that an even number.

Laura: So that makes that eight two.

Laura: Then I've got then that, then that.

Laura: Oh, God.

Laura: Then oh, happening here.

Laura: Right, start again, brain.

Laura: Okay.

Laura: Two plus C.

Laura: Three h eight equals CO2 plus h 20.

Laura: Okay, so we have to have at least two H 20.

Laura: Okay.

Laura: Then we need at least three CO2.

Laura: Then that gives us three carbons.

Laura: Yes.

Laura: Then we've got six oxygens there and two there.

Laura: So that's eight two.

Laura: But then that's two.

Laura: That's four.

Laura: That's not enough hydrogen.

Laura: So we have to have at least two of those, which makes that six, not three.

Laura: Ron.

Laura: I think it is.

Laura: Ron, do you know what it is?

Ron: Read it out to me.

Laura: No.

Laura: Do you know what it is?

Ron: I will know if it balances laura, this is not the same as doing math.

Laura: It is.

Ron: No, it's this is balancing this is balancing the equation.

Laura: I think it is.

Ron: This also isn't part of the quiz, so doesn't count.

Ron: And also I won't start.

Ron: I won't change.

Laura: Eight.

Laura: Two plus two C, three H eight equals six.

Laura: CO2 plus two H 20.

Ron: No.

Ron: Where have all the hydrogens gone?

Laura: They're in the H 20.

Ron: But there's only four hydrogens there.

Ron: And you've got 16 hydrogens on the left.

Laura: Okay, hang on.

Laura: So that needs to be four, and then that needs to be ten.

Laura: Okay, ten.

Laura: Two plus two C, three H eight equals six.

Laura: CO2 plus four H 20.

Ron: That's still only eight hydrogens.

Laura: Bollocks.

Laura: Okay.

Laura: Eight h 20.

Ron: Yeah, that sounds about right.

Ron: Nice.

Laura: Hooray hooray.

Ron: And we'll move on to 5.7.1 .4.

Ron: Cracking and alkenes next time, thank God.

Laura: Okay.

Laura: And unclench the bum.

Laura: Beautiful.

Laura: We are recording.

Ron: We're here.

Ron: We're recording.

Ron: We're doing it.

Laura: Yeah.

Ron: Now, Laura, yesterday, or whenever that was, we recorded a real low energy intros outros.

Ron: So we're going to bring some pep.

Ron: Okay?

Laura: If you've got pep, you feel free to bring it.

Laura: Ron.

Ron: Good.

Ron: All going to need you to match that holy bit.

Laura: I'll try.

Laura: Whoa.

Ron: Okay, emotions.

Ron: Laura, can you remember what we were doing last time?

Laura: No, Ron, I can't remember anything except the darkness of a sad, sad brain.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: I don't know.

Ron: We were doing hydrocarbons.

Ron: We love a hydrocarbon also.

Laura: We did that ages ago.

Laura: We're doing that last time.

Ron: We've done it again.

Laura: We're doing more about it.

Ron: The little strings.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: A lot of this knowledge is kind of sequential, obviously, when you sort of receive one nugget at a time and chuck that nugget away when you leave, it doesn't always seem like the dots.

Laura: Don'T get chuck it away.

Laura: It runs away.

Laura: I tuck it up into a little gossamer bed in an Acorn, and then it looks at me and says, you're a disgusting witch.

Laura: I don't want to be anywhere near you.

Laura: And it runs away.

Ron: Projecting a bit.

Laura: Found a weird pen on Agony dad's desk.

Laura: And it's called a voltage indicator.

Laura: And if I press this button, it goes red.

Laura: Oh, near the microphone.

Laura: It makes a noise.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: That's not a yeah, because there's voltage in the microphone.

Laura: Oh.

Laura: And my laptop.

Laura: Oh, that's fun.

Laura: Well, now I feel peppier.

Laura: I found some toys.

Laura: Oh, and some crayons.

Ron: That's good.

Laura: Well, that's good because I don't have my gel crayons with me.

Ron: Even better than gel pens.

Ron: Bit more your speed.

Laura: F*** you, Ron.

Laura: Now all my pep's gone.

Ron: To just because last time, when we were so in the bulk of this episode, that to be fair to the listener, they just listened to we were covering fractional distillation.

Laura: Oh, yeah.

Laura: Diesel and stuff.

Ron: Diesel and stuff, yeah.

Ron: Can you name any of the stuff?

Laura: Lubricating, oil, petrol and cooking gas stuff.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: NAPSA, whatever that is.

Ron: So what we're going to do, because when we were doing that, you weren't wholly across the whole hydrocarbon thing, alkanes and whatnot, so we're going to just recap those quickly as part of the quiz.

Laura: Okay, so you're testing me on stuff that wasn't in the episode?

Ron: It's foundational to the episode.

Ron: Could you describe the structure of Alkanes, please, for three marks?

Laura: It's carbons connected to two other carbons, and then all their other connections are hydrogens.

Laura: And they are varying lengths, depending on the alkane.

Laura: I think they go around corners, sometimes.

Ron: Saturated, one bit missing.

Ron: What does that mean?

Laura: F****** cool.

Ron: Why are they saturated?

Laura: Because all their links are used up.

Laura: So if they aren't got, like, enough hydrogens, then the carbons will just connect to each other or something.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: And when there aren't enough hydrogens, they connect to each other with double bonds.

Ron: Which means that in alkanes it's all.

Laura: Gray beer no or nothing.

Laura: Right.

Laura: On the night about E, when it's.

Ron: Not alkanes, it's double bonds.

Ron: So what could it be?

Ron: Possibly when it is alkanes triple bonds.

Laura: What'S the question?

Ron: When you were drawing it out, did you draw any triple bonds?

Laura: I don't know.

Laura: I thought it was double bonds.

Ron: So hard to be.

Laura: Is there no double bonds?

Laura: Is there no double bonds?

Laura: Oh, I don't know.

Laura: Just give the point to someone else.

Ron: When they're not alkanes, sometimes they have double bonds.

Laura: What are they when they're alkanes did have double bonds?

Ron: No, you said all right, okay.

Ron: No, they're all single bonds.

Ron: Two out of three marks.

Laura: Fine, I don't care.

Laura: Your marks don't mean anything.

Ron: Okay.

Ron: We might not record a full episode today.

Ron: I simply just won't.

Ron: Please describe how alkane's properties change with the length of the chain, the carbon chain.

Laura: The longer the chain, the heavier the hydrocarbon and the higher the boiling.

Ron: .1 mark out of three.

Laura: M.

Laura: So the longer the chain, the gloopier it is gets lots.

Ron: Science word for gloopier.

Laura: More Gloopy.

Laura: Increased gloopicity to the power.

Laura: Two Gloop x equals Gloop times loads of it.

Laura: Flammableness comes into it.

Laura: So that's part of it.

Laura: That's it really cool.

Ron: One mark out of three.

Ron: How does fractional distillation work?

Laura: Have a big tank and you heat stuff up and there's pipes that all the different bits and then as of the different hydrocarbons hit their temperature that they need to become a gas.

Laura: They will do it at different places so they come out of different pipes.

Ron: Say that again.

Laura: Don't rub your eyes.

Ron: I'm not rubbing my eyes in frustration.

Ron: I'm trying to really listen to what you're saying.

Laura: I was talking pretty slow.

Ron: Say it again.

Laura: So you have the crude oil and you heat it and then the different lengths of hydrocarbon become gases at different temperatures.

Laura: And the smaller ones with the lower boiling points are obviously lighter, so they go the highest.

Laura: And so they are sort of siphoned off at different places depending on where their boiling points are.

Ron: Very nice.

Ron: Three marks.

Laura: About time.

Ron: Okay, that's the end of the quiz.

Laura: Episode of two halves there on, wasn't it?

Ron: Oh, yeah.

Laura: So listen, I have depression and anxiety and I talk a lot about it.

Laura: Sometimes I show it in my work and that is what you just witnessed in the quiz there.

Laura: I'm very sorry that I was so low energy.

Laura: Me and Ron did talk about re recording, but I feel quite strongly that it's important to not just go, hey, I'm bright now, but sometimes I'm sad.

Laura: Sometimes you just have to see me being a bit dismal.

Laura: And that was that.

Laura: Ron, you coped with it magnificently.

Ron: Well, I was about to say I just wanted to point out that I am more supportive than I come across in both this episode and the next one.

Ron: While Laura is not in a good place, it's just quite hard to do that within the persona of the podcast.

Laura: Yeah, but hey, listen, I think I could really hear myself trying in that episode, but it's like trying to answer your quiz questions when I only know every other word in English is how I feel about it.

Laura: I'm like, I can see the image that we talked about, but so much of it's floated on by.

Laura: However, in better news ron, let's talk about my successes.

Laura: We discussed CSD Three in this episode.

Laura: I have now platinummed that game, a thing I didn't even know you could do to games until Tom showed me what platinuming a game means and I've now platinummed it.

Ron: I'm so sorry, I cannot hear about this again.

Laura: Why can't you just be proud of me?

Ron: Laura?

Ron: I've been proud of you for that, like, four times.

Laura: Do it now when we're recording.

Ron: No, I cannot hear about this again.

Laura: Well, guess what?

Laura: Now I'm playing.

Ron: I know, I know.

Ron: Tom told me about it.

Ron: Because he was scared, because he has to hear about it, too.

Ron: We will just hear about f*** you guys.

Laura: I listen to so much s*** about Bouldergate and f****** cod and all that nonsense.

Ron: Yeah, me and Tom are always talking about Call of Duty, our favourite game.

Laura: I literally just tell you how well I'm doing.

Laura: It's not like I tell you about the recipes I'm making.

Laura: Yes, you do fine.

Laura: You're not proud of me.

Laura: Who cares?

Laura: Anyway?

Laura: We've reached the patron level needed to be writing our Rusty Sugar fan fiction.

Laura: By the way, if you remember that from a few weeks ago, 101 patrons, we said we would each write a fan fiction.

Laura: Well, not fan fiction, is it?

Laura: Each write a creative writing endeavor about a character called Rusty Sugar.

Laura: So we're going to get working on that and we will be releasing that mid November on the patreon.

Ron: Right?

Laura: On the patreon.

Laura: Yeah, absolutely.

Laura: Also, because we're now at 100 patrons, we are doubling the patron output.

Laura: So if you've been like, well, wrong, basically, but sitting there thinking, I'm not paying three pounds a month for just one extra episode.

Laura: Plus these four brilliant ones they give us for free.

Laura: Quite selfish, but fine.

Laura: Now there's going to be two a month, and that starts bang next Friday.

Laura: This Friday.

Laura: It might even be Friday that you're listening to this.

Ron: Lots of bonus stuff goes up there as well.

Ron: Like the live show recordings go on there.

Ron: They don't count as one of the things they're extra.

Ron: You get first dibs on live shows.

Ron: So the one that's happening in November, that's sold out only with patrons.

Ron: So there are other perks as well.

Ron: You can comment on the episodes, you have a nice little chat with people.

Laura: And the discord is lovely.

Ron: The discord is beautiful.

Laura: Safe haven of internet.

Ron: Everyone on the discord yesterday was just having a catch up with each other and checking in on people, making sure everyone was okay.

Laura: It was really fun games, too.

Ron: Yeah.

Laura: Right now, this Friday, 20 October, ron and I have recorded a special episode to celebrate my birthday.

Laura: And so we are doing a whole episode all about the moon.

Laura: You do need to put music on that, Ron, and then I can upload it.

Laura: So do join the patreon, because we need the money and we like to give you nice stuff.

Laura: So there you go.

Ron: Yeah.

Laura: And for the next two weeks, we're off syllabus, Ron, because it's Halloween.

Ron: Halloween.

Laura: Halloween.

Laura: We're doing two Halloween episodes this year.

Laura: One next week and then one on actual Halloween.

Ron: Yeah, because we figured releasing something on Halloween, by the time 90% of listeners get to it, it won't be Halloween anymore.

Laura: Yeah, but then you can't put an episode out on Halloween and have it not be Halloween.

Laura: So you're just getting two episodes.

Laura: Dubsies happy, happy days, everyone.

Laura: Gosh, there's lots of admin this week, isn't there?

Ron: Loads.

Laura: Well, I hope you're all feeling revived and delicious and like the shortest alkane in the distillation chamber.

Laura: Treat yourself to some milk in a cluster.

Ron: Now that you've listened back to that, do you understand?

Laura: I can still picture it being really pretty in my head, but I understand what you mean.

Laura: I understood it at the time.

Laura: I laughed and said, ha ha.

Laura: That's milk bottles.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: The bit where you couldn't think of the name for water is also no.

Laura: Ron, it wasn't that I couldn't think of the name for water.

Laura: I didn't know you wanted me to say water.

Laura: Go away.

Laura: Right, we're going to do the register now, and we're actually going to be redoing a register from a because you.

Ron: Were in a mood when you did it last time.

Ron: So let's bring it.

Ron: It was the first recording that you were really sad for that we're now listening to the quiz of you were.

Laura: Being a t***, though, I think.

Ron: I don't think I was.

Laura: You probably had something to do with it anyway.

Laura: Yeah, we said thank you to three people, but let's face it, was monotone and rushed, and we don't want anyone to feel like their contribution isn't valued as much.

Laura: First of all, thank you, Levi Tubman.

Laura: Levi, you have just the coolest name.

Laura: You are winner of the Listener Coolest Name Award.

Laura: Levi Tubman.

Laura: Dirty blues singer or hotshot lawyer?

Laura: Don't know.

Laura: Levi Tubman.

Laura: Can do whatever the f*** they want.

Laura: Am I doing all of them?

Ron: Ron, you have to do all of.

Laura: Them because okay, Lisa.

Laura: Thank you, Lisa, for being a patron.

Laura: Lisa is the mastermind and coordinator of the Orcars attacking Rich People's Yachts.

Laura: This joke made more sense in the episode.

Laura: It was meant to be on disclaimer sorry about that.

Ron: And more sense at that time when people were still talking about orcas.

Laura: It's not a political thing, the Orca thing.

Laura: They the Orcas just do it for the thrill of attacking rich people's yachts.

Laura: Thank you, Lisa, is what we're saying, for being a patron.

Laura: And finally thank you, catherine Jarrosh.

Laura: Is that how you pronounce your name?

Laura: Don't know, but thank you anyway.

Laura: Catherine is in charge of finding the three more patrons.

Laura: We need to start doubling the content.

Laura: Catherine, you nailed it.

Ron: That joke made more sense than the time it was first recorded.

Laura: Catherine, we're way over that threshold now.

Laura: But don't stop recruiting.

Laura: Hi.

Laura: Charles podcast.

Laura: It says now.

Laura: Pull your finger out.

Laura: Catherine, we all want more content and frankly, you're slacking.

Laura: But actually, Catherine, you've smashed it.

Laura: Have a Christmas bonus.

Laura: Hi.

Laura: We love you.

Laura: And the double content is here to stay.

Ron: Yes, it is.

Laura: Good contribution, Ron.

Laura: What was distracting you there?

Laura: What were you doing?

Ron: Nothing.

Laura: What were you doing?

Ron: Nothing.

Laura: What are you doing tonight?

Ron: Nothing.

Laura: Why aren't we doing an episode now, then?

Ron: I'm busy.

Laura: What are you doing?

Ron: None of your business.

Laura: Tell me.

Ron: No.

Laura: Why?

Ron: Don't want to.

Laura: Will you tell me when we stop recording?

Ron: Yeah.

Laura: All right, then.

Laura: Go away.

Laura: Everyone's doing.

Ron: Now.

Ron: Are we done?

Laura: No.

Laura: You have to say glass.

Laura: Dismissed.

Ron: Yeah.

Ron: Should I say it now?

Laura: Stare at me.

Laura: Like why can't you remember every alkane in the syllabus?

Laura: You can't even remember to say two words an episode.

Ron: No, I was asking if I needed to say it now.

Ron: Shall I say it now?

Laura: Say it whenever you f****** like.

Ron: Now.

Ron: Cluster Smith.

No comments:

Post a Comment